Author Topic: Mike Matarazzo - great article  (Read 40519 times)

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
Re: MIKE MATARAZZO
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2008, 05:46:12 PM »

i was refering to all natural peanut butter...just peanuts+salt

yea, thats some good shit. The salt isn't even a problem and is desirable if you're a HARD training bodybuilder. glad you know about that palm oil shit as I'm amazed how many dudes have no idea.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Mike Matarazzo - great article
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »
its funny that youll never hear any body blaming rice crispy treats or skittles or PEEPS (YUM!  ;D )...the real culprits.... for a guy with bad cholestrol that had a heart attack... they always go after "RED MEAT"  ;D  

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2008, 05:47:32 PM »
yea, thats some good shit. The salt isn't even a problem and is desirable if you're a HARD training bodybuilder. glad you know about that palm oil shit as I'm amazed how many dudes have no idea.
-another one is canola oil

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »
its funny that youll never hear any body blaming rice crispy treats or skittles or PEEPS (YUM!  ;D )...the real culprits.... for a guy with bad cholestrol that had a heart attack... they always go after "RED MEAT"  ;D   
I gotta back the kid up here. It's this shit that actually raises triglyceride levels, not meat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2008, 05:49:02 PM »
interesting... many have long blamed his heart trouble on 5 pounds of beef per day for years.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2008, 05:51:39 PM »
interesting... many have long blamed his heart trouble on 5 pounds of beef per day for years.
the FDA is responsible !

long have i warned people about these people and their misinformation

their damn food pyramid isnt even based on nutrition facts, its based on what most people generally eat ! haha !

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2008, 05:54:14 PM »
oh and i dont think it was his diet at all !

in mos people bad chollestrol stems from diet

but in mikes case

id gotta put it to the drugs

maybe not even the steroids themselves, but pre contest AI use would seriously fuck up his hdl/ldl

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2008, 05:57:01 PM »
the FDA is responsible !

long have i warned people about these people and their misinformation

their damn food pyramid isnt even based on nutrition facts, its based on what most people generally eat ! haha !

this is true because the fact is that they couldnt sustain the population on what humans should actually eat. look at the cheapest, most fattening shit, it's bread, pasta, sugar, potatoes. all the stuff that can be mass produced.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
Group A -5 lbs of red meat per day
Group B-Chronic heavy weightlifting
Group C-Chronic AS use
Group D-All of the above

If each group consisted of 50 test subjects, each measuring blood cholesterol, cardiac hypertrophy, sclerotic plaque formation, HTN, increased LDL, hypercholesterolemia etc. Obviously, you'd get the biggest change in group D, but taking Group D (matarazzo type) out of the equation...over a long term trial, you would see the most DRASTIC effects on the heart (not necessarily bad) from group B and group C.  That's considering all things being equal.  Hell, just being heavy has an impact on the heart!  I remember Flex saying when he was over 270, he couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without stopping for a breather, which organ do you think is taking the worst, minute-by-minute pounding?  

But that's not to say that there's not much to be said about red meat consumption.  Nobody puts out more studies on the adverse effects of a meat based diet than SDA's.  Who have done study after study showing the benefits of a plant based diet, in terms of longevity, cholesterol, obesity, HTN etc. etc. etc. etc.

(oh, but group A will definitely have the highest risk of Colon Cancer  ;D )
just not good enough

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2008, 06:05:35 PM »
All this talk about redmeat is making me hungry.  >:( I suggest all of you eat a burger tonight and stop worrying about cholesterol.  :)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »
BEEF ? absolutely zero effect on cholestrol bro.

DIETARY CHOLESTROL? absolutely zero effect on cholestrol

SATURATED FAT? this can have a negative effect on cholestrol if itis consumed in large quantities,

UN SATURATED FAT ? (like peanutbutter that has already been mentioned) will positivel influence cholestrol

BUT

SUGARS...refined grains and white flour...   insulin spiking starches... these have a bigger negative impact on cholestrol levels that saturated fat or anything else for that matter!

wow. so please enlighten us Candi, the high school student...  are you saying that fats and dietary cholesterol have 0 impact on your cholesterol levels and the sugar is the only thing that increases cholesterol??? wow.  Well, thats not what we learn in medical school. 

I am serious, please tell me how dietary cholesterol has 0 impact?  Our patients go on low cholesterol diets, cut out the red meat, etc, and their serum cholesterol levels DROP a lot, with DIET ALONE.  Sugar has barely any impact.

Anyway, one point that no one brought up was that steroids impact cholesterol the most.  they lower HDL and increase LDL,,,,even Anavar!  The combo of Mike's low HDL, and fatty foods plus crappy genetics (thought he had a family history) have contributed to his heart condition.
you are gay.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 06:48:05 PM »
wow. so please enlighten us Candi, the high school student...  are you saying that fats and dietary cholesterol have 0 impact on your cholesterol levels and the sugar is the only thing that increases cholesterol??? wow.  Well, thats not what we learn in medical school. 

I am serious, please tell me how dietary cholesterol has 0 impact?  Our patients go on low cholesterol diets, cut out the red meat, etc, and their serum cholesterol levels DROP a lot, with DIET ALONE.  Sugar has barely any impact.

im not a high school student, worm.

dietary cholestrol has zero efect on serum cholestrol. FACT.

yes, fats do effect cholestrol. like i said, saturated fats can, if consumed in excess, negatively effect cholestrol levels. while certain unsaturated fats greatly improve cholestrol levels.

sugar definitely has a huge effect on serum cholestrol. FACT.

overeating has a big effect as well; which is probably why ANY diet helps improve serum cholestrol. NOT because you cut out red meat.

would you like to know the best way to improve cholestrol levels and all the cardiovasular risk fatcors?  zero starch diet with lots of greens, meats, and omega-3 fatty acids.  :D

now go bak to the steroid board and ask the same beginner level questions 500 times in a row.  :o

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2008, 06:52:37 PM »

yes, fats do effect cholestrol. like i said, saturated fats can, if consumed in excess, negatively effect cholestrol levels. while certain unsaturated fats greatly improve cholestrol levels.

overeating has a big effect as well; which is probably why ANY diet helps improve serum cholestrol. NOT because you cut out red meat.

would you like to know the best way to improve cholestrol levels and all the cardiovasular risk fatcors?  zero starch diet with lots of greens, meats, and omega-3 fatty acids.  :D

now go bak to the steroid board and ask the same beginner level questions 500 times in a row.  :o
;D

Candy...what would getbig do without your abundant wealth of knowledge  ;D
just not good enough

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2008, 06:53:03 PM »
Candy, do you favor the leaner cuts or do you buy the fatty stuff when getting meat?
persoanlly, id rather have chicken breasts cooked in olive oil than like thighs and shit.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »
Candy, do you favor the leaner cuts or do you buy the fatty stuff when getting meat?
persoanlly, id rather have chicken breasts cooked in olive oil than like thighs and shit.
i get the big 5 lb rolls of the 70/30 ground beef and turkey and chop them into 8 pieces and put them in ziplocks in the freezer. i pan cook and rinse them  8)

i also get the big costco 20 lb bags of chicken breasts on occaision.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »
;D

Candy...what would getbig do without your abundant wealth of knowledge  ;D
breathe a sigh of relief, i imagine  ;D

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2008, 07:14:13 PM »
PIP Matzzarella.
I

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2008, 07:45:53 PM »
anabolic steroids cause drastic reductions in HDL cholesterol which increase the total chol/hdl chol ratio- the ratio is the indicator of risk of heart attack and stroke

just bout everyone who uses steroids will see their HDL drop, in most it normalises after u stop using but years of use will have u building those atherosclerotic plaques in the arteries

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
anabolic steroids cause drastic reductions in HDL cholesterol which increase the total chol/hdl chol ratio- the ratio is the indicator of risk of heart attack and stroke

just bout everyone who uses steroids will see their HDL drop, in most it normalises after u stop using but years of use will have u building those atherosclerotic plaques in the arteries

thanks, but I'll take Mike's word on this one, not that of a getbig medical expert like yourself.
I

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »

where are you getting your "facts" from cause most of them are wrong.  Why do medicines that block the transport of chol from the gut to blood LOWER SERUM CHOLESTEROL VALUES?  

in fact, the second most popular chol lower drug works by this method.  so please explain your facts son. (ps. you can't just google all of your said 'knowledge')...
you are gay.

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2008, 07:50:44 PM »

thanks doogie howser.
I

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2008, 07:52:27 PM »
hahha...

explaining real info to candi is harder than getting a democrat to get a job!!!
you are gay.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
If that amount of beef had nothing to do with his heart attack, I would bet the house that it will have everything to do with his future cancer...Those guys of the 90's also used enough ephedra to kill a horse...Lets also remember how hard his heart had to work walking around over 250 pounds since he was basically a teenager...

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2008, 08:14:04 PM »
persoanlly, id rather have chicken breasts cooked in olive oil than like thighs donuts and Ding Dongs and shit.

Fixed.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »
The "Caberet" on route one (bannana and "cab" were owned by the same guy

i worked everywhere in mass    lol!
haahah I was there last week.