Author Topic: F'ING CLUELESS - Obama's India Trip to cost $____ Millions a day.  (Read 31423 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: F'ING CLUELESS - Obama's India Trip to cost $200 Million a day.
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »
Which hotel is Obama staying at? If it's the Taj Mahal Palace, the hotel has 560 rooms.

http://www.tajhotels.com/Palace/The%20Taj%20Mahal%20Palace%2CMUMBAI/default.htm

A lot of figures are inflated. When I saw the first figure about the warships I doubted that it was accurate. It just did not make sense that so many warships would be sent even for the President of the USA.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2010, 11:19:27 AM »
Which hotel is Obama staying at? If it's the Taj Mahal Palace, the hotel has 560 rooms.

http://www.tajhotels.com/Palace/The%20Taj%20Mahal%20Palace%2CMUMBAI/default.htm

A lot of figures are inflated. When I saw the first figure about the warships I doubted that it was accurate. It just did not make sense that so many warships would be sent even for the President of the USA.

I read that it was 800 rooms and that they took over the entire hotel for over a week and sent hundreds of people in advance. 

The Army Corp. of Engineers was also sent to building a 1 Kilometer Tunnel  to the museum. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »
Oh god, you guys are fucking hilarious, fuck off with this nonsense of spending $200 million a day.  TURN OFF GLENN BECK FOR FUCKS SAKE:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2010/11/04/ac.obamas.india.trip.cost2.mov.cnn

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jnvgjuZmmmbXI-QwUkdw1UrxCzgQ?docId=CNG.e6845d9c6b2c4020d697d067ff57e4ad.431

It's no wonder studies have shown right wingers are prone to believing rumors...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2010, 11:26:24 AM »
Oh god, you guys are fucking hilarious, fuck off with this nonsense of spending $200 million a day.  TURN OFF GLENN BECK FOR FUCKS SAKE:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2010/11/04/ac.obamas.india.trip.cost2.mov.cnn

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jnvgjuZmmmbXI-QwUkdw1UrxCzgQ?docId=CNG.e6845d9c6b2c4020d697d067ff57e4ad.431

It's no wonder studies have shown right wingers are prone to believing rumors...

So, if its not $200 MIllion, which i agree is way overboard, the actual cost is at least $50 Million a day at least, which is also almost criminal.   

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »
So, if its not $200 MIllion, which i agree is way overboard, the actual cost is at least $50 Million a day at least, which is also almost criminal.   

Wrong again, do you not read or what?

The White House bluntly dismissed the cost estimate, and said that the price tag for security was similar to trips for previous presidents, without offering a specific figure.

So lets take a similar trip Clinton took to Africa adjusted for 2010 inflation:
11 day trip with 1300 people to Africa for Clinton: $5.2 million/day

Obama's India trip:
9 days x 3000 people: A very liberal estimate of about $11 million a day.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »
Wrong again, do you not read or what?

So lets take a similar trip Clinton took to Africa adjusted for 2010 inflation:
11 day trip with 1300 people to Africa for Clinton: $5.2 million/day

Obama's India trip:
9 days x 3000 people: A very liberal estimate of about $11 million a day.

Ok x 10 days  = 100 Million

Lets say $100 Million is the true figure - dont you see how people are uttlery sick of this shit at this point?

and its not only this - its the africa trip -the spain trip - the trips for a date, etc etc.   

How you libs dont get it yet is beyond me. 

After Teusday i would have thought some of you would wake up to reality, but i guess not. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2010, 11:36:48 AM »
sorry 3333, looks like you got spanked in this thread.  The right flips out and demands members of the "liberal media" get their asses canned when they don't check sources and facts before promoting them as true and some have lost their jobs over pulling shit like this.  That seems to absolutely be the case with the claims made here lol...  Glenn Glenn Glenn... lol...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2010, 11:41:09 AM »
Ok x 10 days  = 100 Million

Lets say $100 Million is the true figure - dont you see how people are uttlery sick of this shit at this point?

and its not only this - its the africa trip -the spain trip - the trips for a date, etc etc.   

How you libs dont get it yet is beyond me. 

After Teusday i would have thought some of you would wake up to reality, but i guess not. 

Well I guess you would just have him sit in the white house all day long and sign papers, talk to people on the phone, etc.  No, god forbid he actually goes out to one of the fastest developing modern countries in Asia who has been our ally and supporter about furthering not only political but economical ties.

Yes, you're right, none of that is important at all.  He's not a regular guy, you can't just stick him on a Singapore airlines and fly him coach to fucking Mumbai.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2010, 11:41:27 AM »
sorry 3333, looks like you got spanked in this thread.  The right flips out and demands members of the "liberal media" get their asses canned when they don't check sources and facts before promoting them as true and some have lost their jobs over pulling shit like this.  That seems to absolutely be the case with the claims made here lol...  Glenn Glenn Glenn... lol...

I posted the sources that everyone else used.  I posted three seperate articles.  i agree the $200 Million is too high, but WWWTTFFF  - this trip will cost at least $100 Million before all is said and done - and you far left morons act like its ok since it did not cost $2 Billion instead?   ::)  ::)

Funny considering we spent a week on palin spending 150k on clothes, but when its hundreds of millions with dear leader - its all good.  

No wonder you stupid leftists are still in the complete dark why you lost so roundly this week.  Keep it up.  Seriously -

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2010, 11:44:02 AM »
I posted the sources that everyone else used.  I posted three seperate articles.  i agree the $200 Million is too high, but WWWTTFFF  - this trip will cost at least $100 Million before all is said and done - and you far left morons act like its ok since it did not cost $2 Billion instead?   ::)  ::)

Funny considering we spent a week on palin spending 150k on clothes, but when its hundreds of millions with dear leader - its all good.  

No wonder you stupid leftists are still in the complete dark why you lost so roundly this week.  Keep it up.  Seriously -

A) I'm not a leftist or a liberal.

B) Posting links without doing 5 minutes of research is the issue at hand here.  You got all worked up and everyone else with you about something that is completely fabricated and a non issue.

C) Palin is a nobody, she's not the leader of the most powerful nation in the world.  You can't even put her and the president in the same sentence when it comes to this topic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2010, 11:44:35 AM »
Well I guess you would just have him sit in the white house all day long and sign papers, talk to people on the phone, etc.  No, god forbid he actually goes out to one of the fastest developing modern countries in Asia who has been our ally and supporter about furthering not only political but economical ties.

Yes, you're right, none of that is important at all.  He's not a regular guy, you can't just stick him on a Singapore airlines and fly him coach to fucking Mumbai.

I prefer him to actually do something good for the business community and taxpayer - no pursue quixotic crap that 90% of the people think is beyond insane like Card Check, Cap & Trade, etc.  

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2010, 11:46:11 AM »
I prefer him to actually do something good for the business community and taxpayer - no pursue quixotic crap that 90% of the people think is beyond insane like Card Check, Cap & Trade, etc.  

You just don't realize how important India is in the grand scheme of things, do you?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »

don't let the point of my post fly right over your head... oops to late :D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2010, 11:48:11 AM »
I'm far from an Obama fan, but people in congress and the media should check their sources before starting rumors like these:

Is President Obama's trip to India really going to cost $200 million a day?

That's the number making the rounds among the president's conservative critics, including potential 2012 Obama challenger Mike Huckabee and U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), as the president takes off Friday for a 10-day trip to Asia.

Huckabee made the claim to Fox News on Tuesday night (citing "reports") and in the social media sphere. "Reports say that Obama's trip to Mumbai, India tomorrow will cost taxpayers $200 million dollars a day - come to think of it, that's much less than Obama's been spending here," Huckabee wrote in a Facebook message Tuesday night (misstating the day of Obama's departure). "So maybe it's not a bad thing he's leaving."

On Wednesday, Bachmann repeated the claim on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360." "Within a day or so the president of the United States will be taking a trip over to India that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day," Bachmann told Cooper. "He's taking 2,000 people with him. He'll be renting out over 870 rooms in India. And these are five-star hotel rooms at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel. This is the kind of over-the-top spending. It's a very small example, Anderson."

The only problem: The claims appear to be wrong.

The numbers evidently originate with the Press Trust of India, whose report was linked on the Drudge Report and picked up by Fox News host Glenn Beck. The news agency also wrongly said that the White House had blocked off the entire Taj Mahal Palace hotel for Obama's visit and that the U.S. was stationing 34 warships—roughly 10 percent of the naval fleet--off the coast of Mumbai for security reasons.

The agency attributed the $200 million figure to an anonymous Indian government official. It didn't attribute the warships claim to any source.

Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell called the warship claim "absolutely absurd." "That's just comical," he said at Thursday's Pentagon news briefing.  "Nothing close to that is being done."

The White House, meanwhile, issued a blanket statement that the $200 million figure "had no basis in reality" and was "wildly inflated." The press office declined to disclose the trip's actual cost, citing "security concerns."

In a news briefing Thursday, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs also refused to release numbers, but he told reporters point-blank, "We are not spending $200 million a day."

The nonpartisan FactCheck.org took up the issue, too, saying that even though the administration won't release a price tag, there is "simply no evidence to support" a claim of $200 million a day. One reason to doubt the report, according to the group:  The entire war in Afghanistan costs $190 million a day.

That is not to say that some of the precautions  for Obama's first presidential visit to India aren't possibly a tad over the top. As the BBC reports, Indian officials have been removing coconuts from any trees that Obama might walk under, to prevent anything from falling on the presidential head. And as London's Daily Telegraph notes, the country has deployed trained monkey catchers to prevent any "simian invasion" (a measure that Indian officials also took when President Bush visited  in 2006).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101105/el_yblog_upshot/citing-shady-numbers-republicans-take-aim-at-the-cost-of-obamas-trip-to-india

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2010, 11:48:35 AM »
A) I'm not a leftist or a liberal.

B) Posting links without doing 5 minutes of research is the issue at hand here.  You got all worked up and everyone else with you about something that is completely fabricated and a non issue.

C) Palin is a nobody, she's not the leader of the most powerful nation in the world.  You can't even put her and the president in the same sentence when it comes to this topic.

::)  

Palin only helped wrestle away the house of reps from that communist bitch pelosi, get rand, toomey, rubio, johnson, and many house members elected.  

I'm seriously wondering if you libs are actually living on the same planet as everyone else.    She got 30-43 people elected and the GOP picked up between 61-65 house seats and 19 state legisltatures and you are still trashing her?  hah aha h -

Obama got sestak to lose, ohio, pa, and va to go back to the GOP, etc etc.  Over 50% of the nation hates his agenda and the best you can do is trash her?   ha ha ha ha.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2010, 11:53:11 AM »
Is President Obama's trip to India really going to cost $200 million a day?

That's the number making the rounds among the president's conservative critics, including potential 2012 Obama challenger Mike Huckabee and U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), as the president takes off Friday for a 10-day trip to Asia.

Huckabee made the claim to Fox News on Tuesday night (citing "reports") and in the social media sphere. "Reports say that Obama's trip to Mumbai, India tomorrow will cost taxpayers $200 million dollars a day - come to think of it, that's much less than Obama's been spending here," Huckabee wrote in a Facebook message Tuesday night (misstating the day of Obama's departure). "So maybe it's not a bad thing he's leaving."

On Wednesday, Bachmann repeated the claim on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360." "Within a day or so the president of the United States will be taking a trip over to India that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day," Bachmann told Cooper. "He's taking 2,000 people with him. He'll be renting out over 870 rooms in India. And these are five-star hotel rooms at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel. This is the kind of over-the-top spending. It's a very small example, Anderson."

The only problem: The claims appear to be wrong.

The numbers evidently originate with the Press Trust of India, whose report was linked on the Drudge Report and picked up by Fox News host Glenn Beck. The news agency also wrongly said that the White House had blocked off the entire Taj Mahal Palace hotel for Obama's visit and that the U.S. was stationing 34 warships—roughly 10 percent of the naval fleet--off the coast of Mumbai for security reasons.

The agency attributed the $200 million figure to an anonymous Indian government official. It didn't attribute the warships claim to any source.

Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell called the warship claim "absolutely absurd." "That's just comical," he said at Thursday's Pentagon news briefing.  "Nothing close to that is being done."

The White House, meanwhile, issued a blanket statement that the $200 million figure "had no basis in reality" and was "wildly inflated." The press office declined to disclose the trip's actual cost, citing "security concerns."

In a news briefing Thursday, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs also refused to release numbers, but he told reporters point-blank, "We are not spending $200 million a day."

The nonpartisan FactCheck.org took up the issue, too, saying that even though the administration won't release a price tag, there is "simply no evidence to support" a claim of $200 million a day. One reason to doubt the report, according to the group:  The entire war in Afghanistan costs $190 million a day.

That is not to say that some of the precautions  for Obama's first presidential visit to India aren't possibly a tad over the top. As the BBC reports, Indian officials have been removing coconuts from any trees that Obama might walk under, to prevent anything from falling on the presidential head. And as London's Daily Telegraph notes, the country has deployed trained monkey catchers to prevent any "simian invasion" (a measure that Indian officials also took when President Bush visited  in 2006).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101105/el_yblog_upshot/citing-shady-numbers-republicans-take-aim-at-the-cost-of-obamas-trip-to-india

The problem is that when Gibbs was asked point blank what this was going to cost - he punted and would not answer. 

So on the low side - its $100,000,000.00 but on the high side - we dont even know. 

So yeah - lets cheer this you morons - cant wait till 2012 - the "progressive" and "liberal" cause is completely finished.  Keep cheering on the thief.  QE2 anyone?   

suckers.   

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »
::)  

Palin only helped wrestle away the house of reps from that communist bitch pelosi, get rand, toomey, rubio, johnson, and many house members elected.  

I'm seriously wondering if you libs are actually living on the same planet as everyone else.    She got 30-43 people elected and the GOP picked up between 61-65 house seats and 19 state legisltatures and you are still trashing her?  hah aha h -

Obama got sestak to lose, ohio, pa, and va to go back to the GOP, etc etc.  Over 50% of the nation hates his agenda and the best you can do is trash her?   ha ha ha ha.  

What does any of that have to do with this topic?  Oh right, you are trying to change the subject.  Oops, almost had me  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »
What does any of that have to do with this topic?  Oh right, you are trying to change the subject.  Oops, almost had me  ::)

You said she was powerless.   ::)  ::)

Keep thinking that genius.    2012 is going to be another rude awakening for the far left. 

As for this story story - so lets say the 10 day trip costs $100,000,000.00 - is it worth it just so Obama can get a photo op in a museum all while he promotes outsourcing of all our jobs to SE Asia?

And please test me on this - go ahead - 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2010, 12:09:50 PM »
You said she was powerless.   ::)  ::)

Keep thinking that genius.    2012 is going to be another rude awakening for the far left. 

As for this story story - so lets say the 10 day trip costs $100,000,000.00 - is it worth it just so Obama can get a photo op in a museum all while he promotes outsourcing of all our jobs to SE Asia?

And please test me on this - go ahead - 

I said compared to the president of the most powerful nation in the world, she's a nobody.  Which in relation to this topic of international travel, is true.  You start bringing up a bunch of other shit that has no relevance to this thread whatsoever in a poor attempt of glazing over the fact that I just proved your entire thread and your foot stomping to be irrelevant and baseless.

If you think this trip is just about a photo op then you truly are clueless.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2010, 12:12:17 PM »
I said compared to the president of the most powerful nation in the world, she's a nobody.  Which in relation to this topic of international travel, is true.  You start bringing up a bunch of other shit that has no relevance to this thread whatsoever in a poor attempt of glazing over the fact that I just proved your entire thread and your foot stomping to be irrelevant and baseless.

If you think this trip is just about a photo op then you truly are clueless.

I think it is about him begging India to buy our bonds because the Chinese are not going to do so much longer to keep funding our insane deficits and spending spree. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2010, 12:27:27 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2010, 01:13:57 PM »
336, Emmortal or anyone.

Where do you get this 3 000 staff number from?

As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2010, 01:18:53 PM »
336, Emmortal or anyone.

Where do you get this 3 000 staff number from?

The articles I posted.   plus, when they asked the WH about this, they only disputed the 34 Warship claim, nothing else. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2010, 01:29:12 PM »
india emailed him and rush told him so ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »
india emailed him and rush told him so ;D

no, the three articles I posted told me so, and other than the base denials from Gibbs, they have not dissproved anything.