Author Topic: Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?  (Read 67359 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Michelle Obama - "Modern Day Marie Antoinette"
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »
.Is Michelle Planning Some Pricey Shopping in Williamsburg?
by Keith Koffler on April 8, 2011, 1:17 pm

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/04/08/michelle-planning-pricey-shopping-williamsburg

It appears the Obamas may be headed down to Colonial Williamsburg this weekend for more than a history lesson. Mrs. Obama, it seems, wants something much more up to date.

According to the Daily Press, which covers southeastern Virginia, the first lady has shopping on the brain. And we’re not talking about the Williamsburg Walmart. Rather, Mrs. Obama has been quietly investigating from afar the wares at Binns of Williamsburg, an upscale shop for uptown gals who want to look fabulous.

From the store’s website:

Welcome to Binns, the most exclusive fashion store in Williamsburg’s Historic Triangle. We travel the world to bring the latest, most distinctive fashions to our select clientele.

Binns is more than a store, it is a lifestyle.

Indeed, Mrs. Obama has been looking into the lifestyle, ordering catalogues and dispatching envoys to the store itself to see what’s good for the gettin’. Perhaps the first lady can also pick up another $1,000 handbag when she’s there.

The Daily Press writes:

According to Tom Smith, assistant CEO of Binns of Williamsburg, the First Lady has expressed interest in his store in the past.

“We have been contacted by different assistants of the family,” he says.

Representatives have visited the store in the past, and Smith knows that Michelle has brochures from his store. He also has sent some accessories to the White House for her consideration.

“Our gown department is a big area that she would probably end up looking at,” he says.

Well, now we know better what the White House means by a “long planned” vacation that the Obamas might be loath to cancel.

If there is a government shutdown, the president will almost certainly have to stay at the White House. But Michelle has shown in the past she doesn’t mind traveling without him.

If the White House communications team allows her to be seen browsing the bins at Binns while government workers are getting furloughed, they need to be impeached on charges of PR malpractice.

Thanks to Nelly, one of our readers, who alerted me to this and who also noted that Mrs. Obama probably is seeking some stunning new items for her trip to Europe next month!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »
.Is Michelle Planning Some Pricey Shopping in Williamsburg?
by Keith Koffler on April 8, 2011, 1:17 pm

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/04/08/michelle-planning-pricey-shopping-williamsburg

It appears the Obamas may be headed down to Colonial Williamsburg this weekend for more than a history lesson. Mrs. Obama, it seems, wants something much more up to date.

According to the Daily Press, which covers southeastern Virginia, the first lady has shopping on the brain. And we’re not talking about the Williamsburg Walmart. Rather, Mrs. Obama has been quietly investigating from afar the wares at Binns of Williamsburg, an upscale shop for uptown gals who want to look fabulous.

From the store’s website:

Welcome to Binns, the most exclusive fashion store in Williamsburg’s Historic Triangle. We travel the world to bring the latest, most distinctive fashions to our select clientele.

Binns is more than a store, it is a lifestyle.

Indeed, Mrs. Obama has been looking into the lifestyle, ordering catalogues and dispatching envoys to the store itself to see what’s good for the gettin’. Perhaps the first lady can also pick up another $1,000 handbag when she’s there.

The Daily Press writes:

According to Tom Smith, assistant CEO of Binns of Williamsburg, the First Lady has expressed interest in his store in the past.

“We have been contacted by different assistants of the family,” he says.

Representatives have visited the store in the past, and Smith knows that Michelle has brochures from his store. He also has sent some accessories to the White House for her consideration.

“Our gown department is a big area that she would probably end up looking at,” he says.

Well, now we know better what the White House means by a “long planned” vacation that the Obamas might be loath to cancel.

If there is a government shutdown, the president will almost certainly have to stay at the White House. But Michelle has shown in the past she doesn’t mind traveling without him.

If the White House communications team allows her to be seen browsing the bins at Binns while government workers are getting furloughed, they need to be impeached on charges of PR malpractice.

Thanks to Nelly, one of our readers, who alerted me to this and who also noted that Mrs. Obama probably is seeking some stunning new items for her trip to Europe next month!

were going to change your name to gossup queen, that's what your post have come to ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
Ha ha ha ha - at last i'm consistent.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »
Report: White House asked small California paper to remove negative remarks about First Lady
Hot Air ^ | 5/3/11 | Allahpundit
Posted on May 3, 2011 5:40:41 PM EDT by Nachum

C’mon, no one’s this sensitive to bad press.

Well, almost no one.

In an email to The Daily Caller, Gina Channell-Allen, president of the Pleasanton Weekly in Pleasanton, California, said that her paper “received a call from the White House asking us to take out part of the story because it reflected poorly on the First Lady.”

The story in question was a soft feature about Marine One titled, “Inside Marine One, President Obama’s helicopter,” that ran in the paper on April 20. Pleasanton staffer Amory Gutierrez “didn’t get to ride in ‘Marine One,’” she wrote in her story, “but I did get the VIP tour and took photographs of the otherwise unseen aircraft.”

She also wrote a sentence that the White House thought made FLOTUS look snooty.

“Basically the reporter said that the First Lady didn’t speak to the pilots but acknowledged them by making eye contact,” Allen wrote in her email.

The weirdest part of this, of course, is that the WH ended up increasing the odds that the story would get picked up by bigger media when it decided to contact the publisher to complain. She was probably shocked to find that someone so high up was paying attention to a small paper 3,000 miles away and was itching to tell someone about it. And in fact, according to Daily Caller reporter Mike Riggs, she volunteered the info to the DC after reading their story about the latest White House tantrum over its press coverage.

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »
Stand Clear of Michelle and a Tamale, President Says About Wife
ABC News ^ | May 5, 2011 | Tahman Bradley

President and Mrs. Obama welcomed a big crowd to the White House for a Cinco de Mayo reception in the East Room. Hispanic politicians, Hispanic Americans serving in the Obama administration, and members of a commission on exploring the creating of a new national museum of the American Latino were among those in attendance.

"Welcome to the Cinco de Mayo at the White House," Obama told the enthusiastic crowd before promising he wouldn’t speak too long.

"Nothing ruins a good fiesta like a long speech from a politician, so I’m going to keep it short."

The first lady agreed that the president should be brief, "Keep it short," she said. The first lady wore a dark green dress that matched President Obama’s green tie.

The president called Cinco de Mayo a chance to commemorate the shared heritage between Mexicans and Americans. "It’s a day for remembering that America is a richer, stronger, more vibrant place thanks to the contributions of Mexican Americans to the life of this nation."

The crowd learned a little tidbit about the first lady, courtesy of her husband.

Said Obama: "I asked Michelle the other day, I said, ‘What’s your favorite food’ -- because we were sitting around with the girls. She said, ‘Ah, Mexican food.’"

The crowd loved the news.

"You do not want to be between Michelle and a tamale," joked the president.....

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.abcnews.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2011, 05:17:03 PM »
Report: White House asked small California paper to remove negative remarks about First Lady
Hot Air ^ | 5/3/11 | Allahpundit
Posted on May 3, 2011 5:40:41 PM EDT by Nachum

C’mon, no one’s this sensitive to bad press.

Well, almost no one.

In an email to The Daily Caller, Gina Channell-Allen, president of the Pleasanton Weekly in Pleasanton, California, said that her paper “received a call from the White House asking us to take out part of the story because it reflected poorly on the First Lady.”

The story in question was a soft feature about Marine One titled, “Inside Marine One, President Obama’s helicopter,” that ran in the paper on April 20. Pleasanton staffer Amory Gutierrez “didn’t get to ride in ‘Marine One,’” she wrote in her story, “but I did get the VIP tour and took photographs of the otherwise unseen aircraft.”

She also wrote a sentence that the White House thought made FLOTUS look snooty.

“Basically the reporter said that the First Lady didn’t speak to the pilots but acknowledged them by making eye contact,” Allen wrote in her email.

The weirdest part of this, of course, is that the WH ended up increasing the odds that the story would get picked up by bigger media when it decided to contact the publisher to complain. She was probably shocked to find that someone so high up was paying attention to a small paper 3,000 miles away and was itching to tell someone about it. And in fact, according to Daily Caller reporter Mike Riggs, she volunteered the info to the DC after reading their story about the latest White House tantrum over its press coverage.

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

Dang.   :-\  Trying to manipulate media coverage.  I'd say a small paper getting a call from the White House with a "request" is pretty intimidating.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2011, 02:47:57 PM »
‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading
12:48 PM 05/09/2011  ADVERTISEMENT Here’s an opportunity to relive your high-school poetry classes.

________________________ ________________________ _____________________-

First Lady Michelle Obama has scheduled a poetry evening for Wednesday, and she’s invited several poets, including a successful Chicago poet and rapper, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr., AKA “Common.” However, Lynn is quite controversial, in part because his poetry includes threats to shoot police and at least one passage calling for the “burn[ing]” of then-President George W. Bush.

Back in 2003, First Lady Laura Bush held a poetry evening, and she invited several poets to reprise the work of Emily Dickinson, Langston Hughes and Walt Whitman. Although none of those poets had urged violence against a president, Bush canceled the event after left-of-center poets protested and threatened to disrupt the event.

Here’s a sample of Dickinson’s work that could have been presented at Bush’s event:

I’m nobody! Who are you?

I’m nobody! Who are you?

Are you nobody, too?

Then there’s a pair of us — don’t tell!

They’d banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!

How public, like a frog

To tell your name the livelong day

To an admiring bog!

Here’s a sample of Common’s work, transcribed from a 2007 video with 837,613 viewers on YouTube. Students, please compare and contrast the two poems. You’ll get extra credit for counting the death threats. There is no extra credit for identifying spelling errors. By the way, ‘Uzi’ is slang for a compact machine gun:

A Letter to the Law

Dem boy wanna talk… [indistinguishable]

Whatcha gon do if ya got one gun?

I sing a song for the hero unsung

with faces on the mural of the revolution

No looking back cos’ in back is what’s done

Tell the preacher, god got more than one son

Tell the law, my Uzi weighs a ton

I walk like a warrior,

from them I won’t run

On the streets, they try to beat us like a drum

In Cincinnati, another brother hung

A guinea won’t see the sun

with his family stung

They want us to hold justice

but you handed me none

The same they did to Kobe and Michael Jackson

make them the main attraction

Turn around and attack them

Black gem in the rough

You’re rugged enough

Use your mind and nine-power, get the government touch

Them boys chat-chat on how him pop gun

I got the black strap to make the cops run

They watching me, I’m watching them

Them dick boys got a lock of cock in them

My people on the block got a lot of pok* in them

and when we roll together

we be rocking them to sleep

No time for that, because there’s things to be done

Stay true to what I do so the youth dream come

from project building

Seeing a fiend being hung

With that happening, why they messing with Saddam?

Burn a Bush cos’ for peace he no push no button

Killing over oil and grease

no weapons of destruction

How can we follow a leader when this a corrupt one

The government’s a g-unit and they might buck young black people

Black people In the urban area one

I hold up a peace sign, but I carry a gun.

Peace, ya’ll.”

The First Lady’s office did not return a call from TheDC.

*Commenter notes this may be “Pac,” as in Tupac Shakur

See the video:

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/09/burn-a-bush-michelle-obama-invites-rapper-common-to-a-poetry-reading

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »
Those poor cadets and their familes.   Damn.  imagine on that special day you have to listen to this pig? 

Gone are the days of Patton, IKE, McArthur, Pershing, et al, now we have this.   

________________________ ________________________ -

Duty, Honor, Country ... Family
First lady speaks at West Point
By POLITICO STAFF | 05/20/11 8:55 PM Updated: 05/20/11 11:42 PM

'Our force is a force of families,' the first lady told West Point graduates. AP Photo

Close Michelle Obama spoke Friday night at West Point’s graduation banquet, her first trip the military academy. The first lady spoke at length about the importance of family – particularly the nation’s responsibility to not overlook the families of service members and her work with Jill Biden to support military families.

From the prepared remarks distributed by the White House:

… [N]o matter where your career takes you, your families will be there right alongside you.

Because our force is a force of families.

That’s become more clear even in just a generation. During Vietnam, most of our troops were young single men. And most of those who were married had spouses who stayed at home. But today, more than half of our servicemembers are married, forty percent have two or more kids, and most military spouses are employed outside the home.

That’s what today’s military families look like. They’re military spouses who pursue a career, raise their kids alone, and still find time for night school. They’re children who move from town to town, constantly adjusting to new schools and making new friends. They’re Blue Star moms who wake up every morning and pray and pray that their child comes home safely. They’re Gold Star families who honor the memory of their loved ones while channeling their strength into serving others.

And graduates, here’s why your role is so important. Soon, you’ll be serving not just for yourselves, and not just for your own families, but for these families, too. You’ll be helping your troops deal with the joy of a newborn and the disappointment of not being in the delivery room. You’ll be helping a Soldier cope with a family emergency halfway around the world. And you’ll see again and again that those family relationships are just as important to a soldier’s success as anything that you can provide them in the field.

And just as our troops need your leadership and support, their families do as well, because they sacrifice and serve this nation right alongside anyone who wears our uniform.

But America doesn’t always see that. They can thank our troops in airports or at the grocery store because they’re wearing fatigues. But military families don’t wear any kind of uniform. They just blend in.

And because only one percent of our country serves in the Armed Forces, a lot of Americans simply don’t know many – or any – military families. They aren’t familiar with the resilience it takes to get through a long deployment. They don’t know the courage it takes simply to turn on the evening news. They don’t fully realize the strength you need to move your family for the fourth or fifth or sixth time in a decade.

But even though people may not always know exactly what you’re going through or exactly how to help, I can assure you that they do want to help.

Admiral Mullen, who will be speaking to you tomorrow, calls it the Sea of Goodwill. And believe me, I’ve seen it with my own eyes all across the country.

I’m working with Dr. Jill Biden to channel that Sea of Goodwill through an effort we are calling Joining Forces. This is a nationwide campaign calling on all Americans to recognize, honor, and support our military families – not just with words, but with deeds.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »
Those poor cadets and their familes.   Damn.  imagine on that special day you have to listen to this pig? 

Gone are the days of Patton, IKE, McArthur, Pershing, et al, now we have this.   

________________________ ________________________ -

Duty, Honor, Country ... Family
First lady speaks at West Point
By POLITICO STAFF | 05/20/11 8:55 PM Updated: 05/20/11 11:42 PM

'Our force is a force of families,' the first lady told West Point graduates. AP Photo

Close Michelle Obama spoke Friday night at West Point’s graduation banquet, her first trip the military academy. The first lady spoke at length about the importance of family – particularly the nation’s responsibility to not overlook the families of service members and her work with Jill Biden to support military families.

From the prepared remarks distributed by the White House:

… [N]o matter where your career takes you, your families will be there right alongside you.

Because our force is a force of families.

That’s become more clear even in just a generation. During Vietnam, most of our troops were young single men. And most of those who were married had spouses who stayed at home. But today, more than half of our servicemembers are married, forty percent have two or more kids, and most military spouses are employed outside the home.

That’s what today’s military families look like. They’re military spouses who pursue a career, raise their kids alone, and still find time for night school. They’re children who move from town to town, constantly adjusting to new schools and making new friends. They’re Blue Star moms who wake up every morning and pray and pray that their child comes home safely. They’re Gold Star families who honor the memory of their loved ones while channeling their strength into serving others.

And graduates, here’s why your role is so important. Soon, you’ll be serving not just for yourselves, and not just for your own families, but for these families, too. You’ll be helping your troops deal with the joy of a newborn and the disappointment of not being in the delivery room. You’ll be helping a Soldier cope with a family emergency halfway around the world. And you’ll see again and again that those family relationships are just as important to a soldier’s success as anything that you can provide them in the field.

And just as our troops need your leadership and support, their families do as well, because they sacrifice and serve this nation right alongside anyone who wears our uniform.

But America doesn’t always see that. They can thank our troops in airports or at the grocery store because they’re wearing fatigues. But military families don’t wear any kind of uniform. They just blend in.

And because only one percent of our country serves in the Armed Forces, a lot of Americans simply don’t know many – or any – military families. They aren’t familiar with the resilience it takes to get through a long deployment. They don’t know the courage it takes simply to turn on the evening news. They don’t fully realize the strength you need to move your family for the fourth or fifth or sixth time in a decade.

But even though people may not always know exactly what you’re going through or exactly how to help, I can assure you that they do want to help.

Admiral Mullen, who will be speaking to you tomorrow, calls it the Sea of Goodwill. And believe me, I’ve seen it with my own eyes all across the country.

I’m working with Dr. Jill Biden to channel that Sea of Goodwill through an effort we are calling Joining Forces. This is a nationwide campaign calling on all Americans to recognize, honor, and support our military families – not just with words, but with deeds.

I'm not a fan, but that's a good speech.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2011, 06:15:55 PM »
I'm sure you loved the part about family " no matter how it is defined".  Ha ha ha. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2011, 06:18:44 PM »
I wonder if she was "proud of her country" when she went to west point.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »
I'm sure you loved the part about family " no matter how it is defined".  Ha ha ha. 

I'm o.k. with that.  Plenty of single parents in the military. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
I don't think she was referring to that.  Ha ha lmao. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »
I don't think she was referring to that.  Ha ha lmao. 

Probably not, but with the repeal of DADT, her big tent approach is pretty accurate. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »
Spotlight takes toll on first lady's staff [Michelle Obama is on her third chief of staff and....]
Politico ^

Posted on Friday, May 27, 2011

Spotlight takes toll on first lady's staff By: Julie Mason and Amie Parnes May 27, 2011 11:17 AM EDT

Less than three years into the job, first lady Michelle Obama is on her third chief of staff and third social secretary. She is on her second communications director, the White House chief usher recently departed, and her press secretary’s last day is Friday.

The turnover, greater than under recent first ladies, underscores the pressure and high expectations of working in an operation known for its polish and discipline. A crucial political asset to her husband and his administration, Michelle Obama has enjoyed consistently high job approval ratings because of charm, activism — and by avoiding mistakes and controversy.

“She is, if possible, under more scrutiny than even other modern first ladies, being the first African-American first lady,” said Katherine Jellison, a history professor at Ohio University who specializes in first ladies. “She also represents a new generation, really the first post-boomer generation of first lady.”

Sources familiar with the East Wing, who asked not to be named discussing internal dynamics, described the first lady’s office as a challenging workplace, where grueling hours and the expectations of a formidable boss intensify the demands of managing a popular first lady’s schedule, image and agenda.

“The first lady is a lovely woman, but she’s tough as nails, and that can be hard for some people,” said a source familiar with the office. “She has really high expectations.”

The first lady’s office declined to comment for this story.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ____-

She's probably the most miserable nasty bitch to work for you can't imagine.   Imagine the amount of outfits they have to put on her try to disguise that hideous mess she is?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2011, 05:09:50 AM »
Skip to comments.

.AP Source: Michelle Obama to visit Africa
AP ^ | 6/3/2011 | Darlene Superville
Posted on June 4, 2011 8:05:20 AM EDT by IbJensen

WASHINGTON (AP) - A White House official says Michelle Obama is heading to Africa on an official visit later this month, stopping in South Africa and Botswana where she'll continue her efforts to encourage young people to get involved in their societies.

The first lady also will visit Johannesburg and Cape Town in South Africa and Gaborone, Botswana during the June 21-26 trip.

The official said Mrs. Obama's visit will highlight the important stake the U.S. has in the success of Africa's many nations, as well as the historic connections between the American people and those who live on the African continent. President Barack Obama's late father was Kenyan.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

Spreading the wealth.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »
CBS News Reporter Criticizes Michelle Obama for Wearing $7,000 Designer Gown in 'Poor Economy'
Tuesday, June 7, 2011 | Kristinn
Posted on June 7, 2011 10:27:05 PM EDT by kristinn

On the day a poll showed Barack Obama owning the failing economic recovery, a CBS News Washington Bureau reporter questioned Michelle Obama's judgment in wearing a $7,000 gown at tonight's state dinner for German Chancellor Angela Merkel, noting that other guests "dressed more modestly."

Writing on Twitter, CBS News reporter Christine Delargy said:

Gowns by Michelle designer Naeem Khan retail avg of $7,000. Good, bad image for Obama in poor economy? Most din guests dressed more modestly 30 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

In a previous Tweet, Delargy noted her fashion expertise:

Michelle in Naeem Khan tonight. Wore same designer @ 1st state din for Indian PM. @markknoller has record of everything else. I have fashion about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

AP photos of dress here.

Freaking Grifter.    I'll bet we paid for that too.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2011, 11:07:23 AM »
Michelle Obama to Hold Four Calif. Fundraisers
by Keith Koffler on June 13, 2011, 12:11 pm

________________________ ________________________ ______

It’s a common and questionable practice pursued by recent presidents, Republican and Democratic: Fly somewhere to raise money, throw in an official event, and have the taxpayers pick up the dime for some of the travel since a portion of the work is government business.

Now, it appears, the first lady is and will be and active participant in this seedy practice, at an extra cost to taxpayers.

Mrs. Obama will be in California today and tomorrow, visiting Los Angeles, Pasadena, Oakland and San Francisco. She will hold two official “first lady” events and be the star attraction at FOUR fundraisers.

Whether she would have attended the official events if she wasn’t going to troll for money is anyone’s guess. But what seems likely is the cost of flying Michelle out to the West Coast so she can soak the legions of wealthy Californian Democrats for cash is being mitigated by having the official appearances on the schedule.

The first lady’s office did not respond to a request for information about whether and how much of the trip will be paid for by the government. But with official events scheduled, it’s very safe to assume that a chunk – perhaps most –  of the first lady’s travel aboard a specially equipped air force plane along with her security detail and entourage will be paid for by taxpayers.

Mrs. Obama today will hold a fundraising luncheon in Pasadena and a dinner in Los Angeles. Tomorrow, cash will pass hands at a breakfast in Oakland and a lunch in San Francisco.

TV crews will be BARRED from the fundraising events, which will instead be covered by a limited “pool” of print reporters.

TV crews will be permitted, however, into Mrs. Obama’s first official event today at 10:00 am PDT, an appearance with Hollywood types to promote her “Joining Forces” initiative to support military families. At 3:00 pm, she will tape an appearance on the iCarly children’s show, again to promote Joining Forces.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/06/13/michelle-obama-hold-california-fundraisers

________________________ ________________________ _

Pissing away tax dollars like no tommorow.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2011, 09:49:04 AM »
Cash for Michelle’s Mash-notes
Daily Caller ^ | 6-17-11 | Neil Munro

First Lady Michelle Obama is back on the fund-raising circuit and she’s painting a very flattering picture of her hubby.

“See, what you all need to know about the President you helped to elect is that when it comes to the people he meets, Barack has a memory like a steel trap,” she told her eager audience at a sold-out breakfast fund-raiser at the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, Calif., on June 14.

“He has a gift in that way, able to retain information, know more than those who are briefing him, asking critical questions, because all of those wins and losses are not wins and losses for him [but] they are wins and losses for the folks whose stories he carries with him, the folks that he worries about and prays about before he goes to bed at night,” she said, according to a White House transcript of the speech.

She stuck to the script at her lunchtime fundraiser in the tony Julia Morgan ballroom in San Francisco. “Your President is a special person, because when it comes to the people he meets, Barack has a memory like a steel trap,” she repeated. “That is where Barack gets his passion… that’s why he works so hard every day, first thing in the morning, late into the night …reading every word, making notes and writing questions, and being better prepared than the people briefing him, because all those wins and losses are not wins and losses [just] for him.”

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

________________________ ________________

::)  ::)

She just wants her gravy train of lobsters, wine, caviar, kobe beef, etc to continue.

What a fat mess she is. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2011, 06:51:11 AM »
Michelle Obama Says President Is 'Pouty' He's Not in South Africa
ABC News ^ | June 21, 2011

________________________ ________________________ ___________

First lady Michelle Obama visited Nelson Mandela on the first day of her trip to South Africa today and told one greeter that her husband was "pouty" that he couldn't come along.

The first lady's weeklong trip to South Africa and Botswana began with a meeting with one of the three wives of South African President Jacob Zuma. During her stop at the president's official residence in Pretoria she was greeted by Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma.

Nic Dawes, the editor of South Africa's Mail and Guardian newspaper, tweeted that he shook the first lady's hand and wrote: "Michelle Obama certainly convinced the dignitaries she is excited to be here, and said her husband is 'pouty' that he isn't."

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2011, 07:57:40 AM »
Michelle, Mom, Kids Africa Trip Costing Taxpayers $171,000 At Least for Air Travel Alone
CNSNews ^

________________________ _____________________

Michelle, Mom, Kids Africa Trip Costing Taxpayers $171,000 At Least for Air Travel Alone Tuesday, June 21, 2011 By James Zilenziger

(CNSNews.com) - The White House isn’t saying how much of a tab the taxpayers will need to pick up for the week-long trip that First Lady Michelle Obama, her two children, her mother, a niece and a nephew are taking to South Africa and Botswana.

But according to Congressional Research Service estimates, the flights alone will cost taxpayers more than $171,000--almost as much as the $174,000 annual salaries paid to rank-and-file members of the U.S. House of Representatives.

The first lady--joined by daughters Malia and Sasha, Marian Robinson, and niece and nephew Leslie and Avery Robinson--is going to Africa to “improve relations between the U.S. and Africa and promote youth engagement, education, health and wellness,” according to the White House.

When CNSNews.com asked the first lady’s press office how much, on a daily basis, her trip to Africa will cost U.S. taxpayers her press secretary did not offer a response.

The White House did tell the Associated Press that all costs regarding Mrs. Obama’s family members are to be paid privately. However, because Mrs. Obama's trip will be considered official travel until her family heads off for “private time, including a safari and an overnight stay in the animal park” on Saturday, the taxpayers will be footing the bill for the first lady up to that point.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

________________________ ___________________

Probably getting in all her taxpayers financed travel now since after 2012 it will be on her own dime.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2011, 12:37:20 PM »
Michelle Obama Snubbed in Africa, But Looking Forward to Private Safari
FoxNation.com ^ | June 21 | Staff

South Africa President Jacob Zuma has snubbed the visiting Michelle Obama by sending his prisons minister to meet the first lady at the airport and failing to see her during her three-day stay...

(Excerpt) Read more at nation.foxnews.com ...

________________________ _____________________

LMAO - shuld have locked that fat nasty bitch up and put her on a work farm. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2011, 06:59:53 PM »
Michelle Obama: 'I can't stop eating French fries. But eat your vegetables.'
washington examiner ^
Posted on June 23, 2011 6:06:01 PM EDT by traumer

During her visit to South Africa, First Lady Michelle Obama stopped by the University of Cape Town for an event with young people. She told the audience how she came from modest circumstances and was able to attend top schools and build a career at a big law firm, saying they too can achieve their dreams if they try hard enough. After her speech, she was asked a series of soft questions like, "What advice can you give the youth today?" But at the end of the session, one young person in the audience asked Mrs. Obama, who has devoted much of her time in the White House to promoting nutrition and healthy eating, what her favorite foods are.

"My favorite?" Obama said. "Oh, this is a tough one. "It is tough, you know, because if I say something not healthy, people will be, like, you aren't really committed to health. If I say something healthy, you know -- I do -- honestly, I like all kinds of foods."

Obama mentioned Indian food, and then Mexican food, and then said: "No, if I picked one favorite, favorite food, it's French fries." The audience began to laugh. "Okay? It's French fries," Obama continued. "I can't stop eating them." As the students laughed more, the First Lady quickly returned to her role as advocate of health eating. "But eat your vegetables," she said, to still more laughs. "And exercise."

No wonder this fat mess still looks like a prego hippopotamus on roids. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »
CAMPAIGN 2012, POLITICS, PRESIDENT OBAMA
First lady describes toll of job on husband
E-mail| Print | Comments (117) June 30, 2011 4:25 PM
By Glen Johnson, Globe Staff

First lady Michelle Obama today spoke in very frank and personal terms to a Massachusetts audience as she described her conversion to a political wife, as well as the toll President Obama’s job takes on him each day.

“I see the worry creasing his face. I hear the passion and determination in his voice. ‘You won’t believe what these folks are going through;’ he told me that last night. ‘Michelle, it is not right. We’ve got to fix this. We have to do more,’” she said during a visit to Boston for a fund-raiser on behalf of the Democratic National Committee.

“Barack always reminds me that we are playing a long game,” she added, replicating her husband’s call for patience amid the country’s slow emergence from a recession. “He reminds me, as I said to you, too, that change is slow. He reminds me that change doesn’t happen all at once, but that if we keep showing up, if we keep fighting the good fight, doing what we know is right, then eventually we will get there, because the truth is we always have in this country. We always have.”

Like her husband did a day earlier during a White House news conference, the first lady evoked the image of their two daughters, Malia and Sasha, as she tried to stir Democratic supporters.

“The truth is that no matter what happens, my girls will be OK. My girls will have plenty of advantages and opportunities in their lives. And that’s probably true for many of your kids as well,” she told a largely female audience of about 125 people gathered at the Chestnut Hill home of philanthropists and Democratic activists Elaine and Gerald Schuster.

“But I think that the last four years have shown us the truth of what Barack has always said: That if any child in this country is left behind, then that matters to all of us, even if she’s not our daughter, and even if he’s not our son. If any family in this country struggles, then we cannot be fully content with our own family’s good fortune, because that is not what we do in this country,” she said.

In opening her remarks, Mrs. Obama also described how campaigning in 2008 helped her overcome her initial fears about her husband running for president.

“I was proud of the work that he was doing in the Senate. And I thought that he would make a phenomenal president. That wasn’t the issue,” she said. “But, like a lot of folks, I still had some cynicism about politics. And with two young daughters at home, I was worried about the toll that a presidential campaign would take on our family.

“So it took some convincing on Barack’s part. And by ‘some,’ I mean a lot; he’s still paying back,” she said.

The first lady said she warmed to the decision as she began campaigning on front stoops and in back yards in Iowa and New Hampshire.

“It’s about meeting people one-on-one, hearing what’s going on in their lives,” she said.

Among those in the audience were Governor Deval Patrick, Massachusetts first lady Diane Patrick, Attorney General Martha Coakley, and former Boston TV anchor Liz Walker.

After leaving Boston, Mrs. Obama flew to Burlington, Vt., for two more fund-raisers.

The Boston event was expected to raise over $600,000 for the DNC, which her husband controls and is tasked with helping him win re-election. The Vermont events were expected to raise a similar sum for the committee.

Today marked the final day of fund-raising for the second quarter. Figures from all the presidential are due to be released in two weeks, which should give a gauge on not only their financial strength, but political standing.

The Schusters’ event was planned by Bryan Rafanelli, who also planned two state dinners for the Obamas, as well as the reciprocal dinner they hosted recently in London for Queen Elizabeth II.

It was held outside, under a tent erected against a backdrop of rhododendrons.

The white tent and white fabric draping the poles was enhanced by brilliant, lime-green patterned tablecloths with white leaf-like designs.

The flowers were by Winstons: peonies, hydrangeas and orchids.

The menu, by The Catered Affair, consisted of a crab stack; avocado, tomato, cucumber and mango; a salad of baby mixed lettuces; and cilantro lime vinaigrette.

Dessert was a selection of tartlets.

The first lady wore her hair up, with what appeared to be a white or cream-colored dressed with a black-fleck pattern. She wore high heels. Asked to help a reporter better describe her dress, Rafanelli said simply, “Fabulous.”

When she spoke, the towering first lady eschewed the platform that had been placed behind the microphone for Elaine Schuster’s introduction.

Yet while Schuster spoke from typed notes, the first lady used a TelePrompTer, despite the relatively small and friendly audience.

Glen Johnson can be reached at johnson@globe.com. Follow him on Twitter @globeglen.

Cry me a river you fat nasty slob. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »
Let's be honest with ourselves, Michelle Obama could whoop Michele Bachmann's asshole all over the place, kid.
G