Author Topic: Dawkins vs creationist  (Read 25841 times)

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
Re: Dawkins vs creationist
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 09:01:29 AM »
Natural sciences are formed based on observation. It's not strict in the mathmatical or logical sense, as there are is no axiomatic system whatsoever and we use many assumptions, like "if it works 100000 times, it will work for 100000th time" which obviously may not hold. Especially evolutionary science by definition is doomed to base on the facts that we have now to prove something about the past. We live too short to observe any kind of evolution, so what we have is DNA and other proofs which may not satisfy everyone, but well, that's all we're ever gonna have. On the other side we have belief based on book wrote by arabs and jews thousands of years ago.

Non-scientists should not discuss science. I'm sorry, but fuck off.

Please give us your extensive science background.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 09:13:42 AM »

Theoretical Computer Science Bsc
Theoretical Computer Science Msc (in progress)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »
She looks happier than him tho. And obviously she contributes more to mankind than him. What is he contributing to mankind exactly?

Also, let's hope for him that God truly doesnt exist lol...

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 09:23:32 AM »
She looks way dumber than him tho.

Also, I hope that the real god is the one I preach (not some "mojo" or "alach")...

Fixed.

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »
She looks happier than him tho. And obviously she contributes more to mankind than him. What is he contributing to mankind exactly?

Do you make a habit of making up shit when you don't understand something, ie God?

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 09:28:01 AM »
Theoretical Computer Science Bsc
Theoretical Computer Science Msc (in progress)

With how much time has passed, why has human's not evolved into a different species?  Second question, we manipulate cells the same way, bilions of time over without difference, does it not blow a hole in that theory?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:41 AM »
With how much time has passed, why has human's not evolved into a different species?  Second question, we manipulate cells the same way, bilions of time over without difference, does it not blow a hole in that theory?

How "much time"? Have you at least any idea of how LITTLE time has passed, when looking from a point of EVOLUTION (hundreds of thousands of years, sometimes even millions and millions, until something significant "happens", speaking in a context of mutation and change in a specie).

How we manipulate? What are you talking about?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
creationists dont necessarily deny evolution. she is a horrrible representative of the group.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 10:17:58 AM »

What did he contribute to mankind? He's professor of biology, read his works for christ's sake. Oh wait, you can't understand them.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 10:19:44 AM »

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »

Not with you on that. She does not look happy at all. She has that typical bigot behavior, hypocritical smile and good mannered which still doesn't cover up the fact that she hates every single person with different ideas then her own. Her agenda isn't even hidden, she's just a conservative lobbyist. I don't see the contribution here. At least, he's an author and scientist with a body of work to show for. You can even criticize it which makes it worth something. On the contrary of that woman who's hiding behind "values" she's pushing as a way to make herself more important.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »
Not with you on that. She does not look happy at all. She has that typical bigot behavior, hypocritical smile and good mannered which still doesn't cover up the fact that she hates every single person with different ideas then her own. Her agenda isn't even hidden, she's just a conservative lobbyist. I don't see the contribution here. At least, he's an author and scientist with a body of work to show for. You can even criticize it which makes it worth something. On the contrary of that woman who's hiding behind "values" she's pushing as a way to make herself more important.

x2

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 11:19:04 AM »
If we all came from 2 people 6,000 years ago, then why are we different colors.

That's all I want to know.

We would all look so damn similar that it's not funny if that were the case.

There would only be one "race", but yet we have so many... Obviously an evolutionary output of some sort.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »
If we all came from 2 people 6,000 years ago, then why are we different colors.

That's all I want to know.

We would all look so damn similar that it's not funny if that were the case.

There would only be one "race", but yet we have so many... Obviously an evolutionary output of some sort.

Not only did Almighty God confound the language at the tower of Babel but also the races because the word confound taken to its root meaning literally means to mix.
Remember what you allow yourself to think, see, hear, say and do literally set into motion God’s
creative powers that form the matrix of life’s reality you find yourself now walking so be circumspect,
putting your mind, eyes, ears and tongue on what is good, positive and constructive.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »
Not only did Almighty God confound the language at the tower of Babel but also the races because the word confound taken to its root meaning literally means to mix.
Remember what you allow yourself to think, see, hear, say and do literally set into motion God’s
creative powers that form the matrix of life’s reality you find yourself now walking so be circumspect,
putting your mind, eyes, ears and tongue on what is good, positive and constructive.

Yeah... That story is what is called a lie.

Do you think they built towers taller than the Sears Tower in Chicago? The World Trade Center?

God cared about tall buildings 6000 years ago, but now, they are totally cool?

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »
creationists are one of the things that really get my blood boiling. Idiots plain and simple.

Yes i am a scientist, but they'd annoy the heck out of me even if i wasn't.

chris-a

• Getbig III
  • fundamentalist atheist - guns + religion don't mix
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »

please, please, please, just

fuck.right.off.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »
creationists are one of the things that really get my blood boiling. Idiots plain and simple.

Yes i am a scientist, but they'd annoy the heck out of me even if i wasn't.
Staunch scientists annoy me, staunch creationists annoy me...all because they tend to hold onto their own dogmas, and not seeing that their mindset is alike---it's either "my way or no way".

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli_long-term_evolution_experiment

http://myxo.css.msu.edu/ecoli/

Evolution right in front of your eyes. If you wish to have any credibility in this debate whatsoever, at least quickly glance through the wiki page and then come back.
from incomplete data

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
My question is:  why has evolving stopped?   ::)

Sorry dude but are you rolling your eyes at that statement or with it?

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »

Dude that is such a weak argument. The Earth is supposed to be 4.5 billion years old and it is estimated that life has been around for 3.5 billion. Which means it took that long for us to evolve from the simplest organisms to where we are at now.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »
Dude that is such a weak argument. The Earth is supposed to be 4.5 billion years old and it is estimated that life has been around for 3.5 billion. Which means it took that long for us to evolve from the simplest organisms to where we are at now.
Are you trying to say that "God" needed time to perfect his recipe? And that he needs to raise the temp a little bit?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »
creationists dont necessarily deny evolution. she is a horrrible representative of the group.
No. They just encompass it within their nonsense. Once you start lying, why stop? 

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 02:02:40 PM »
phd in broscience

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2012, 02:25:43 PM »
phd in broscience
That's got to be comparable to an internet degree, I figure.