Author Topic: 48 Hours – Desert Heat:  (Read 2172 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
48 Hours – Desert Heat:
« on: November 09, 2008, 06:20:40 AM »
I know there’s already a Titus/Ryan board, as well as a few other threads on G&O, but I thought the Positive board is appropo for the topic of this discussion.

Mad props to 48 Hours for presenting the “bigger picture,” and not making it sound like steroids are the only or biggest thing to blame for what happened.

And while they didn’t do much to stand up for those in the BB/Fitness industry, I think they did a good job of at least not casting those people in a negative light.
They kind of stayed neutral in that respect.

I was really expecting the show to interview “industry insiders” who would reveal the “darker side” of BB, talking about how rampant and devastating the drug use is.

48 Hours used a little more fact, and a little less bias than we're used to seeing in the media.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: 48 Hours – Desert Heat:
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 06:44:01 AM »
I was very disappointed in how it was reported, edited and presented.  They wasted a lot of time repeating the same thing.  There was no mention of Anthony Gross or that hit for hire.   The whole story came across very disconnected.  If this was the first time hearing the story and I didn't already know the "play by play", I'd have a lot of questions.  For instance, what was the point of them showing footage of Craig getting moved (blindfolded) in jail?  We know how that all went down and why, but they never reported the purpose of the event so there was no reason to show the tape.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: 48 Hours – Desert Heat:
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 02:58:56 PM »
Good points.
I unconsciously took a lot of already known information for granted.
No doubt some parts seemed a bit redundant – maybe more so to us, privy with so much info – but I found no gaps in the story.

The narrator DID briefly explain that authorities caught wind of Craig planning an escape, and that is why they took those precautions - entering his cell and restraining him the way they did.
It may have seemed a bit out of place, but I think they were trying to show the kind of person Titus is.
Nothing says you’re a mean and crazy asshole like the Hannibal Lecter starter suit.

I doubt that an hour, including commercials, is sufficient time to tell the whole of what’s gone down from day one.
And this was biased reporting as far as the producers selecting what information they felt was most relevant to present.

I was simply elated when this turned out not to be another documentary making bodybuilding and performance enhancing “supplements” out to be some kind of deviant, occult-like activity.

Instead they provided details and evidence that suggested that Craig, PERSONALLY, is a bad person who did a very bad thing.