Author Topic: Problem sleeping with wide shoulders...  (Read 9364 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Problem sleeping with wide shoulders...
« on: May 29, 2014, 06:21:37 PM »
So I am by no means pro bodybuilder big not even close... but I am wide... and have naturally broad shoulders.

Since I've started getting bigger and wider in the past two years I've been experiencing sleeping problems. I used to sleep on the side with my hand under the pillow but this is no longer possible. It crushes my shoulder. I tried to sleep on my stomach but on an angle still putting hand under pillow a kind of hybrid position and that worked but lately it's not helping and my shoulders are yet again hurting and now even the neck... no good.

I just can't sleep on my back.

I am sure there are others with this issue? How do you cope with this? Bigger pillow? Different style of pillow?

It sucks as it's literally causing injury to my shoulder/rotator being in that position all night then waking up in pain.

hench

• Getbig V
Re: Problem sleeping with wide shoulders...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:33:24 PM »
Yep its a pain in the arse. I get pins and needles in my arms while I'm trying to nod off  from the weight and Even wake up in a panic sometimes as an arm is so dead its like a big sack of numbness hanging there. Anyone else had that?

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
  • Enlightenment is my DOOM
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 06:47:42 PM »
Yep its a pain in the arse. I get pins and needles in my arms while I'm trying to nod off  from the weight and Even wake up in a panic sometimes as an arm is so dead its like a big sack of numbness hanging there. Anyone else had that?

I'm constantly waking up with this! Scary shit man! It sucks even more because my body clock is already thrown off due to recently switching to the night watch. Is this problem indicative of serious circulatory problems?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »
Yup.

I solved it by learning to sleep on one of those neck pillows. Kinda scalloped in the middle and high on the back and front. This thing: http://www.amazon.com/NeckPillow-Tempur-Pedic-Queen-Large-Tempur/dp/B001A3PZW4/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1401414406&sr=8-40&keywords=tempurpedic+pillow

Only I got the king XL. It took me about 4 days of hell before I learned how to sleep on it, but it works great. Solved a shoulder issue that I was having. I am even pussy enough to travel with the giant fucker.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »
I've gone up in size, down and up again.  It's literally a big pain in the neck.  I'm also a side sleeper.

The wider/bigger your delts get, the larger/firmer your pillow needs to be.  Your neck needs maximum support.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 07:16:26 PM »
This is not a question for Phil.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 07:20:30 PM »
This is not a question for Phil.

Phil heath doesn't sleep.   He waits.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 07:26:04 PM »
I have a problem sleeping with wide hips. Any suggestions?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »
Same problem here.  I found a solution is to sleep with a pillow supporting the arm sort of like Jay did in one of his home videos.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »
I place a smaller, weaker bodybuilder between my legs to help me sleep.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »

Try spritzing a bit of cyanide on a comfortably warm cloth, as you would with eucalyptus oil, and inhale deeply. You should be able to get a good night's sleep this way.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 08:08:30 PM »
i just tossed my old queen size mattress (only had it for 4 years ) and bed in the garage last night, me and the wifey got a new king size bed and matteress this memorial day weekend , was delivered last night and slept like a baby

got it at sit N sleep for 1900 bucks , 2 years no interest

my old queen bad, fuck i was waking up a grumpy mother fucker every morning, my back would hurt, my shoulder, neck, we would go on vacations all the time just so we could sleep on king size beds at the hotels

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 08:11:21 PM »
I have the same problem with wide shoulders and back. if I lay on my side I have to deal with my neck hanging down #1 and the muscle in my chest/delt pushing up on my neck and choking me #2.

I also have degenerated discs from c5-c7 which brings other problems when sleeping (besides pain obviously, my hands/arms go completely numb).

best 'solution' I've found (besides taking 1 Tylenol 3, 1 soma, and 1 klonopin at night. lol), is to sleep at a 45-degree angle  with a pillow lengthwise on one side of my body and another pillow under the other arm... and a pillow under my knees.... now I'm luckly if I only wake up twice a night.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »
I lay on my side but have to use 2 pillows that aren't flat.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 09:05:12 PM »
I place a smaller, weaker bodybuilder between my legs to help me sleep.

After reading this, I'm going to follow Adonis principles and 20 rep sets until I am qualified.

the trainer

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 09:06:26 PM »
I have that problem with my cock its long and sometime when I am turning to the side my leg squeeze it and I wake up in pain, not sure what to do about it.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 09:10:16 PM »
I have that problem with my cock its long and sometime when I am turning to the side my leg squeeze it and I wake up in pain, not sure what to do about it.
Try wrapping your cock around your leg like the blue and red lines on a barber's pole. This should help.
h

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 09:11:23 PM »

Give up and be a stay at home mom "girlfriend".

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
Phil heath doesn't sleep.   He waits.

haha

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 10:00:23 PM »

I had a dream/nightmare last night that one of my ears was longer than the other, so I took a pair of scissors and tried to even it out and kept on snipping away at my ears until there wasn't much left of them and the whole time I was asking people in my dream if ears can grow back. Was FUCKING MESSED UP. I woke up after 3 hours and was too scared to go back to sleep.  :-\

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2014, 10:01:35 PM »
I had a dream/nightmare last night that one of my ears was longer than the other, so I took a pair of scissors and tried to even it out and kept on snipping away at my ears until there wasn't much left of them and the whole time I was asking people in my dream if ears can grow back. Was FUCKING MESSED UP. I woke up after 3 hours and was too scared to go back to sleep.  :-\

I'll have what he's having!

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 10:03:49 PM »

I'm laughing now, but dude, it was scary as shit. I'm not some psycho self-mutilator in real life, so I have no idea was it symbolized.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 10:05:35 PM »

Just realized you're not a dude. Sorry about that maam  8)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:02 PM »
I have the same problem with wide shoulders and back. if I lay on my side I have to deal with my neck hanging down #1 and the muscle in my chest/delt pushing up on my neck and choking me #2.

I also have degenerated discs from c5-c7 which brings other problems when sleeping (besides pain obviously, my hands/arms go completely numb).

best 'solution' I've found (besides taking 1 Tylenol 3, 1 soma, and 1 klonopin at night. lol), is to sleep at a 45-degree angle  with a pillow lengthwise on one side of my body and another pillow under the other arm... and a pillow under my knees.... now I'm luckly if I only wake up twice a night.

Try not to get hooked on those pills. I used to pop a couple of tylenols every night for a long ass time. I was hooked. Just stopped cold turkey.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »
I just can't sleep on my back.

I am sure there are others with this issue? How do you cope with this? Bigger pillow? Different style of pillow?

It sucks as it's literally causing injury to my shoulder/rotator being in that position all night then waking up in pain.

My feminine shoulders are not broad, but I'm a side sleeper, so I had trouble with my pillow. Either my neck was at an sideway angle, or my shoulders got squished. I tried the thicker pillows for side sleepers; they have more stuffing. But that was still not enough. So I bought two of these thicker pillows and placed the stuffing from one in the other. This double thick pillow does the trick.

With masculine big shoulders you might need 3 pillow stuffings...

Oh, and the type of filling could make a difference. I prefer feather fillings (not down!), or kapok fillings for a hard and heavy pillow. Don't like those squishy bouncy foam rubber things.