Author Topic: Investing and personal finance  (Read 185608 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Investing and personal finance
« on: June 25, 2016, 06:07:16 AM »
worth watching:

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Investing and personal finance
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 08:42:50 AM »
Typical stock broker/investment advisor platitudes when the market takes a dive.  They say the same shit every time.

Make sure you include the fees, expenses and commissions these fuckers charge... some can be very expensive and over time they end up eating a large chunk of your money.

Bubbles are all over the place.  The market will only get worse as time goes by.  This Brexit thing is just the beginning.

Free advice... the best investment right now is GOLD and SILVER.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »
Typical stock broker/investment advisor platitudes when the market takes a dive.  They say the same shit every time.

Make sure you include the fees, expenses and commissions these fuckers charge... some can be very expensive and over time they end up eating a large chunk of your money.

Bubbles are all over the place.  The market will only get worse as time goes by.  This Brexit thing is just the beginning.

can you be a little more specific?

I am not sure what exactly you criticize in the video   :)

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 11:32:25 AM »

This is the biggest platitude of them all.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 11:41:11 AM »

yeah, no gold or silver for me.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 11:46:36 AM »
for the retail stuff I think Lance Roberts is good. he has a free newsletter. i used to listen to a few podcasts like financial sense and king world news as well. gold seek radio is pretty good as is the keiser report on RT/ youtube

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 02:01:18 PM »
The Dukes are trying to corner the market!

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 07:11:01 PM »

G&S are very undervalued right now.  The stock market and real estate are extremely overvalued right now.  It's all about timing.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 07:21:32 PM »

LOL - I'd like to see the bogus data points used to plot this chart.  Gold was around $35oz in 1972.  It's now $1320... a 3800% gain.  No gold or silver for you!  

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 07:50:36 PM »
LOL - I'd like to see the bogus data points used to plot this chart.  Gold was around $35oz in 1972.  It's now $1320... a 3800% gain.  No gold or silver for you!  
Hell, thanks to tech, even copper is tearing up the charts.
A

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 08:09:35 PM »
quote author=Coffeed link=topic=612594.msg8517022#msg8517022 date=1466888478]
[/quote]

here they are with a young, slim Vince Goodrum

"

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 08:55:54 PM »

The only way you can make significant profit from precious metals it through leveraged futures contracts on the Chicago Board of Trade..

If your position is aimed in the right direction, you gain money with the rush of Niagara Falls...

If you are wrong...that futures contract will squeeze your nuts between it's thumb and forefinger...

Gold was around $35oz in 1972.  It's now $1320... a 3800% gain.  
1972 eh?...Are you going to cryogenically immerse yourself and wait for this glacier?...or use a time machine?

If you want to investigate futures...I would suggest grain..."grain does what silver does"

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 08:59:18 PM »
quote author=Coffeed link=topic=612594.msg8517022#msg8517022 date=1466888478]

here they are with a young, slim Vince Goodrum

Lol!

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 11:25:14 PM »
how many of you are ready to "drop 15 Andrew Jackson" to make the investment of your life  :D

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 12:00:18 AM »

Do the math, that would average roughly an annual interest of 8.5%. It's hardly going to make you a millionaire. ::)

3800% gain... in 44 years. :D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 01:52:33 AM »
Gold is an absolute moronic investment.

Google why Buffet does not buy gold ...

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 02:04:19 AM »
Gold is an absolute moronic investment.

Google why Buffet does not buy gold ...

Google Fiat currency, Austrian business cycle and minsky moment

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 02:27:54 AM »
G&S are very undervalued right now.  The stock market and real estate are extremely overvalued right now.  It's all about timing.

There have been warnings that the real estate market in Scandinavia is overvalued. Here you can see it compared to the nordic stock market:

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 04:15:53 AM »
Do the math, that would average roughly an annual interest of 8.5%. It's hardly going to make you a millionaire. ::)

3800% gain... in 44 years. :D

My point is that gold is a stable store of wealth.  It's going much higher in the near future.  Those green rectangles in your wallet (or electrons in a bank account) are constantly being devalued and they buy less goods and services every year.  ALL fiat currencies eventually fail.

Like I said above, timing is important.  NOW is the time for gold and silver.  Stocks and RE are a hyper bubble.  It'll be some fun when those bubbles pop.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 04:31:00 AM »
If you want the best advice out there I'd seek out Vince goodrum. He's sooo smart. He saved $500 on a washing mashing. His other great investments include bee pollen and a double wide trailer.  I believe he might even have fake credentials as a financial advisor.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 04:40:01 AM »
My point is that gold is a stable store of wealth.  It's going much higher in the near future.  Those green rectangles in your wallet (or electrons in a bank account) are constantly being devalued and they buy less goods and services every year.  ALL fiat currencies eventually fail.

Like I said above, timing is important.  NOW is the time for gold and silver.  Stocks and RE are a hyper bubble.  It'll be some fun when those bubbles pop.

Gold has no value. It can't be valued. It produces no yield and yield is really the only way to reliably value an asset. In fact gold has a negative yield as it costs money to store it, guard it, transport it etc.

Trust me of its the end of the world a shiney nugget will be worth nothing compared to say an apple, a banana or some fresh drinking water ...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 04:42:49 AM »
Gold has no value. It can't be valued. It produces no yield and yield is really the only way to reliably value an asset. In fact gold has a negative yield as it costs money to store it, guard it, transport it etc.

Trust me of its the end of the world a shiney nugget will be worth nothing compared to say an apple, a banana or some fresh drinking water ...

Some very ignorant and absurd statements here.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 08:22:04 AM »

not really. If you bought gold in 2012 you would still have lost money today:

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 10:27:05 AM »
Gold is great if you can time the "flight to quality" aspect of it. Since nobody can time the market, it's easy to say buy gold AFTER this large move. If you want to go ahead and invest in gold when it's flirting with its 2 year highs, go ahead, but as a buy and hold strategy for the stereotypical inactive investor, you're better off throwing your money in the SPY or some low cost index funds and adding to it over time if you're not watching the monitors everyday like a getbigger in Dubai, India. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 10:30:41 AM »
not really. If you bought gold in 2012 you would still have lost money today:

And if you bought in 1999 when gold price was $250 ish?  Timing is important.  Derivatives market is going to implode and a majority of the banks out there today will not exist in a few years.  It will make what happened with Lehman Bros. and Bear Stearns look like a picnic.

Over long periods of time as wealth storage and inflation protection, physical gold (and silver)wins.  No counterparty risk like with paper assets either.  It's a no brainer.

When the S&P gets obliterated again down around the 600 level, (hopefully we all won't be fucked back to the stone age), that will be the time to start buying stocks.