Author Topic: Possible Dark Horse Mr. GetBig??  (Read 17165 times)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Re: Possible Dark Horse Mr. GetBig??
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2008, 05:29:29 PM »
what are you eating. low fat? i think i asked you b4 but i forgot the answer. you may win gbIII short cakes

Whats up brother! I never really knew shit about dieting or nutrition I've been learning alot of this site and as I said Candizzle helped me out to with giving me some info on meal timing, supplements, and suggestions. Anyway I my diet is:
Meal 1: 15 egg whites 1 cup of oatmeal (1/2 steel cut, 1/2 old fashioned)
Meal 2: Chicken breast 1 cup of brown rice and some green peas
Meal 3: (Pre workout) 1 scoop of whey isolate 1 scoop of Cytocarb (fast acting carbohydrate product)
Meal 4: (Post workout) 1 scoop of whey isolate 1 scoop of Cytocarb and sometimes I'll throw in some white bread with grape jelly on it
Meal 5 Orange Ruffy, asparagus, 1 cup of oatmeal
Meal 6 Either Salmon or Steak and a spinach salad with cucumbers
Meal 7 varies I'll have a can of tuna with chopped onions or ,maybe some cottage cheese, or a scoop of whey with some natty peanut butter, or even just down of few full eggs just depends on what I feel like and thats about it my man.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »
Whats up brother! I never really knew shit about dieting or nutrition I've been learning alot of this site and as I said Candizzle helped me out to with giving me some info on meal timing, supplements, and suggestions. Anyway I my diet is:
Meal 3: (Pre workout) 1 scoop of whey isolate 1 scoop of Cytocarb (fast acting carbohydrate product)
Meal 4: (Post workout) 1 scoop of whey isolate 1 scoop of Cytocarb and sometimes I'll throw in some white bread with grape jelly on it
Meal 7 varies I'll have a can of tuna with chopped onions or ,maybe some cottage cheese, or a scoop of whey with some natty peanut butter, or even just down of few full eggs just depends on what I feel like and thats about it my man.

Meal timing is a myth.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2008, 05:34:29 PM »

thanks for writing all that out dude you got a good lean shape i wouldnt worry about a thing
A

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2008, 05:35:47 PM »
i dont think i gave you that much detail bro, looks to me like youve picked some things up on your own.  :)

that diet looks spot on. and obviously it IS spot on considering your all ripped up and your natural.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »
Meal timing is a myth.

I really don't know I just been doing this for a little and seems to be working, like I said I really don't know shit about nutrition, I drink 3/4 times a week, I always just ate alot of protein and alot of carbs, and pretty much just tapered off the carbs at nite, thats what I've always done, up until a year ago, I used to drink my protein shakes with Butterfingers in them. I've never really trained properly either, I love to do cardio (call me crazy but up until a few months ago I used to run 6 miles 5 times a week, turns out I think I was burning off a ton of muscle the intesity was too high) up until a few months ago I never did a dead lift, so I'm still learning my man and I hope to learn more from guys like you too.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2008, 05:39:04 PM »
I really don't know I just been doing this for a little and seems to be working, like I said I really don't know shit about nutrition, I drink 3/4 times a week, I always just ate alot of protein and alot of carbs, and pretty much just tapered off the carbs at nite, thats what I've always done, up until a year ago, I used to drink my protein shakes with Butterfingers in them. I've never really trained properly either, I love to do cardio (call me crazy but up until a few months ago I used to run 6 miles 5 times a week, turns out I think I was burning off a ton of muscle the intesity was too high) up until a few months ago I never did a dead lift, so I'm still learning my man and I hope to learn more from guys like you too.
You will do very well.  Pretty much anything works.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2008, 05:43:07 PM »
thanks for writing all that out dude you got a good lean shape i wouldnt worry about a thing
Thanks alot brother!
i dont think i gave you that much detail bro, looks to me like youve picked some things up on your own.  :)

that diet looks spot on. and obviously it IS spot on considering your all ripped up and your natural.

Seriously dude thanks for the help, I had a good idea of what to do but you help arrange the meals and what to eat at what times, so thanks alot man!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »
Does eating more often really speed your metabolism?

You've probably heard it before. Eat six small meals a day to help jump start your metabolism so you are burning more all day long! What a great way to lose weight. Unfortunately, this isn't quite right.

In studies done comparing different groups of individuals, all eating the same calories only spread out through different meal frequencies, it has been found time after time that the number of times you are eating does not really matter all that much.

It is true that your body expends energy in the process of digestion. But here's the thing, the more food you eat, the more energy it is going to expend. So lets say you are eating your six small meals a day, all consisting of three hundred calories. You might burn off 30 calories per meal just digesting that food.

Now let's say you eat 3 meals a day instead, but since total calorie intake is the same 1800, these meals are 600 calories each. Now you are still burning about 10% of the calories off through digestion, but this time, it works out to be 60 calories per meal.

Since 30 X 6 = 180 and 60 X 3 = 180, in all actuality you have still expended the same number of calories through digestion over the course of the day, you have just done it at a different frequency.

Some individuals are now even starting to adopt diet plans where they only eat two times per day, once as soon as they wake up and once before going to bed again. This goes against all the traditional muscle building advice of eating 5-8 times per day to keep the amino acids coming and keep you in an anabolic state. With this plan though, these people are finding that they have little or no hunger, their thinking is clearer, focus is better and they are able to lose fat and gain muscle as long as these are eating the right number of calories and macronutrients in their meals and it is timed well with their training (normally the training takes place just before a meal so that you are providing the body with a large influx of nutrients immediately after to stimulate muscle growth).

I'm not recommending that you go and adopt a twice a day eating policy if you don't want to, just trying to point out that this notion that by eating small meals throughout the day you are going to send your metabolism through the roof is wrong. Likewise, if you go for a period of 5-6 hours without food, your body is not going to resort to eating away at your muscles. We simply have enough stored fuel that this will not happen, contrary to popular belief. If you can go the overnight period without eating and see no loss in muscle mass, you definitely can go 5 hours during the day without any issues.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2008, 05:48:33 PM »
Ok, since nothing interesting came up on Pubcrawler this week, I decided that I'd crush another long-standing nutritional dogma (I thought about changing this from a research review to a mythbusting column but I'm going to run out of stupid myths to dismiss). How many times have you heard something along the lines of "Eating 6 times per day stokes the metabolic fire." or "You must eat 6 times per day to lose fat effectively." or "Skipping even one meal per day will slow your metabolic rate and you'll hoard fat." Probably a lot.

Well, guess what? The idea is based on piss-poor observational studies and direct research says that it's all bullshit. The idea came, essentially out of a misunderstanding of the thermic effect of food (TEF) also called dietary induced thermogenesis (DIT) which are the calories burned in processing of the food you eat. While TEF differs for the different nutrients, on average it constitutes about 10% of a typical mixed diet. So every time you eat, your metabolic rate goes up a little bit due to TEF. Aha! Eat more and metabolic rate goes up more, right?

Except, let's think about that. Say we have two people, both eating 3000 calories per day. One eats 6 meals of 500 calories/meal while the other eats 3 meals of 1000 calories/meal. The first will have a TEF of 50 calories (10% of 500) 6 times/day. The second will have a TEF of 100 calories (10% of 1000 calories) 3 times/day. Well, 6X50 = 300 calories/day and 3X100 = 300 calories/day. No difference. Sure, if you increase food intake from, say, 1500 calories to 2000 calories, you will burn more with TEF; but this has nothing to do with meal frequency, it has to do with eating more food.

Which brings us, the long way around, to the above review paper which examined not only earlier observational work but also direct studies of varying meal frequency on either weight loss (during such studies) or metabolic rate. And, with the exception of a poorly done study on boxers (which I'll discuss later, maybe next week), they found no effect of varying meal frequency. None. They concluded that earlier studies finding an effect of meal frequency on weight gain (or loss) had more to do with changes in appetite or food intake, not from a direct impact on metabolic rate. For example, early observational studies found that people who skipped breakfast were heavier. The study suggested that perhaps people who were overweight had started skipping breakfast in an attempt to lose weight; not that skipping breakfast made them fat.

That is, and in keeping with last week's study (and a lot of confusing issues regarding the effect of food on bodyweight/bodyfat), certain eating patterns tend to impact on caloric intake. Some early studies actually found that eating more frequently caused weight gain, mainly because the foods being added were snacks and were in addition to normal food intake. Other studies have shown that splitting one's daily calories into multiple smaller meals helps to control hunger: people tend to eat less when they split their meals and eat more frequently. When you go too long between meals (I usually find that 3-5 hours is about the limit depending on the meal composition), you tend to get hungry and end up at the vending machine eating candy. Eating more smaller meals can also have some health benefits in terms of blood glucose control and blood cholesterol; no-one is denying that.

However, this is all tangential to the claims being made for metabolic rate. Whether you eat 3 meals per day or 6, if your daily caloric intake is identical, you will expend the same number of calories per day from TEF. And, as opposed to mice and rats, for whom everything happens faster, skipping a meal will not affect human metabolic rate at all. Quite in fact, it takes at least 3-4 days of fairly strict dieting to impact on metabolic rate; a single meal means nothing. You will not go into 'starvation mode' because you went more than 3 hours without a meal.

More practically, I sometimes wonder if the people who are adamant about 6 meals/day have ever worked with a small female athlete or bodybuilder. A 120 lb female may have a daily food intake of 1200 calories/day on a diet. Dividing that into 6 meals gives you 200 calorie 'meals'. More like a snack. 4 meals of 300 calories or even 3 meals of 400 calories is a much more livable approach than a few bites of food every 3 hours. The low caloric intake on my Rapid Fat Loss Handbook more or less prevents a 6 meal/day approach, each 'meal' ends up being nothing. I recommend 3-4 meals/day on that diet.

So, like last week's research review about the glycemic index, quit obsessing about meal frequency if it doesn't fit easily into your lifestyle. I consider 3-4 meals/day a workable minimum for most, 3 meals plus a couple of snacks works just fine too. High meal frequencies may have benefits under certain conditions but are in no way mandatory. And, in case you missed it the first time through: eating more frequently does NOT, I repeat DOES NOT, 'stoke the metabolic fire'.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2008, 05:53:17 PM »
Interesting stuff, to be honest the number of meals doesn't mean shit to me, I just eat whenever I'm hungry, I've always been a big eater.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »
When does it start!  Who hell won the last 1 or 2?

Try checking the Mr Getbig board, all the pics/links was from the last 2 years are there, scorecards and all - last years pics/info is sticked.

That said, I would suspect this year to be more competitive due to the cash last year.

Go 4 it - you look great, please excuse my fellow getbiggers :D

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2008, 06:30:10 PM »

How many cals is that roughly?

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2008, 06:52:27 PM »
How many cals is that roughly?

I would say anywhere between 3000-4000, don't really count the cals.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2008, 06:55:08 PM »
Hopefully I will shock a few people my friend I could care less about winning but that could be quite a welcoming  by-product.  You still have set the bar and that bar is sky high.  Any competitions this year?  I think you can take Whitacre.
I hope you do shock us Adonis. rooting for you ,my friend.
I'm dieting right now ,but I don't know if I'm going to compete yet.
I don't think I can match Brian's condition ,He is a freak and I refuse to diet more than 12 weeks . :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »
t.a. have the legs improved.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2008, 07:01:23 PM »

I would say anywhere between 3000-4000, don't really count the cals.

OK, I'm a little more confused than I normally am. 3 - 4k calories daily and you weigh 165? What, do you walk to work every day... 32 miles? Each way?

Clean diet and it obviously works for you and that's one of the hardest things for cats to figure out... what works for you.
a

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2008, 07:10:25 PM »
OK, I'm a little more confused than I normally am. 3 - 4k calories daily and you weigh 165? What, do you walk to work every day... 32 miles? Each way?

Clean diet and it obviously works for you and that's one of the hardest things for cats to figure out... what works for you.

you'd be surprised how many little dudes need 5k calories to put on any weight. honestly i don't think i'm eating much above 2500 and i'm very, very slowly creeping downward.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2008, 07:13:53 PM »

Occupational NEAT perhaps.

NON-EXERCISE ACTIVITY THERMOGENESIS

Introduction
Looking out over this crowded coffee bar, I see a 40-year-old man reading a newspaper. He is stationary. He sits next to a 30-year-old woman. She can barely sit still. She gets up and curves between the tightly squeezed tables, just to get a napkin and then gesticulates wildly as she talks on her cell phone. He has still not moved. He thinks now of his three-year-old daughter at home; "she just never stops" he thinks. He smiles to himself and scratches his nose. She gesticulates further as she tells a friend of a rat she saw scuttling rapidly on the subway rails. A taxi drives by. The driver immigrated from an agricultural community in the Ivory Coast. Birds soar high over-head. All these living beings exhibit spontaneous physical activity or, Non-exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT).

Human Energy Expenditure (and semantics)
Even lean individuals store at least two to three months of their energy needs in adipose tissue whereas obese persons can carry a year's worth of their energy needs. It is the cumulative impact of energy imbalance over months and years that results in the development of obesity or undernutrition.

There are three principal components of human energy expenditure (EE), basal metabolic rate (BMR), thermic effect of food (TEF) and activity thermogenesis. There are also other small components of EE that may contribute to the whole, such as the energetic costs of medications and emotion.

BMR is the energy expended when an individual is laying at complete rest, in the morning, after sleep, in the postabsorptive state. In individuals with sedentary occupations BMR accounts for approximately 60 percent of total daily EE. Three-quarter's of the variability in BMR is predicted by lean body mass within and across species. TEF is the increase in EE associated with the digestion, absorption, and storage of food and accounts for approximately 10-15 percent of total daily EE.

Activity Thermogenesis has two constituents, exercise-related activity thermogenesis and Non-exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT). For the vast majority of dwellers in the U.S., exercise activity thermogenesis is negligible. NEAT, even in avid exercisers, is the predominant constituent of activity thermogenesis and is the EE associated with all the activities we undertake as vibrant, independent beings. NEAT has an enormous variety of constituents including occupation, leisure and fidgeting. Because of this, NEAT is challenging to study and its role in human energy balance has been difficult to define.

Non-exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT)
NEAT is likely to contribute substantially to the inter- and intra-personal variability in EE. Argue thus; if three-quarters of the variance of BMR is accounted for by variance in lean body mass and, TEF represents 10-15 percent of total EE, then the majority of the variance in total EE that occurs independent of body weight must be accounted for by NEAT. Evidence supports this. NEAT is highly variable and ranges from ~ 15 percent of total daily EE in very sedentary individuals to >50 percent in highly active persons . Even minor changes in physical activity throughout the day can increase daily EE by 20 percent. NEAT is impacted by environment, but is also under biological control .

NEAT and environment
There are many environmental cues that impact NEAT. Broadly, they can be divided into occupational and non-occupational components.

NEAT and occupation
    Matched individuals with highly active ambulatory jobs can have NEAT values of 1000 kcal/day greater than sedentary peers. In areas of nutritional need, this has implications for starvation-threatened individuals. In affluent countries, industrialized can convert high-NEAT jobs to lower-NEAT jobs and this has been associated with increased obesity rates.

Non-occupation NEAT

* Dish washers
        * Cars
        * Remotes
        * Lawnmowers
        * Drive-through
        * Game-boy
        * Elevators
        * Snow blowers

Leisure-time sedentariness has resulted from the availability and volitional use of pervasive mechanization. When the energetic cost of non-work mechanization is estimated experimentally it approximates to, 100-200 kcal/day; a caloric deficit that potentially could account for the entire obesity epidemic.

NEAT and physiology
With experimental overfeeding in humans, NEAT increases. Those who increased their NEAT the most with overfeeding gained the least fat. This suggests that along with self-evident societal slothfulness, NEAT is biologically modulated. Animal data support this. There appear to be central mediators of NEAT. For example, microinjections of orexins into hypothalamic nuclei increase NEAT whereas antagonists decrease it. There may be humoral mediators as experimental hyperthyroidism is associated with increased NEAT. There also be genetic mechanism at play; during overfeeding twinness in part predicts fat gain. Also NEAT is specific for different genetic strains of mice.

Where to from here?

Mechanism: by understanding the neuromodulators and non-central mediators of NEAT; its biological function will become clear.

Physiology: What are the key components of NEAT? What is the role of NEAT in aging, children, gender, and race? How does positive and negative affect NEAT and its components?

Pathology: What is the role of NEAT in obesity and eating disorders?

Intervention: Targeted, evaluated interventions from person to population.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2008, 07:15:18 PM »

Is that alot? I would say its roughly 500 cals a meal, 7-8 meals a day = 3500-4000 cals. I eat like a horse always have. Cheat days its probably around 5, 500 cals..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #269 on: August 03, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »
Is that alot? I would say its roughly 500 cals a meal, 7-8 meals a day = 3500-4000 cals. I eat like a horse always have. Cheat days its probably around 5, 500 cals..
How much time left? Its obviously been working, if you hit a plateua, assuming you have a little more to go I would drop the rice and your pre workout carb meal. You should be flattered 11 pages on getbig means you are impressive because you'ver attracted the player haters and the people who compliment you all in one section and menaged to make your competition a little scared all while staying modest, good luck

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #270 on: August 03, 2008, 07:54:33 PM »

who the hell packs in 8 meals a day? if you get 8 hours of sleep a night, that's 16 waking hours = a meal every two hours. i can't imagine doing that. i get 4 meals a day most days.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: August 03, 2008, 08:16:10 PM »
i would have loved for them to actually show up.. haha :D
agreed Candid, Flex is a tiny tit punk, i'd slap the crap out of that little POS.
I am a big baby

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2008, 12:19:33 AM »
 :D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2008, 02:43:01 AM »
Old Pic.
Hey. But quite amazing. You look great there. 8)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2008, 02:47:13 AM »
You think being a 7th tier bodybuilder and a gay go-go dancer is "a life"?
I was a club dancer back in 1996-1997. That was a good fun. Always surrounded by hot chics and many gay friends too.
Unlike you loser, i did many things in my life that beyond your imagination.
I enjoy my life to the extreme unlike internet stalker like you, LOSER!