Author Topic: What have OMR and Ron Avidan done in bodybuilding? What YOU?!  (Read 72381 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: What have OMR and Ron Avidan done in bodybuilding? What YOU?!
« Reply #500 on: November 08, 2013, 07:35:33 AM »
I have no obligation to repost my theories. I think the archives were lost when Ron had a virus in the system and heaps of data was never recovered. What a shame.

The lads here wouldn't believe what I tell them anyway. I might as well talk to a wall.

Ha! You never, ever once fully explained what they were even when continually pressed to do so by VanB. You just hemmed and hawed for page after page. You're truly a mess. Sad, really. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #501 on: November 08, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »
You have to choose, weekend at Basile's house or weekend at Goodrum's?

???

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #502 on: November 08, 2013, 09:33:18 AM »

???

Can I bring a loaded gun?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #503 on: November 08, 2013, 09:35:10 AM »
Goodrum is younger than Basile and has blue stars.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #504 on: November 08, 2013, 09:36:27 AM »

???

One is a fucking asshole. The other might try to fuck your asshole.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #505 on: November 08, 2013, 09:40:09 AM »
Goodrum is younger than Basile and has blue stars.

But who has the best life insurance?

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #506 on: November 08, 2013, 09:40:26 AM »

Its does beg the question, does one see blue stars when around a fucking asshole or when getting fucked in the asshole?
"

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #507 on: November 08, 2013, 09:42:50 AM »
But who has the best life insurance?
It doesnt matter when you are dead you are dead. To hell with the left over.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #508 on: November 08, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »
It doesnt matter when you are dead you are dead. To hell with the left over.

That's true, but before I can answer Roger's question, it does.

the trainer

« Reply #509 on: November 08, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »
somebody should offer themselves to vince so he can train them, follow his diet and training routines for a few months and lets see if there is a difference this should put all arguments to rest.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #510 on: November 08, 2013, 10:37:16 AM »
somebody should offer themselves to vince so he can train them, follow his diet and training routines for a few months and lets see if there is a difference this should put all arguments to rest.
i never see any constructive Posts from you Kermit. just fucking shit.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #511 on: November 08, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »

ROFL!!!!!!!! x100000000000000000

;D

the trainer

« Reply #512 on: November 08, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »
i never see any constructive Posts from you Kermit. just fucking shit.

hahahahhaa look who is talking the king troll of getbig.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #513 on: November 08, 2013, 12:03:36 PM »

hahahahhaa look who is talking the king troll of getbig.
listen i will now Change my Name to "the Dude" ;)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2013, 02:26:42 PM »
How was possible that Weider let such colosal "talent" like Vincenzo let go un-noticed  :o
Just imagine VB's as editor of Joe's mag  ???
Unimaginable loss to BB history  :'( :'( :'(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: November 08, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »
No one wants to be fat. Well, very few do. The rest of us abhor adipose tissue and bodybuilders especially do. So how come some of us add weight as we age. We change our interests and activity and there is little motivation to lose fat. At the beach one can now wear a top to prevent skin cancers and board shorts cover up the rest. When I was young I, too, vowed not to be heavy in old age. It isn't so easy. You will find that most older people are not very active. Some have mobility problems. We tend to do less to save ourselves the effort. Thus, it is easy to add weight and especially because our metabolism slows down. Sure, we know what to do but where to get the energy from. The damn internet robs us all of countless hours where we could be doing something more productive. I am into photography so spend hours and hours editing photos.

Some of us are lucky to have good genetics when it comes to not getting fat. Like you, I am not as active as I once was, my metabolism has decreased. To compensate, I eat a lot less then I did when I was younger. Fortunately, I have not grown fat over the years. Most days I eat breakfast and dinner, skipping lunch. Today I had some lunch though. I picked up a small container of Quinoa, tomato and feta salad at the market on the way home from physical therapy. I try to eat healthy foods as much as possible. I am 5'10 1/2" @ 200 lbs. with a 34" waist. Presently I am somewhat out of shape due to the fact that I am recovering from knee surgery. Getting old sucks sometimes. I am hoping to get back into my normal workout routine soon. I don't go real heavy and I do a lot of sets and reps. I've been big and that was fine. I don't have any desire to get big again.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »
How was possible that Weider let such colosal "talent" like Vincenzo let go un-noticed  :o
Just imagine VB's as editor of Joe's mag  ???Unimaginable loss to BB history  :'( :'( :'(

The angry man's guide to fitness!  In this issue:

- Vince's Black Cloud of Embittered Wrath Workout.
- Put 1" on your calves through obesity.
- Being an expert.  No credentials?  No stars?  No problem!

Now with twice the vituperation!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #517 on: November 08, 2013, 03:29:49 PM »
LOL at Basile's use of the words "safety fat"...There is no such thing...Anyone over the age of 50 with the amount of fat Basile has on his body is most likely a type II Diabetic or at the very least borderline. And what comes with that is stress kidneys and water retention which will with a measuring tape show a bigger calve and bicep...Clean up your diet Basile.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #518 on: November 08, 2013, 03:35:05 PM »
Some of us are lucky to have good genetics when it comes to not getting fat. Like you, I am not as active as I once was, my metabolism has decreased. To compensate, I eat a lot less then I did when I was younger. Fortunately, I have not grown fat over the years. Most days I eat breakfast and dinner, skipping lunch. Today I had some lunch though. I picked up a small container of Quinoa, tomato and feta salad at the market on the way home from physical therapy. I try to eat healthy foods as much as possible. I am 5'10 1/2" @ 200 lbs. with a 34" waist. Presently I am somewhat out of shape due to the fact that I am recovering from knee surgery. Getting old sucks sometimes. I am hoping to get back into my normal workout routine soon. I don't go real heavy and I do a lot of sets and reps. I've been big and that was fine. I don't have any desire to get big again.

Getting older has its limitations. Sooner or later we all start falling apart or have diminished capacities. The knees don't last on many people which is a pity. Long ago I learned when teaching PE that impacts on hard surfaces made my knees sore. The solution was to avoid running or playing sport on hard surfaces and to wear sports shoes that have cushioning. That wasn't so easy in the old days because Adidas and other manufacturers didn't make them for cushioning. I never run on the street because of the hard surfaces and because going downhill is a killer for the knees. In the sixties even university PE people believed that full squats were bad for the knees. The study they based that idea on was flawed but people were doing half squats in those days. That was lunacy. I didn't see weight lifters with bad knees and they went low with huge weights. Jumping down off platforms at work can do damage. Squats actually help build up the knees. I always do full squats as deep as possible.

34 in waist at your height and weight is doing well. So, do you find you can build muscle or not?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #519 on: November 08, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
LOL at Basile's use of the words "safety fat"...There is no such thing...Anyone over the age of 50 with the amount of fat Basile has on his body is most likely a type II Diabetic or at the very least borderline. And what comes with that is stress kidneys and water retention which will with a measuring tape show a bigger calve and bicep...Clean up your diet Basile.

Haven't you heard of a sense of humour? In the gym no one is fat. They are merely bulky or off season. Safety fat is a concept that came from bodybuilders. The idea was to keep about 10 pounds over a lean condition just in case you got really sick. That way you didn't lose too much body mass and lost some fat instead. Smart move.

My health is fine. Diabetes or heart disease are to be avoided if possible but they do not run in my family.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #520 on: November 08, 2013, 03:48:55 PM »
Getting older has its limitations. Sooner or later we all start falling apart or have diminished capacities. The knees don't last on many people which is a pity. Long ago I learned when teaching PE that impacts on hard surfaces made my knees sore. The solution was to avoid running or playing sport on hard surfaces and to wear sports shoes that have cushioning. That wasn't so easy in the old days because Adidas and other manufacturers didn't make them for cushioning. I never run on the street because of the hard surfaces and because going downhill is a killer for the knees. In the sixties even university PE people believed that full squats were bad for the knees. The study they based that idea on was flawed but people were doing half squats in those days. That was lunacy. I didn't see weight lifters with bad knees and they went low with huge weights. Jumping down off platforms at work can do damage. Squats actually help build up the knees. I always do full squats as deep as possible.
34 in waist at your height and weight is doing well. So, do you find you can build muscle or not?

I've been advised by someone very highly educated and whose career centers on knee replacements that stress on the joint increases sharply past 90 degrees.

I gotta run tho so we'll have to skip the Big Debate.  Just putting it out there.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: November 08, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »

To answer your question, yes I can build muscle and have. My arms tend to top out at 17 1/4" when I work them regularly. My quads are a lot less responsive than they once were to weight training although my legs are strong. I suspect the fact that I have short legs helps as opposed to the fact that I have long arms which poses a problem for me when doing bench presses. This is also why my biceps are hard to develop as opposed the my triceps which come along nicely.

I did very little exercise of the type you mention. I did do some running on hard surfaces when I was much younger, like in my 20's and 30's. I have also long been an avid bicyclist. Riding a bicycle is low impact though. The knee surgery I recently had was for a torn meniscus. I have no idea how or when I tore it. I just know it hurt like shit. To hopefully help me build new cushioning, the orthopedist preformed micro-fracture surgery while he was already in there. It was all arthroscopic surgery which is minimally invasive. I've been told that it takes up to a year to fully recover from micro-fracture surgery. It has only been about 8 weeks since the surgery. I was on crutches for nearly a month.

As do a lot of folks as they age, I have arthritis. It is in my knees and my spine mostly. I have a little bit in my hands. I've heard that resistance training is beneficial in staving off the effects of arthritis. Let's hope this is true, because weight training is my favorite form of exercise.  

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #522 on: November 08, 2013, 04:06:02 PM »
To answer your question, yes I can build muscle and have. My arms tend to top out at 17 1/4" when I work them regularly. My quads are a lot less responsive than they once were to weight training although my legs are strong. I suspect the fact that I have short legs helps as opposed to the fact that I have long arms which poses a problem for me when doing bench presses. This is also why my biceps are hard to develop as opposed the my triceps which come along nicely.

I did very little exercise of the type you mention. I did do some running on hard surfaces when I was much younger, like in my 20's and 30's. I have also long been an avid bicyclist. Riding a bicycle is low impact though. The knee surgery I recently had was for a torn meniscus. I have no idea how or when I tore it. I just know it hurt like shit. To hopefully help me build new cushioning, the orthopedist preformed micro-fracture surgery while he was already in there. It was all arthroscopic surgery which is minimally invasive. I've been told that it takes up to a year to fully recover from micro-fracture surgery. It has only been about 8 weeks since the surgery. I was on crutches for nearly a month.

As do a lot of folks as they age, I have arthritis. It is in my knees and my spine mostly. I have a little bit in my hands. I've heard that resistance training is beneficial in staving off the effects of arthritis. Let's hope this is true, because weight training is my favorite form of exercise.  

I wonder about torn connective tissue. The weakest link idea probably applies there. So many people have problems with their knees. In Australia they have a woman's game called netball. The gals stop suddenly all the time and often play on road like surfaces. Many end up needing knee surgery. Who knows when the damage is done or if things accumulate over the years.

Arthritis is another thing that is a worry. I am more or less free of that but my fingers do feel stiff at times. Who doesn't have a sore back from time to time! At 20 we feel invincible and don't listen to stories about the dangers of lifting weights. I paid the price because I tore my right biceps doing a 509 pound deadlift when I was about 35. Curses. I never could totally straighten my arms so maybe that contributed. Nowadays I tell people to avoid dead lifts and never do less than 5 reps. They don't listen. If Ronnie Coleman does them then they do them. Lunacy. You would think that guys like me with 55 years experience bodybuilding would be listened to but muscleheads use their own brains which is foolhardy.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #523 on: November 08, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »

What the fuck did you just fucking say, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: November 08, 2013, 04:20:58 PM »
What the fuck did you just fucking say, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
and when you woke up,the bed was all wet of piss stains
n