Author Topic: Met a getbigger today...  (Read 5220 times)

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Met a getbigger today...
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:49:15 PM »
This older gentlemen comes in the store today and as I'm helping him he asks if I'm a bodybuilder, I admit to him I am and he tells me he's going to show me something... He reaches into his pants and grabs his....wallet, he opens it up and shows me a picture of him, he says "I used to look like you! This is me from 1953." He tells me he is 80 years old, the guy looked good for his age, he said he still lifts 4x a week. We started talking about Steve Reeves which led to today's thonged "champions", he said "Phil Heath, that guys disgusting." To which a agreed with, cool dude. Respect to the older generation.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: Met a getbigger today...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 07:56:45 PM »
then what happened

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 07:58:19 PM »
This older gentlemen comes in the store today and as I'm helping him he asks if I'm a bodybuilder, I admit to him I am and he tells me he's going to show me something... He reaches into his pants and grabs his....wallet, he opens it up and shows me a picture of him, he says "I used to look like you! This is me from 1953." He tells me he is 80 years old, the guy looked good for his age, he said he still lifts 4x a week. We started talking about Steve Reeves which led to today's thonged "champions", he said "Phil Heath, that guys disgusting." To which a agreed with, cool dude. Respect to the older generation.

Was it Basile?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »
I believe him , I felt the same way through my training life. I never took pictures because I was always hard on my self thinking I could do way better. I wish I had a picture of myself at 24 when I was ripped. I have so few pictures of my self when I was in my early 40's looking good. I was just so critical and hard on my self thinking wait till you really get it together. Now closing in on 60 I will never regain what I had and I wish at least I had some pictures. I have two pictures of me in decent shape with my shirt off for my whole life of training.

I see steroid junkies load up on pictures on cycle and they show people the pictures when they are off cycle looking like crap. One fat smooth guy was showing me a picture of him self all buffed out and I told him I don't need the picture you're right in front of me. He put his treasured picture back in his wallet and quickly changed topics.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 08:07:11 PM »
Was it Basile?

LOL. The last time I showed someone some bodybuilding photos was Vince Gironda in October 1968 at his gym. I had some photos developed of Arnold. So Vince tells me to fetch them from my car. When I did he said, "Hey, here's a guy who carries photos of guys in his wallet!" Vince was impressed with his own wit so he repeated what he said but louder so everyone in the gym could hear. For some reason I instantly disliked the guy and never showed photos of blokes to anyone since!

I still look big enough so don't have to resort to old photos to impress muscleheads.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 08:09:21 PM »
LOL. The last time I showed someone some bodybuilding photos was Vince Gironda in October 1968 at his gym. I had some photos developed of Arnold. So Vince tells me to fetch them from my car. When I did he said, "Hey, here's a guy who carries photos of guys in his wallet!" Vince was impressed with his own wit so he repeated what he said but louder so everyone in the gym could hear. For some reason I instantly disliked the guy and never showed photos of blokes to anyone since!

I still look big enough so don't have to resort to old photos to impress muscleheads.

I felt kind of sad reading that story... I need a drink

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 08:11:45 PM »

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 02:23:16 AM »

For some reason I instantly disliked the guy and never showed photos of blokes to anyone since!

So legendary Vince Gironda pissed all over you  ;D ;D

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 06:08:07 AM »

Fautz looks awesome there  :o

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 06:21:22 AM »

Oh boy...

?

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 06:46:22 AM »

So legendary Vince Gironda pissed all over you  ;D ;D

As you can see from getbig, Vince started getting respect in 1971 when he won the Mr. Canada

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 06:47:32 AM »
Do old people always carry photos of themselves when they were younger?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 06:57:17 AM »
Do old people always carry photos of themselves when they were younger?

Since I look better now, I used to carry a future picture of myself when was younger.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 07:00:57 AM »
As you can see from getbig, Vince started getting respect in 1971 when he won the Mr. Canada

LOL! "won" yeah... The competition was real strong that year, not sure how he did it but somehow he managed to...

Let's not forget an actual competitor was wearing pants. PANTS FFS man, dear lord...
?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 11:26:10 AM »
a tale of two vince's..... :D :D :D :D :D
F

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 12:07:37 PM »

Good story....the only false part was "wallet".... ;)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 03:46:04 PM »
a tale of two vince's..... :D :D :D :D :D

yeah, but mr.gironda was slim old man ...............other 1 (basile) is mega FAT  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 04:23:47 PM »

Basile, would love to come to Australia and take some pictures with you. PM me.
X

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »
I believe him , I felt the same way through my training life. I never took pictures because I was always hard on my self thinking I could do way better. I wish I had a picture of myself at 24 when I was ripped. I have so few pictures of my self when I was in my early 40's looking good. I was just so critical and hard on my self thinking wait till you really get it together. Now closing in on 60 I will never regain what I had and I wish at least I had some pictures. I have two pictures of me in decent shape with my shirt off for my whole life of training.

I see steroid junkies load up on pictures on cycle and they show people the pictures when they are off cycle looking like crap. One fat smooth guy was showing me a picture of him self all buffed out and I told him I don't need the picture you're right in front of me. He put his treasured picture back in his wallet and quickly changed topics.

wow. i just heard the exact same sentiments in a ric drasin video with roger collard recalling what art zeller was telling arnold

from 1:30

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 04:47:01 PM »
I felt kind of sad reading that story... I need a drink

I got a little misty eyed too  :'(
"

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »

Did he brag about crapping on groupies?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 04:59:09 PM »

I see what you did here.  :D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 05:00:51 PM »
I see what you did here.  :D

I am glad that somebody did.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 07:27:51 PM »
Basile, would love to come to Australia and take some pictures with you. PM me.

:D ;D 8)
 8) ;D ;)
 :) :D 8)

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 07:31:05 PM »
I am glad that somebody did.
I did too if it helps you sleep better tonight.