Author Topic: Alicia Keys: 'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other  (Read 11670 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Further proof that athletes and entertainers should not be talking about public policy . . . or anything other than music and movies. 

Alicia Keys: 'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other
Saturday, April 12, 2008

NEW YORK —  There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist.

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin"' and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350916,00.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Further proof that athletes and entertainers should not be talking about public policy . . . or anything other than music and movies. 

When large groups of military, political, university, and phds come fwd with a common idea, punks like you scoff and call it nonsense.

So, when a celebrity uses her platform to get an idea across, despite the fact that sheep like you will ignore it, maybe it'll get thru to the masses a bit better.

I think she's wrong here, but hey, it's good to see she's using her platform to facilitate a political discussion.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
She should blame her own stupidass people.

240, it's not good.. These people have enough excuses as it is. Can't fucking win with them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
She should blame her own stupidass people.

240, it's not good.. These people have enough excuses as it is. Can't fucking win with them.

well, there were lots of record label execs and marketing gurus who exploited the beef, encouraged it, and paid the rappers well to stage a battle of east/west to generate sales.

but the rappers chose to engage.

and the kids chose to listen.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
well, there were lots of record label execs and marketing gurus who exploited the beef, encouraged it, and paid the rappers well to stage a battle of east/west to generate sales.

but the rappers chose to engage.

and the kids chose to listen.

That's america. If they don't fucking want it, then they shouldn't be crazed about the lifestyle that it promotes.

Of course records are bought by whites and asians too, but you don't them doing crazy shit and wearing FUBU at age 30.  ;D

Alicia Keys has the burden of responsible behavior, and this nonsense of her's certainly isn't. How many black people will now find a new excuse? How many will strengthen their already existing excuses?

We need jaguarenterprise aka Louis Farrakhan's daughter to chime in!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin"' and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.

I'd be curious to know how she speaks of whites and this country in general behind closed doors.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I'd be curious to know how she speaks of whites and this country in general behind closed doors.

Me too, particularly given that she is half white. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V

Hmm.. sounds like someone in politics recently.  Can't put my finger on it...

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
shes hot.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
follow the arrows

240 is Back

• Getbig V

race is an issue addressed by ignorant folks who can't understand the economy or the war.

They prefer simple explanations like "wmd" and "they hate our freedom".

carry on, simp!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Man, she needs a good swift kick to the throat.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
race is an issue addressed by ignorant folks who can't understand the economy or the war.

They prefer simple explanations like "wmd" and "they hate our freedom".

carry on, simp!

Spend more time in a black community and tell me race isn't becoming MORE of an issue.

I wish Maryland was as far from a black/white racial epicenter as Florida.  Must be nice.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Spend more time in a black community and tell me race isn't becoming MORE of an issue.

I wish Maryland was as far from a black/white racial epicenter as Florida.  Must be nice.

i used to live in sarasota, one of the most racially segregated cities in america at the time. 

I agree it's more of an issue, especially with obama running.

My point is that it's only an issue to people who are stupid, petty, and who can't comprehend issues that matter.  Yes, there are a lot of people like that in the world, who care more about what color their neighbor is, than the fact their social secirity checks just got sent to china to fund an oil war.  They can't comprehend geopolitics or advanced economics, but they sure can follow "I hate that guy cause he's different".

All we do by debating race issues is perpetuate this ignorance.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

It has always been an issue.  That's why Obama made his race speech.  Not going away anytime soon.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
It has always been an issue.... 

... for stupid people.

Obama put it into his speech because the media, pandering to stupid viewers, made it an issue.

Obama, pandering to stupid voters who love race issues, made his speech.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V

... for stupid people.

Obama put it into his speech because the media, pandering to stupid viewers, made it an issue.

Obama, pandering to stupid voters who love race issues, made his speech.

No.. the cultural differences in the US that are causing serious and escalating problems are not stupid.  People who dislike anothers race might be. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
No.. the cultural differences in the US that are causing serious and escalating problems are not stupid. 

Cultural problems caused by ... ?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Such ugly things coming out of a beautiful face

War-Horse

• Getbig V
they should just listen to bill cosby and quit playing a victim.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
they should just listen to bill cosby and quit playing a victim.

exactly.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
That's america. If they don't fucking want it, then they shouldn't be crazed about the lifestyle that it promotes.

Of course records are bought by whites and asians too, but you don't them doing crazy shit and wearing FUBU at age 30.  ;D

What's so wrong with wearing FUBU at age 30?  ???

FUBU is simply about economic empowerment, ...along the same lines of Walmart's "Made in America",
(...before they started getting all their stuff from China & India), ...but didn't American's flock to Walmart for that?
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm with Alicia Keys on this one.

I can definitely see how it all was planned, if y'all look in the Sionist Protocol of the Elder, you can see, it's spelled out.

Clear as a day.

You people just can't handle the truth.

If Alicia "The Truth" Keys sales goes down, it's just another tell.

And if nothing happens, it's all because they are too smart to do something.

As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm with Alicia Keys on this one.

I can definitely see how it all was planned, if y'all look in the Sionist Protocol of the Elder, you can see, it's spelled out.

Clear as a day.

You people just can't handle the truth.

If Alicia "The Truth" Keys sales goes down, it's just another tell.

And if nothing happens, it's all because they are too smart to do something.

As empty as paradise

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Hedge, can you post that again? Didn't catch what you said the first 2 times.

I don't agree with the most of this. I must say most of the "beefs" were created and manipulated by the black rappers / music producers themselves to promote sales etc, kinda like wrestling.
الاسلام هو شيطانية