Author Topic: Alicia Keys: 'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other  (Read 11666 times)

KingCol

• Getbig II
 ::)  I don't know about this conspiracy theory but......  She is FINE!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Apr 15, 6:43 PM EDT

Alicia Keys says comments to magazine were 'misrepresented'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Alicia Keys says she's not a conspiracy theorist. In a statement issued Tuesday, Keys said she was clarifying "comments that were made during my recent Blender magazine interview since they have been misrepresented."

According to an interview in the magazine's May issue, the 27-year-old singer says: "`Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. `Gangsta rap' didn't exist." She also is quoted as saying that she wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead."

"We stand by our story," Blender spokeswoman Kate Cafaro told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

"My comments about `gangsta rap' were in no way trying to suggest that the government is responsible for creating this genre of rap music," Keys said in a statement issued by J Records. "The point that I was trying to make was that the term was oversloganized by some of the media causing reactions that were not always positive. Many of the `gangsta rap' lyrics articulate the problems of the artists' experiences and I think all of us, including our leaders, could be doing more to address these problems including drugs, gang violence, crime, and other related social issues."

As for the AK-47 remark, Keys said Tuesday that AK-47 is a nickname given to her by friends "as an acronym for Alicia Keys and a metaphor for wowing people with my music and performances, `killing 'em dead' on stage. The reference was in no way meant to have a literal, political or negative connotation."

When AP attempted to reach Keys last week about the Blender interview, her publicist, Theola Borden, said the singer was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

The multiplatinum star behind the hits "Fallin'" and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which has sold 3.4 million copies, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEOPLE_ALICIA_KEYS?SITE=HIHAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
OMFG.... the media twisted her words?!  :o

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Who cares what some dumb record bimbo says?

She's hot...

AK... do us a favor... shut up and stand there... You look better when you've got your mouth shut.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
exactly.

Is Saddam holding a Thompson SMG in your avatar?  ??? 8)
S

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Is Saddam holding a Thompson SMG in your avatar?  ??? 8)

i dont know i have no knowledge on guns.
i do know his hat is bullet proof.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
whats a BWB movie?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

... for stupid people.

Obama put it into his speech because the media, pandering to stupid viewers, made it an issue.

Obama, pandering to stupid voters who love race issues, made his speech.

kh300

• Getbig V
in all the killings ive seen and investigated. not one was ever commited using an ipod or a cd

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Black people have been killing each other long, long before gangsta rap was even introduced....and it isn't something unique within the United States.  It exists as a medium to easily lay blame upon......more akin to blaming Marilyn Manson, Doom, and Grand Theft Auto for school violence. 

I'll tell you why crime is particularly high within the black community, coming from someone who worked as a State Corrections Officer and a Probation Officer for 5 years, and has lived and worked amongst or directly adjacent to black communities in Broward County.   Ready for it?

Racism, Subsidies, and Human Warehousing.

Racism - Nope, not the perceived notions of a bunch of fat white guys smoking cigars in a backroom wearing cowboy hats.  The racism of today is more virulent and complicated.  Racism today comes in the form of Statism.  Statists include various politicians(mainly Democrats), the Congressional Black Caucus, NAACP, the Urban League, National Action Network, the Rainbow Coalition,Select Black Churches, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Jerome Wright.  These elitists believe that they alone hold the key to blacks' salvation to save them from(Insert here:  racists, bigots, government, the white man, the Man, etc....) perceived enemies.  Politicians do it primarily for votes, as pandering to blacks helps them to keep or gain large numbers of the voting bloc.  The "civil rights" groups and leaders do it because it makes them money and gives them power........power used largely to browbeat and hustle any major outlet that says anything remotely disparaging about blacks or what these groups are about.  The Statists want /i] racism to stay.

Subsidies - Like Ron Paul famously said, When You Subsidize something, You get More of It.  Affirmative Action, Welfare, Food Stamps, Racial Quotas, Housing Assistance, and other various handouts are literally destroying the black community.  We as a society need to take a step back and realize that inequalities will always naturally exist and that we must treat people as individuals and not as part of a group.  With these social programs that were developed largely by statists, they help to keep some members of the black community unmotivated to go out and do something on their own.  They'd rather have these members blame something superficial as racism all the while supporting and voting in the true racists that help to truly hold them back.

Human Warehousing -  "Tough on Crime" laws and mandates by politicians who cater to largely the richer, gated communities in their districts.  Nowadays, you can go to jail or prison on even the most minor of offenses.  This is affecting the black community greatly when it comes to incarceration rates as more and more children are growing up without a father figure in their life...and that father figure gets replaced by the streets.  You also take a salary out of that community which could have helped to revitalize it and/or keep it in competitive business.  Many of these offenses are minor transgressions, and black men are being sent to prison in droves for it.  It also doesn't help that many companies won't touch a person who has a criminal background which contributes to the high recidivism rates here in the US.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Fvcking A, JBGRAY, you nailed it.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Me too, particularly given that she is half white. 
It's like you told me, bro.....the one drop rule is something that is still in tact.  (and probably forever will be  :-\)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Black people have been killing each other long, long before gangsta rap was even introduced....and it isn't something unique within the United States.  It exists as a medium to easily lay blame upon......more akin to blaming Marilyn Manson, Doom, and Grand Theft Auto for school violence. 

I'll tell you why crime is particularly high within the black community, coming from someone who worked as a State Corrections Officer and a Probation Officer for 5 years, and has lived and worked amongst or directly adjacent to black communities in Broward County.   Ready for it?

Racism, Subsidies, and Human Warehousing.

Racism - Nope, not the perceived notions of a bunch of fat white guys smoking cigars in a backroom wearing cowboy hats.  The racism of today is more virulent and complicated.  Racism today comes in the form of Statism.  Statists include various politicians(mainly Democrats), the Congressional Black Caucus, NAACP, the Urban League, National Action Network, the Rainbow Coalition,Select Black Churches, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Jerome Wright.  These elitists believe that they alone hold the key to blacks' salvation to save them from(Insert here:  racists, bigots, government, the white man, the Man, etc....) perceived enemies.  Politicians do it primarily for votes, as pandering to blacks helps them to keep or gain large numbers of the voting bloc.  The "civil rights" groups and leaders do it because it makes them money and gives them power........power used largely to browbeat and hustle any major outlet that says anything remotely disparaging about blacks or what these groups are about.  The Statists want /i] racism to stay.

Subsidies - Like Ron Paul famously said, When You Subsidize something, You get More of It.  Affirmative Action, Welfare, Food Stamps, Racial Quotas, Housing Assistance, and other various handouts are literally destroying the black community.  We as a society need to take a step back and realize that inequalities will always naturally exist and that we must treat people as individuals and not as part of a group.  With these social programs that were developed largely by statists, they help to keep some members of the black community unmotivated to go out and do something on their own.  They'd rather have these members blame something superficial as racism all the while supporting and voting in the true racists that help to truly hold them back.

Human Warehousing -  "Tough on Crime" laws and mandates by politicians who cater to largely the richer, gated communities in their districts.  Nowadays, you can go to jail or prison on even the most minor of offenses.  This is affecting the black community greatly when it comes to incarceration rates as more and more children are growing up without a father figure in their life...and that father figure gets replaced by the streets.  You also take a salary out of that community which could have helped to revitalize it and/or keep it in competitive business.  Many of these offenses are minor transgressions, and black men are being sent to prison in droves for it.  It also doesn't help that many companies won't touch a person who has a criminal background which contributes to the high recidivism rates here in the US.

I would also tie the subsidies issue with a mentality of entitlement within the black community, which is made worse by those you call "statists."  Many blacks feel that white America "owes" them something for events long ago.  The same reason is cited for why they claim to be at a disadvantage when they actually have many advantages over any other ethnic group precisely due to those subsidies.  It's an excuse to do less, complain more, and ultimately do nothing to improve thier situation.  They don't HAVE to so they're not going to.

As for the warehousing issue you have a point.  Zero tolerance usually comes with zero intelligence.  But if they would stop the criminal behavior it is doubtful they'd be getting locked up.  Taking responsibility ranks somewhere between police and steady employment in these communities.  I work in almost nothing but low income black urban communities and I've never seen a larger group determined to take what is not thiers, disregard thier neighbors and thier families and just basically do whatever it takes to get instant gratification without earning anything.  And then you combine that mentality with heroin and cocaine and you have Baltimore.  It's disgusting.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
she can pee in my mouth.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
Alicia is absolutely correct. Also everyone should know that the Government also included subliminal messages in music that instructed certain people to trash their neighborhoods. Also they put something in Chitlin's and Grape Soda that makes people want to carjack you. Common knowleged that Black eyed peas have been implanted with a mind control device that makes "certain people" illegally acquire machine guns and gun people down while driving in a car. A favorite in Florida, among certain people is the desire to kill their infant children. In the last few months we've had 3 6 months or younger kids get their brains bashed in because they were crying too loudly and another tossed out a window of a car going 70 mph..all here in sunny west palm, Florida. Of course, it wasn't the fact that these people have a propensity for mayhem and violence, it was a mysterious chemical impregnated into the paper used to make welfare checks, that caused this. Don't you people know anything?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
Alicia is absolutely correct. Also everyone should know that the Government also included subliminal messages in music that instructed certain people to trash their neighborhoods. Also they put something in Chitlin's and Grape Soda that makes people want to carjack you. Common knowleged that Black eyed peas have been implanted with a mind control device that makes "certain people" illegally acquire machine guns and gun people down while driving in a car. A favorite in Florida, among certain people is the desire to kill their infant children. In the last few months we've had 3 6 months or younger kids get their brains bashed in because they were crying too loudly and another tossed out a window of a car going 70 mph..all here in sunny west palm, Florida. Of course, it wasn't the fact that these people have a propensity for mayhem and violence, it was a mysterious chemical impregnated into the paper used to make welfare checks, that caused this. Don't you people know anything?

ROTFL... nice! :D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.

I agree.

Alicia Keys is one of the few who actually is willing to speak about the big conspiracy.

She and Ron Paul!

Join the Alicia Ron Paul Revolution!!!

We all know that the government is cooperating with aliens, selling our souls for corn dogs.

It's disgusting.

But "the media" is trying to silence the "Ron Paul /Alicia" revolution.

That's why you can't see Ron Paul as a candidate on CNN's website. Or Alicia Keys on the Album chart.

Am I right? Am I right?  Am I right?
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
in all the killings ive seen and investigated. not one was ever commited using an ipod or a cd

You've obviously never heard me sing.  ;D
w

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Nah, jag, no record deals.  We've never recorded our own music, just play covers.  Getting a record deal is tough as hell and requires a lot more time, creativity, luck (and connections).  I know some fantastic musicians that tried, and even with all their talent, few make it.
I'm up in Cleveland...not sunny southern Calli   :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
It's like you told me, bro.....the one drop rule is something that is still in tact.  (and probably forever will be  :-\)

Sad but true mang. 

OneBigMan

This topic really stands out as a scapegoat type of stereotype that makes the reputation of gangsta rap seem to be able to find a excuse for what the term "black crime" is and has always been in the street loving attitude of african americans.

The truth in saying that comes from many of the rappers themselves who made themselves and their urban popularity equal to or greater than the african american activists who live off politics and race. Rappers make a living doing their exploitation of knowing how to be so ghetto such as the #To Pack who lived with his slogan called the thug life and turned his Las Vegas murder from the black on black crime created rap rivalry wars into actually being a profitable life after death legacy of being so thuggish and a rap angel instead of being a dismissed death after life tragedy from being a macho criminal.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
I would also tie the subsidies issue with a mentality of entitlement within the black community, which is made worse by those you call "statists."  Many blacks feel that white America "owes" them something for events long ago.  The same reason is cited for why they claim to be at a disadvantage when they actually have many advantages over any other ethnic group precisely due to those subsidies.  It's an excuse to do less, complain more, and ultimately do nothing to improve thier situation.  They don't HAVE to so they're not going to.

As for the warehousing issue you have a point.  Zero tolerance usually comes with zero intelligence.  But if they would stop the criminal behavior it is doubtful they'd be getting locked up.  Taking responsibility ranks somewhere between police and steady employment in these communities.  I work in almost nothing but low income black urban communities and I've never seen a larger group determined to take what is not thiers, disregard thier neighbors and thier families and just basically do whatever it takes to get instant gratification without earning anything.  And then you combine that mentality with heroin and cocaine and you have Baltimore.  It's disgusting.

Good post, man. The sad thing is that when someone makes these points they're automatically racist, or have adopted white supremist values.  ::) I live in NYC and I agree with you 100%.. Anyone who's lived in close proximity to large groups of black people knows that they pretty much disregard others, the law, and have no respect. They further destroy the neighborhood by working the civil jobs; which of course they get through affirmative action. Try going to the DMV in the ghetto.. You'll wonder how such people can exist in a civilized western nation.. That's the ghetto for you, and it's created by the very people living in it, and not by whitey, jews or anybody else.

The place I live in now has gotten loads better since the last decade or so, thanks to an influx of hard working immigrants, an economic boom, and many blacks being pushed out due to increased prices in housing. The blacks remaining pretty much turn the apartment complexes they live in into shit, cause all the crime, and ruin the public schools. There's like a divide between a place called Hillside avenue; as you go up north you see no black people, but once you go past Hillside it's all blacks.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
Good post, man. The sad thing is that when someone makes these points they're automatically racist, or have adopted white supremist values.  ::) I live in NYC and I agree with you 100%.. Anyone who's lived in close proximity to large groups of black people knows that they pretty much disregard others, the law, and have no respect. They further destroy the neighborhood by working the civil jobs; which of course they get through affirmative action. Try going to the DMV in the ghetto.. You'll wonder how such people can exist in a civilized western nation.. That's the ghetto for you, and it's created by the very people living in it, and not by whitey, jews or anybody else.

The place I live in now has gotten loads better since the last decade or so, thanks to an influx of hard working immigrants, an economic boom, and many blacks being pushed out due to increased prices in housing. The blacks remaining pretty much turn the apartment complexes they live in into shit, cause all the crime, and ruin the public schools. There's like a divide between a place called Hillside avenue; as you go up north you see no black people, but once you go past Hillside it's all blacks.

Thanks.  It's nice to hear that a place has "gotten better" as you say.  It's rare to ever hear that around here.

OneBigMan

What you said realistically summaries why african americans are in the syndrome of what "acting black" means to them and willing to be very ghetto. The only people that benefit from all of this is the rap artists that make themselves money by showing what the glory of urban life is like to them in their music videos. I never understood when or how poverty became a valid reason for the type of criminal behavior that makes police officers such as the ones that risk their lives in the streets of so many street blocks in New York.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
CJ, what I gathered from your post is that you live(d) in the ghetto. What do you expect from a ghetto?
That's why it's called a ghetto. Get out of the ghetto, and you won't see so much ghetto.
It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with low socio-economic status, poverty & ignorance, factors that predominate in a ghetto

Ever been to Rodeo Rd. in Cali? That area is predominantly all Black.
Have a visit sometime. It might open your eyes somewhat, ...or maybe not?
w