Author Topic: marlon brando - hollywoods most handsome leading man, ever ?  (Read 53660 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: marlon brando - hollywoods most handsome leading man, ever ?
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »
Thanks, Brad, but here is a real sick one that will mess with your mind a bit.

This actually happened to Jon Erik Hexum and it shook up Hollywood for a good long time.

Jon was a promising new star and he arrived on the Fox lot to film a scene lying in bed on Stage 18.  He was playing around with a .44 Magnum prop gun. At around 5:15 p.m. he put the pistol (according to witnesses, it was loaded with three empty cartridges and two blanks) up to his right temple.

Just before he pulled the trigger he smiled, and said, "Let's see if I got myself with this one." He was apparently unaware that at close range, a blank can cause great damage. And damage it was. The explosion drove a quarter-sized piece of his skull far into his brain. Turns out that the blank was packed with paper inside, and it went straight into his temple and made a bone chip lodge in his brain.  Killed by paper.

A witness account: "John smiled and pulled the trigger. There was a loud bang and a bright flash, then black smoke. Jon screamed in agony, then looked kind of amazed as he slumped back onto the bed with blood streaming from a severe head wound. It was horrible."

I'll see if I can find his photo ...

Just goes to show that handsome does not necessarily equal smart.