Author Topic: since my delts are really under developed, what am i doing wrong?  (Read 108798 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: since my delts are really under developed, what am i doing wrong?
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2013, 03:01:53 PM »
I can't help but to like A-halo, but you're right.

IMHO, a proper shoulder routine doesn't need tons of volume.  If you've not stimulated the fuck out of your front delts from training pecs with flats and/or inclines, you've obviously pulled a Jenova and done something terribly wrong :(  Medial delts = high pulls, some manner of lateral raises.  Rear delts -- lots of face pulls, rear delt machine shit and ultra wide-grip BB rows to the chest.  Work in some John Meadows stuff and a weekly session of Reeves deads and your shoulders won't suck for long.

Increased training frequency will help to a point, but as a rule of thumb, the more often you train a bodypart, the fewer to-failure sets you should do (IMO).  In other words, if you can do DB presses with a pair of 110s and fail at the 8 rep mark, stop at six reps.  

Hope that helps at least a little.  

Solid post. I follow John Meadows as well, inspiring Youtube channel.

I can't remember when I did more than 3 exercises for my delts. I train them very strict, constant tension, mostly DB raises, each head 2-3 sets max, 4-5 times a week (yes, frequency rocks!).

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »
yes everytime i want to up it you come along to remind me about hairloss

Sorry mate ;D
More test will make you bigger, but more bloated as well. Why not throw a second compound in the mix, like mast or bold?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2013, 03:07:29 PM »
Sorry mate ;D
More test will make you bigger, but more bloated as well. Why not throw a second compound in the mix, like mast or bold?
fuck i'm just gonna click out of this thread before nuclear meltdown

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2013, 03:11:30 PM »
Well speed up your rest times bro...it's a DELT WORKOUT....not a heavy squat/deadlift day. 60 second rest periods max, leave with a monster pump in 40 mins. Step up your intensity and get some shit done and go home.
Hit the nail on the Head...the delts should be pumped up and worked hard...yes..with tri sets and supersets. or as Chiro said running the rack. Remember your delts are punished with all sorts of benches and Dips..ever had a shoulder injury? try doing benches or Dips. The shoulders are so key but so prone to injury. Chiro...outstanding advice ! ;)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2013, 03:14:18 PM »
Hit the nail on the Head...the delts should be pumped up and worked hard...yes..with tri sets and supersets. or as Chiro said running the rack. Remember your delts are punished with all sorts of benches and Dips..ever had a shoulder injury? try doing benches or Dips. The shoulders are so key but so prone to injury. Chiro...outstanding advice ! ;)

Thanks brother  8)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »
nope

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2013, 03:16:31 PM »
Thanks brother  8)
no probs ..praise where itīs due ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
fuck i'm just gonna click out of this thread before nuclear meltdown

You will come back..

Edit: I was right

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »
Some people have small unresponsive to training calves, some people have small delts.
Even pro bodybuilders on shitloads of drugs can have weak bodyparts.
They try to compensate by injecting oil in there.
Like Nassoil El Soiledmanty

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2013, 03:56:18 PM »
Some people have small unresponsive to training calves, some people have small delts.
Even pro bodybuilders on shitloads of drugs can have weak bodyparts.
They try to compensate by injecting oil in there.

i thought delts were always responding to drugs

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2013, 04:03:31 PM »
i thought delts were always responding to drugs

Yes, broscientists say that there are a lot of androgen receptors in the shoulders.

But not everyone would have the same amount of androgen receptors in various muscles.

There are some people born with a disorder known as "androgen insensitivity syndrome" where they have weak or no response to steroids.

I'd say there is a wide variance on androgen receptor density and sensitivity in humans. Kevine Levrone is one who would have good androgen receptor genes.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2013, 04:34:16 PM »
maybe i have more hair than you do

you seem to be really pre occupied with hairloss

people without hairloss or at least unaware of their hairloss hardly notice threads about hairloss

they glance over them not even noticing them

you sound like a closet balder

"Closet balder" is hysterical!

Maybe it is because I started going bald in my teens or maybe it is because my head has an okay shape, but what's the issue with being bald? I embrace it, always have. What little hair there is up there I buzz off with the electric shaver a couple of times a week. It costs me nearly nothing to maintain my lack of hair.

When I don't want to be bald....like when it is really cold out, I throw on a hat.

I don't begrudge people with a full head of hair. Even though I would probably look really weird with hair, I think it might be fun sometimes to have a full head of curly hair (mine was straight). The only thing guys with hair have over guys without hair is the ability to change their hairstyle. And how fortunate is it that bald is and has been in style for sometime now.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2013, 04:54:50 PM »
"Closet balder" is hysterical!

Maybe it is because I started going bald in my teens or maybe it is because my head has an okay shape, but what's the issue with being bald? I embrace it, always have. What little hair there is up there I buzz off with the electric shaver a couple of times a week. It costs me nearly nothing to maintain my lack of hair.

When I don't want to be bald....like when it is really cold out, I throw on a hat.

I don't begrudge people with a full head of hair. Even though I would probably look really weird with hair, I think it might be fun sometimes to have a full head of curly hair (mine was straight). The only thing guys with hair have over guys without hair is the ability to change their hairstyle. And how fortunate is it that bald is and has been in style for sometime now.

"Closet balder" is great :D
Good to read a relativistic "I've been there" post. A'halo is a good dude, but also a cry boy that can't accept things as they happen.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2013, 05:07:25 PM »
"Closet balder" is great :D
Good to read a relativistic "I've been there" post. A'halo is a good dude, but also a cry boy that can't accept things as they happen.

I'll admit I was pretty upset when my "surfer hairstyle" started going at 16 years old. By the time I was 22 years old, I no longer missed it. I might have cried a time or two back then....although I have always been pretty pragmatic about things.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »
I'll admit I was pretty upset when my "surfer hairstyle" started going at 16 years old. By the time I was 22 years old, I no longer missed it. I might have cried a time or two back then....although I have always been pretty pragmatic about things.
I'll keep my hair until the next day if possible.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2013, 06:22:23 PM »
Thanks brother  8)

I totally agree with this, I usually do GVT for delts for pressing and never go heavy, lots of volume and constant tension.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »
I totally agree with this, I usually do GVT for delts for pressing and never go heavy, lots of volume and constant tension.

Yes absolutely! Delts aren't a primary mover like quads or chest....they are designed for circumduction, NOT for moving heavy loads. Therefore I believe in training them differently than you would your big muscle groups. I shake my head when I see these poor kids trying to 1RM on barbell military press and not seeing one bit of growth from their delts  :-\

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2013, 06:38:28 PM »
Yes absolutely! Delts aren't a primary mover like quads or chest....they are designed for circumduction, NOT for moving heavy loads. Therefore I believe in training them differently than you would your big muscle groups. I shake my head when I see these poor kids trying to 1RM on barbell military press and not seeing one bit of growth from their delts  :-\

Lol yes, usually cheating too much weight on standing presses too which are 50% technique and not a pure delt exercise

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »
stop being a fucktard man,

do rotator  cuff movements 1st and get all warmed up. do some laterals to get warm

one press movement
side lateral
bent lateral
and shrugs

do one to two real sets to failure after a few warm up sets for each exercise. done

hth

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2013, 08:14:39 PM »
Gotta do dem triple drop set lateral raises 'down the rack' like good ole Ronnie used to do.

Seriously though, these make my delts explode. (heaviest weight I use is 25lb DBs....if you're using more weight than that, you're probably not doing it right.
Drop set laterals give a huge pump.

I've seen other women use the 25's, no reason for you to be embarrassed.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »
Drop set laterals give a huge pump.

I've seen other women use the 25's, no reason for you to be embarrassed.

Your body is shaped like a penis.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2013, 11:59:31 PM »
I'll keep my hair until the next day if possible.

Normally I don't throw out my experience as the be all end all because there are usually variables to any experience. If you hair starts to go and it is from male pattern baldness, accept it. There is nothing you can do about it that makes any sense what-so-ever.

I authored a college thesis paper on the available remedies or "fixes" for baldness. In researching various " baldness remedies" for the paper I interviewed everyone from wig makers to cosmetic surgeons who specialized in things like scalp reduction and hair plugs as well as people who picked some of these options.

You will go broke buying Rogaine and at the end of the day, your hair will still fall out. The most inventive remedy I discovered in my adventures into this subject was a fellow who had his bald head tattooed with colorful tattoos. This might not be the best idea for everyone, but it sure beats gluing a rug on your head or wearing a wig. As I mentioned before, my choice is a collection of hats which I wear whenever I don't feel like being bald. At least it is an honest solution.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2013, 12:12:55 AM »

Wow, already at that young age. You're building confidence, meet girls... and find out you're losing hair :-\
Yeah it's all about attitude, better to accept things as they come..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2013, 12:17:42 AM »
Wow, already at that young age. You're building confidence, meet girls... and find out you're losing hair :-\
Yeah it's all about attitude, better to accept things as they come..

Think about it this way; if you had to choose between losing your hair or losing your dick, which would it be? See, losing your hair isn't so bad is it?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2013, 12:26:36 AM »
Seated lateral raises at medium/lower weight for higher reps and sets seems to work best for me.