Author Topic: Obama: U.S. Ready for Black President  (Read 9575 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama: U.S. Ready for Black President
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2007, 07:38:39 AM »
ps - How's the hammock? We've been downright balmy today. Had a high temperature of minus 5,
and tomorrow, we're expected to reach a high of 0 degrees. It's beginning to feel downright tropical.  :D

The hammock is good.   ;D  Although we had a near incident the other day.  My son thought the cats "shee shee'd" on my hammock (they didn't), so he put it outside . . . in the rain.   :o   >:(  I was not happy.  We had a long talk where I explained the importance of my hammock and how, next to my girlfriend (i.e., my big screen T.V.), it is my most prized possession.  I only threatened him once or twice.  We now have an understanding.   ;D

Oh, at 0-dark-thirty this morning it is currently 70 degrees.  Today's high will be a frosty 79.   :D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2007, 08:42:29 AM »
The hammock is good.   ;D  Although we had a near incident the other day.  My son thought the cats "shee shee'd" on my hammock (they didn't), so he put it outside . . . in the rain.   :o   >:(  I was not happy.  We had a long talk where I explained the importance of my hammock and how, next to my girlfriend (i.e., my big screen T.V.), it is my most prized possession.  I only threatened him once or twice.  We now have an understanding.   ;D

Oh, at 0-dark-thirty this morning it is currently 70 degrees.  Today's high will be a frosty 79.   :D

Around 68 here... Gotta love warm weather... I will never move back to the snow again!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2007, 09:51:32 AM »
Y'all can try to rub it in all you want, ...but after the month long arctic freeze we've been under, todays weather is downright balmy. It rose even higher than expected. It is a tropical +4 degrees right now, ...people are running around without their jackets... and for the first time in a few weeks... I can actually step outside without my balaclava.  :D  I'm stoked!!! They say it's going to rise to possibly +8 degrees by Sunday - veritable T-shirt weather for the slightly insane Caknuckleheads more hearty Canucks  :D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »
Around 68 here... Gotta love warm weather... I will never move back to the snow again!

Agree.  I've only spent a few years in cold weather and I HATED it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2007, 10:10:21 AM »
Y'all can try to rub it in all you want, ...but after the month long arctic freeze we've been under, todays weather is downright balmy. It rose even higher than expected. It is a tropical +4 degrees right now, ...people are running around without their jackets... and for the first time in a few weeks... I can actually step outside without my balaclava.  :D  I'm stoked!!! They say it's going to rise to possibly +8 degrees by Sunday - veritable T-shirt weather for the slightly insane Caknuckleheads more hearty Canucks  :D

Sucks for you.   :)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2007, 10:13:24 AM »

What kind of lunatic would live in Canada?  ::)

The high today here will be in the low 70's.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2007, 10:14:26 AM »
Yesterday was like 25 and today is 44.  ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2007, 12:06:40 PM »
No, they misuse the Bible to say blacks are an inferior race.  The Bible doesn't say any such thing. 

It's their 'religion', though, right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2007, 12:08:24 PM »
It's their 'religion', though, right?

It's their contortion of the Bible.  American slavery and the alleged inferiority of blacks is neither mentioned nor endorsed by the Bible.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2007, 12:10:05 PM »
It's their contortion of the Bible.  American slavery and the alleged inferiority of blacks is neither mentioned nor endorsed by the Bible.   

Most people say it's all about the 'interpretation' of the Bible don't they?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2007, 12:29:02 PM »
Most people say it's all about the 'interpretation' of the Bible don't they?

Yes lots of people say that.  There is black, white, and gray in the Bible.  The lack of endorsement of American slavery falls into the black/white category.  It ain't there. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2007, 02:46:48 PM »
Yes lots of people say that.  There is black, white, and gray in the Bible.  The lack of endorsement of American slavery falls into the black/white category.  It ain't there. 

That is certainly your opinion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2007, 04:13:36 PM »
That is certainly your opinion.

Actually, it's a fact.  But I read the Bible a lot and if you want to share where the Bible endorsed American slavery I'm all ears.   :) 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2007, 10:44:51 PM »
Actually, it's a fact.  But I read the Bible a lot and if you want to share where the Bible endorsed American slavery I'm all ears.   :) 

Oh lord... They didn't endorse Worshipping the virgin Mary, but Christians do that all the time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2007, 11:34:21 PM »
Oh lord... They didn't endorse Worshipping the virgin Mary, but Christians do that all the time.

???  I thought we were talking about whether the Bible endorsed American slavery?  You got a verse or two?  I'll read them. 

Catholics worship the Virgin Mary.  You won't find that in the Bible either.   :)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2007, 03:46:14 AM »
Is it ignorant to think that if you help vote a black man or any woman into the highest position on earth that you would be helping in their suicide in todays world?...Regardless if they have the right mind to hold such a position...Do you think that you are making the world a safer place in doing so?...

I certainly don't...If obama was to be elected, i wouldn't give him more then 10 months before his assassination...A president is a world leader...Even if we were ready for it here in the states, those on the outside probably aren't..

Anytime a president gets killed...It hurts our country and the world...I couldn't imagine just how the black community would react if a black president was taken out...I think it would have the potential to divide the races of the planet even more so...

In a perfect world color shouldn't matter...The last thing i would ever want to see is any president of ours be taken out...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2007, 10:47:09 AM »
???  I thought we were talking about whether the Bible endorsed American slavery?  You got a verse or two?  I'll read them. 

Catholics worship the Virgin Mary.  You won't find that in the Bible either.   :)

Catholics are Christians (the oldest group actually).

I'm just making a point that just because it is or is not in the bible, doesn't mean that things are not done in the name of Christianity all of the time... I'm not saying that Christianity is in and of itself wrong, I'm just saying that misuse as you put it, is still use.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2007, 11:23:07 PM »
Catholics are Christians (the oldest group actually).

I'm just making a point that just because it is or is not in the bible, doesn't mean that things are not done in the name of Christianity all of the time... I'm not saying that Christianity is in and of itself wrong, I'm just saying that misuse as you put it, is still use.

Depends on who you talk to.  Lots of Protestants don't consider Catholics to be Christians. 

I think we agree on the use/misuse of Christianity by individuals to try and justify bad deeds.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007, 12:56:52 AM »
Sucks for you.   :)

Yep, ...especially today... it just started out all wrong and went downhill from there.

I spent a few hours dicking around between HP, Staples, Lexmark to locate one of 2 printer models,
Then I went to the bank only to discover a major error in my account. Wasted an hour getting it sorted out, ...then in an effort to help the environment, I took public transit to the store, and the bus left early, so I had to wait 10 mins for the next one... the next one was 10 mins late. He pulled in literally 10 seconds before the bus that was scheduled to arrive 10 mins after him pulled in. Got into a fight on the bus... wasn't fun. Then the wife of the man I had the fight with ended up crying on my shoulders... wasn't fun. Picked up my printer. Popped next door to check out the new Walmart SuperCentre only to be practically accosted by the geriatric greeter at the front door. I shot her a look that thankfully froze her in her tracks. It is staffed by morons... no one even knew what certain things were. So now I'm picking up a few items... and I get into a fight at the Express Check Out desk. {sigh} That didn't end so well for the other woman. She was humiliated when I called her a BITCH, and her husband just stood there doing nothing. She was even more humiliated when after I finished checking out, I pulled her husband aside and told him "If I upset or offended you by calling your wife a bitch, I want you to know I'm sorry for any offense I may have caused you". His response... "No offense here... she is a bitch! It's about time she heard it from someone else."  :D

So now I'm on my way out the store, and I walk through the door, ...the security alarm goes off... turns out it goes off for everyone trying to exit. Now the temperature has dropped markedly... and the wind has kicked in, ...and poor me left my balaclava at home. As I'm walking through the parking lot, ...I see the bus going by, and I'm too far away to get the drivers attention. I resolved myself to simply catch the next one. As luck would have it... the wind was so strong... it billowed the bag like a sail, and literally blew my printer off the bench... of course the bags went billowing out into traffic. I wasn't about to follow. I look up, and finally, relief is in sight. I see a bus approaching in the distance. As it got closer, ...I was able to read the scrolling LED display that clearly said "Not In Service"  ::) Oh ya... I'm really having fun at this point. After what seemed like an eternity, a working bus came along. It wasn't the right route #, but that was ok, it simply meant I'd have to make an additional transfer. no problem. So now I get to transfer point, and transfer onto the next leg of my journey. I realize that if this bus doesn't meet up with my next bus... I'd be stuck waiting out in the cold for 35 mins til the next one came along. I checked the schedules... it was gonna be tight. There was another woman who wanted to make the same transfer as well, so we asked the driver if she could call ahead to get the other bus to wait a few minutes for the transfers. We all heard the announcement from dispatch loud & clear instructing the driver of that route to wait to meet us, ...but when we got to the transfer point... the bus wasn't there. So now... I'm pissed. Usually, there are at least a dozen cab drivers waiting around that corner, ...but tonight... not a cab in sight. So I've reconciled to wait the 30 minutes for the bus. When it finally arrived, I was overjoyed... til I got on. The only seat available was next to a young man who had the unmistakeble odour of curry seeping out every pore. I almost vomited it was so pungent... That was 5 hours ago, ...and I can still smell the curry.  :-X Screw the environment. In this weather, I'm gonna be driving, without any guilt whatsoever. The temperatures and inconsistent public transit schedules demand it!

The good part of the day... I didn't do a lick of work in my business, but still racked up over $141,000 in sales, I got my printer, and I arrived home in time to catch our corporate update call. Our dynamometer test results are finally in. YIPPEE!!!! Oh ya, ...and I sneeked another peek at the little chicklet Milania. very soothing.  :)

Oh good grief, ...I'm beginning to sound like Linda.  :o  This is going to be a very interesting week.
I think I might simply pull the covers over my head, and stay in bed all week with lots of chocolate.

sorry... just had to vent... not that you care, ...but I had to vent.
OK gotta go, gotta get into my happy place again. I need to do a feng shui makeover of my house.

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2007, 01:00:02 AM »

What kind of lunatic would live in Canada?  ::)

The high today here will be in the low 70's.

{giggle}  Ya baby keep knocking it... if things keep going the way they're going,
...you just might be one of the next batch of American refugees flocking to this side of the border.  ;)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2007, 07:22:30 AM »
sorry... just had to vent... not that you care,

There is a lot I could do with that line.   ;D  Doesn't sound like a bad day at all if you ended with six figures in sales.  Pretty darn good I'd say. 

And you better be careful confronting people in public.  There are crazy folks walking among us.  Cool that hot blood sista.   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »
There is a lot I could do with that line.   ;D  Doesn't sound like a bad day at all if you ended with six figures in sales.  Pretty darn good I'd say.

Well that was the good part.  :) 

I expect it to get even better. There was a Imperial oil refinery fire that took place a little while agao, and there is a shortage of fuel. Coupled with the CN railroad strike, they can't get any fuel here, so there are gas stations all of Ontario without gas. This isn't limited to Esso stations either, ...now it appears Petro Canada is upping it's prices as well. We're quickly approaching the record highs we experienced last spring, ...and all the other oil companies are raising their prices to follow suit. Increases of close to 83 ¢ a gallon overnight.

This is just the beginning too. Wait til Bush invades Iran, and Saudi Arabia starts providing support to the Sunnis, you're going to see the world's 3 largest oil producers Iran, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia engulfed in War. This leaves North America's supply at the kindness and mercy of Venezuela and Nigeria. we all know how much Hugo Chavez loves Bush. Thank Goodness he doesn't have the same animosity for the American people. Nigeria is also experiencing it's own challenges as well, due to militants who want to nationalize Nigerian oil.  Last spring will seem like a picnic in comparison... and it's only the beginning.

And you better be careful confronting people in public.  There are crazy folks walking among us.  Cool that hot blood sista.   :)

Ya I know. I considered that, ...especially since this woman looked like she could seriously kick my ass without breaking a sweat. She could just as easily been mistaken for a man, ...but I just couldn't help it. When I see a child being abused I have to speak up. I kept quiet for as long as I could...but couldn't take it anymore.

This troglodyte looking woman gets on the bus with a double baby carriage, you know the kind that hold 2 babies, a toddler below and a newborn above. I call her a troglodyte because she literally looked like those drawings of Cro-magnon man. The low hairline, long stringy hair, the overly protruding brow-bone... massive incisors... I swear she looked like a pre-historic cave woman. She was carrying the toddler in her arms, who was crying his eyes out. His poor little foot was frozen. He wasn't wearing one of his shoes, and I could see his little sock was all wet. His mom had the shoe in her hand. She couldn't be bothered to put it back on his foot. It was below zero out, ...my feet were unbearably cold, but mine were covered and weren't wet. He was in pain, and she couldn't be bothered to put his little shoe back on his foot. She just ignored his cries. Then this guy got up and offered her his seat. She ignored him like he wasn't even there, and hadn't even spoken a word at all. She was either deaf or zoned out, ...and she obviously wasn't deaf because she kept hitting her son and telling him to shut up. Then 2 women got up, and she took the seat in front of me, and placed her son next to her. Throughout this time, it was like the only thing she heard was her son's crying, because she would occassionally smack him and tell him to shush or to shut up. Anyway, she finally get's around to putting his shoe back on his little foot again. Then she zoned out. He continued to cry, she slapped him, and handed him his bottle. still he continued to cry. Every time few minutes she would smack the child and tell him to shut up. Finally I couldn't take it any longer. I said "He's crying for a reason! You'd get far better results if you found out what he needed and gave it to him rather than simply hitting him and telling him to shut up!" She completely ignored me, like I wasn't even there, and hadn't even spoken. Then all of a sudden, a thin wiry looking guy from the back of the bus appeared in front of the kid... and said "There's nothing wrong with him ... he's always like that." I was beyond amazed because for the second time in one day I saw what appeared to be another prehistoric Cro magnon in front of my eyes. No joke. This guy also looked like a cave man, ...only he was a Black cave man. The woman was white, ...and her kids were so light skinned they looked white too, but upon closer inspection, i could see the little boy was the spitting image of his father, ...except with caucasian looking skin. The little boy reached out to him, and he picked the baby up and walked back to his seat. The father started hugging him, rocking him, speaking lovingly to him and gave him his bottle... and the little guy calmed down, stopped crying and drank away at his bottle, contentedly in his Daddy's arms.

20 minutes of tranquil quiet goes by, and all of a sudden out of the blue, the father starts screaming at me, calling me a nosy bitch and I should mind my own business. You don't know me, you don't know my son, you don't know my wife,... how dare you talk about my kid... blah blah blah... The whole bus including myself knew this was a guilty conscience talking...but I just ignored him. He was screamy bloody murder... and at one point... I simply turned to him, smiled and asked? Do you have a problem? That seemed to irritate him even more. It was at that point, I spotted the third child who was sitting with his father completely oblivious to the ruckkus going on and the screaming of his father. Even the toddler in his arms was oblivious and contendtedly sucking away at his bottle unfazed. Those kids were obviously used to it. I looked in front of me to his wife... and the woman was zoned out. It was almost as if she was heavily tranquilized, but I could tell by her movements and how she checked on the newborn in the top of the carriage that she was not tranquilized, just deliberately zoned out.  I put it all together at that point. This woman's life was a living hell,  and she zoned out as a coping mechanism. I began to feel very sorry for her, because I remember when they got on the bus, I had no idea this guy was her husband and that they were even together, because he didn't help her with the carriage at all. she struggled to get it on by herself, and when he got on, he found a seat immediately, while she stood for a while.

Well wouldn't you know... as luck would have it, they were getting off at the same stop as me. The bus comes to a stop, hubby gets off through the back doors, and is halfway across the parking lot before the wife is even able to get near the front exit door. Everyone jumped in front of her because they didn't want to be held up as she tried to maneuver the carriage off. I was one of the last people to exit because I was trying to find out from the driver where the stop was to get the bus westbound for my return trip. It was my first time at this location. Anyway...everyone is rushing to get off the bus, and no one offers to help her... except me. I asked her if she needed a hand with the carriage. She ignored me like I wasn't even there and hadn't even spoken. This woman was in sooo much pain. I decided I was going to help her anyway. I helped her get the carriage off the bus, and when we got it off, I looked up at her and gave her an empathetic smile and added, ...it must be very stressful raising 3 kids. Big uh-oh. That's when she broke down in tears. Her life is a living hell. She's got 3 kids all under 5, and she's married to an absolute asshole. She spends so much energy protecting herself emotionally, she has nothing left for her kids. While I feel sorry for her, ...the kid is the #1 priority. I hope she gets the help she needs, and learns to deal with her situation, cause if she doesn't, I can see her abusing those kids in the future.

As for the woman at the Express Check-Out, ...she started it. All I wanted to do was check out and leave. She shows up with more than 8 items and starts berating the cashier into checking her out. I couldn't give a poop if the cashier chose to do it, ...I just wanted to finish my transaction so I could go and catch the bus. So I asked the cashier to please continue checking me out and deal with her after you're done with me. That's when she tells me to mind my own business. As far as I was concerned, I wasn't talking to her I was talking to the cashier who had interrupted my check out to argue with her. she wanted to get  all into it with me, despite my not saying a thing to her, and her husband telling her to be quiet. finally her husband decided it wasn't worth it, he walked away from the express check-out since the cashier had stopped ringing in items, and there was a line forming behind him with other people extremely irate that this woman expected to check out a cartful of groceries at the 8 items or less counter. Then she started getting all racial on me. There were a few good comments I could have made to shut her up, ...but the cashier as well as a few other customers shared the same ethnicity, and i didn't feel it would have been right to sink to her level, and in the process offend all of them as well. So I just looked her straight in the face focused the energy, and called her bitch. That did it... it was like I had punched her in the gut. She literally took a step back and started to tremble... then she got pretty quiet after that. Oh well.... I knew I was letting the energy go as I did it, ...but as far as I was concerned, she was not worth the effort to keep it inside, ...so I let it go. It met it's target dead centre. Oh well... That's life and I'm not perfect... although I'm pretty darned close.  :P 
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2007, 11:20:22 PM »
Quite a trip you had.   :)  And these are those friendly Canadians you've talked about?   :-\  I would never get into a verbal confrontation in public with a stranger.  I still think you're taking a huge risk.  I see nothing wrong with what you said in both instances, but you may justifiably correct someone who goes postal on you or follows you home.  You better take up martial arts if you're going to be confronting people. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2007, 11:42:41 PM »
Quite a trip you had.   :)  And these are those friendly Canadians you've talked about?   :-\  I would never get into a verbal confrontation in public with a stranger.  I still think you're taking a huge risk.  I see nothing wrong with what you said in both instances, but you may justifiably correct someone who goes postal on you or follows you home.  You better take up martial arts if you're going to be confronting people. 

I hear ya, ...and I normally mind my own business... but this woman was sitting directly across from me with the baby, ...and it just broke my heart to see his little tear streaked face, and hearing him cry. He literally had salt stains on his cheeks from his tears. And listening to her growl & snarl as she smacked him was too much to bear. She literally growled at the kid. All the little guy needed was a hug, his bottle, and some loving words. Babies unable to speak are the most vulnerable members of our society and need to be protected. If their primary caregiver isn't doing it, ...it's our responsibility to stand up and speak for them when they're unable to do it for themselves. It's so frustrating for me to understand the cries of babies, and watching their needs go unfulfilled, ...having to stand by while they get smacked for trying to communicate in the only way they know how is not something I care to do. I can still see his little lip quivering.  :'(
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2007, 12:04:08 AM »
I hear ya, ...and I normally mind my own business... but this woman was sitting directly across from me with the baby, ...and it just broke my heart to see his little tear streaked face, and hearing him cry. He literally had salt stains on his cheeks from his tears. And listening to her growl & snarl as she smacked him was too much to bear. She literally growled at the kid. All the little guy needed was a hug, his bottle, and some loving words. Babies unable to speak are the most vulnerable members of our society and need to be protected. If their primary caregiver isn't doing it, ...it's our responsibility to stand up and speak for them when they're unable to do it for themselves. It's so frustrating for me to understand the cries of babies, and watching their needs go unfulfilled, ...having to stand by while they get smacked for trying to communicate in the only way they know how is not something I care to do. I can still see his little lip quivering.  :'(

I see many instances where I don't agree with how a parent is or is not disciplining their kid, but I always keep my mouth shut.  It's really not my place to say anything and if I think the kid is being abused I'll just call CPS (which I've never done before).  But I don't blame you for saying something. 

I was on the bus this past summer and two kids, about age 8 or 9, were causing a rucus, slapping each other, and just falling all over the place.  I waited about 15 minutes before I finally realized their parents were not on the bus with them.  No one said a word to these boys.  People here are by and large very passive.  I finally told them in my command voice  :) to "cut it out" and "sit down."  They immediately sat down and did not utter a sound till I got off the bus.   :)