Author Topic: Some advice needed on cutting up plz!!  (Read 1514 times)

parm

• Getbig I
Some advice needed on cutting up plz!!
« on: November 12, 2006, 01:43:44 PM »
Hi there to all. Just wanted some advice on cutting up. I'm starting the gym again after about 8 months off, this was due to some personal issues going on which kind of threw me off course. My current stats are. age 25. height 6.0, weigh 275 pounds at around 35% b/f. Goal right now is to get to about 200 pounds or around 8% b/f. Im planning on dieting for around 20 wks but can go longer if need be. Just want to give myself enough time without rushing things. Before my lengthy break I had been training for 5 years pretty much 5 days a week with some real good gains. Managed to stay around 10% b/f and got to 8% once. I have done 4 or 5 cycles before but haven't used any gear in the last 2 years.

I don't plan on using any gaer for at least the first 16 weeks as I know that gear don't burn fat and I would probably be wasting it using it whilst i'm at such a high b/f. I realsie that a sound diet and training routine with cardio will strip the fat off. MY questions are:

1. Should I use a fat burner right from the start or wait untill the fat becomes harder to lose? If i should then would a eca stack be enough or should I use moreor something different. I have read here that yohimburn is very good.

2. Should I start my cardio right from the beginning or lose as much b/f as possible through the diet first?

3. Which form of cardio is best, is the jogging on the treadmill o.k or does that burn too much muscle?

4. I know that the general rule re protein is 1g per pound of bodyweight but as my 275 pounds is not all muscle, would it make more sense to take in around 220g?

5. I was going to start on nearly 3000 kcals, is that too much/little?

6. Is there any other supplements besides protein powder that I should use?

Sorry for the lengthy post but i just wanted to give as much info as possible. Btw, great board, reading some of the posts has given me a lot of help in certain aspects of my life. All advice much appreciated, thanks!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Some advice needed on cutting up plz!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 03:54:30 PM »
1. Hold off on the fat burner...wait until you need it to push through.

2. Yes, start cardio from the beginning. Start out with 4-5 sessions per wk, probably around 30-40min per session. As time goes by you may need to up the sessions or time per session...just don't start w/too much cardio...that could be detrimental to what muscle mass you do have....which is a mistake I've made in the past.

3. Any type of cardio is fine. I prefer elliptical, walking on an incline or stair mill. But as long as your heart rate is up, you're good to go. Personally though, I never run, I actually enjoy running, but with my heavy leg training doing both is murder on my knees.

4. 1g protein should be your min, I'd proably up that a little though on a diet. Also, bare in mind that your protein consumption should really be based on your LBM IMO.

5. How many calories are you taking in now? Are you losing weight now or gaining  or staying even?

6. Multi-vit, vit-c, glucosimine, other than that it's up to you. I take the 3 mentioned, but I also add in omega-3 caps, potassium, chromium, amino tabs and calcium.

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 05:09:27 AM »
T-3 and DNP!

parm

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 07:52:52 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. Re the protein intake, I got a test done for my lbm about 2 years ago which came at around 180 pounds and it's probably not much more than that right now as I haven't really hit the gym hard for the last year, thats why I was wandering if I could get away with taking around 220g of protein rather than 280g.

I'm currently on around 2800 cals a day and am maintaining although I haven't started any cardio so I guess I could stay within that sort of cal range.

Re the DNP, I've never tried it but heard that although it is the best fat burner it can be very dangerous and it would be safer to use eca?

Again thanks for all the advice, anymore would be greatly appreciated.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 08:06:48 AM »
Arnold gave very good advice...

I would never even consider running DNP, you should be able to obtain your goals with cardio and proper dieting alone.

8)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 09:53:08 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. Re the protein intake, I got a test done for my lbm about 2 years ago which came at around 180 pounds and it's probably not much more than that right now as I haven't really hit the gym hard for the last year, thats why I was wandering if I could get away with taking around 220g of protein rather than 280g.

I'm currently on around 2800 cals a day and am maintaining although I haven't started any cardio so I guess I could stay within that sort of cal range.

Re the DNP, I've never tried it but heard that although it is the best fat burner it can be very dangerous and it would be safer to use eca?

Again thanks for all the advice, anymore would be greatly appreciated.

Agree with everything Arnold said.  Except I would take a real close look at your diet, and not just your protein intake.  One thing struck me as odd--You are maintaining 270 pounds on only 2800 calories??  What do these calories consist of?

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 11:30:53 AM »
w

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 11:51:28 AM »
hahahaha, everyone thinks they need roids, cutters, everything but a good solid diet, cardio and determinatin to cut up.
So ridiculous.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 04:38:19 AM »
I would start the cardio right now and do it every day for 45 mins.  Do this 7 days a week. Train hard on the weights 5 days a week each body part once a week.  Watch your portion size and get on the scale twice a week, this will make sure your headed in the right direction.  If the weight is not going down after 2 weeks drop the calories more.  You should shoot to lose 2-3 lbs per week.

If you keep training properly you should loose minimal muscle, but you gotta get serious about loosing that fat.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 08:19:50 AM »
Runnin is best cardio if you have good leg genetics, which will prevent muscle burn. But if you're hardgainer on legs, rather go for bike or something else.

I don't understand comment that AS don't burn fat. Yeah, they don't per se, but they highly boost your metabolism, which always contibutes to fat burn if you eat clean.

parm

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 08:33:41 AM »
Thanks, sorry what I meant when I said that roids don't burn fat was that I know I shouldn't be relyin on them to burn fat, rather it should come from the diet/cardio/training. Sorry should have been a bit clearer!

parm

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 12:37:29 PM »
I've just hit the gym again now and have started my diet. The thing is the owner of the gym I train at took a look at the amount of calories I was taking in (around 2700) and says that I should drop them down to 2000. I personally thought this was too low although he thinks that is just right. My reason for this is that say I were taking in 250g of protein and 250g of carbs, that would be 2000kcals straight away. So what would I do about the kcals needed from fat? Also if after a while when the fat stops coming off how much lower could I drop my kcals whilst still being on the safe side?

This guy used to compete so I figure he knows what he's talking about but I am a bit concerned. Any thoughts?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 01:06:46 PM »
I've just hit the gym again now and have started my diet. The thing is the owner of the gym I train at took a look at the amount of calories I was taking in (around 2700) and says that I should drop them down to 2000. I personally thought this was too low although he thinks that is just right. My reason for this is that say I were taking in 250g of protein and 250g of carbs, that would be 2000kcals straight away. So what would I do about the kcals needed from fat? Also if after a while when the fat stops coming off how much lower could I drop my kcals whilst still being on the safe side?

This guy used to compete so I figure he knows what he's talking about but I am a bit concerned. Any thoughts?
If what you're doing now is working, then don't change it. If you're losing weight at a reasonable rate, stay on the course. However, if you stay with this plan and you want to keep continuing your weight loss, there will come a time when you will have to either drop the calories a bit more, add in more cardio or both.

parm

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »
Thanks Arnold, I kinda thought the same, I wanted to try and lose fat at a higher kcal intake so atleast after some time I would be able to drop the kcals. Didn't want to drop them straight away as I thought I would have nothing to fall back on.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 01:25:35 PM »
Thanks Arnold, I kinda thought the same, I wanted to try and lose fat at a higher kcal intake so atleast after some time I would be able to drop the kcals. Didn't want to drop them straight away as I thought I would have nothing to fall back on.
Just make sure you drop gradually...instant massive drops in kcl will result in massive muscle loss.