Author Topic: Aromatase Inhibitors (Preferences)  (Read 3762 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Aromatase Inhibitors (Preferences)
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:35:13 PM »
I've always wondered, for those of you who are heavily experienced in AAS cycles and usage in general, why do you prefer a specific AI over another?

Arimidex (Anastrozole), Aromasin (Exemestane), Femara (Letrozole).

I know some of you have been dying to explain to me why you prefer one over the other.

Give details and justifications for your reasoning.

Speak!

Interested in hearing from the older vets........Overload, Hurt2Luv, Arnold, Rimbaud, Vet, 4thAD.....

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
Re: Aromatase Inhibitors (Preferences)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »
the main reason i prefer anastrozole over any of the other ai's because i dont feel like it kills my sex drive like letro does..iv never tried aromasin before...i have used letro once from a research chem place and it killed my sex drive pretty badd..I only use arimidex and get great results as far as preventing gyno and water retention.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 01:05:38 PM »
I've always wondered, for those of you who are heavily experienced in AAS cycles and usage in general, why do you prefer a specific AI over another?

I know some of you have been dying to explain to me why you prefer one over the other.

Speak!

Interested in hearing from the older vets........Overload, Hurt2Luv, Arnold, Rimbaud, Vet, 4thAD.....

DIV

I prefer not to use them, unless it is contest prep time and you need to lose some water.

People who have bloating issues can use Adex, but i don't see a point unless you are running really high amounts of test.

Adex made my strength go out the window every time i used it mid-cycle.

Letro worked great for me the last time i got on stage years ago, but it will destroy your sex drive.

I think they all have a place, i just don't see a need for them in a standard bulking cycle IMO.

My justification is that we need estrogen to make gains, so eliminating it isn't the best idea. I have found that the more hormones you try to control, the more difficult it is to control a cycle and things can get messy. Nobody worried about these things back in the day and they looked better than the guys do today, at least IMO.

I see more gyno on today's competitors, yet we have all these crazy estrogen blocking drugs around?

I've seen evidence both for and against estrogen control, but my personal theory is to only control estrogen when you absolutely have no choice...contest time, gyno problems, bloating issues...etc.

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »
HAHAHAH!! a pretty loaded one liner ;D

I'm actually bigger and naturaller ;D

Whatever you say... ;D

He does have some monster calves though.

Big mofo for sure.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »
HAHAHAH!! a pretty loaded one liner ;D

I'm actually bigger and naturaller ;D

If by natural you mean "Yes, I've used AAS...naturally" then yes, you are a lifetime natural.

Come on, this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »

Speak!

DIV

I've never used Aromasin, no real reason why I haven't, just haven't tried it so I can't speak on that.

Adex and letro, used a good bit of both, more adex then letro though. Both do an equally good job at combating sides on a standard cycle, and I have never noticed any problems on either when standard doses were used on a standard cycle.

However, on a big fat long cycle, a heavy load of MG's, even while running adex I started having some gyno issues flair up. Just on one side and about the size of a nickel. I was taking 1mg of adex/eod and bumped it up to 1mg/ed...didn't help. Got some letro, ran it at 2.5mg/ed and in about 8wks things cleared up. It did however at that dose of letro kill my energy. I was dieting but the letro did have a very noticeable affect on my energy levels.

Note to newbies: if gyno symptoms do start to show themselves, if you act quickly you can stave them off. However, if you let them set in you are screwed. Further, if you have ever shown symptoms, you should know that you are gyno prone and at some point it's going to be very difficult to remedy without having the glands removed.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 03:53:47 PM »
I've always liked a-dex & then letro...never used Aromasin.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 04:48:21 PM »
I prefer arimidex, aj told me about it and suggested it.  Worked the best out of all those and didn't have as many side effects.  Letro makes my hair shed, and aromasin I can't sleep when I used it.  A dex gave me sweaty arm pits, I wouldn't use any if you don't have to.

jt
TEAM Nasser

4thAD

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 05:58:20 PM »
I prefer using adex while on cycle, and aromasin while on PCT (the reason I choose adex is, it works for me). Here are the reasons why. The studies and the drug facts should speak for themselves:

1mg adex ed lowers estrogens approximately 50%, increases testosterone approximately 58%, 18% decrease in IGF, and has no change in GH. Because of the decrease in IGF, I would say this would not be a very good choice for PCT.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/85/7/2370?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=arimidex&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/3/1174?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=estrogen+male+muscle+metabolism&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=500&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

25mg aromasin ed will lower estrogen approximately 40-62%, increase testosterone by 60%, and will not affect plasma lipids or IGF concentrations.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/88/12/5951?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=estrogen+male+muscle+metabolism&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=70&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/1999/20753lbl.pdf

tolliscd

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 08:12:06 AM »
I made some early mistakes and had gyno cut out when i was younger!! Poor choices and lack of knowledge.
Now days i dont ever get gyno regardless of dosage of test, i never use orals, so the only time i use an AI is PCT with Clomid and Nolvadex and HCG

Having said that Adex works perfectly fine for me although its rare i ever need. I for some reason have letro but never tried it.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »
I made some early mistakes and had gyno cut out when i was younger!! Poor choices and lack of knowledge.
Now days i dont ever get gyno regardless of dosage of test, i never use orals, so the only time i use an AI is PCT with Clomid and Nolvadex and HCG

Having said that Adex works perfectly fine for me although its rare i ever need. I for some reason have letro but never tried it.

Bro, you probably don't get gyno anymore because you had it cut out. If you remove the glands it's rare that it's going to pop back up.

tolliscd

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 08:36:16 AM »
Yes i know but they didnt remove the glands just cut the tissue. No scarring cant even see it. They did a kick ass job but it was considered cosmetic so i had to pay. Lucky i knew the Doc

4thAD

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »
You should still run an AI while "on" even if gyno is not an issue. I used to think it wasn't necessary, but excess estrogen in your body is not good for you. Estrogen needs to be kept down to a normal level while on cycle. If it is not kept in check there are lots of problems one could develop.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 11:22:49 AM »
You should still run an AI while "on" even if gyno is not an issue. I used to think it wasn't necessary, but excess estrogen in your body is not good for you. Estrogen needs to be kept down to a normal level while on cycle. If it is not kept in check there are lots of problems one could develop.

like what
TEAM Nasser

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »
like what

It will make it harder to recover post cycle if you allow E to get out of control.

I cant adds much to this discussion cause I have only used Letro and it works good for me.  Personally I don't think letro is responsible for the lost libido on cycle.  Libido is dependent on many things and is cyclic even in a natural healthy male.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 07:11:21 PM »
I prefer using adex while on cycle, and aromasin while on PCT (the reason I choose adex is, it works for me). Here are the reasons why. The studies and the drug facts should speak for themselves:

1mg adex ed lowers estrogens approximately 50%, increases testosterone approximately 58%, 18% decrease in IGF, and has no change in GH. Because of the decrease in IGF, I would say this would not be a very good choice for PCT.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/85/7/2370?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=arimidex&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/3/1174?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=estrogen+male+muscle+metabolism&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=500&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

25mg aromasin ed will lower estrogen approximately 40-62%, increase testosterone by 60%, and will not affect plasma lipids or IGF concentrations.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/88/12/5951?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=estrogen+male+muscle+metabolism&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=70&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/1999/20753lbl.pdf

......how does Femara fit in to your equation?

I have found that Aromasin works best for me, in terms of how I feel on it.

Never liked Femara.

Arimidex is the standard, though, when I can't get my hands on Aromasin.

DIV

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 07:34:43 PM »

Never liked Femara.

DIV

do you trust research chems, they are pretty easy to get
TEAM Nasser

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 07:35:52 PM »
do you trust research chems, they are pretty easy to get

No they aren't.

They are currently being targeted by the Feds as part of ORD II.

Soon all of them will be shutdown, all website domains closed.

They will have to go underground to stay in business.

DIV

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 07:55:48 PM »
No they aren't.

DIV

oh my mistake the last time I bought them they were really fast shipping and seemed very easy to get, guess it has changed in a year or so.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »
No they aren't.

DIV

What information are you basing this on?

4thAD

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 11:28:57 AM »

Never liked Femara.

DIV

Letrozole will lower estrogen dependent on age 46-62% (46% in young men and 62% in elderly men) with a 46% rise in testosterone. Not as good as aromasin for PCT, but better than adex!

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/90/10/5717?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=SHBG&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=200&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/89/3/1188?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=Letrozole&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

This study talks about lipid profiles and GH in young boys undergoing Letro therapy.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/115/2/e245

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 04:46:09 PM »
What information are you basing this on?

I've got contacts on the inside plus the couple who owned Research Chemist and are now being prosecuted as part of ORD II have personally told me as such.

It's not a matter of if but when all research companies are closed down.

Letrozole will lower estrogen dependent on age 46-62% (46% in young men and 62% in elderly men) with a 46% rise in testosterone. Not as good as aromasin for PCT, but better than adex!

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/90/10/5717?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=SHBG&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=200&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/89/3/1188?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=Letrozole&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

This study talks about lipid profiles and GH in young boys undergoing Letro therapy.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/115/2/e245

Doesn't have much application in terms of bodybuilders and strength athletes, though.

DIV

4thAD

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
Of course it does for lowering estrogen, and increasing test.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 05:05:06 PM »
Of course it does for lowering estrogen, and increasing test.

Kids vs. adults.

C'mon now........

DIV

4thAD

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 05:07:35 PM »