Author Topic: Transitioning to gear: workout frequency?  (Read 2649 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Transitioning to gear: workout frequency?
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:58:49 AM »
As a natty, I settled on a 4 day split working each bodypart once a week with 2 days of conditioning drills (oh brother) and 1 day completely off.

I am sort of assuming that I will instinctively want to change stuff, but for those of you who have done the transition, which direction should I be leaning? More lifting days? More volume on my 4x split? Go to a "instinctive training" where I base each workout on what feels good (hello 3x week arm days!)?

TIA.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Transitioning to gear: workout frequency?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 08:01:04 AM »
the pros say "listen to your body"

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 08:15:12 AM »
the pros say "listen to your body"

The pros also say aminos and creatine put 60 lbs of muscle on their frames in a year. Pardon if I tune out when their Neanderthal lips are moving.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »
I never really increased the frequency, but i did up the intensity and loads quite a bit.  You should recover faster, but that doesn't mean you need to train 5 days a week.  Do what works and keeps the gains coming.  IME i just train heavier with more intensity and that's about it.  I might add a few exercises or sets, but nothing crazy.

8)

whitewidow

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 01:26:34 AM »
focus on High intensity training. I would always do your last set on each bodypart as heavy as you can for a few reps then go straight into a drop set to flush the muscle with those proteins. Your on cycle so this is when your body is in a extreme anabolic state so when you do a drop set your going to get alot of nutrients to the muscle being trained wich will cause a crazy pump. especially since this is your first cycle. Your cardio might suffer a little bit, at least mine does when I am on Test. cardio same thing go High intesnsity-make it short. 20minutes cardio is plenty if your going Heavy Inetsenity.watch a clip of rich gaspari train back in 88-89. That is how you want to work out. Rich is still a beast in the gym just isn;t as young but watch Rich and you will get the idea.

If you have the time and don't work, you really should be working out everyday and doing cardio everyday. There is always something to work on or perfect even if it posing or flexing up certain muscle groups for more seperation.

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 06:48:13 AM »
If you have the time and don't work, you really should be working out everyday and doing cardio everyday. There is always something to work on or perfect even if it posing or flexing up certain muscle groups for more seperation.

Everyday? What kind of "split" do You prefer to train everyday?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 06:52:47 AM »

I have a greater than full-time job, so once a day, max.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 07:03:50 AM »
AJ just do 4 days a week

everything once

dont complicate this, steroids are supposed to simplify all this shit

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 07:08:03 AM »
Increasing intenisyt and volume and weights in the gym is far more productive than increassing training sehs, 4 times is a good amount, 5 is good also, 7 is too much, 6 times is ok if your life is not too demanding. I work 10/12hrs a day so 6 seshs a week is a nono for me.
S

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 07:14:08 AM »
everyday if unemployed

this morning i did back muscles

maybe forearms tonight ::)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 07:34:46 AM »
AJ just do 4 days a week

everything once

Thanks, man.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 10:24:58 PM »
AJ just do 4 days a week

everything once

Yes this, keep everything the same.  What worked for you until now will continue to work on steroids--only better!

Just stay the course and give it some time.  You'll build a great body soon enough

whitewidow

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 03:54:37 AM »

I do legs twice a week. Mon and thurs. I do chest twice Tues and saturday a week with triceps and biceps and sometimes shoulders. Wed and sunday -Back only. Now the back work-out on sunday is fast and intense more then my other work-outs. I'm talking 20 minutes. some days when I do legs I also do my shoulders triceps ,biceps and forarms but not too many sets. I like doing alot of burn sets after I have done my 10-15 sets. I do a burn set per muscle group at the end of my heaviest set on all muscle groups to flush blood and proteins,nutrients to the muscle.

I also do a shit load of cardio and I also take time to pose and flex all the muscles I work for seperations reasons. I recover fast! I don't feel as much lactic acid build up these days and I don't get as sore. I am only on a HRT dose as well. I take some xanax to sleep and if I run out early that is when I start really feeling the workouts and feel very achey. Then I have to take a day or two off. Even when I feel like total shit i still try to do something even if it is just posing and flexing for muscle seperation.

I have no job so this is what I do.I have the time to do all this shit and the money to eat right and like I said I am on HRT/TRT. like i said i only slack off a bit if i have medication issues and can"t sleep then my muscles hurt like crazy like they used to. recovery has been great this year. something is masking the pain not sure if it the steroids or the xanax. I get more sleep then most of you guys because I use human tranquilizers and occasionally a opiate painkiller but only when desperatley needed,I have had to many problems with opiates in the past to take them anymore it has to be a severe situation.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 06:18:35 AM »
are you retired/enough money or unemployed by force?^^^^^^^^

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 12:21:44 PM »
I do legs twice a week. Mon and thurs. I do chest twice Tues and saturday a week with triceps and biceps and sometimes shoulders. Wed and sunday -Back only. Now the back work-out on sunday is fast and intense more then my other work-outs. I'm talking 20 minutes. some days when I do legs I also do my shoulders triceps ,biceps and forarms but not too many sets. I like doing alot of burn sets after I have done my 10-15 sets. I do a burn set per muscle group at the end of my heaviest set on all muscle groups to flush blood and proteins,nutrients to the muscle.

I also do a shit load of cardio and I also take time to pose and flex all the muscles I work for seperations reasons. I recover fast! I don't feel as much lactic acid build up these days and I don't get as sore. I am only on a HRT dose as well. I take some xanax to sleep and if I run out early that is when I start really feeling the workouts and feel very achey. Then I have to take a day or two off. Even when I feel like total shit i still try to do something even if it is just posing and flexing for muscle seperation.

I have no job so this is what I do.I have the time to do all this shit and the money to eat right and like I said I am on HRT/TRT. like i said i only slack off a bit if i have medication issues and can"t sleep then my muscles hurt like crazy like they used to. recovery has been great this year. something is masking the pain not sure if it the steroids or the xanax. I get more sleep then most of you guys because I use human tranquilizers and occasionally a opiate painkiller but only when desperatley needed,I have had to many problems with opiates in the past to take them anymore it has to be a severe situation.

I think train 6-7 days a week for a lot of people is easy way to overtraining,  even on AAS. I mean people who like train hard :)

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 02:00:57 PM »
The size you are right now is correlated to your daily output of work. If you want to get big and stay big, you need to increase the co-efficient of correlation by training 5-6 days a week and your body will recognize the change, and increase its size to match the correlation coefficient.

whitewidow

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 03:23:12 PM »
I think train 6-7 days a week for a lot of people is easy way to overtraining,  even on AAS. I mean people who like train hard :)

some people don"t believe in over-training. I used to be a endurance athlete when I was younger. I ran a few Portland marathons wich are 26.2 miles so I know what intense long training feels like and have just adapted to it. If I can run hard for 3 and a half hours without stopping these workout sessions are not as hard as you would think. They are very Intense workouts but like I said I don't try to show off and lift to heavy, only reps that I can do with strict form and do both the positive and negative. I do one heavy set where I train to failure and maybe get 5-6 reps sometimes I max out for just 1-2 reps on those heavy sets. I'm a 32 and have been training for fucking years. sometimes I do overtrain and not really know it because the human tranquilzers mask the pain and make me sleep alot.

If I don't have them I can"t train like this. First thing I do when I get home is eat and take my tranquilizers and then pass out.I usually wake up eat once more and use some more tranquilizers and then sleep more. I believe in over-training if somebody has a fulltime job. When I had a job it was really fucking hard to go to work and make the gym. so some people can't train everyday just would be impossible if they work. much respect to those of you who work everyday or 4-5 days a week and still hit the gym up 4-5 days a week. Do you really need to train everyday? NO! But it is not impossible especially if you just do cardio only on a few days and just pose and flex for seperation. That takes energy and is good for the muscles.

whitewidow

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 03:24:15 PM »
are you retired/enough money or unemployed by force?^^^^^^^^

Unemployed by choice. Not really enough money to retire but I probably will never work a job where I have a boss again. I am my own boss.