Author Topic: Has one group had so much power as Tea Party Republicans?  (Read 2076 times)

MB

• Getbig IV
If they hold their ground and refuse to raise the debt ceiling, Obama is completely powerless to act.  I really hope they call Obama's bluff and force him to make tough choices.  I literally think he would resign before making cuts. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Has one group had so much power as Tea Party Republicans?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
If they hold their ground and refuse to raise the debt ceiling, Obama is completely powerless to act.  I really hope they call Obama's bluff and force him to make tough choices.  I literally think he would resign before making cuts. 

do you actually support this nutty group? the are christian fundamentalist that literally believe in the bible for the majority. They believe noah lived to 600, that eve came from adams rib and that the world in only 6000 years old. Being so polarized is not good, they are unwilling to negotiate and have absolutes which are unfair to the middle class. Obama has agreed to making cuts, where do you get your info, he is willing to compromise, it is the other side that will not budge. The tax hikes will not effect the middle class as proposed, only the ultra rich like obama who has stated he can afford to help much more. What is wrong with your mind? are you so brainwashed that logic no longer sways you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »
Where is obamas plan? 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
Where is obamas plan? 

he outlined several times, decreased spending with increased revenue by closing tax benefits to the rich.

if obama is bad it doesnt make the tea party good, this is a logical fallacy, they are not the default like you want people to believe.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:50 AM »
do you actually support this nutty group? the are christian fundamentalist that literally believe in the bible for the majority. They believe noah lived to 600, that eve came from adams rib and that the world in only 6000 years old. Being so polarized is not good, they are unwilling to negotiate and have absolutes which are unfair to the middle class. Obama has agreed to making cuts, where do you get your info, he is willing to compromise, it is the other side that will not budge. The tax hikes will not effect the middle class as proposed, only the ultra rich like obama who has stated he can afford to help much more. What is wrong with your mind? are you so brainwashed that logic no longer sways you?

This "nutty" group was put there by the people to hold their ground and stop the spending.  If they budge, they will be sent packing at the next election.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 10:55:07 AM »
he outlined several times, decreased spending with increased revenue by closing tax benefits to the rich.

if obama is bad it doesnt make the tea party good, this is a logical fallacy, they are not the default like you want people to believe.

He didnt outline shit!   He game a speech with focus group tested cliche and pap. 

Even the CBO said they score a speech. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »
This "nutty" group was put there by the people to hold their ground and stop the spending.  If they budge, they will be sent packing at the next election.  

spending is not a bad thing, it depends on the context. In fact spending is a economic milestone, increased spending in the hands of consumers, namely those of moderate markets aid the economy.

They are way to polarized and have to many ideas not based in reality, by that i mean way out there, non-debatable ideas, not so-so issues. People like palin and bachmann are not that bright and lie about obvious facts like oil contracts and international policy. They may have some good ideas dont get me wrong, but they are seen as nuts.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
He didnt outline shit!   He game a speech with focus group tested cliche and pap. 

Even the CBO said they score a speech. 

he was refering to the plan that was presented that was more generous then the gang of six proposal, of course he is not going to go through the details when half of population is to dumb to understand it. Hell people like you were still debating whether he was born in america or if he was a muslim. Dont get sidetracked by that, its actually not his job to formulate plans for this issue ftr, he is part of the negotiations and helps to rectify the agreements presented by both parties. It;s not like he makes a plan by himself and presents it.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 11:00:37 AM »
spending is not a bad thing, it depends on the context.

The context is borrowing $.40 on every $1 spent. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
The context is borrowing $.40 on every $1 spent. 

sure, i agree. Where should the spending decreases come from? what do you think is in the best interest of the majority of americans, people like you, unless you are making over 250,000. seriously what areas would you cut?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 11:11:07 AM »
sure, i agree. Where should the spending decreases come from? what do you think is in the best interest of the majority of americans, people like you, unless you are making over 250,000. seriously what areas would you cut?

50% pay nothing at all.  Thats pure bullshit. 

I say we cut 10% across the board everywhere, everyone, no exemptions. 

Thats' 400b a year in savings alone. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
50% pay nothing at all.  Thats pure bullshit. 

I say we cut 10% across the board everywhere, everyone, no exemptions. 

Thats' 400b a year in savings alone. 

Even the Tea party doesn't want to cut SS or Medicare or Defense.

So really, where are all of these cuts coming from?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 11:17:32 AM »
Even the Tea party doesn't want to cut SS or Medicare or Defense.

So really, where are all of these cuts coming from?

The only fair way is across the board no one spared, no exemptions. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 11:18:52 AM »

Obama didn't have the power anyway to begin with.  The only thing he can do is either sign or veto a bill...its the Representatives and Senators that have to make the budget.  Its a ridiculous game of playing politics and ultimately if it isn't raised, our credit is going to be downgraded and then we'll be in some real shit.
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 11:20:59 AM »

I agree... but WHO will do that?

Certainly not Bachmann or Boehner.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »

Obama didn't have the power anyway to begin with.  The only thing he can do is either sign or veto a bill...its the Representatives and Senators that have to make the budget.  Its a ridiculous game of playing politics and ultimately if it isn't raised, our credit is going to be downgraded and then we'll be in some real shit.

This is from a speech Obama made in 2006:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.

Over the past 5 years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion.That is “trillion” with a “T.” That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next 5 years, between now and 2011, the President’s budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion.

Numbers that large are sometimes hard to understand. Some people may wonder why they matter. Here is why: This year, the Federal Government will spend $220 billion on interest. That is more money to pay interest on our national debt than we’ll spend on Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program. That is more money to pay interest on our debt this year than we will spend on education, homeland security, transportation, and veterans benefits combined. It is more money in one year than we are likely to spend to rebuild the devastated gulf coast in a way that honors the best of America.

And the cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the Federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and States of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and health security they have counted on.

Every dollar we pay in interest is a dollar that is not going to investment in America’s priorities.

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »

thats not fair, how do you feel its fair?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »
thats not fair, how do you feel its fair?

Why not?  I thought you far leftists wanted equality?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 11:27:20 AM »

Why not?  I thought you far leftists wanted equality?

im not a far leftist, lol. Its not fair to those who will be affected disproportionately. Those who have to sacrifice things that impact the quality of there life, who have already sacrificed. Are you rich or something, why would you support this plan? Im rich so you know, in the sense that i make more then enough and have way more then enough. I pay 50% taxes also.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »
im not a far leftist, lol. Its not fair to those who will be affected disproportionately. Those who have to sacrifice things that impact the quality of there life, who have already sacrificed. Are you rich or something, why would you support this plan? Im rich so you know, in the sense that i make more then enough and have way more then enough. I pay 50% taxes also.

Bullshit - someone who pays nothing in in taxes, like 50% do, are getting a free ride on the backs of the other 50%. 

What is someone who pays nothing sacrificing? 

Again - you are all cliche and pap.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 11:31:17 AM »
Bullshit - someone who pays nothing in in taxes, like 50% do, are getting a free ride on the backs of the other 50%. 

What is someone who pays nothing sacrificing? 

Again - you are all cliche and pap.     
If you make 19K a year, do you really think you should have to pay 50% of it to the government.

The reality is that the truly wealthy, can afford it.... Is it "Fair" in the sense of equal payout... perhaps not, but it is "fair" when it comes to being able to survive.

How is it fair to expect a person who brings home 10K a year after taxes to be able to survive like someone who brings home 250,000?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 11:32:57 AM »
If you make 19K a year, do you really think you should have to pay 50% of it to the government.

The reality is that the truly wealthy, can afford it.... Is it "Fair" in the sense of equal payout... perhaps not, but it is "fair" when it comes to being able to survive.

How is it fair to expect a person who brings home 10K a year after taxes to be able to survive like someone who brings home 250,000?

Thats life.   I favor 10% flat tax across the board.   No exemptions, nothing.    Or a sales tax. 

Sorry - someone who makes 20k also benefits from the military, coast guard, police, fire, etc, and should pay.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:06 AM »
the flat tax will never work.  millionaires will lose money in a big way when the bottom 1/4 of the population STOPS spending 100% of their income at walmart and mcd and starts giving it to the govt.

it's why it fails, every single time.  They stop CONSUMING, which hurts a ton of businesses.  The rich people aren't putting 100% of their income back into the GDP, far from it. 

So no timmy, there will never ever be a flat tax for exactly this reason.  Millionaires like it short-term, but long term, the entire economy will slump so 3% of the population can put their saved millions into Euros and Silver.  bad idea.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:28 AM »
Thats life.   I favor 10% flat tax across the board.   No exemptions, nothing.    Or a sales tax.  

Sorry - someone who makes 20k also benefits from the military, coast guard, police, fire, etc, and should pay.  

That's life? That's your response?

Well, then this is pointless.... I make about 3-4 times what my sister does, I don't expect her to be able to live properly if she has to pay as much as I do in taxes.

That's absolutely ridiculous to say.

I do not agree with this at all.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »
Thats life.   I favor 10% flat tax across the board.   No exemptions, nothing.    Or a sales tax. 

so any degree of benefit will do? How are you saying that the low level income pepple benefit as much as the corporate billionaires? isn't that welfare by definition. what benefit do the poor get from the coastgaurd, while the major corps ensure their huge freights are deliviered abroad safely, how is that equal.