Author Topic: What % of repub (or dem) voters would cast their ballot for a Gary johnson?  (Read 243 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
If he steals 5000 votes in a few key states from the repub, that could give obama another 4 years in office.

Longshot Republican candidate mulls third-party run
AFP – 14 hrs ago

Disgruntled former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson says he is considering leaving the Republican slate and running as a third-party candidate in the 2012 presidential election.

"I feel abandoned by the Republican Party," Johnson, who has been left out of most of the Republican debates, told the Sante Fe New Mexican newspaper this week, saying he might seek the Libertarian Party's support.

"The Republican Party has left me by the wayside," said Johnson, whose polling numbers have recently been so low that they are often not even being picked up by pollsters.

"If I'd have been included in 16 of the last debates we wouldn't even be having this conversation," he said.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Gary Johnson is no Ron Paul, but he'd fetch my vote in the general election unless the Libertarian Party put out a really good candidate (e.g. NOT Bob Barr). That said, I doubt Johnson will fetch a significant portion of the vote. He lacks the consistency and principles that make Ron Paul a rockstar. Also, myopia runs deep so too many independents and right-leaning voters will cast their ballot for whoever the Republican candidate is.