Author Topic: I don't see it. Where does Trump incite this riot that stormed the capitol?  (Read 2089 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I don't see it. Where does Trump incite this riot that stormed the capitol in his speech on January 6th?

some quips from his speech:

“Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we’re going to have to fight much harder. …

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

My understanding is that its very difficult to get convicted for inciting riot.  Is this it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Luckily is makes no difference whether you "see it" or not

Why don't you ask the 10 Republicans who voted for impeachment (some of whom have already received threats in response to their vote)

You could also ask that flaming liberal Liz Cheney

Here is what she said

Apparently she saw exactly what so many others saw as well

"On January 6, 2021 a violent mob attacked the United States Capitol to obstruct the process of our democracy and stop the counting of presidential electoral votes. This insurrection caused injury, death and destruction in the most sacred space in our Republic.

"Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough. The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.

"I will vote to impeach the President."

OzmO

• Getbig V
Luckily is makes no difference whether you "see it" or not

Luckily this is a forum where we discuss politics and current events.  NOTHING WE DO HERE MAKES ANY DEFFERENCE Captain obvious

You mean

You could also ask that flaming liberal Liz Cheney

Here is what she said

Apparently she saw exactly what so many others saw as well

That's a person's opinion.  Show me where he incited a group to storm the capitol based on his speech.  Or is this same lame assertion as saying he attempted to kill Mike Pence?

Seriously dude.   ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Luckily this is a forum where we discuss politics and current events.  NOTHING WE DO HERE MAKES ANY DEFFERENCE Captain obvious

That's a person's opinion.  Show me where he incited a group to storm the capitol based on his speech.  Or is this same lame assertion as saying he attempted to kill Mike Pence?

Seriously dude.   ::)

Seriously dude..... do you expect anyone to take you seriously

Also, it's not just Liz Cheney's opinion, it's her vote and her oath of office to defend The Constitution

BTW - Trump is not the only person who is guilty of inciting that crowd.  Other are responsible as well...but it was his event.  He set the date, he promoted, he organized it and he told them a bunch of lies (over many months  and on that day) that he knew would get them fired up and then directed them toward The Capitol.

Note he told crowd that he would be with them and then turned around and went home

It's reported that he was enjoying the chaos and violence as he watched it on TV with the rest of the nation.

Republicans in the Capitol tried to reach him to call of his crowd of supporters and he did nothing

Yep, he's responsible and as Liz Cheney said,
There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Seriously dude..... do you expect anyone to take you seriously

Also, it's not just Liz Cheney's opinion, it's her vote and her oath of office to defend The Constitution

BTW - Trump is not the only person who is guilty of inciting that crowd.  Other are responsible as well...but it was his event.  He set the date, he promoted, he organized it and he told them a bunch of lies (over many months  and on that day) that he knew would get them fired up and then directed them toward The Capitol.

Note he told crowd that he would be with them and then turned around and went home

It's reported that he was enjoying the chaos and violence as he watched it on TV with the rest of the nation.

Republicans in the Capitol tried to reach him to call of his crowd of supporters and he did nothing

Yep, he's responsible and as Liz Cheney said,

Holding a rally to opposed the result election doesn't constitute incitement to storm the capitol, break in and stop the process.

Again, where in his speech did he incite the crowd to storm the capitol, break in and stop the process?

This is what i am asking for and you aren't answering it with anything tangible.  It's ok, it is what it is.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Holding a rally to opposed the result election doesn't constitute incitement to storm the capitol, break in and stop the process.

Again, where in his speech did he incite the crowd to storm the capitol, break in and stop the process?

This is what i am asking for and you aren't answering it with anything tangible.  It's ok, it is what it is.

correct...just holding a rally doesn't constitute incitement

no shit

Since you seem to be baffled on how Trump (and others) could in any way be responsible for the action of that crowd of Traitors who attacked our country you're in luck....because it turns out that we're going to have a Trial in the Senate

You should check it out and maybe you'll be able to figure out why THE TRAITOR and others are guilty of inciting that crowd to violence

There are also going to be hundreds of other trials across the country where defense attorney's will cite THE TRAITORS words and deeds.

You'll have plenty of data available to you and maybe you'll be able to figure it out

And if you cant?

Who gives shit

OzmO

• Getbig V
correct...just holding a rally doesn't constitute incitement

Incorrect.  Holding a rally and telling them to take back their country by any means possible and there is no better time then now, would constitute incitement.

But that wasn't said.

Since you seem to be baffled on how Trump (and others) could in any way be responsible for the action of that crowd of Traitors who attacked our country you're in luck....because it turns out that we're going to have a Trial in the Senate

You should check it out and maybe you'll be able to figure out why THE TRAITOR and others are guilty of inciting that crowd to violence

There are also going to be hundreds of other trials across the country where defense attorney's will cite THE TRAITORS words and deeds.

You'll have plenty of data available to you and maybe you'll be able to figure it out

Getting a charge of incitement is difficult in a court of law even under more direct circumstances. 

That doesn't mean he still won't still get impeached and for dems that would be good thing because he won't be able to run in 2024.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I don't see it. Where does Trump incite this riot that stormed the capitol in his speech on January 6th?

some quips from his speech:

“Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we’re going to have to fight much harder. …

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

My understanding is that its very difficult to get convicted for inciting riot.  Is this it?

Yes it's difficult.  Here is an excerpt from his speech:

"We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to PEACEFULLY and PATRIOTICALLY make your voices heard."

There is no way telling people to peacefully and patriotically protest is inciting them to commit violence. 

Plus I'm hearing that the idiots who engaged in violence either planned it or started it before the president's speech.

Overall, just another ridiculous, unsupportable attempt to criminalize political differences. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Incorrect.  Holding a rally and telling them to take back their country by any means possible and there is no better time then now, would constitute incitement.

But that wasn't said.

Getting a charge of incitement is difficult in a court of law even under more direct circumstances. 

That doesn't mean he still won't still get impeached and for dems that would be good thing because he won't be able to run in 2024.

What he said was to never give up, never concede and fight like hell

That was after telling them for weeks that he won the election and it was being stolen from him and THEM

Yep, he absolutely incited that crowd

Why were they there on THAT DAY

They were there because Trump told  them to be there and they were there to stop the legal process of counting the electoral votes....something that Trump had been talking about and tweeting for week

But throughout his remarks, Trump spoke of the need to “fight,” to be angry, to stop President-elect Joe Biden from taking office.

He also made these comments

“We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

— “We want to go back, and we want to get this right because we’re going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed, and we’re not going to stand for that.”

— “Nobody knows what the hell is going on. There’s never been anything like this. We will not let them silence your voices. We’re not going to let it happen. Not going to let it happen.” The crowd repeatedly chanted “Fight for Trump!” “Thank you,” Trump said.

He assailed “weak,” “pathetic” Republicans who were not standing with him in his push to overturn the election results, and said “there’d be hell all over the country” if Democrats had been robbed of an election win.

“But just remember this,” he went on. “You’re stronger, you’re smarter. You’ve got more going than anybody, and they try and demean everybody having to do with us, and you’re the real people. You’re the people that built this nation. You’re not the people that tore down our nation.”

—“We will not be intimidated into accepting the hoaxes and the lies that we’ve been forced to believe over the past several weeks.”

Trump apologists such as yourself can make all the excuse that you want

As you know THE TRAITOR was impeached yesterday

You can read the Articles of Impeachment right here
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-resolution/24/text

ARTICLE I: INCITEMENT OF INSURRECTION

The Constitution provides that the House of Representatives “shall have the sole Power of Impeachment” and that the President “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors”. Further, section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution prohibits any person who has “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against” the United States from “hold[ing] any office … under the United States”. In his conduct while President of the United States—and in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed—Donald John Trump engaged in high Crimes and Misdemeanors by inciting violence against the Government of the United States, in that:

On January 6, 2021, pursuant to the 12th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, the Vice President of the United States, the House of Representatives, and the Senate met at the United States Capitol for a Joint Session of Congress to count the votes of the Electoral College. In the months preceding the Joint Session, President Trump repeatedly issued false statements asserting that the Presidential election results were the product of widespread fraud and should not be accepted by the American people or certified by State or Federal officials. Shortly before the Joint Session commenced, President Trump, addressed a crowd at the Ellipse in Washington, DC. There, he reiterated false claims that “we won this election, and we won it by a landslide”. He also willfully made statements that, in context, encouraged—and foreseeably resulted in—lawless action at the Capitol, such as: “if you don’t fight like hell you’re not going to have a country anymore”. Thus incited by President Trump, members of the crowd he had addressed, in an attempt to, among other objectives, interfere with the Joint Session’s solemn constitutional duty to certify the results of the 2020 Presidential election, unlawfully breached and vandalized the Capitol, injured and killed law enforcement personnel, menaced Members of Congress, the Vice President, and Congressional personnel, and engaged in other violent, deadly, destructive, and seditious acts.

President Trump’s conduct on January 6, 2021, followed his prior efforts to subvert and obstruct the certification of the results of the 2020 Presidential election. Those prior efforts included a phone call on January 2, 2021, during which President Trump urged the secretary of state of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, to “find” enough votes to overturn the Georgia Presidential election results and threatened Secretary Raffensperger if he failed to do so.

In all this, President Trump gravely endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of Government. He threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coequal branch of Government. He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.

Wherefore, Donald John Trump, by such conduct, has demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security, democracy, and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office, and has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law. Donald John Trump thus warrants impeachment and trial, removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
You guys are trying to reason with the #1 most TDS infected person on getbig, possibly the internet? Hahaa :D ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
Yeah I know I was bored.   Plus I haven’t really engaged much on here for a few years.   I had to verify what people have been telling me.  This man has compromised any objectivity for his hate.  You either agree with him or you are a Trunptard or at the very least a Trump apologist. 

There are others on the other side that are extreme too, but you can still have a reasonable conversation with them.

For me, just like OB, if Trump did something wrong he did something wrong.  It’s less about opinion or a political circus move. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yeah I know I was bored.   Plus I haven’t really engaged much on here for a few years.   I had to verify what people have been telling me.  This man has compromised any objectivity for his hate.  You either agree with him or you are a Trunptard or at the very least a Trump apologist. 

There are others on the other side that are extreme too, but you can still have a reasonable conversation with them.

For me, just like OB, if Trump did something wrong he did something wrong.  It’s less about opinion or a political circus move.

Trumptards are people who believe and promote Trumps lies and/or apologize and and make excuses for them

Trump spent the last year saying the election was rigged (projecting his own efforts to "rig" it") and then after he lost spent all his time telling his idiot followers it was stolen and not conceding and that they had to fight to help him take back their country

When all his efforts to steal the election failed his last ditch effort was to assemble a mob of his supporters and directed them to go to the Capitol to stop the vote.  I won't bother posting all his inflammatory quotes here again because you believe that a single "CYA" statement to be peaceful rescinds all prior and future incitement to violence

I don't agree nor did a majority members of The House of Representatives

I guarantee you that every defendant in the hundreds of trials that will happen will state that they were just following Trumps orders

You obviously have a bright future as an expert witness.  You can go to all these trials and explain to these insurrectionists why they shouldn't have believed their own eyes and ears.

Good luck with that

BTW - Trump is not the other person who incited that mob and I expect others will also be facing legal consequences and THE TRAITOR himself may likely still be facing legal consequences.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Trumptards are people who believe and promote Trumps lies and/or apologize and and make excuses for them

Trump spent the last year saying the election was rigged (projecting his own efforts to "rig" it") and then after he lost spent all his time telling his idiot followers it was stolen and not conceding and that they had to fight to help him take back their country

When all his efforts to steal the election failed his last ditch effort was to assemble a mob of his supporters and directed them to go to the Capitol to stop the vote.  I won't bother posting all his inflammatory quotes here again because you believe that a single "CYA" statement to be peaceful rescinds all prior and future incitement to violence

I don't agree nor did a majority members of The House of Representatives

I guarantee you that every defendant in the hundreds of trials that will happen will state that they were just following Trumps orders

You obviously have a bright future as an expert witness.  You can go to all these trials and explain to these insurrectionists why they shouldn't have believed their own eyes and ears.

Good luck with that

BTW - Trump is not the other person who incited that mob and I expect others will also be facing legal consequences and THE TRAITOR himself may likely still be facing legal consequences.

Are you ok? 

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Are you ok? 

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org

I'm fine

My thread is about unprecendented current events in this country that are on the front page of every paper and major news website

You can start to worrry when start making hudreds of threads about Obama's secret gay life or hundreds of threads about Michelle Obama apearance

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm fine

My thread is about unprecendented current events in this country that are on the front page of every paper and major news website

You can start to worrry when start making hudreds of threads about Obama's secret gay life or hundreds of threads about Michelle Obama apearance

;D  ;D ha ha ha ha

NYS is in such a mess right now, I'm not focused on whats going on in D.C. too much.   I just like making fun of Michelle aka Big Mike cause it gets a rise out of liberal people.   When she had the luxury of TEAMS of make up artists, fitness trainers, etc, at least for a brief time she was somewhat presentable.  Now she is just a mess and a slob. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
;D  ;D ha ha ha ha

NYS is in such a mess right now, I'm not focused on whats going on in D.C. too much.   I just like making fun of Michelle aka Big Mike cause it gets a rise out of liberal people.   When she had the luxury of TEAMS of make up artists, fitness trainers, etc, at least for a brief time she was somewhat presentable.  Now she is just a mess and a slob.

no one gives a shit
do you spend a lot of time commenting on the middle aged wives of other people as well or is is just your gay obsession with Obama that drives you to make threads on here about his wife...both of whom are private citizens and have barely said a word in the last 4 years

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
no one gives a shit
do you spend a lot of time commenting on the middle aged wives of other people as well or is is just your gay obsession with Obama that drives you to make threads on here about his wife...both of whom are private citizens and have barely said a word in the last 4 years

;D  ;D  :D  :D

It is probably hard for her to talk when she is piling her fat face with cakes, and bon bons, and pizzas and beers all day melting down over Trump. 

;)   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

It is probably hard for her to talk when she is piling her fat face with cakes, and bon bons, and pizzas and beers all day melting down over Trump. 

;)   

you have weird fantasies

do you spend much time thinking about other mens middle aged wives or to you just reserve that attention for Obama's wife?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you have weird fantasies

do you spend much time thinking about other mens middle aged wives or to you just reserve that attention for Obama's wife?

Yes just for her.   :D  :D  :D  :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Our media is not free. It’s not fair. It suppresses thought. It suppresses speech, and it’s become the enemy of the people. It’s become the enemy of the people. It’s the biggest problem we have in this country. No third world countries would even attempt to do what we caught them doing and you’ll hear about that in just a few minutes. Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer, and we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. If he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution. Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

;)   

You may be right but at least she can take the cap off her own bottle of water.   ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You may be right but at least she can take the cap off her own bottle of water.   ;D

;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Republican Mo Brooks words to Trump Mob on January 6th

"Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass!" the six-term Republican shouted to the assembled protesters. "Our ancestors sacrificed their blood, their sweat, their tears, their fortunes and sometimes their lives... Are you willing to do the same?"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

His hatred TRUMPS any sort of sense he ever had.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
just an opinion here, but anyone who just looks at that one speech of Trumps as an isolated incident isn't trying very hard to discover the truth