Author Topic: Wrestlers and the feuds that made them  (Read 1120 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Wrestlers and the feuds that made them
« on: January 12, 2024, 02:50:26 PM »
Sort of.  Let's name some wrestlers and the feuds that defined their careers.  Yeah, all wrestlers have hundreds of feuds throughout their careers.  But there are some feuds that come to mind any time you think of a wrestler.

Example :

Tommy Rich had Buzz Sawyer
Hogan had Andre
Magnum TA had Tully Blanchard
Rock N Roll had Midnight Express
Bruno had Larry
Sting had Flair

etc... 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Wrestlers and the feuds that made them
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 07:52:09 PM »
Sort of.  Let's name some wrestlers and the feuds that defined their careers.  Yeah, all wrestlers have hundreds of feuds throughout their careers.  But there are some feuds that come to mind any time you think of a wrestler.

Example :

Tommy Rich had Buzz Sawyer
Hogan had Andre
Magnum TA had Tully Blanchard
Rock N Roll had Midnight Express
Bruno had Larry
Sting had Flair

etc...

Austin and Hart
Reigns and Lesnar
Hart and Michaels
Mankind/Cactus Jack and Hunter Hearst Helmsley/Triple H.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 02:50:23 PM »
freebirds and von erichs,,michael hayes was a character,,,

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 06:21:02 PM »
Hogan and Savage??

Or, how about John Cena and Randy Orton?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 07:01:35 AM »
freebirds and von erichs,,michael hayes was a character,,,

Good pick.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 07:07:51 AM »
Hogan and Savage??

Or, how about John Cena and Randy Orton?

Hogan already had his biggest feud with Andre.  I would hate to say it, but Warrior would have been the top one if it had occurred much earlier (WM4)

Cena and Orton had too many on and off again feuds to really count.  Plus other than the title, there was really no vested interest in the matches.    I would pick Kurt Angle for Cena when he was just starting out in the WWE as it made everyone pause and take a better look at Cena.  Or even The Rock.  The matches of Cena/Orton did more for Randy than it did for Cena.   With Orton, I would think his feud with Triple H was the most significant overall as it was a passing of the torch kind of thing.   However, I am not a fan of Orton's work.  He has been given push after push and always fumbles the ball when he gets the belt or winds up hurt and out of action.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 12:58:07 AM »
Hogan already had his biggest feud with Andre.  I would hate to say it, but Warrior would have been the top one if it had occurred much earlier (WM4)

Cena and Orton had too many on and off again feuds to really count.  Plus other than the title, there was really no vested interest in the matches.    I would pick Kurt Angle for Cena when he was just starting out in the WWE as it made everyone pause and take a better look at Cena.  Or even The Rock.  The matches of Cena/Orton did more for Randy than it did for Cena.   With Orton, I would think his feud with Triple H was the most significant overall as it was a passing of the torch kind of thing.   However, I am not a fan of Orton's work.  He has been given push after push and always fumbles the ball when he gets the belt or winds up hurt and out of action.
Hogan had Bockwinkle, Big John Stud, Piper and King Kong Bundy long before Andre.