Author Topic: Lost 9.5 lbs in first week of new training program  (Read 2014 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Lost 9.5 lbs in first week of new training program
« on: January 11, 2011, 07:59:37 AM »
Over the last year I put on some pounds. Figured New Years Day was as good a day as any to get serious about it. So I weighed in the morning of the 1st at 215lbs. Started my low carb diet with plenty of fish, chicken, steak and steamed or grilled veggies. Cut out all sweets, breads, white rice and white potato as well as pasta.

Training 2 body parts a day and H.I.I.T cardio 1 to 2 sessions a day for 20 min per... Was totally shocked to see 205.5 lbs the morning of the 8th.

I don't expect to see much of a weight drop between the 8th and 15th because of the large weight drop initially, but even if I hold at 205.5 I'll still be on target.

My overall ball park weight loss goal is 25 lbs but the mirror will be the final determining factor.   

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Lost 9.5 lbs in first week of new training program
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »
Props to you and the weight management. Please pass this on to Fat-Panda....Good Luck.
F

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »
slow down some. it sounds like you are on a fast path to overtraining. to much to soon your gonna crash and bounce back worse than you were before. train smarter sometimes not harder.

.02cents from a 40yr old who trains people.
sept 10th APF

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 07:12:09 AM »
Weighed a couple days early and I am at 203 from 215 since Jan 1st. Took Tuesday off but hit the gym twice yesterday with 30 min HIIT and shoulder workout then came back later for a 1hr cardio class. I agree I am overdoing it and the plan was to only go this hard for 2 weeks to get things rocking and rolling but as of today I am going to get back to my more usual routine of weight lifting/ 20-30 minutes cardio a day.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 10:36:40 AM »
Still at 202 lbs but I will take the 13 lbs weight loss for this month and continue hitting the gym 5 to 6 times a week lifting and doing the cardio. 

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 11:27:38 PM »
Over the last year I put on some pounds. Figured New Years Day was as good a day as any to get serious about it. So I weighed in the morning of the 1st at 215lbs. Started my low carb diet with plenty of fish, chicken, steak and steamed or grilled veggies. Cut out all sweets, breads, white rice and white potato as well as pasta.

Training 2 body parts a day and H.I.I.T cardio 1 to 2 sessions a day for 20 min per... Was totally shocked to see 205.5 lbs the morning of the 8th.

I don't expect to see much of a weight drop between the 8th and 15th because of the large weight drop initially, but even if I hold at 205.5 I'll still be on target.

My overall ball park weight loss goal is 25 lbs but the mirror will be the final determining factor.   
fatpanda should see that. he lost 8 lbs in 2 months while you did it in 7 days. a calorie is a calorie!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »
Tooling along at 8.8 on the treadmill yesterday doing some interval training and I pull my left hamstring.. thought I could run through it but I bet I looked hilarious trying to keep up the speed and pushing the button to slow it down while limping like an idiot. Finally just jumped on the side of the belt till it slowed down enough to walk on it.. On Aleve today, hope to do some slow jogging this afternoon.   

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 03:23:49 AM »
Did you test your bodyfat before and after?

Hate to think you lost only muscle and water...

Losing "weight" isn't always what it's cracked up to be.