Author Topic: What's your gym pet peeve?  (Read 25453 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: What's your gym pet peeve?
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 09:32:09 AM »
I hate people that bring in their cells and then have to make a call during their workout. I just want to smash that phone over their little skulls.

simple..someone walking in front of me and the mirror while i'm doing dumbell presses...or inclines..
carpe` vaginum!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 09:33:10 AM »
simple..someone walking in front of me and the mirror while i'm doing dumbell presses...or inclines..

You must be pretty small from the side then huh?
$

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 09:33:22 AM »
how many of you really workout? ::)
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
You must be pretty small from the side then huh?

no..i just started training again and i dont quite have the feel for these exercises.. always make sure both my arms go up at the same time..i stay in the groove etc..

and yeah..i'm prety small right now..
carpe` vaginum!

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 09:39:02 AM »
When the only music that is played is

GAY DANCE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 09:40:30 AM »
I hate not being able to 'work in' ... like you own the gym or something hahahha

AHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!  I do that to all the 145lb sacks of dogshit in the gym.    Maybe if you didn't look and train like a 10-yr old Cub Scout the men in your gym might show you some respect.

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 09:42:18 AM »

hahahah this coming from a 110lb 'indian bodybuilder'.............. ::)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 09:44:08 AM »
I hate when some idiot takes the 45 lb dummbbells down to where the 145's are and uses those benchs and I gotta carry that shit any farther then straight back to the bench.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »

10% of this board actually trains....the remaining 90% would join a gym if they offered an internet connection.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 09:46:28 AM »
10% of this board actually trains....the remaining 90% would join a gym if they offered an internet connection.

This guy must be in that 10% 8)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 09:47:48 AM »
javascript:void(0);
Cool

This guy must be in that 10%

Brutal bacne!!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 09:49:41 AM »
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 09:51:30 AM »
I fvckin hate it when there is someone STOMPIN on the treadmill rather that running....I want to kick there legs out from under their ass

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 09:55:09 AM »
I once saw a middle aged guy reading a newspaper in between sets on the leg press. Even had I not been training legs that day, that would have made me a bit pissed.

But…

The ABSOLUTE best/worst is when I once saw a retired woman (50-ish) talking on her cell phone while doing Hindu squats inside of the only available squat rack as her personal trainer “spotted” her.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 09:59:45 AM »
when they dont have a towel on the machine or bench. you go on it...and they come running (all 155 pounds of them) with cell phone in hand and go "hey i was using that" then they go back on the phone..."yeah you there?....someone tried to take my machine....."
i usually go see the manager who's cool with me, and say this guy didn't bring a towel and is on the phone (he hates that also). and while he's getting a speech from the manager and a warning of getting his membership suspended i laugh and take his machine anyways

I just tell them  "That's right, you WERE using it....... now I am." and go on about my business.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 10:04:51 AM »
classic 8)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 10:06:02 AM »
I hate when anyone who has any amount of size does the whole "slow movement" thing, even when loading 10 or 25lb plates on the bar.  Like it's an effort to move their bodies.
Y

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 10:14:47 AM »
I just tell them  "That's right, you WERE using it....... now I am." and go on about my business.

lol yah that too.
they leave no evidence of them using it, no towel water nothing....they expect us to be mind-readers...

the best is when they take my towel off and start using the bench. then they use the excuse i didn't see anyone around so i thought there was nobody...lol classic retardism

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2007, 10:20:43 AM »
I hate people that bring in their cells and then have to make a call during their workout. I just want to smash that phone over their little skulls.

Yeah, I gotta go with the cell phone one too, that and "hanging out" or socializing.  I guess a little chat here and there is fine, but when you've got a group of guys standing around laughing and talking for like fifteen minutes...it gets annoying.
just not good enough

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 10:21:14 AM »
I hate when anyone who has any amount of size does the whole "slow movement" thing, even when loading 10 or 25lb plates on the bar.  Like it's an effort to move their bodies.

Hahahahahaa

I know what you mean.....it's like they are walking on the moon, all 185lbs. of them.

Arvilla does it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »
lol yah that too.
they leave no evidence of them using it, no towel water nothing....they expect us to be mind-readers...

the best is when they take my towel off and start using the bench. then they use the excuse i didn't see anyone around so i thought there was nobody...lol classic retardism

Yes, a classic gym situation....and it's always with some guy exactly like you described although they normally also have a Carboforce and Lee Haney weightlifting gloves so their savage 25 db curls don't callous thier hands.

My best memory of this situation was exactly as you described; although this little 165lb punk came running up outta nowhere - after 5 minutes of this incline bench remaning empty - and said, "Sorry bro, but you're on my heat."  I laughed and said, "oh really, I'm on your 'heat'?   Tell you what, you go sit yourself over there on that empty bench and I'll wave you over when I'm finished."   He said nothing and walked off red-faced....between sets I looked at him and laughed.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 10:24:27 AM »
I hate when anyone who has any amount of size does the whole "slow movement" thing, even when loading 10 or 25lb plates on the bar.  Like it's an effort to move their bodies.

Elaborate on this, I'm not sure what you mean yet?

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2007, 10:24:57 AM »
the ghetto ass nextell chirp, chirp walkie talkie phones has GOT to be #1 on the list! >:(

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2007, 10:33:24 AM »
Elaborate on this, I'm not sure what you mean yet?

It's the whole "lumbering behemoth" act.

like they are 290 lbs of muscle.

One that i find funny is the guy who finally has 315 on the bench and he waits for 15 minutes until enough people are around before he does the set.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2007, 10:35:32 AM »
I like when one of those wife-beater warriors go to the machine area only, pound the weight a couple times within a 45 minute period, never to failure, and then go sit-down at the bar and drink a protein shake like they just got back from fighting in the Persian Wars. You can almost see the protein being absorbed into their exhausted muscles, atop their mammoth 155lb frames.
tiny-tit bounty hunter