Author Topic: What's your gym pet peeve?  (Read 25209 times)

Money Man

• Getbig II
Re: What's your gym pet peeve?
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »
nah that's ok, i'll just keep on doing it and then let skinny pencilnecks like you clean it up.
Wow skinny pencilneck,that's not me.You must be a real mass monster.Well keep up the good work,I'm sure everybody really likes you at the gym.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2007, 08:59:24 AM »
nah that's ok, i'll just keep on doing it and then let skinny pencilnecks like you clean it up.

A bitch like this would say "umm sir is it okay if I clean your bench" while he wets himself in fright seeing a guy lift more than theri bodyweight

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2007, 09:05:23 AM »

Squad,
Using your finger, you should sign your autograph in the film of ass sweat, and charge’em five bucks for the souvenir! ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2007, 09:06:11 AM »
Or if you're Lou Ferrigno, you can charge $25.00.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
1. Guys who seem to think that the more you scream, the more weight you can lift.  (Four plates a side on the leg press, psyche up for 5 mins, then slightly bend your knees, before jumping up and congratulating yourself)

2. The idiot newbie's who take all the plates off one end of the bar and then wonder why the bar flips off and  lands on their training partner.

3. People who give incorrect advice out to people.  (I was doing pressdowns and some guy tells me to keep my elbows in. I tell him "I've just done 3 sets with my elbows in, the last one is always with more weight and a bit of 'cheating'.)

4. People who use the machines wrong.

5. People who obviously can't be bothered to find out how to train correctly.  (There was a guy the other day doing db kickbacks.  But he was just hanging his arm down and swinging it back and forward.  Even his mate, who was doing them right, didn;t bother telling him.)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2007, 12:29:12 PM »
1. Guys who seem to think that the more you scream, the more weight you can lift.  (Four plates a side on the leg press, psyche up for 5 mins, then slightly bend your knees, before jumping up and congratulating yourself)

We hae grunt boy at our gym.  He does bent over rows with 25's on each side and screams to high hell to get each rep up.  At first it annoyed the shit out of me but now I actually look forward to the laugh.

2. The idiot newbie's who take all the plates off one end of the bar and then wonder why the bar flips off and  lands on their training partner.

I saw these punks who put 4 25's a side for the bech and their goal was to strip off a 25 after a set of reps. Well buddy on one side forgot to strip off a plate and it was unbalanced and when the dude went to pick it up the whole thing bent to the heavy side where the weights slid off then flipped and crashed.  I nearly pissed my pants.

3. People who give incorrect advice out to people.  (I was doing pressdowns and some guy tells me to keep my elbows in. I tell him "I've just done 3 sets with my elbows in, the last one is always with more weight and a bit of 'cheating'.)

I overheard a guy giving a women some tips on bent over rows recomend she round her back more for a better stretch.  what a dipshit

4. People who use the machines wrong.

Like trying to do rows on the bench machine?

5. People who obviously can't be bothered to find out how to train correctly.  (There was a guy the other day doing db kickbacks.  But he was just hanging his arm down and swinging it back and forward.  Even his mate, who was doing them right, didn;t bother telling him.)

this comes back to not wanting to waste money on a personal trainer who will train them to be sea lions and balance on a swiss ball

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »

I fucking hate these guys in the gym.  Why do they always tend to be 50 somthing old men who barley weigh 180 and claim they are power lifters

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2007, 01:25:54 PM »
biggest pet peeve:  old man balls in the locker room.  For christ's sake wear a towel.  Nobody wants to see your wrinkly bag swingin around grandpa.  One of my friends trains at the Y and he says they have a couch and a tv in the locker room and old guys will sit there butt assed naked and watch tv from the time he get to the gym to the time he leaves.....just sitting naked watching espn.