Author Topic: WH Spokesman "Obama has a bias in favor of black colleges"  (Read 820 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
WH Spokesman "Obama has a bias in favor of black colleges"
« on: August 22, 2013, 07:13:46 AM »
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/20/press-briefing-principal-deputy-press-secretary-josh-earnest-8202013

The President and this administration have been strong supporters of historically black colleges and universities all across the country.  Funding for those colleges and universities has increased under President Obama.  And the President was pleased to have the opportunity earlier this spring to speak at the commencement at Moorehouse College down in Atlanta.  So the record -- the President’s record on these issues -- he has a bias in favor of historically black colleges and universities because of the service they provide and because of the quality education that they provide to their students.

F Obama

trengrowth

• Getbig II
Re: WH Spokesman "Obama has a bias in favor of black colleges"
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »
Who cares what he "favors" going to college is a good thing, white or black.

Plus im sure they will receive more financial aid at a black college then at a predominantly white one.

Would you rather them remain uneducated?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 07:40:35 AM »

Plus im sure they will receive more financial aid at a black college then at a predominantly white one.

What about "white colleges" or "womens' colleges" ?

trengrowth

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 07:47:25 AM »
Birds of a feather flock together... It's human nature to stick with those we are most alike...

Does this imply a promotion of sexism or racism?

Probably

But similarly would you like to be of the 2% white people in a predominantly black college?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 07:49:11 AM »
Birds of a feather flock together... It's human nature to stick with those we are most alike...

Probably

But similarly would you like to be of the 2% white people in a predominantly black college?

I don't have a problem w all black colleges at all.  What I don't like is the double standards.

as for your question - I am in the 2% of whites most of the time in the Bronx

trengrowth

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 07:55:01 AM »
Lol, that must be interesting?

I understand the double standard thing... But society is full of them.

Affirmative action is a great example of a double standard gone wrong. We gave "minorities" affirmative action, however the rates of college admissions of blacks actually started falling several years after it was implemented. There was an influx at first. But black admissions into colleges is an all time low now... Double standard failure..

I say let our soon-to-be-guy president do his thing and let the next president (who certainly wont be black) allow the normal order of things re establish itself.

I could be wrong, but in that case nothing good will come out of this political agenda. And a civil war could be looming in the distance.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 06:11:09 PM »

LMAO @ remain uneducated.

97% of them are even more ignorant after attending college. And the few that actually end up graduating have an inflated and unrealistic sense of accomplishment for what essentially amounts to a worthless piece of paper.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »
LMAO @ remain uneducated.

97% of them are even more ignorant after attending college. And the few that actually end up graduating have an inflated and unrealistic sense of accomplishment for what essentially amounts to a worthless piece of paper.

This is true of ALL the current crop of university graduates... black, white, asian, hispanic, makes no difference.

They were sold a 40/40/40 package that back in the 40's actually meant something.

You spend thousands of dollars on a good education, in order to position yourself with a good company for whom you will work 40 hrs a week, for 40 years, and then retire with an income of roughly 40% of what you were earning while you were working.

Problem is... the 40/40/40 plan doesn't work the way it was designed. It is an outmoded model, which if followed by today's generation will see them graduate from university with a mortgage (death pledge) strapped to their backs, and the inability to find a job.

There is however a better way. Not that there is anything wrong with higher education,
but the 40/40/40 plan isn't working for today's retirees, ...and will be even less effective for todays university students.

Ask the retirees in Michigan, or California firefighters, or former Detroit city workers how secure they feel in their pensions right now. The ratio of 45:1, 45 workers supporting 1 retiree back in the day has dramatically shifted to something like 15:1. Haven't kept up with the latest stats, but I do know at the current pace it will soon reach 3:1.

The babyboom generation is retiring en masse. Every 7 seconds there's a new one turning 65.
Everyday in America 10,000 new seniors start collecting social security pensions ...EVERY DAY!
Where's the money going to come from?
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 09:58:13 PM »

Probably

I graduated from an historically black college/unversity (HBCU). As I recall, there were a bit more than 2% of white people at my school. In fact, I've heard numbers as high as 10%.

And believe it or not, there is an HBCU with a predominantly white student body (Lincoln University). The parents sent them there, because it was cheap and close to home, which saved them money on paying room and board.

The qualification to be an HBCU is an accredited school formed in 1964 or earlier, for the specific purpose of providing higher education to black people, when they couldn't go to white colleges.

trengrowth

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 06:23:04 AM »
I graduated from an historically black college/unversity (HBCU). As I recall, there were a bit more than 2% of white people at my school. In fact, I've heard numbers as high as 10%.

And believe it or not, there is an HBCU with a predominantly white student body (Lincoln University). The parents sent them there, because it was cheap and close to home, which saved them money on paying room and board.

The qualification to be an HBCU is an accredited school formed in 1964 or earlier, for the specific purpose of providing higher education to black people, when they couldn't go to white colleges.

University with community college prices?? All the more reason to be pro black colleges.

lol