Author Topic: 2015 Olympia - Dennis Wolf trains arms eight days out.  (Read 9670 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
2015 Olympia - Dennis Wolf trains arms eight days out.
« on: September 12, 2015, 06:05:02 PM »
Looks good at the end when he shows off his arms. Has that near death look to his face.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Wolfman trains arms eight days out.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 06:22:04 PM »
One of the nicest guys in the industry
He's well known in the casting director circle too
w

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 06:34:35 PM »
Every year we anticipate some exciting unveiling, and every year we see the exact same shit as (or often worse than) the year before. Same here, watch.

Not sure how much longer I can front this 'half-full' optimism charade, fellas.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 06:35:11 PM »
One of the most likeable pros

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 06:49:51 PM »
Too bad he looks like he's gonna kill himself.
©

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 06:58:15 PM »
Gosh, such light weights and loose style. The only exercise he did strict was the triceps extension with the ropes. Love the convex preacher bench. Larry Scott recommended that because the elbows stay away from the pads.

Wonder what he would look like using my triceps exercise and biceps-supinator? He sure isn't putting his biceps under severe tension for very long in those reps. Short, cheating movements.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 07:36:52 PM »
Looks good at the end when he shows off his arms. Has that near death look to his face.

Blood pressure of peace

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »
Gosh, such light weights and loose style. The only exercise he did strict was the triceps extension with the ropes. Love the convex preacher bench. Larry Scott recommended that because the elbows stay away from the pads.

Wonder what he would look like using my triceps exercise and biceps-supinator? He sure isn't putting his biceps under severe tension for very long in those reps. Short, cheating movements.

... and you looked decent for one year in the fucking 40s.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 07:42:38 PM »
Seems like a nice guy.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:25 PM »

His arms would look exactly the same

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »
Yes, maybe guys like Dennis have reached maximum hypertrophy. My point is that anyone here trying to get bigger wouldn't do so if they trained like he did on the video.

I mean, if you are going to do biceps concentration curls with a 30 pound dumbbell you should try to do a fuller range of movement and keep the muscle under tension longer.

I was using that kind of weight when my arms were not even 16 inches!

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 07:53:40 PM »
One of my favorite bodybuilders personality wise, but his genetics just hold him back from the top stop. Lat insertions too high and small calves. Makes him look more narrow from the front.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:21 PM »
Yes, maybe guys like Dennis have reached maximum hypertrophy. My point is that anyone here trying to get bigger wouldn't do so if they trained like he did on the video.

I mean, if you are going to do biceps concentration curls with a 30 pound dumbbell you should try to do a fuller range of movement and keep the muscle under tension longer.

Well, things like the need for a full ROM and the required TUT for hypertrophy are classic, never ending debates. Look at Ronnie Coleman, he often trained with piss poor rep techniques but he's still the GOAT...
About the weight, his joints are prob fried at this pre contest stage, so why risk an injury?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 09:52:44 PM »
I always cringe seeing the colour, etc. of this guy's mug. He just DOES NOT look well.

If he's gonna pump this close to a contest, I think he'd be better off doing so to his calves.

Seems like a decent enough fellow.

Hope he gets out and salvages whatever he has left of his health before it's too late.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 10:00:08 PM »

Not necessarily. All relative to the individual. Matarazzo probably had the most ridiculous calves ever, and all he ever did was quarter reps. Just squeezed 'em up top, no stretch at all.

Most of the monsters use incredibly short range of motion. And if it works, why the hell not?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 10:18:25 PM »
If Wolf used Basiles Bicep supination machine, he would have massive arms like Basile.

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 10:21:16 PM »

He's 6 days out from the Mr. Olympia, you stupid moron. Why is he going to be killing himself to do 70 pound concentration curls? He's not going to be putting on any muscle in 6 days.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 10:37:51 PM »
He's 6 days out from the Mr. Olympia, you stupid moron. Why is he going to be killing himself to do 70 pound concentration curls? He's not going to be putting on any muscle in 6 days.

I don't take kindly to being disrespected at my gym or even on the Internet. So watch what you say to someone who has been there, done the lot. For a guy as big as Dennis I should think he would use somewhat heavier weights. He goes on about his fans but I wasn't impressed and neither should anyone else.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 10:46:58 PM »
I don't take kindly to being disrespected at my gym or even on the Internet. So watch what you say to someone who has been there, done the lot. For a guy as big as Dennis I should think he would use somewhat heavier weights. He goes on about his fans but I wasn't impressed and neither should anyone else.
lol

But ome thing you  forgot about these pre olympia videos is that they are often just a few weeks from contest and just want to pumpcand not get injured. I have no idea how wolf train in the offseason but can be totally different

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 10:51:02 PM »

Be quiet, you demented fool. You don't know shit. You look like utter garbage.
X

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 11:08:51 PM »
Every year we anticipate some exciting unveiling, and every year we see the exact same shit as (or often worse than) the year before. Same here, watch.

Not sure how much longer I can front this 'half-full' optimism charade, fellas.

Dennis peaked in 2007. Sliding into Palumboism ever since.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 11:19:57 PM »
Dennis peaked in 2007. Sliding into Palumboism ever since.

Yes, and Negro Jesus doesn't much trouble himself with muscleman miracles.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 11:37:40 PM »

Vince what's your "tricep exercise "? Did you post a video?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 11:57:26 PM »
Vince what's your "tricep exercise "? Did you post a video?

I must do some videos one day. One of the most effective exercises is what Larry Scott advocated. I made a few triceps machines for our gym.

The updated version has adjustable side pads to keep the elbows from going out to the side.

I even converted a Nautilus Triceps machine so it could be used properly instead of seated.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 12:04:10 AM »
Wolf looks like he's on the verge of Black Death for the past 6 years.  Ruhl genetics.  Luke Wood looked similar.
If I saw someone doing kickbacks for triceps with that form, I would be laughing.  Just goes to show how form means literally nothing compared to drugs and genetics.  Wolf actually uses decent weight in general though.
N