Author Topic: Banning Guns in Australia just created huge illegal market  (Read 17808 times)

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Banning Guns in Australia just created huge illegal market
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:18:15 AM »
So "you go Obama!"

Here is an article from 2002 (5 years after the ban came in).  It notes that it is easier to buy an illegal gun than it is to buy a mobile phone:

http://www.allsafedefense.com/news/International/AussieIllegalGunSales.htm

Here is a very recent one talking about the huge internet market:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-23/call-to-combat-internet-gun-sales-amid-sydney-shootings/4481232?source=rss

And here is another very recent one, saying accidental gun deaths are up 300 percent:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2974487/posts

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Re: Banning Guns in Australia just created huge illegal market
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:20:51 AM »
That's crazy talk. Banning guns will stop people getting guns. Then how can you shoot someone without a gun? Banning will work.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:21:43 AM »
That's crazy talk. Banning guns will stop people getting guns. Then how can you shoot someone without a gun? Banning will work.

Grow the fuck up, junior.
K

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:23:58 AM »

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 05:48:37 AM »

Banning drugs has worked real fucking well hasn't it scooter. Same principle in action with guns, or any other thing people want

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 05:50:32 AM »
What a load of crap, I have lived in Australian for 40 years, for the last 17 years gun have been heavily restricted, even if I wanted a gun, they would be very hard to get.  I could really get one if I wanted, but it means utilising criminal networks.  For the average law abiding citizen it would be much harder to obtain than for a criminal.  To suggest that guns are just as easy to get as mobile phones is the most ABSURD suggestion I have ever heard.  I can go to the supermarket right now, which is open 24 hours and buy a mobile phone.  To get a gun could take months of discreet questioning of workmates, friends, acquaintances etc etc without any guarantees at all.  Dazza is a complete fucking tool, either that or he is a Criminal who has easy access to guns.
V

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 05:52:42 AM »

Banning drugs has worked real fucking well hasn't it scooter. Same principle in action with guns, or any other thing people want

No fucking shit, fuck there are some dumb motherfuckers on this site lately who don't get posts

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 05:54:01 AM »
Are you a govt planted schill ekul?

The Daily Telegraph ( a very reputable Australian newspaper):

Police appear to be fighting a losing battle to control the number of firearms on our streets and admit that in some suburbs guns are easier to buy than a mobile phone.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 05:58:25 AM »

I agree, let's just give up, remove all LAWS and live by the LAW of the Jungle.  LAWS make absolutely no sense.  Their are many things that are dangerous and that are BANNED and those BANS are effective.  I would like to see the average punter producing their own military style weapons as easily as a STONER can set up a GROW ROOM.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 06:03:22 AM »
Are you a govt planted schill ekul?

The Daily Telegraph ( a very reputable Australian newspaper):

It's a metaphor you moron, not to be taken literally and is the opinion of some unknown journalist.  It is amateur journalism designed to inflame.  Like I said, I can go purchase a mobile phone right now, it is 1AM in the morning, where can I go to buy a GUN with such ease.  Please tell me!
V

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08:37 AM »
What do you do for a living ekul?  Or are you unemployed?  Do you have a university level education?   Did you finish high school?    Or are you just a moron with a tax payer funded internet connection and keyboard?   

I used to live in St Kilda, and I could have gotten a gun at 3 am in the morning if I wanted.  Could I get a mobile phone at 3am?  And no I have no criminal record, have a university degree and a job.

It's a metaphor you moron, not to be taken literally and is the opinion of some unknown journalist.  It is amateur journalism designed to inflame.  Like I said, I can go purchase a mobile phone right now, it is 1AM in the morning, where can I go to buy a GUN with such ease.  Please tell me!

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 06:26:41 AM »
So fucking what? Brasil has NOT completely banned guns and they are still losing the wars against gun trafficking, drug trafficking, child soldiers, child prostitutions....do you people not understand that there are thousands of underlying problems on complex matter such as this?

Its not ONLY banning guns, it has to do with the culture, the education, the perception people have of guns.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 06:30:25 AM »
No shit Sherlock.

So fucking what? Brasil has NOT completely banned guns and they are still losing the wars against gun trafficking, drug trafficking, child soldiers, child prostitutions....do you people not understand that there are thousands of underlying problems on complex matter such as this?

Its not ONLY banning guns, it has to do with the culture, the education, the perception people have of guns.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 06:32:26 AM »
No shit Sherlock.

Yes, shit.  And dont try irony now, you already posted like banning guns was the reason for the black market or whatever.  Your correlations are weak and should try looking deeper into social issues.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:16 AM »
What I mean to say  genius, is that I know that the problems are far deeper than the guns themselves. 

Yes, shit.  And dont try irony now, you already posted like banning guns was the reason for the black market or whatever.  Your correlations are weak and should try looking deeper into social issues.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:52 AM »
What do you do for a living ekul?  Or are you unemployed?  Do you have a university level education?   Did you finish high school?    Or are you just a moron with a tax payer funded internet connection and keyboard?  

I used to live in St Kilda, and I could have gotten a gun at 3 am in the morning if I wanted.  Could I get a mobile phone at 3am?  And no I have no criminal record, have a university degree and a job.

If you can get a gun at 3am in Australia, you are not the average citizen, you are definitely a criminal. And yes, you can get a phone at 3am, like I said, I live a 5 minute walk from a 24hour supermarket, and if I liked could have a mobile phone within the hour. 
V

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 06:38:05 AM »
If you can get a gun at 3am in Australia, you are not the average citizen, you are definitely a criminal. And yes, you can get a phone at 3am, like I said, I live a 5 minute walk from a 24hour supermarket, and if I liked could have a mobile phone within the hour.

I am talking 10 years ago, as is the article I linked to. And fuck you are full of shit.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 06:42:49 AM »
And fuck you are full of shit.
I was going to say the same about you, I have never heard so much shit in my life as to suggest that you are a normal citizen who can purchase a GUN at 3 oclock in the morning but is clueless how to obtain a mobile phone just as easily.  What a complete fucking LOSER!
V

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 06:51:36 AM »
For the average law abiding citizen it would be much harder to obtain than for a criminal.

This is the exact fucking reason we Americans are against giving up our guns.  Your words exactly, "For the average law abiding citizen it would be much harder to obtain than for a criminal."  So what you're saying, is that the criminals will be able to arm themselves, but the law abiding citizens won't; and you don't see anything wrong with this?   ???

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 06:53:06 AM »
Ha ha you really are an unemployed parasite aren't you?

You could walk down the street in St Kilda when I lived there and see drug dealers sitting in cafes doing deals on their phones, see stolen goods being sold etc etc.  All you had to do was LIVE THERE to get to know the people and faces.  

(for those who don't know St Kilda is one of Melbourne's most popular inner city areas.)

I was going to say the same about you, I have never heard so much shit in my life as to suggest that you are a normal citizen who can purchase a GUN at 3 oclock in the morning but is clueless how to obtain a mobile phone just as easily.  What a complete fucking LOSER!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 06:56:20 AM »
So "you go Obama!"

Here is an article from 2002 (5 years after the ban came in).  It notes that it is easier to buy an illegal gun than it is to buy a mobile phone:

http://www.allsafedefense.com/news/International/AussieIllegalGunSales.htm

Here is a very recent one talking about the huge internet market:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-23/call-to-combat-internet-gun-sales-amid-sydney-shootings/4481232?source=rss

And here is another very recent one, saying accidental gun deaths are up 300 percent:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2974487/posts

pic gave me a boner. Pretty sure employees go home with some of that stuff once in a while.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 06:56:40 AM »
Honest law abiding St Kilda Police:

Yesterday, senior Police admitted that in an internal investigations raid, they’d located a sizeable cache of weapons in the ceiling of the St. Kilda Police station, including guns, knives, a traffickable quantity of marijuana and what was thought to be a sizeable quantity of powder drugs (probably heroin, cocaine or similar).

http://www.smuggled.com/medguns1.htm

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 06:58:32 AM »
What a load of crap, I have lived in Australian for 40 years, for the last 17 years gun have been heavily restricted, even if I wanted a gun, they would be very hard to get.  I could really get one if I wanted, but it means utilising criminal networks.  For the average law abiding citizen it would be much harder to obtain than for a criminal.  To suggest that guns are just as easy to get as mobile phones is the most ABSURD suggestion I have ever heard.  I can go to the supermarket right now, which is open 24 hours and buy a mobile phone.  To get a gun could take months of discreet questioning of workmates, friends, acquaintances etc etc without any guarantees at all.  Dazza is a complete fucking tool, either that or he is a Criminal who has easy access to guns.

My guess would be you can't get a gun because you're mentally unstable.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 06:59:46 AM »
This is the exact fucking reason we Americans are against giving up our guns.  Your words exactly, "For the average law abiding citizen it would be much harder to obtain than for a criminal."  So what you're saying, is that the criminals will be able to arm themselves, but the law abiding citizens won't; and you don't see anything wrong with this?   ???
No I don't see anything wrong with that, I have spent my entire adult life in a Country that has that exact situation, and not only has it led to low gun homicides and no mass shootings, it offers deep peace of mind.  Criminals will always do whatever they like, this is what makes them criminals.  I could think of anything more terrifying than living somewhere were everybody chooses to own a gun.  Such a situation leads to vigilantism, mass murders, exacerbated domestic violence, more accidental child deaths, greater levels of fear, a culture de-sensitised to violence and an uncivilised society.  Oh wait a minute, that is starting to sound like America.  Ig more guns made a Country SAFE, America would be the safest place on the planet, and yet, a school child can't even attend a school that isn't heavily fortified and prisonlike and yet still fears they could be murdered.  What a crazy country!

When you speak of criminals, you need to realise that career criminals abhor the killing of innocent citizens, they have a code.  The biggest issue is gangbangers, and the rage filled unhinged individuals.  Those are the people you need to keep the guns away from, and by making guns freely available, gangbangers and the rage filled unhinged individuals have a field day with your current laws.
V

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 07:01:39 AM »
GOOD (EDUCATED) GUESS!  I never thought of that, but it does seem highly likely.

My guess would be you can't get a gun because you're mentally unstable.