Author Topic: 'No God' Ads, Soon To Appear On Public Transit Buses and in Subways  (Read 15460 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: 'No God' Ads, Soon To Appear On Public Transit Buses and in Subways
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2009, 11:50:23 PM »
LOL HAHAHAHAHHAHA WOW  :o I think its hillarious that atheist continuosly come on this board and complain about how religious ppl try to ram religion down there throat. Then turn around and defend or agree with atheist trying to push their agenda publicly...Ive asked this question to many ppl necrosis has avoided it multiple times, Whats the difference between religious ppl pushing their agenda and atheist pushing theirs? both do it yet you guys seem to only bitch and moan about religious ppl doing it, whats the difference?

i answered the question in the only thread you have asked me ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 06:26:02 AM »
i answered the question in the only thread you have asked me ::)
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=287840.25#lastPost

LOL go reread that thread brainchild and try not to prove my point and sound like little kid arguing with grown ups

better yet heres your response
i am fine with religious people keeping it to themselves, since they cannot then it must be opposed.
how is that any different from religious ppl pushing their ideas on you?

if you just want there to be no religious statements made in public life ok but then you go and agree with this idiocy and act like youre in the right?  :o hahahah WOW its amazing that you dont see the irony and idiocy in that contradiction...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2009, 08:24:04 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=287840.25#lastPost

LOL go reread that thread brainchild and try not to prove my point and sound like little kid arguing with grown ups

better yet heres your responsehow is that any different from religious ppl pushing their ideas on you?

if you just want there to be no religious statements made in public life ok but then you go and agree with this idiocy and act like youre in the right?  :o hahahah WOW its amazing that you dont see the irony and idiocy in that contradiction...

i cant even follow what you are saying. Religious people would continue to preach etc regardless of atheism, they act unconstitutionally, like the baby jesus set-up on gov property while atheist do not.

relgious people have there god on our money, deny people government positions and i dare say deny us the presidency of the united states. Not to mention they are closed minded impeders of progress.

atheism could not exist without religion, not vice versa.

One view is based on evidence the other on faith and superstition. If you can't see the difference then i do not know what to say.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2009, 09:37:08 AM »
i cant even follow what you are saying. Religious people would continue to preach etc regardless of atheism, they act unconstitutionally, like the baby jesus set-up on gov property while atheist do not.

relgious people have there god on our money, deny people government positions and i dare say deny us the presidency of the united states. Not to mention they are closed minded impeders of progress.

atheism could not exist without religion, not vice versa.

One view is based on evidence the other on faith and superstition. If you can't see the difference then i do not know what to say.
apparently you cannot b/c nowhere in that incoherent babbling did you come close to answering my question so Ill pose it again

You are against religious ppl pushing their views on you, right? but you agree with this add, right? whats the difference? atheist are pushing their views on ppl arent they? but youre ok with that?

how does religion deny ppl govt positions, presidency? thats idiocy thats like saying gays deny ppl awards at the grammys...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »
evidence, what evidence do you have that proves that God doesnt exist? this is the problem with your types you come out and act arrogant and all knowing yet know nothing more then anybody else...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 10:01:25 AM »
apparently you cannot b/c nowhere in that incoherent babbling did you come close to answering my question so Ill pose it again

You are against religious ppl pushing their views on you, right? but you agree with this add, right? whats the difference? atheist are pushing their views on ppl arent they? but youre ok with that?

how does religion deny ppl govt positions, presidency? thats idiocy thats like saying gays deny ppl awards at the grammys...

one is based on rational thought and the evidence, the other faith. I have a problem with faith and views that are inherently dangerous. This is the difference. Religious views tell you that you will go to hell, how life started, what happens when you die, how you should live your life etc..

the add if im not mistaken said there probably isnt a god, so stop worrying. I see that as a rational thought that people should ponder.

People are denied government positions, do you your homework before you call someone an idiot. You believe in the irrational, so who's the idiot?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2009, 10:05:02 AM »
evidence, what evidence do you have that proves that God doesnt exist? this is the problem with your types you come out and act arrogant and all knowing yet know nothing more then anybody else...

there is no evidence for god, that is the evidence. I believe in what is evident and logical. You cannot prove a negative and the logically conclusion would lead one to believe there is no god, at least how the bible describes him.

Being omni everything is logically impossible.

the religious act as if they know everything, shit you cant even change there mind with competing facts, that is arrogant.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 10:59:35 AM »
there is no evidence for god, that is the evidence. I believe in what is evident and logical. You cannot prove a negative and the logically conclusion would lead one to believe there is no god, at least how the bible describes him.

the religious act as if they know everything, shit you cant even change there mind with competing facts, that is arrogant.

Don't you have an unscientific, faith-based belief in how life on earth originated? 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »
Don't you have an unscientific, faith-based belief in how life on earth originated? 

no

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009, 12:11:59 PM »
no

What is your scientifically substantiated belief in how life originated on earth? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »
one is based on rational thought and the evidence, the other faith. I have a problem with faith and views that are inherently dangerous. This is the difference. Religious views tell you that you will go to hell, how life started, what happens when you die, how you should live your life etc..

the add if im not mistaken said there probably isnt a god, so stop worrying. I see that as a rational thought that people should ponder.

People are denied government positions, do you your homework before you call someone an idiot. You believe in the irrational, so who's the idiot?
I agree that it is a thought ppl should ponder even religious ppl should take that into consideration and decide what to do with it I have...that however doesnt answer the question What makes that any different then religious ppl trying to push their ideals on others? try to stay with this issue....

Exactly how are they denied govt positions you made the claim you back it up...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »

WHAT??????? I dont know whether to laugh or face palm in sadness that you even think like that. Im fairly certain you never attended college now and if you did you never took a stats class...Lack of evidence in your mind doesnt prove that God doesnt exist...Even if no evidence existed what so ever wouldnt disprove God you need evidence that disproves God to say he doesnt exist not pointing to a lack of evidence and saying seee no God...idiocy.

How do you know what I believe about God? Ive have my own beliefs and as such believe the Bible is skewed as it was written and translated by MAN that doesnt disprove GOD...

so again necrosis what proof do you have THAT GOD DOESNT EXIST?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 01:24:20 PM »
WHAT??????? I dont know whether to laugh or face palm in sadness that you even think like that. Im fairly certain you never attended college now and if you did you never took a stats class...Lack of evidence in your mind doesnt prove that God doesnt exist...Even if no evidence existed what so ever wouldnt disprove God you need evidence that disproves God to say he doesnt exist not pointing to a lack of evidence and saying seee no God...idiocy.

How do you know what I believe about God? Ive have my own beliefs and as such believe the Bible is skewed as it was written and translated by MAN that doesnt disprove GOD...

so again necrosis what proof do you have THAT GOD DOESNT EXIST?

i am 100% certain i know more about statistics then you, as i did advanced level in university ::). You took my quote out of context, there is no evidence whatsoever of god, therefore i do not believe in a god. It is both irrational and illogical to believe in something without proof.

however, logically we view a world that goes from simple to complex, never the reverse what relgious folk suggest is the complete opposite, that hypercomplex was at the start and made the simple. Also, to defend my suggestion that lack of evidence is evidence, we would expect to find some evidence of a loving, hyperintelligent being in our existence. The fact that all signs point to the opposite is in fact evidence.just like i cant prove gravity always works, i can point to the evidence that it does.the fact that no one has witnessed the law of gravity reversed or sidestepped gives us pretty strong inclination that it always occurs everywhere. However, this cannot be proven. It is reasonable to make assumptions like this when faced with overwhelming evidence or lack thereof.

For instance, if an intelligent being made this world we would expect it to be orderly and logical. however, it is not. Natural disasters occur at random, the eye is a poor design, child malformations and a star that will obliterate us, point to no intelligence behind it all. Why can i make this assumption? because i also am intelligent and can see that these things make no sense in a rational context. Also, one cannot know the future while being all loving in this existence. God in terms of the bible created people knowing they would go to hell, makes no sense and is logically impossible to reconcile.Hell also goes against an all loving god, another contradiction that cannot be rectified.

also, Never once have we seen god, pictures, a change in the physical laws, a miracle even. A complete lack of evidence for something that created everything and is claimed to be involved with it. Perhaps you should go back to stats class because probability is on my side, not yours. Not once have we found a god, or supernatural explanation for any discovery, out of the millions. This indicates that the trend will most likely continue and no god will be found. However, there could be.unicorns may exist but the overwhelming lack of evidence would suggest they do not, just like god. So i cannot prove a negative but i can make safe assumptions based on the evidence and the claims made, if a god existed surely some evidence would exist.

You think you are safe in your belief that you cannot prove a negative, as if that should make you more comfortable in your irrationality. Meanwhile the criteria you present or anyone presents of a god is impossible to measure in the first place making it a total non starter and irrelavant.

Now my question to you is what is your evidence for god?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2009, 02:08:19 PM »
i am 100% certain i know more about statistics then you, as i did advanced level in university ::). You took my quote out of context, there is no evidence whatsoever of god, therefore i do not believe in a god. It is both irrational and illogical to believe in something without proof.

however, logically we view a world that goes from simple to complex, never the reverse what relgious folk suggest is the complete opposite, that hypercomplex was at the start and made the simple. Also, to defend my suggestion that lack of evidence is evidence, we would expect to find some evidence of a loving, hyperintelligent being in our existence. The fact that all signs point to the opposite is in fact evidence.just like i cant prove gravity always works, i can point to the evidence that it does.the fact that no one has witnessed the law of gravity reversed or sidestepped gives us pretty strong inclination that it always occurs everywhere. However, this cannot be proven. It is reasonable to make assumptions like this when faced with overwhelming evidence or lack thereof.

For instance, if an intelligent being made this world we would expect it to be orderly and logical. however, it is not. Natural disasters occur at random, the eye is a poor design, child malformations and a star that will obliterate us, point to no intelligence behind it all. Why can i make this assumption? because i also am intelligent and can see that these things make no sense in a rational context. Also, one cannot know the future while being all loving in this existence. God in terms of the bible created people knowing they would go to hell, makes no sense and is logically impossible to reconcile.Hell also goes against an all loving god, another contradiction that cannot be rectified.

also, Never once have we seen god, pictures, a change in the physical laws, a miracle even. A complete lack of evidence for something that created everything and is claimed to be involved with it. Perhaps you should go back to stats class because probability is on my side, not yours. Not once have we found a god, or supernatural explanation for any discovery, out of the millions. This indicates that the trend will most likely continue and no god will be found. However, there could be.unicorns may exist but the overwhelming lack of evidence would suggest they do not, just like god. So i cannot prove a negative but i can make safe assumptions based on the evidence and the claims made, if a god existed surely some evidence would exist.

You think you are safe in your belief that you cannot prove a negative, as if that should make you more comfortable in your irrationality. Meanwhile the criteria you present or anyone presents of a god is impossible to measure in the first place making it a total non starter and irrelavant.

Now my question to you is what is your evidence for god?
as did i and you know that simply b/c there is no proof(as you would put it) doesnt mean that something doesnt exist if you did...maybe you slept through that day?

simply b/c you cannot see the intelligence doesnt mean that intelligence isnt there, again another fallacy of yours...

YOU HAVE TO DISPROVE SOMETHING WHICH YOU CANT, YOU CAN ONLY POINT TO THE LACK OF PROOF IN YOUR EYES AND SAY SEE IT DOESNT EXIST B/C I DONT BELIEVE IT. Again what PROOF do you have that God doesnt exist?

AGAIN you seem to have a comprehension problem hence your misunderstanding of you stats professor i assume...how do you know what I believe? youve never asked you assume...

Ive seen events, witnessed things that make me believe in God simply b/c you havent doesnt prove that God doesnt exist does it?

my evidence for God are my personal experiences, but again even if cant prove God doesnt mean God doesnt exist as you say, YOU WOULD HAVE TO DISPROVE GOD, so what evidence do you have to disprove God?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2009, 02:32:36 PM »
as did i and you know that simply b/c there is no proof(as you would put it) doesnt mean that something doesnt exist if you did...maybe you slept through that day?

simply b/c you cannot see the intelligence doesnt mean that intelligence isnt there, again another fallacy of yours...

umm thats not an argument ::) how is that an argument in favor of something? how is that a fallacy? lol

YOU HAVE TO DISPROVE SOMETHING WHICH YOU CANT, YOU CAN ONLY POINT TO THE LACK OF PROOF IN YOUR EYES AND SAY SEE IT DOESNT EXIST B/C I DONT BELIEVE IT. Again what PROOF do you have that God doesnt exist?

AGAIN you seem to have a comprehension problem hence your misunderstanding of you stats professor i assume...how do you know what I believe? youve never asked you assume...

Ive seen events, witnessed things that make me believe in God simply b/c you havent doesnt prove that God doesnt exist does it?

my evidence for God are my personal experiences, but again even if cant prove God doesnt mean God doesnt exist as you say, YOU WOULD HAVE TO DISPROVE GOD, so what evidence do you have to disprove God?
[/quote]

umm no the laws of probability are on my side, perhaps you should look at the formula,you are missing one key variable.

no it is you who has to prove god exists, i realize your proof or evidence is irrational and easily dismantled but provide something.

"Ive seen events, witnessed things that make me believe in God simply b/c you havent doesnt prove that God doesnt exist does it?"

if i take dmt i see fairies that doesnt mean they weren't real, but chances are they are not when no one else can see them. Along with corroborating evidence. sorry personal feelings aren't proof, you are irrational and illogically.

provide a definition of god and i will logically prove why there is no good reason to believe it exists. Provide your personal experiences also, whatever. Still no good reason to believe.

I cannot directly disprove something that is no avalible to the natural world, quite loophole you have yourself.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2009, 03:13:28 PM »
umm thats not an argument ::) how is that an argument in favor of something? how is that a fallacy? lol

umm no the laws of probability are on my side, perhaps you should look at the formula,you are missing one key variable.

no it is you who has to prove god exists, i realize your proof or evidence is irrational and easily dismantled but provide something.

"Ive seen events, witnessed things that make me believe in God simply b/c you havent doesnt prove that God doesnt exist does it?"

if i take dmt i see fairies that doesnt mean they weren't real, but chances are they are not when no one else can see them. Along with corroborating evidence. sorry personal feelings aren't proof, you are irrational and illogically.

provide a definition of god and i will logically prove why there is no good reason to believe it exists. Provide your personal experiences also, whatever. Still no good reason to believe.

I cannot directly disprove something that is no avalible to the natural world, quite loophole you have yourself.
oh goodness gracious necrosis i assume you know what type 1 and type 2 errors are since you supposedly know statistics now simply b/c stats say something is probably doesnt mean that is a certainty does it?

No no no you see you state that God doesnt exist so the burden of proof is also on you buddy. If you were to say God probably doesnt exist then you could get away with I dont have to prove anything but you state that for a certainty you know God doesnt exist so you must show proof, not lack of proof from the other side...

no matter what you disprove about my personal experience still doesnt disprove GOD, again lack of evidence doesnt disprove, YOU NEED EVIDENCE THAT GOD DOESNT EXIST TO SAY THAT...so what is your evidence?

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 03:48:50 PM »
The main difference between atheists and religious people is that atheists actually accept the possibility of a god, because of the simple fact that no one can disprove the existence of a god, or a pink unicorn, or a flying spaghetti monster.

So it is pointless to ask someone to disprove god. Meanwhile it is perfectly okay to ask for evidence of god. The burden of evidence lies on whoever is claiming incredible things.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
The main difference between atheists and religious people is that atheists actually accept the possibility of a god, because of the simple fact that no one can disprove the existence of a god, or a pink unicorn, or a flying spaghetti monster.

So it is pointless to ask someone to disprove god. Meanwhile it is perfectly okay to ask for evidence of god. The burden of evidence lies on whoever is claiming incredible things.
No atheist a vast portion of atheist dont accept the possibility of God ask necrosis...as ive already stated the possibility that God doesnt exist is a viable possibility and one that i think everyone should explore especially those that choose to believe. I have and although it was a very spiritually and emotionally painful process I am a better person and have a better understanding of my beliefs as a result...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 04:39:03 PM »
No atheist a vast portion of atheist dont accept the possibility of God ask necrosis...as ive already stated the possibility that God doesnt exist is a viable possibility and one that i think everyone should explore especially those that choose to believe. I have and although it was a very spiritually and emotionally painful process I am a better person and have a better understanding of my beliefs as a result...

whoever doesnt accept the possibility of a god or the possibility of anything are closed minded.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 04:42:55 PM »
oh goodness gracious necrosis i assume you know what type 1 and type 2 errors are since you supposedly know statistics now simply b/c stats say something is probably doesnt mean that is a certainty does it?

No no no you see you state that God doesnt exist so the burden of proof is also on you buddy. If you were to say God probably doesnt exist then you could get away with I dont have to prove anything but you state that for a certainty you know God doesnt exist so you must show proof, not lack of proof from the other side...

no matter what you disprove about my personal experience still doesnt disprove GOD, again lack of evidence doesnt disprove, YOU NEED EVIDENCE THAT GOD DOESNT EXIST TO SAY THAT...so what is your evidence?

i have already shown by analogy and probability that i dont need evidence. Physical evidence is impossible to provide against a supernatural being, its unfair. How can i disprove something immaterial? Again theorectical physics prove stuff all the time by lack of evidence and indirect assumptions. We have cell phones etc to thank for it.

the logical impossibility of god along with the statistical improbability that something who created and participates in the universe yet leaves no evidence exists point to no god. Just like it points to no santa.

The burden or proof is on you, i see based on evidence that there is no god, however, there could be.

you have presented no evidence at all.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2009, 04:58:13 PM »
i have already shown by analogy and probability that i dont need evidence. Physical evidence is impossible to provide against a supernatural being, its unfair. How can i disprove something immaterial? Again theorectical physics prove stuff all the time by lack of evidence and indirect assumptions. We have cell phones etc to thank for it.

the logical impossibility of god along with the statistical improbability that something who created and participates in the universe yet leaves no evidence exists point to no god. Just like it points to no santa.

The burden or proof is on you, i see based on evidence that there is no god, however, there could be.

you have presented no evidence at all.
OMG i know for sure now you slept through stats, simply b/c a hypothesis is proven false statistically speaking doesnt mean you support the opposing hypothesis, that my friend is statistics 101...

Your assertion is that God doesnt exist, isnt it? or is it that there is a possibility that God exist, but you think that one doesnt?

Mine is that I believe God exists is it a possibility that God doesnt of course nobody knows for sure. My personal reasoning for believing in God will not be enough for you, you know this and I know this but then again I dont claim that God does without certainty exist such as you claimed without certainty that God doesnt exist...

We are in the same situation necrosis you dont know for sure and either do I at least now you admit that the possibility of God is there as before you maintained that God did not exist...

You have no proof to show that God doesnt exist just as I have none to show that God does exist, agreed?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2009, 07:54:05 PM »
OMG i know for sure now you slept through stats, simply b/c a hypothesis is proven false statistically speaking doesnt mean you support the opposing hypothesis, that my friend is statistics 101...

You have no proof to show that God doesnt exist just as I have none to show that God does exist, agreed?

true, however this is not stats. Probability is stats, a logical argument is not bound by stats. Yes the null hypothesis is quite complex, when you are going three way anovas, post hoc analysis and ancovas..

i would argue that based on probability and reasoning one can reasonable conclude that the god of the bible doesnt exist. However, god could exist, i am open minded. I wish he did to be honest, however, i only go by the evidence.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »
true, however this is not stats. Probability is stats, a logical argument is not bound by stats. Yes the null hypothesis is quite complex, when you are going three way anovas, post hoc analysis and ancovas..

i would argue that based on probability and reasoning one can reasonable conclude that the god of the bible doesnt exist. However, god could exist, i am open minded. I wish he did to be honest, however, i only go by the evidence.

Ok now again how do you know what I believe? I do not take a literal view of the bible like some do, again it was written and inturpretted by man and is therefore inherintly skewed man cannot touch anything without altering it with bias especially writing history.

See now your arguement makes sense, neither one of us know whether God exists or not for a certainty your evidence isnt enough for me and my evidence isnt enough for you and thats all there is to it.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2009, 11:03:56 PM »
Just thought I would express what gives allot of Christians the "evidence" of God's existence. The Bible itself, when studied completely, gives most Christians astronomical amounts of "proof/evidence" of God's existence. Some of the most irresistible credentials, found in the Bible, comes from 5 major categories. These include Science, Health, History, Honesty and the overall Harmony that it contains. However, it does require that one study it thoroughly. Also, reasonableness plays a vital role as well. Not to mention, being open minded.

Before a REASONABLE person concludes that the Bible and the One who claims to be the Inspiration/Author of it, in my humble opinion, should at least study it in the context mentioned above. After all, the hope contained in the Bible is worthy to any human to at least analyze completely and in depth the message it is conveying. It's (message) is so overwhelmingly POSITIVE not too! Peace!

GC/DEA_AGENT

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2009, 06:56:46 AM »
Just thought I would express what gives allot of Christians the "evidence" of God's existence. The Bible itself, when studied completely, gives most Christians astronomical amounts of "proof/evidence" of God's existence. Some of the most irresistible credentials, found in the Bible, comes from 5 major categories. These include Science, Health, History, Honesty and the overall Harmony that it contains. However, it does require that one study it thoroughly. Also, reasonableness plays a vital role as well. Not to mention, being open minded.

Before a REASONABLE person concludes that the Bible and the One who claims to be the Inspiration/Author of it, in my humble opinion, should at least study it in the context mentioned above. After all, the hope contained in the Bible is worthy to any human to at least analyze completely and in depth the message it is conveying. It's (message) is so overwhelmingly POSITIVE not too! Peace!

GC/DEA_AGENT

no it is not, the old testament is filled wiht genocide and evil.. are you serious?

or are you picking and choosing?