Author Topic: Random religion board thread...  (Read 27551 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Random religion board thread...
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »
...just to keep something current here.

Sizwe

• Getbig II
Re: Random religion board thread...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 02:29:40 AM »
Depiction of Pope Leo the Greats meeting with Attila the Hun in 452 A.D. after which Attila decided not to sack Rome. It's unknown what was said between them.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 06:24:49 AM »
Hey Erik C....check this out....your post is deleted.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 09:39:20 AM »
That's a terribly sad story Erik C....do you have time to tell it again?

Oh yeah, your post is deleted......again LOL.

New day and new MOS...not puttin up with atheist garbage anymore.

You wanna talk?  We talk.  If we disagree?  No problem. 

You wanna insult and curse and all that?  You're done here.

Don't like it?  Too bad.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 11:45:54 AM »
That's a terribly sad story Erik C....do you have time to tell it again?

Oh yeah, your post is deleted......again LOL.

New day and new MOS...not puttin up with atheist garbage anymore.

You wanna talk?  We talk.  If we disagree?  No problem. 

You wanna insult and curse and all that?  You're done here.

Don't like it?  Too bad.

I didn't curse. You took what I said as an insult, because you are unable to accept the truth, because you live in an imaginary pretend world.

I challenge your non-existent god to fight me, to see who is superior. Could you arrange that fight, so we can prove once and for all that your cowardly god won't show up, and that I am its superior, and that you should be worshiping me?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 04:16:22 PM »

I didn't curse. You took what I said as an insult, because you are unable to accept the truth, because you live in an imaginary pretend world.

I challenge your non-existent god to fight me, to see who is superior. Could you arrange that fight, so we can prove once and for all that your cowardly god won't show up, and that I am its superior, and that you should be worshiping me?

LOL everyone drops the same backtracking line whenever they're held accountable.  "You just interpreted it as an insult."  Give me a break.

What are you on about?  Put down the whiskey and repent.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 02:06:46 AM »

;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 02:10:58 AM »
 8)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 08:23:14 AM »
8)

Taylor!  Hope all is good with you and yours!!

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 04:50:42 AM »
The priest and the dying soldier, 1962

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 07:44:44 AM »
The priest and the dying soldier, 1962

Where and what is this image from?  Historical setting is what I mean. 

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 08:14:32 AM »
Where and what is this image from?  Historical setting is what I mean.  
This was during a rebellion in Venzuela when rebels attempted to take over the city of Puerto Cabello and its Solano Castle.
"Picture was taken by Héctor Rondón Lovera of a dying soldier clinging to chaplain Luis Padillo. Braving the streets amid sniper fire, to offer last rites to the dying, the priest encountered a wounded soldier, who pulled himself up by clinging to the priest's cassock, as bullets chewed up the concrete around them. Rondón Lovera, who had to lie flat to avoid getting shot, later said that he was unsure how he managed to take this picture."

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 08:48:02 AM »
Mass being celebrated in Germany.

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 06:55:38 AM »
Joan of Arc, an uneducated peasant girl who from the age of 17 led the French army to numerous victories against the English, which she said she was inspired to do by the saints and angels who spoke to her in her visions. Although she never fought in a battle, her genius lay in the positioning of artillery.

"She is easily and by far the most extraordinary person the human race has ever produced." -Mark Twain

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 10:01:41 PM »
Emotional, cherry picking, nonsense.

Where's the love for the 20,000 children who starve to death every day?

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »
It's everyone's duty to help those less fortunate and I take my hat off to guys like these who make it their life's mission.

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 01:00:25 PM »
My most favourite sculpture by Francisco Zafra

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »
It's everyone's duty to help those less fortunate and I take my hat off to guys like these who make it their life's mission.

Being "less fortunate" is cruel nonsense.

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 12:36:59 AM »
Next Pope after Francis steps down. (Hopefully)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 04:46:51 AM »

This. No rational answer available.

It appears this god character has cherry picking vision only.
So many innocents dying every day - No help for them.
Yet in-numerous scumbag murders & tyrants carry on - nothing happens to them
They just get richer & inflict more death & misery.

And all these different religions pontificate how their god is all seeing & all powerful.
 ::)

Clearly god in all religious forms is just a made up entity - it worked to keep people in there
place & fear god - some kind of subtle brainwashing / mind control for a lot of folks.

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »
God Incarnate suffering temptation in the desert, by Ivan Kramskoi, 1872

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 01:30:39 PM »

This. No rational answer available.

It appears this god character has cherry picking vision only.
So many innocents dying every day - No help for them.
Yet in-numerous scumbag murders & tyrants carry on - nothing happens to them
They just get richer & inflict more death & misery.

And all these different religions pontificate how their god is all seeing & all powerful.
 ::)

Clearly god in all religious forms is just a made up entity - it worked to keep people in there
place & fear god - some kind of subtle brainwashing / mind control for a lot of folks.

A steward is one given authority by a greater power to manage a situation.  A king would often have governors or stewards over territories within his kingdom.

Mankind is given dominion over the earth:

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

When you're given dominion you act as governor over that with which you've been given authority, but from the perspective of the giver you are acting as a steward on his behalf.

God is the creator and king and empowers mankind as stewards in that they are given dominion over creation to govern it and all its resources.

People are created in the image on God and as such are imbued with his qualities regardless of whether or not they believe in him.

The image of God is often associated with our physical traits, but in actuality it's aligned with our spiritual qualities....our souls....the essence of who we are when flesh and bone are gone.

Whether theist or atheist, we can exhibit qualities of grace, mercy, love, justice, compassion, anger, jealousy, etc....just like God.

So when all is said and done it then begs the question: "What are we going to do to fix the problem we've created?  Are we going to be accountable, take on the responsibility and use the ample resources at our disposal to fix the issue?  Or do you want God to step in, defy your personal will and exact his will instead?" 

You can't blame God that has laid out every possible resource to fix the problem and complain he doesn't do the work to fix your mistakes for you. 

In essence, he lays it out for us to play it out and often times we plain mess it up despite every ability and resource to fix and prevent issues.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 12:48:01 PM »
A steward is one given authority by a greater power to manage a situation.  A king would often have governors or stewards over territories within his kingdom.

Mankind is given dominion over the earth:

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

When you're given dominion you act as governor over that with which you've been given authority, but from the perspective of the giver you are acting as a steward on his behalf.

God is the creator and king and empowers mankind as stewards in that they are given dominion over creation to govern it and all its resources.

People are created in the image on God and as such are imbued with his qualities regardless of whether or not they believe in him.

The image of God is often associated with our physical traits, but in actuality it's aligned with our spiritual qualities....our souls....the essence of who we are when flesh and bone are gone.

Whether theist or atheist, we can exhibit qualities of grace, mercy, love, justice, compassion, anger, jealousy, etc....just like God.

So when all is said and done it then begs the question: "What are we going to do to fix the problem we've created?  Are we going to be accountable, take on the responsibility and use the ample resources at our disposal to fix the issue?  Or do you want God to step in, defy your personal will and exact his will instead?" 

You can't blame God that has laid out every possible resource to fix the problem and complain he doesn't do the work to fix your mistakes for you. 

In essence, he lays it out for us to play it out and often times we plain mess it up despite every ability and resource to fix and prevent issues.

Didn't you have some near death experience or something, and god helped you out? i.e. the reason you became a christian?

I guess your own accountability didn't apply here.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »
Didn't you have some near death experience or something, and god helped you out? i.e. the reason you became a christian?

I guess your own accountability didn't apply here.

Yes I did, yes he did and yes it was.

My experience made me fully aware of my need for Jesus Christ and it revealed to me the sin in my life, brought me to a place of surrender and demonstrated my absolute need for a savior.  God drew me unto himself, brought forth the realization of sin, instilled guilt and accountability for my offenses against him in me and then washed me clean upon my repentant confession of faith in him.  An absolute moment of grace, healing, accoutability, surrender and redemption all in one....I was exceedingly blessed.  As time has gone on I've understood in greater depth the extent of my sin and Christ's sacrifice to resolve it on my behalf.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 04:11:22 PM »

Please tell me you aren't this ignorant. That every fucked up thing that happens to man IS man's fault?

Care to comment again about this biblical passage?

In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

How does this passage fit into your argument?  :)