Author Topic: why is evan centaponi so scared to compete?  (Read 9061 times)

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
why is evan centaponi so scared to compete?
« on: December 29, 2009, 09:17:57 AM »
dude, lets face it...ur scared....u run away from every show..in the past 2 years you have competed in 2 shows....do u make enough money..

be a man and jump in the arnold classic..

spinnis

Re: why is evan centaponi so scared to compete?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:54 AM »
he makes alot of money wiith animal so whats the point in risking his health more then he should?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 09:19:50 AM »
He`s probably trying to make changes in his physique so that he`ll be more competitive.....I highly doubt that he`d be scared.
 ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:19:51 AM »
lol he just doesnt feel he needs to compete too often. and hes obviously correct, since the big gaps have allowed him to make vast improvements and now be a top 10 bodybuilder on the planet.

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 09:22:25 AM »
jump into the arnold classic...why u scared...ur gonna make money no matter what...and youll prob be profiting..

if hes not doing the arnold, hes not doin the ny pro

meaning hes not jumpin into somethign until late in the season...

meaning he prob wont do the olympia beacause hes "not ready" yet again...

another year and a half out...

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 09:22:48 AM »
dude, lets face it...ur scared....u run away from every show..in the past 2 years you have competed in 2 shows....do u make enough money..

The truth is he doesn't like to compete. Then again I don't blame him. He is content collecting a check from Universal and doing the bare minimum in return (appearences, singings, guest-posings etc...)

Evan is the anti-thesis of bodybuilders. He'd much rather stay off of the radar and live on a deserted island than be in the limelight and be heavily involved in the sub-culture.

Can't hate a dude for that but, Yes. As a professional bodybuilder he should either compete more often or find a new 'career'.

- Block!
?

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 09:23:47 AM »
as long as he has contracts that don't require him to compete more often he won't
the newer generation isn't about competition, it's all about the money

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 09:24:11 AM »

He recently explained his rationale in an interview and it made perfect sense. If you think you can do better, why don't you show him how it's done.  ::)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 09:28:29 AM »
Seems you got plane tickets, hotel tickets and  Arnold tickets, just in hopes to see Evan in his speedos, and now that he doesn't want to do it your bent about that aren't you MR. schmoe

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 09:30:16 AM »
as long as he has contracts that don't require him to compete more often he won't
the newer generation isn't about competition, it's all about the money
" I dunno, homes... I dunno bout' dis new generation..."

Precisely. Evan was offered a contract for about 25% more than what he is making with Universal but he turned it down because it required him to be seen more and compete.

Let's leave lil' Evan alone. He isn't the bodybuilder that we expect. He sort of fell into this stuff and isn't exactly into the lifestyle as much as he is say... fair faced health care workers in Illinois.

- Block!
?

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 09:30:54 AM »
He recently explained his rationale in an interview and it made perfect sense. If you think you can do better, why don't you show him how it's done.  ::)

dude , im a fan of evan...been since he was an amateur....when dude turned pro, took a year and a half off..did the ny pro (which was not streamed thru the internet)..all we get is some dumb pics..most he was on stage was 5 mins...now hes takin another year and a half off...skippin the arnold...does not tell what hes doin next....

its kinda annoying..

be a man amongst man...stand up and be a soldier at war...

bang it out on stage..fight it out...stop being so conservative and "fully prepare" for a battle....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 09:32:08 AM »

I'm sorry!! Didn't he WIN HIS FIRST PRO SHOW, the 2009 New York?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 09:36:58 AM »
dude , im a fan of evan...been since he was an amateur....when dude turned pro, took a year and a half off..did the ny pro (which was not streamed thru the internet)..all we get is some dumb pics..most he was on stage was 5 mins...now hes takin another year and a half off...skippin the arnold...does not tell what hes doin next....

its kinda annoying..

bang it out on stage..fight it out...stop being so conservative and "fully prepare" for a battle....

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 09:42:25 AM »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 09:46:12 AM »

Good choice of music..

Motley Crue: Home Sweet Home. Theater of Pain. 1986.

- Block!
?

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 09:48:29 AM »
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

haha ...im just trying to rattle evan up a lil...

i mean, chubby cheeks dosent have a full time job or anything...why does he need so much time off...aside from wetting all the pants of all the MD followers..sleepin in his parents house....

body88

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »

its kinda annoying..

Perhaps he's taking the time to make changes the right way, so he doesent look like a bloated pieces of shit with a huge stomach.  Rushing anything in life always creates added problems.

body88

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 09:53:43 AM »

i mean, chubby cheeks dosent have a full time job or anything...why does he need so much time off...aside from wetting all the pants of all the MD followers..sleepin in his parents house....

The truth comes out. Jealous as the day is long.  The guys getting paid a pretty good salary to lift, while you obsess over him on the internet.  Owned.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 09:54:10 AM »

I just told you why. Making improvements and competing to win is one part of it the other is simply that he doesn't like to compete. He likes to be full, chubby, big, strong and live a germaphobe lifestyle.

" cuca monga "

- Block!
?

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
awesome guy  8)

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »

funny cuz you seem to be the most wet. why don't you just come out and admit your a schmoe with a huge man crush on evan?
its as obvious as the day is long, your not kidding anyone!

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »
His strategy has been working well so far... his first show was the 09 NY Pro and he won beating DJ and Ruhl. I'd probably do the same as him... you're not gonna get bigger if you're dieting for shows 10 months of the year.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »
What was it, try to clean up at smaller shows, unless "a big name" shows up? I was thinking he might try and repeat his gift win at the NY Pro, then word got out that Wolf was gonna do it, no Evan.

Block, there is only so much guestposing and working for Universal, if you  aren't relevant to fans (or schmoes) after a while.. Up comes the next guy. If Frank Mcgrath got his arm fixed (I dont think he is with Universal anymore) do you think they would pick him over
Evan, especially since Frank is the face and body of Animalpak.
As a matter of fact, I believe Brandon Curry is finally going to compete.

In the end this thread seems to may have backfired, because This just keeps giving Evan more exposure, and he didn't even have to get in shape and on stage for it .

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 05:08:19 PM »
What was it, try to clean up at smaller shows, unless "a big name" shows up? I was thinking he might try and repeat his gift win at the NY Pro, then word got out that Wolf was gonna do it, no Evan.

Block, there is only so much guestposing and working for Universal, if you  aren't relevant to fans (or schmoes) after a while.. Up comes the next guy. If Frank Mcgrath got his arm fixed (I dont think he is with Universal anymore) do you think they would pick him over
Evan, especially since Frank is the face and body of Animalpak.
As a matter of fact, I believe Brandon Curry is finally going to compete.

In the end this thread seems to may have backfired, because This just keeps giving Evan more exposure, and he didn't even have to get in shape and on stage for it .

excellent response...

look..if i won the ny pro, and had some sort of competitve /hunger to win...i would put my self in a situation like this years arnold....there is notthing wrong to place top 8 in this years lineup....i dont know why evan is shying away from top competition...or making excuses on why he dosent show his face much (dosent like to travel...ect..hurd it on rxmuscle)....but i just cant be behind someone who is shy and does not battle it out...

i was extremly dissapointeed  when i saw him at the ny pro.....his posing routine was just some lazy ass routin......he didnt show any kiind of competitive hunger.

weird shit

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »
dudes nothin special, looks blocky
Just another Paco