Author Topic: Recreational Drug Use in Bodybuilders  (Read 23675 times)

doggler

• Getbig IV
Re: Recreational Drug Use in Bodybuilders : Iron Rage on RXMuscle.com
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 04:50:33 PM »
This is true. He killed himself after listening to one of ESF's fictional stories.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 06:04:26 PM »
One example is David Death, who was a massive user of coke. Coke is all good provided you have the self control and discipline to use it, indeed if you do, its a wonderful drug.

Then he progressed to Nubain, then oxys then heroin (probably mixed with both alcohol and weed). And its at this point that for many it goes wrong. For David, he blamed "the doctors for prescribing the stuff to me". I call BS on that. Take control of your own use and blame no one else.

All a matter of moderation, but in my view, the only really productive drugs are stimulants such as coke, (and meth for a select few), provided you know how to use them (and for the vast majority of people they do not have the medical understanding or self control etc to use either).

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »
One example is David Death, who was a massive user of coke. Coke is all good provided you have the self control and discipline to use it, indeed if you do, its a wonderful drug.

Then he progressed to Nubain, then oxys then heroin (probably mixed with both alcohol and weed). And its at this point that for many it goes wrong. For David, he blamed "the doctors for prescribing the stuff to me". I call BS on that. Take control of your own use and blame no one else.

All a matter of moderation, but in my view, the only really productive drugs are stimulants such as coke, (and meth for a select few), provided you know how to use them (and for the vast majority of people they do not have the medical understanding or self control etc to use either).
You sound like fun
Deviated septum of peace

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Recreational Drug Use in Bodybuilders
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 07:15:45 PM »
I like Dave Palumbo's interviews- the guy seems to know how to actually let people answer questions. But wny do all these "ex-bodybuilders" look so unhealthy? And all they talk about is drug use. I guess that's the "sport".

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2017, 09:13:49 PM »
They talk about drug use because that's usually what ppl want to hear.

Hell, I met with a customer last night... Ex ifbb guy (speaking of rec's, this guys been a functioning meth user for years) anyways,  i realized that every time i talk to him he starts talking about "back in the day" steroids (most of which he's wrong about), & these conversations always start out on the phone and continue when we meet up in person. Drives me nuts cuz #1 i dont like talking "biz" on the phone and this guy should know that.. And #2 we'll discuss the order and then he'll continue on for over 30mins about various steroids when i wanna get off the phone and get shit packaged up.

Last night it was "Testex Elmu", which he was telling me was the "strongest" test ever produced (and arguing thatnit was called "testex emul because it was an emulsion". Lol) and "back in the day" novody could use over 6 amps a week b/c it was so strong. Saying it was  test phenyl-prop 200mg/ml and each amp was 2ml. Then said he would only do 5 amps a week for 1000mg (???) .

*testex elmu is 250mg cyp btw*

Last month, & the few months prior, the "secret unicorn" or steroids was testosterone undecylenate and that the gains from that were great and didnt aromatize and worked through some mechanism that was special... Etc.. Whatever... And he's so convinced of this stuff that i just kinda act like its news to me or agree with it. Instead of explaining test is test once that ester gets cleaved off. (or arguing that vicodin is oxycodone amd percodan is hydrocodone.. And xanax is name brand clonzepam and klonopin is it's own drug.. Wtf? Lol... Or that it takes 3 shotsnof espresso to equal an 6 or 8oz cup of coffee. Lol... It never ends)........ Anyways, the point is they just like to talk about drugs. Sometimes like theyre these mysterious, mythical exotic substances (like the humatrope vs protropin vs genatropin vs nutropin vs serostim vs Russian gh vs chinese gh vs. 191 vs 192 amino acid gh discussion last night as well lol)

It's like old mechanics talking about cars I guess, haha.  When i was in college and first started lifting I wanted to get a part time job at a local gym. They were hiring "trainers" and even though i didn't know that much I looked like I worked out so it was a good fit. The gym manager was an ex-bodybuilder and when I started asking about pros at the time he said "It's all drugs, kid. It really isn't a healthy way of life at all".

That's when I first realized the extent of drug use in the sport. That was in the mid 80's and from then on I pretty much lost interest in lifting other than for strength and general fitness. I follow GetBig because this is really the only place where people say it like it is, and with a great deal of humor :)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 12:54:39 AM »
They talk about drug use because that's usually what ppl want to hear.

Hell, I met with a customer last night... Ex ifbb guy (speaking of rec's, this guys been a functioning meth user for years) anyways,  i realized that every time i talk to him he starts talking about "back in the day" steroids (most of which he's wrong about), & these conversations always start out on the phone and continue when we meet up in person. Drives me nuts cuz #1 i dont like talking "biz" on the phone and this guy should know that.. And #2 we'll discuss the order and then he'll continue on for over 30mins about various steroids when i wanna get off the phone and get shit packaged up.

Last night it was "Testex Elmu", which he was telling me was the "strongest" test ever produced (and arguing thatnit was called "testex emul because it was an emulsion". Lol) and "back in the day" novody could use over 6 amps a week b/c it was so strong. Saying it was  test phenyl-prop 200mg/ml and each amp was 2ml. Then said he would only do 5 amps a week for 1000mg (???) .

*testex elmu is 250mg cyp btw*

Last month, & the few months prior, the "secret unicorn" or steroids was testosterone undecylenate and that the gains from that were great and didnt aromatize and worked through some mechanism that was special... Etc.. Whatever... And he's so convinced of this stuff that i just kinda act like its news to me or agree with it. Instead of explaining test is test once that ester gets cleaved off. (or arguing that vicodin is oxycodone amd percodan is hydrocodone.. And xanax is name brand clonzepam and klonopin is it's own drug.. Wtf? Lol... Or that it takes 3 shotsnof espresso to equal an 6 or 8oz cup of coffee. Lol... It never ends)........ Anyways, the point is they just like to talk about drugs. Sometimes like theyre these mysterious, mythical exotic substances (like the humatrope vs protropin vs genatropin vs nutropin vs serostim vs Russian gh vs chinese gh vs. 191 vs 192 amino acid gh discussion last night as well lol)

Many or most bb'ers are so fucking stupid. Testex is indeed just cyp, using the alternative name for the cyp ester cyclopentilpropionato. But no, it's some special ultra potent steroid. Same with the old Theramex Test "Heptylate" which was also supposedly some exclusive ester. But heptylate is just an alternate name for enanthate, nothing special about it. We have guys on this forum arguing there hasn't been any "real" tren on the market since Parabolan, at least nothing even close to as strong.

Reminds me of Craig Titus saying there's no real tren, not even Finaplix is real tren:

Trenbalone. Are you referring to all that useless yellow stuff people are making from melting down the pellets in oil and then selling it to a bunch of suckers? I seriously doubt that you or anyone else has any real trenbalone floating around. That drug has been long gone for years and years. You have a bunch of these so-called gurus melting down Finilplex Pellets (tren pellets designed to be injected into cattle) and mixing them in oil. All it takes is one idiot who is loaded up on test and this idiotic mix to say he's growing like never before and everyone will join in buying the stuff. Fact is that it's the testosterone that is working and not the so-called tren. My advice to you is to throw the crap out because it is useless! All these companies selling the shit were started from people trying to get rich, and they are. I've been laughing at this tren thing ever since Finilplex hit the scene about 6 years ago. There is no real Tren 

Simple Simon

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 01:05:51 AM »
Mexico is nice. Sure, there are poor areas, but people are generally nicer, even in the poor areas. The pace is slower and the lifestyle is more relaxed, as opposed to any large U.S. city. N.Y.C. and pretty much anywhere in M.E.X. are like polar-opposites (which may be true of any South American countries i suppose)

Given the choice, even with a modest income, I think I'd choose living in Tijuana over living in L.A. just for day-2-day comfort... And that has nothing to do with availability of drugs or whatever. Lol.

Sure, there's violence, but the violence you see on t.v. is primarily involving people in the Narco business. (speaking of "narco", ive yet to see an episode of that T.V. show. I remember seeing previews a while back but up till recently i was working and out of the house 16+hrs a day and had no use for cable and even cancelled my internet. I think its on netflix??). Anyways.... Most "civillians" are safe, & not subject to random murders and kidnapping. Sure, back in Oct '04 my business partner, 2 employees, and unfortunately an employee's little 11-12yr old niece who did nothingball day but watch soccer and wipe down the glass counter-tops  :-[ , were all arrested/kidnapped and never heard from again (& most likely ended up in 55gal drums of acid, or burried in a big grave in a ditch, as was the common method during that time. Google Tijuana's "el pozolero" :/ ), but my partner Armando was involved in "shady" business (not narco), & one thing led to another. Armando also owned 2 other pharmacies on Revolution Ave. (Ive talked about this before. They were taken in a Saturday. I was supposed to be there at the same time, but I happened to have a bbq instead (I believe we went clam-poaching on Coronado beach the night before & were BBQing them) and decided to go down and drop off orders on Sunday instead. Had i gone down Sat, i wouldnt be typing this.

Next time, can you go on a Saturday please?

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 02:04:37 AM »
Many or most bb'ers are so fucking stupid.

this sums up the whole thing
you really have to talk to real world guys in gyms, most guys are absolutly clueless about everything.. they just do whatever the next bigger gym rat advise them to do... they dont know about esthers, AIs, whatever. its like they take this many ml here and there untill they run out, not clue of what compound does what and how.
ask them about bloodwork and shit like that its like you are talking chinese to them, they just pop and inject whatever they have on hand at the moment, and mostly what they can afford (they are pretty much all jobless/broke)
but one pattern i noticed everywhere : GH is considered holy water by everyone

and some of those guys are fucking huge placing in competition and shit, some dont look like they lift at all
shows you how genetics are EVERYTHING

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 02:49:27 AM »

Deliberate?  Or typo?   ;D

As for coke (and most other things 'recreational') I tend to agree with the self-control argument.  Once you start doing anything daily, it's habit forming - even good stuff.  Isn't there a proper theory about this?  Once you find yourself unable to find a reason not to do a line of coke at 3pm on a Tuesday afternoon or something, you've got yourself a situation...

T

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 06:17:28 AM »
LOL - are you saying Mexicans are short?  Or that ESF is really tall? 

Las dos cosas. Mexicanos son pequeñitos e ESF mide casí dos metros.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 06:22:29 AM »
Werent pals and i hadnt met before that time i talked to him. I heard the suicide thing in the days or so after it happened. What shocked me was that he seemed in really good spirits. Was almost like he was surprised i recognized him and he was happy somebody was talking to him. He seemed to be positive and looking forward. Didn't seem like somebody who was still using anything. Didnt even notice any injection scars, but i guess thats not unusual since very few guys (aside from Cormier and Prince) had "track marks" (i only "tracks" when i was using nubain/torbu... Never got them years later on heroin).

You must have been very close to their glutes and touch them to feel the scar tissue?

Maricón.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 06:28:56 AM »
Mexico is nice. Sure, there are poor areas, but people are generally nicer, even in the poor areas. The pace is slower and the lifestyle is more relaxed, as opposed to any large U.S. city. N.Y.C. and pretty much anywhere in M.E.X. are like polar-opposites (which may be true of any South American countries i suppose)

Given the choice, even with a modest income, I think I'd choose living in Tijuana over living in L.A. just for day-2-day comfort... And that has nothing to do with availability of drugs or whatever. Lol.

Sure, there's violence, but the violence you see on t.v. is primarily involving people in the Narco business. (speaking of "narco", ive yet to see an episode of that T.V. show. I remember seeing previews a while back but up till recently i was working and out of the house 16+hrs a day and had no use for cable and even cancelled my internet. I think its on netflix??). Anyways.... Most "civillians" are safe, & not subject to random murders and kidnapping. Sure, back in Oct '04 my business partner, 2 employees, and unfortunately an employee's little 11-12yr old niece who did nothingball day but watch soccer and wipe down the glass counter-tops  :-[ , were all arrested/kidnapped and never heard from again (& most likely ended up in 55gal drums of acid, or burried in a big grave in a ditch, as was the common method during that time. Google Tijuana's "el pozolero" :/ ), but my partner Armando was involved in "shady" business (not narco), & one thing led to another. Armando also owned 2 other pharmacies on Revolution Ave. (Ive talked about this before. They were taken in a Saturday. I was supposed to be there at the same time, but I happened to have a bbq instead (I believe we went clam-poaching on Coronado beach the night before & were BBQing them) and decided to go down and drop off orders on Sunday instead. Had i gone down Sat, i wouldnt be typing this.

Si estuviste tanto tiempo en Méjico, porqué no hablas uma única palabra de español? Me parece que tús patrañas no tienen fronteras cabrón.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 06:35:52 AM »
Not so much nightmares, but i still think about it often. Just a normal lil girl. Rarely said a word. Employees were good guys too. Richard was a clean cut/straigjtlaced guy maybe 5yrs older than me. Didn't "party" or anything. Type of guy who probably got straight A's in school and would grow up to be a manager at an El Pollo Loco or something (imagine a 27 ten old version of that black guy from Breaking Bad... Minus the drug dealer/killer part).... And Reuben was a good kid probably 22yrs old. Partied on weekends but just drinking watching or playing soccer. Never "bad" stuff like drugs or whatever. Always good natured and a nice guy.

Entonces estuviste en Méjico durante años pero no sabes escribir ó siquera que quiere decir "El pollo loco". Seguramente lo comias todos los dias mentiroso...
A Getbig no nos gusta mentirosos cabrón.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 11:04:53 AM »

Maricón.

Legit LOL at Burt saying "Maricón" hahahaha!  ;D
T

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 12:05:08 PM »
This is true. He killed himself after listening to one of ESF's fictional stories.
speaking of "narco"... :D
Q

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2017, 06:09:28 AM »
If I speak vietnamese and tagalog from growing up in a Viet and Filipino neighborhood and dating Viet and flip girls what makes you think I don't speak Spanish as well? Since I operated a business in Mexico and Was in Mexico 4-5 days a week , in addition to keeping up with my Spanish in prison by translating for a Cuban friend in prison, and dating about 50% Mexican girls since moving to palm desert .

That you responded in English is hard to ignore.  

They say that pudding is proof.  Idk why they say that but you haven't given us any pudding.  It's time for you to be pudding up or shutting up.  

How do you say pudding in Spanish?

Simple Simon

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2017, 07:52:00 AM »
If I speak vietnamese and tagalog from growing up in a Viet and Filipino neighborhood and dating Viet and flip girls what makes you think I don't speak Spanish as well? Since I operated a business in Mexico and Was in Mexico 4-5 days a week , in addition to keeping up with my Spanish in prison by translating for a Cuban friend in prison, and dating about 50% Mexican girls since moving to palm desert .

I wouldnt be surprised if you said you spoke 57 languages.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 09:05:59 AM »

Still you had a hard time to memorize "el pollo loco". Do you know what it means?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »
A hard time?

Si. Tuviste dificuldad en te acordar de un nombre tan simple como "el pollo loco". DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEAN?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2017, 10:36:15 AM »
I can speak it better than i can write it. I learned by speaking it, not out of a textbook. Does floyd mayweather speak english? Yes. Can he read and write? No.. At least i can read most of it. You think i can write viet? Idiot.

Of course you can.  Como se dice: Lleno de mierda a globos occulares.

Si. Tuviste dificuldad en te acordar de un nombre tan simple como "el pollo loco". DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEAN?

A few possible translations.  I'm going with The Rampaging Penis.

Derrick Rigg

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2017, 03:08:35 PM »
Lots of recreational drug use around the bbers I hanged out in Miami, Houston, and LA.

Lotta coke, e, and alot more. I always avoided that shit so I could stay on track to my bbing goals. But too many wanted to party alot when they had some cash in their posers.

One guy, who is a former pro, can't even put a sentence together... barely... from so much drug use.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2017, 03:44:39 PM »
Of course you can.  Como se dice: Lleno de mierda a globos occulares.

A few possible translations.  I'm going with The Rampaging Penis.

LMAO. NO, but epic try,,
HAHAHAHA

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »

this sums up exactly everything in under 2 minutes
"

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2017, 04:54:04 PM »

this sums up everything in under 2 minutes

"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2017, 02:30:32 AM »
Let's see... I live in southern california, went to school in san diego & lived in linda vista and kearny mesa during school years. Neighborhoods and school was about 40% mexican, 40% asian (viet, hmong, lao, filipino mostly.. And in that order. Also chinese and some cambodian. Very few thai, japanese, or korean), 15% black, & the rest white or whatever.

In h.s. i dated 100% asian girls and most my friends were asian, so of course im going to pick up the language even if i didnt make an effort to learn... And i made an effort. And after h.s. i met my ex and when she spoke to her family it was always in vietnamese (except with her younger sister & brother). Every family dinner was in vietnamese. Of course they spoke english, but at home or amongst themselves it was Viet. Her parents go back to vietnam to see grandma so me and my ex go stay at their house in S.D. (Rancho Penasquitos) to help out and look after their business for 2 months (they owned a tailor-shop... I did the books/banking and she helped with the sewing with her older bro and lil sis). I was also watched my niece during the day while her mom worked at the shop, which meant i was at home about 50% of the time with the oldest brothers wife (who had just come over from vietnam & spoke zero english & who worked at home sewing because there was no room at the shop)... Now, my every interaction with her, if she needed something opened or a  ride somewhere or ppl calling the house, etc was all in vietnamese, for instance a plumber came over and i had to translate what the plumber said into viet to tell m father in law what the problem was. My niece, who was about 2yrs old, was learning english, viet, & lao. Therefor practicing viet and lao with her was also practice for me..... A lot of my ex's(and remember was with her for nearly 10yrs)  friends were filipino, & going to their family's house's for bbqs id hear tagalog again (id already learned in h.s.) &.could practice with their moms/aunts/cousins whatever. Old filipino ladies are way nicer than white people. And they always liked it when a white guy actually put in the effort to learn their language (hmong familys are the same way... Similar to mexican moms i suppose as well).....

So, if i can pick up and speak those languages, without taking a class in school, why the fuck is it so hard to believe I'd speak spanish? Considering where i live, where i grew up, ive owned a business in mexico, ive actually taken 2yrs of spanish in school (though i learned the majority outside of school), or that since moving to palm desert in 2011 ive dated about 50-70% mexican...

Jesus, just how many of you people have adult-autism, or aspergers?

I believe this post.  While we're being honest - let's admit that dating asians and mexicans is the classic loser white guy move.