Author Topic: Mr. Grand Rapids  (Read 9077 times)

ironjoe

• Getbig III
Re: Mr. Grand Rapids
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2008, 07:34:28 AM »
Thanks Jeffro.  I see your point Mike.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2008, 07:35:11 AM »
Ironjoe...did u get my email i sent u?
w

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2008, 01:16:31 PM »
Good calves!

BTW-I lived in Lansing for a while, trained at Powerhouse East lansing across from MSU-you know anyone from that gym???

A guy couple Tom and Kelly?? Ostrow (SP?) were running it for a while, and a guy named Jason (?) worked the front desk.

Names ring a bell???

Was it Tom Ostrander? I know at one time he was fairly close to Jermey Freeman

koho

• Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2008, 02:13:37 PM »
last year.................... .....year before that was 3rd
you wanna sell your "autographed pictures" and make a "training DVD" after winning thr "mr grand rapids" go right ahead lol
like i said with the advent of "you-tube" and "my-space" every girl thinks they are a "star" (singer,actress etc)
and with "300 dolla websites" and "you-tube" and "my-space" every local yokel bodybuilder thinks they are a "star"
*think Matt C and his four pages of "instructional workout videos" on you-tube*
my thought..............you might wanna place top 5 at nationals or maybe even turn pro before you start selling "autographed pics" and DVD's.

lololol...no offense but you sound like the jealous ugly woman when the hot one with implants walks in the room...who cares what he sells on his site....it seems more like you are jealous that you took a boat load of gear for a beyond sub par physique and this kid is natural and making you look like minnie mouse...Hope this helps.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »
natural?

really thick for a natural. good job then.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2008, 04:46:20 PM »
last year.................... .....year before that was 3rd
you wanna sell your "autographed pictures" and make a "training DVD" after winning thr "mr grand rapids" go right ahead lol
like i said with the advent of "you-tube" and "my-space" every girl thinks they are a "star" (singer,actress etc)
and with "300 dolla websites" and "you-tube" and "my-space" every local yokel bodybuilder thinks they are a "star"
*think Matt C and his four pages of "instructional workout videos" on you-tube*
my thought..............you might wanna place top 5 at nationals or maybe even turn pro before you start selling "autographed pics" and DVD's.

dude you sound very defensive. so what if he hasn;t placed in the top 5 at a national show..he can;t have a physique that people would want to look attain or is it because he has a better build than you..i really don;t understand where you are coming from..
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »
lololol...no offense but you sound like the jealous ugly woman when the hot one with implants walks in the room...who cares what he sells on his site....it seems more like you are jealous that you took a boat load of gear for a beyond sub par physique and this kid is natural and making you look like minnie mouse...Hope this helps.

:-X

100% truth ;D
irongearco.com

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2008, 10:04:46 PM »
Hey 20inchcalves, koho and maxx thanks!  You guys would make good partners at my work, awesome backup.  I have sold a few but not really much came from it.  I meet Tom in 2005 when I won the Capital City show he was cool as hell.  I think he is in my gallery handing me my sword.. 

Anyone have the August 2008 Musclemag I guess I am in there, man I wish I had it....

Thanks again for all the comments!  I know I have work to do I just love to train...

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2008, 10:14:04 PM »
Tom is in the white.  That is Justin Harris he was in flex magazine with Steve Kuclo a few months back training legs.  Hans Vandengraden the show promoter is the short thick dude.  He is a top five national middleweight competitor.  Maybe they have pics and DVD's, lolololol....  Tom is cool..

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2008, 10:17:43 PM »
My most recient pic.  (if ya care!)

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »
what's your training split look like?

If you're really natural, what do you think is the most beneficial way for a natural to train to add muscle?
Air Falcon

Boromir66

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2008, 09:29:21 PM »
Hey Joe you look great. You ever work at the IMAX in Ionia?

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2008, 09:48:02 PM »
IMAX damn bro...  nope!  Thats a real prison my friend!  Tell Killer Miller if you see him he's a dick.  Cop killer prick.

My training split is train everyday sometimes up to two weeks at a time.  Hard to believe I do well it is no lie.  I train one bodypart and 30 minutes cardio everyday.  On days I don't life (once every 10 days or so) I do 45 mins cardio on an empty stomach before breakfast.  Yes, thats the truth!  Weights seven days a week.  I know sometimes I am over training but for me its the only way to stray or get shredded..

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2008, 09:49:51 PM »
Trust me stage lighting is amazing.  Makes me look a lot and I mean a lot bigger than I am.  Sucks to in a way because I am average looking in bigger clothes..  O'well.

Boromir66

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2008, 10:30:22 PM »
IMAX damn bro...  nope!  Thats a real prison my friend!  Tell Killer Miller if you see him he's a dick.  Cop killer prick.

I grew up in Ionia...moved to Fresno...thinking about it it's NOT that much different.......still want that shotgun handy if there's a riot ~smirks~ ANYWAYS..you look good and a positive for this board...

stay safe and watch yer back

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2008, 11:18:07 PM »
Do you work in state prison in Cal?  Fresno home of Flex Wheeler the best of all time...

AVBG

« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2008, 11:21:06 PM »

My training split is train everyday sometimes up to two weeks at a time.  Hard to believe I do well it is no lie.  I train one bodypart and 30 minutes cardio everyday.  On days I don't life (once every 10 days or so) I do 45 mins cardio on an empty stomach before breakfast.  Yes, thats the truth!  Weights seven days a week.  I know sometimes I am over training but for me its the only way to stray or get shredded..

Do you have a sluggish metabolism (normally) and that's why so much cardio? How much weight did you need to drop to get into contest shape? (sorry if this has already been asked).

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2008, 11:33:39 PM »
I am 220 off-season and 196 contest.  I think my metabolism is pretty normal.

Boromir66

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2008, 07:46:26 PM »
Do you work in state prison in Cal?  Fresno home of Flex Wheeler the best of all time...

No I never became a CO. I scored an 89 on the state entrance test but never took the classes. I only took the test because a friend  was taking the courses and he said to take it and just see how it went. Well he only scored a 64 and wasn't to happy with me and the friendship kinda went south after that. I instead went the factory rat route and took my chances with the presses and not getting crushed.

OH and yeah I've ran into Ken Wheeler a few times since I've been here.

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2008, 06:30:16 AM »
Being a C.O. is a great job you should re-consider it.  If you see flex tell him he is the man for me.