Author Topic: How do you get soot out of carpets?  (Read 1004 times)

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
How do you get soot out of carpets?
« on: November 21, 2006, 12:15:49 PM »
Emergancy! Will i need to get them professionaly cleaned, or is there products available that will do the job?

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
Re: How do you get soot out of carpets?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 12:30:53 PM »
Emergancy! Will i need to get them professionaly cleaned, or is there products available that will do the job?

Cover it with red wine.

It works a treat.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 12:53:29 PM »

Smear the soot with a thick, generous coating of dog shit and let it set. No more soot problem.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 12:55:18 PM »
Buy a small steam cleaner.
They are cheap and they work great.
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 01:00:25 PM »
Buy a small steam cleaner.
They are cheap and they work great.

Better: Rent a big steam carpet cleaner at a store. They normally have them for rent at carpet stores or at big building coumpound supermarkets (Whatever the fucking word might that be in english).

It's cheaper and more effective. I paid about 20 euros and i got the whole apartment look like new.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 09:21:43 PM »

Did you already attempt a clean up?  ??? :-\ :-\ :-\

A steam cleaner would be the last thing I try.  Depends on the soot source.  It could be oily and ... well, you know the oil & water thing  :-\  could make a bigger mess.  I might try this first, using the nozzle attachment of a vacuum cleaner clean most of it up holding the nozzle slightly off the surface.  Try not to rub the soot  into the carpet. Then sprinkle talcum powder or baking soda over it and brush in, then vacuum as normal.  If that doesn't work, then I might try a dry cleaner.
:

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 02:07:08 AM »
cut it out

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 02:18:00 AM »

Blue Coral sells a spot remover that works very well on just about any stain.It is found in the Automotive department in stores like Wal Mart.It breaks the stain loose and you use a soft towel to "BLOT" the stain..NEVER RUB(in my opinion) it tends to work the dirt into the fiber.It works well on very old stains too.It is sold for auto upholstery normally.I can't remember the exact name on the can but it is in a light blue can.I have used it to get grease out of the carpet of my truck several times.Good shit. About 4 bucks a can here.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 03:53:36 AM »
Thanks guys [and girl], i'll hire a steam cleaner.