Author Topic: No more losing sleep fellas  (Read 8682 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: No more losing sleep fellas
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 03:38:17 PM »
So should the FBI just disregard all cases of stolen property? One can argue that Brady got special treatment, and I would agree, but the jersey's recovery falls to the FBI, and it's always been that way.

Why does a stolen garment of clothing go to the FBI?

If you get a shirt stolen, does the FBI come out?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 04:06:50 PM »
Why does a stolen garment of clothing go to the FBI?

If you get a shirt stolen, does the FBI come out?

Whether you agree with it or not, I'm sure you could find a decent number of people that feel Brady's jersey is a legitimate, and expensive piece of American sporting history. And when it was stolen, it crossed multiple states and an international border(s), that allows it to be investigated by them, because technically it becomes a federal crime. It has always been that way, same thing allows them to intercede in investigations of art theft, jewelry theft, etc....

Who's to say that Brady's jersey isn't as valuable to him or the Patriots as Elvis's Jewelry was to Graceland (http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/fbi-investigating-stolen-elvis-jewelry/4731#.WNWkIVXyvIU), or Tiffany's Jewelry was  to it
(http://www.darientimes.com/21521/fbi-charges-former-tiffanys-exec-for-stealing-1-3-million-in-jewels/), etc.... I'm not going to to be mad at Brady asking for help, or the FBI for doing something that it always have done.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:21 PM »
If someone stole posing trunks of Ronnie Coleman from 2003 Mr. Olympia would similar operation be launched?

I'm not planning anything.. just wondering :-X

However many troops were involved in the Iraq invasion, double it.  The thought of this sort of attrocity
will give me sleepless nights.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 07:38:24 PM »
Case closed, FBI showed up in Boston to return Stolen National Treasures found in Mexico

I actually love the pats, cuz they are the team that made me give up watching sports and wasting epic time on them.

believe it was 2015 when they play my beloved ravens in the NFC play off game (deflate gate year) the ravens were winning, the pats were running illigal pass route, the ravens coach called the refs over and threw a shit fit due to the illegal routes but it was never acknowledged etc

ravens blew the leads, the pats won. that point on, i dont follow sports really. i watched maybe 2 hours total of the NFL this year,

i will go to live MLB baseball games cuz in the summer tickets are cheap, statidum is close to my place and more of a social thing/date thing

otherwise.... well Moto GP if i can randomly catch it on tv..

so many of my friends spend all their god damn free time watching sports - hey each their own

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »
No, it's a waste of money. It does nothing for humanity. It's for one player. Waste of time and resources. Their time could have been spent solving much more important crimes.

It does nothing for humanity? Explain this please.

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 08:24:29 PM »
Pinches gringos and their toss thingie bullshit!...Nobody in the rest of The World gives a Flying shit about your game!...and the irony of All, It was a wetback who violated your so called treasure!...Even the FBI had to get involved!...Pathetic fucks!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 08:34:32 PM »
Pinches gringos and their toss thingie bullshit!...Nobody in the rest of The World gives a Flying shit about your game!...and the irony of All, It was a wetback who violated your so called treasure!...Even the FBI had to get involved!...Pathetic fucks!

Calm down Chewy

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 08:53:16 PM »
It does nothing for humanity? Explain this please.

Now, I think his point is that it doesn't really increase the value of society as a whole on a base level.

It is true that it does not.

That said, it is entertainment. No better or worse than movies, video games, or theater.

Now, where it is actually worse is that we know that micro concussions happen every play and that it is a dangerous endeavor.

There will come a time when the only way football could continue would be for it to be played by robots controlled by humans elsewhere that were not touched or hurt.

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 08:59:51 PM »
Now, I think his point is that it doesn't really increase the value of society as a whole on a base level.

That said, it is entertainment. No better or worse than movies, video games, or theater.

Now, where it is actually worse is that we know that micro concussions happen every play and that it is a dangerous endeavor.

There will come a time when the only way football could continue would be for it to be played by robots controlled by humans elsewhere that were not touched or hurt.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »

I'm going to bed. But that last part, you can't be serious. I'll give a detailed explanation sometime tomorrow of you're partly right but more off base, based on personal, day to day experience that I see.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 10:23:04 PM »
So should the FBI just disregard all cases of stolen property? One can argue that Brady got special treatment, and I would agree, but the jersey's recovery falls to the FBI, and it's always been that way.

It's the fact that so much attention was paid to this piece of clothing. It's a shirt, and the FBI, local and state police as well as another country's law enforcement were all involved.

Does this crime warrant that many resources? Would they do the same if it were Kapernick winning a Superbowl, because we now know they didn't invest that much into finding Von Miller's SB helmet or Kurt Warmers jersey from a SB.

It's not that they shouldn't have investigated it's that this became a primary investigation.  There are plenty ofl stolen real historic  artifacts that are worth very much that havent and wont be found (becasue its not an issue).

And the thief isn't arrested or being prosecuted. Why?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 10:28:55 PM »
I'm going to bed. But that last part, you can't be serious. I'll give a detailed explanation sometime tomorrow of you're partly right but more off base, based on personal, day to day experience that I see.

Dead serious.

It might not be in 10 or 20 years, but it will happen.

It's a violent sport and violent sports aren't sustainable. The more we learn about head trauma, the less likely parents will let their small children play the sport.

Then teens will be next to be told no and so on.

ESports have already started to take off and when the meld the esports with the common sports you know via robotics, that's what will happen.

I hope I'm alive to see it because it will be interesting.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »
It's the fact that so much attention was paid to this piece of clothing. It's a shirt, and the FBI, local and state police as well as another country's law enforcement were all involved.

That's the way these things are sometimes. I can get being annoyed at the fact that a rich guy and his team probably called in favors, etc.... But realistically if you were in his position would you not do the same? I'm sure most would. Also it wasn't like they asked for anything technically outside the scope of the FBI. They're there to handle interstate and international crime.

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 10:50:16 PM »
That's the way these things are sometimes. I can get being annoyed at the fact that a rich guy and his team probably called in favors, etc.... But realistically if you were in his position would you not do the same? I'm sure most would. Also it wasn't like they asked for anything technically outside the scope of the FBI. They're their to handle interstate and international crime.

Crime??....Fuck Off!!...It Was a Couple of Cotton Shirts (probably made in China) and some plastic trophies!...

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 10:52:26 PM »
Dead serious.

It's a violent sport and violent sports aren't sustainable. The more we learn about head trauma, the less likely parents will let their small children play the sport.

ESports have already started to take off and when the meld the esports with the common sports you know via robotics, that's what will happen.

It will never happen. They've rallied against Football, Boxing, MMA, etc.... for decades, and it never goes anywhere. The quality of play may go down in the next few decades as the pool of athletes get smaller or ethnically changes, but there will always be poor willing to trade their health for a chance at big money.

Also I doubt the odds makers, sports marketers, etc..... go for it.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 10:56:51 PM »
Crime??....Fuck Off!!...It Was a Couple of Cotton Shirts (probably made in China) and some plastic trophies!...

They were shirts that hold memories for the guy, and they were estimated in the mid six figures. I don't care who you are, no one likes to lose their stuff. It may seem silly, but different strokes for different folks.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 11:05:42 PM »
Dead serious.

Woke up to pee. It's been sustainable for 125 years and the more they bitch about head trauma (knowingly it's inevitable) no matter what helmet technology no matter how they wrap up a tackle (although most teams and youth leagues are going rugby style) it's going to be there. Some positions more than others. You cannot completely eliminate the risk.

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 11:07:49 PM »
They were shirts that hold memories for the guy, and they were estimated in the mid six figures. I don't care who you are, no one likes to lose their stuff. It may seem silly, but different strokes for different folks.

You're Right, I'm Not Doubting You, But bringing the FBI to This, C'mon, That's embarrassing to the Agency!...And the wetback just casually walked in and Out with All the useless Shit!....How Simple!...With All of Today's Surveillance Technology!.... KKK is turning over their burning stakes!...Confederation flags flyin' high, nonetheless, I Bet!...hehe! ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2017, 06:11:09 AM »
Whether you agree with it or not, I'm sure you could find a decent number of people that feel Brady's jersey is a legitimate, and expensive piece of American sporting history. And when it was stolen, it crossed multiple states and an international border(s), that allows it to be investigated by them, because technically it becomes a federal crime. It has always been that way, same thing allows them to intercede in investigations of art theft, jewelry theft, etc....

Who's to say that Brady's jersey isn't as valuable to him or the Patriots as Elvis's Jewelry was to Graceland (http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/fbi-investigating-stolen-elvis-jewelry/4731#.WNWkIVXyvIU), or Tiffany's Jewelry was  to it
(http://www.darientimes.com/21521/fbi-charges-former-tiffanys-exec-for-stealing-1-3-million-in-jewels/), etc.... I'm not going to to be mad at Brady asking for help, or the FBI for doing something that it always have done.

So, then we agree, that it has zero to do with stolen property, and 100% to do with the fact that it's Tom Brady.
X

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2017, 08:06:18 AM »
That's the way these things are sometimes. I can get being annoyed at the fact that a rich guy and his team probably called in favors, etc.... But realistically if you were in his position would you not do the same? I'm sure most would. Also it wasn't like they asked for anything technically outside the scope of the FBI. They're there to handle interstate and international crime.

I'm not disputing the fact the money/prestige/power brings results. Tom Brandy has advantage or opportunities that common men don't.

That said a shirt shouldn't be a matter of national security.

Isn't there a top 10  most wanted list that they have? They found a shirt in Mexico but the guys on the top 10 list are really hard to capture........

People don't always agree. But I understand your points.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2017, 11:19:12 AM »
So, then we agree, that it has zero to do with stolen property, and 100% to do with the fact that it's Tom Brady.

70/30.

30% I'm pretty sure you, I, whoever, could probably at least talk to an FBI agent if we had a a six figure jersey stolen, and perhaps get them to take a small interest at least.

70% I'm sure they went extra hard after it because calls were made, and favors were called in.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2017, 12:03:13 PM »
70/30.

30% I'm pretty sure you, I, whoever, could probably at least talk to an FBI agent if we had a a six figure jersey stolen, and perhaps get them to take a small interest at least.

70% I'm sure they went extra hard after it because calls were made, and favors were called in.

I agree its expensive sport memorabilia, but would not chalk it up to a "national treasure."

Nonetheless, so many different departments were involved because of who he is. Id put it more at 95/5.

If I reported an expensive jersey, it would go under a stack of papers for "god" knows how long. They would say they have more important matters to attend to.
X

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2017, 09:09:17 AM »
Woke up to pee. It's been sustainable for 125 years and the more they bitch about head trauma (knowingly it's inevitable) no matter what helmet technology no matter how they wrap up a tackle (although most teams and youth leagues are going rugby style) it's going to be there. Some positions more than others. You cannot completely eliminate the risk.

Which is why one day it will be gone.

E sports will be the future.

Remember my chart on monies?

Go look at all of the sports in the world and they don't even come close to the revenue of video games.

The NFL has hit saturation point and it's all down hill from here.

You can't protect players without changing the game. As the game is changed, less people will watch. Eventually it will be nominal.

Time will tell. As I said, I hope I'm alive to see the changes.