Author Topic: Regarding myself and cancer  (Read 44253 times)

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
Re: Bob chick cancer
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 11:37:20 AM »
it's been brought to my attention that there was a thread about me having colon cancer...not true.

While I don't share most of my private life for obvious reasons, I appreciate the concern from people in my well being

As most of you know, my father recently passed away ( Dec 26) from advanced prostate cancer...he was diagnosed  about 13 years ago

One year ago, I was diagnosed with the beginning stages of prostate cancer, and the Gleason score indicated it was pretty aggressive...just like my fathers.

My father elected to go the radiation route, as it was the newest treatment back then...obviously, it didn't work

My choice was fairly obvious, prostate removal, with the newest technology...divinci robot assisted radical prostatectomy...which I did.

Surgery was successful, I'm cancer free ( for now)....and a series of follow up PSA's will let us know if I remain cancer free...

I thank God I was able to heal quickly in order to help my father and family through  what would be, his last 6 months with us...

First PSA resulted in an undetectable score ( best case scenario)....I'm due for another one now....

All good boys....

are you sure the story was about colon cancer? you know how getbig is, im sure they were talking about your ass, not cancer-wise though  ;D

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 11:44:18 AM »
My choice was fairly obvious, prostate removal, with the newest technology...divinci da Vinci robot assisted radical prostatectomy...which I did.

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »
Good news Bob

Gab

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
Great to hear!

Cutlet767

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »
Well we wouldn't want that now would we.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 11:49:06 AM »
Hey chick, did you get your prostate checked due to age? or family history? and if you went in voluntarily what made you get it checked out? I only ask because i'm 34 and dont go to dr at all, i've seen a Dr maybe 3 times since i turned 18.

Both age And history...

I just happened to be due for my yearly test...and since I was taking my father to one of his various visits at the time, decided to just have his dr. Do it as he had been my dads dr for many years...

at 34 you're still a few years away from needing a yearly test...

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 11:49:21 AM »
HONEST QUESTION BOB.  What is lost/gained from prostate removal?  I mean how does it affect your life afterwards, what types of things do you have to worry about.  Why do we even need prostates?
Are you kiddin me - I bet poor old Bob is missing the good wood! Sorry to hear about the medical issues - and hopefully the tackle is working - even if it wasn't I would be telling everybody it still goes as stiff as Iron.

.. and this is what gets me about bodybuilders who feign an interest in health and fitness, yet their weight training is superficial - a real trainer should at least know the basics of human male anatomy - if you dont what your prostate does or even why you have one - well, it might be time to take some time off the gym and read a few books, there are other parts of the body that matter other than Biceps.
V

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »
Had me worried in the first few sentence of your post. Best wishes from this side of the pond.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
i red "bob chick dancer"

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »

Solid dude. All the way solid dude.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »
thanks

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2012, 12:06:44 PM »
it's been brought to my attention that there was a thread about me having colon cancer...not true.

While I don't share most of my private life for obvious reasons, I appreciate the concern from people in my well being

As most of you know, my father recently passed away ( Dec 26) from advanced prostate cancer...he was diagnosed  about 13 years ago

One year ago, I was diagnosed with the beginning stages of prostate cancer, and the Gleason score indicated it was pretty aggressive...just like my fathers.

My father elected to go the radiation route, as it was the newest treatment back then...obviously, it didn't work

My choice was fairly obvious, prostate removal, with the newest technology...divinci robot assisted radical prostatectomy...which I did.

Surgery was successful, I'm cancer free ( for now)....and a series of follow up PSA's will let us know if I remain cancer free...

I thank God I was able to heal quickly in order to help my father and family through  what would be, his last 6 months with us...

First PSA resulted in an undetectable score ( best case scenario)....I'm due for another one now....

All good boys....

thanks for the clarification.....hope all is well, Big Guy

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2012, 12:08:04 PM »
Bob, does this mean I get to own you for another 50 years?  ;D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »
yes, indeed my friend....

Early detection is the key...I have been diligent in having the yearly exam since I turned 40...that said, because of my dads history, it was more essential that I went ahead with the biopsy since the PSA score wasn't THAT high...in normal circumstance, he would have sent me on my way till next year...but I went to the same Dr. As my father....

any getbigger who's in their mid-30's should have a Prostate check-up as part of their yearly Doctor's visit......I will include that in my next check-up.......I had a friend of mine who passed away 2yrs ago from colon cancer.....the scary thing is, he looked healthy and lifted weights with us all the time and there was no dramatic signs that he was sick, until a thourough routine check-up delivered the devastating news to him. Dude was only 31yrs old......it scared the shit out of me that when you don't check up regularly, the ticking bomb will get you by surprise

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 12:36:49 PM »
My doc told me to wait until I turn 50. I'm assuming because we have no history of cancer in our family but it still scares the hell out of me.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
yeah I'm 37 and I had my first check done a few month ago, lets just say its not the most plessant thing but anybody who doesn't get it checked is an absolute retard.

Glad you feel good and all is well - since you said you cannot have more kids are you thinking of adopting second child? I can tell you I am adopted so I know first hand how much good you can do with that - think about it.

And btw, get rid of that cockknobbler who started the whole cancer story.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 01:04:17 PM »
Good to hear you're cancer free now Bob. Many believe cancer can't grow when the body is in an Alkaline state. Also vitamin B17 may be something to investigate.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 01:06:06 PM »
Bob....

Wishing you the best!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
yeah I'm 37 and I had my first check done a few month ago, lets just say its not the most plessant thing but anybody who doesn't get it checked is an absolute retard.

Glad you feel good and all is well - since you said you cannot have more kids are you thinking of adopting second child? I can tell you I am adopted so I know first hand how much good you can do with that - think about it.

And btw, get rid of that cockknobbler who started the whole cancer story.

Seriously, what kind of a scumbag wishes cancer on somebody. fucking people here have no boundaries

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 01:23:21 PM »
bob stop eating so much meat you dickhead show some compassion for animals

red meat will certainly lead to cancer look up the difference between heme-iron found in meat and non-heme-iron in plants. if you wish to live on let "others" live you fucking jackass

hope you live a great life after you follow my advice
A

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »
Bob, best of luck with it. Cancer is an SOB

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »
I swear we handle more cancer patients than any othe illness in my unit.  Some of the people i take care of have such agressive cancers that they may have only found out a month ago without any signs or symptoms only to be told they have a few months to live. We are not getting healthier people. Living longer does not mean a better quality of life with some if the stuff we deal with these days

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
I swear we handle more cancer patients than any othe illness in my unit.  Some of the people i take care of have such agressive cancers that they may have only found out a month ago without any signs or symptoms only to be told they have a few months to live. We are not getting healthier people. Living longer does not mean a better quality of life with some if the stuff we deal with these days

tell them to go strict vegetarian

what are your thoughts?

i dont understand it i have unlimited energy eating vegetarain but all i hear is a bunch of pussys crying cause they need meat to be active then losing there hair complaining about gout and getting cancer
A

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »
tell them to go strict vegetarian

what are your thoughts?

i dont understand it i have unlimited energy eating vegetarain but all i hear is a bunch of pussys crying cause they need meat to be active then losing there hair complaining about gout and getting cancer

SHUT

THE

FUCK

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from incomplete data

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 02:10:22 PM »
Hope you keep healthy.

Best regards