Author Topic: Bob Chick...are you really averse to women's bb?  (Read 6365 times)

Moosejay

Bob Chick...are you really averse to women's bb?
« on: May 06, 2008, 03:35:04 PM »
Hey Bob.

I have heard that you are not a fan of the women.

While I know they work hard and should be afforded respect, I, too, frown upon the female contingent of the bb world.

Just a matter of time until it is gone

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Bob Chick...are you really averse to women's bb?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 03:35:31 PM »
Hey Bob.

Hahah ;D
E

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 03:48:03 PM »
No...I'm not a fan of what it;s become...and that fault lies squarely with the judging system and the fact that it rewards a look they alledgedly don't like....

Two moves would fix the problem:

1.) Get all women judging panels

2.) Make the muscularity round worth 20% of the total score

FIXED!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »
No...I'm not a fan of what it;s become...and that fault lies squarely with the judging system and the fact that it rewards a look they alledgedly don't like....

FIXED!

Bring back the Rachel and Cory look. Oh and Michelle Andrea.  ;)
and keep moving!

Moosejay

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 03:53:15 PM »

FIXED!

Yes, sounds like a good plan...do you think it will happen?

Moosejay

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 03:53:52 PM »

And Penny Price, Mary Roberts

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 03:55:08 PM »
In addition to Bob's plan, may I suggest the women be further inspected...and if they're sporting something between their legs that looks like a Vienna Sausage, they get disqualified. That would indirectly solve the problem. No large amounts of Androgens= No Vienna Sausage AKA "The Penoris"

Moosejay

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 03:56:58 PM »
Yeesh...just the thought of that...yikes

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
Hey Chick why not just get the IFBB to use their Fukin Drug Rule and test those Big Clits.Problem solved. ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 04:39:43 PM »

All we need are more women like Britt and Cindy.

*end*

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 04:46:34 PM »
I agree with Chick, some of these female pro's are on more gear then their male counterparts!!! wtf !?!?

when a female bb is popping 3 anadrol a day with 20 iu's of gh, it's time to take a good long look in the mirror.

Moosejay

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »
Isn't the women's Olympia now run inside the expo, during the morning, or something like that?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 09:53:08 AM »
And Penny Price, Mary Roberts

Ah yes Mary Roberts was great. How about Esi Rainwater, Debbie Dobbins and Gladys Portuguese? 
and keep moving!

Moosejay

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 09:55:49 AM »
Yes...Deb Dobbins indeed

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 10:27:31 AM »
Ah yes Mary Roberts was great. How about Esi Rainwater, Debbie Dobbins and Gladys Portuguese? 

Denise Rutkowski, Jackie Paisly, Cathy Palyo, Donna Olivera, Tonya Knight

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 10:39:10 AM »

FIXED!
Even better than that...have the figure/fitness girls do bodybuilding poses and judge THAT, as is.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »
these broads look like dudes=not cool at all...it is a side show now

Moosejay

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 10:46:32 AM »
Even better than that...have the figure/fitness girls do bodybuilding poses and judge THAT, as is.

We don't run fitness at all anymore at our NPC state show.

Lat time we did...we had two entrants.

One was pretty good, for what she did.

The other's 'routine' was running, as fast as she could, from one end of the stage to the other, and then back again.

That's all she did.

You had to see it.

I think she was mentally touched, a bit.

And that was the end of 'fitness' in CT.

Moosejay

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 10:58:04 AM »
Yes...I agree.

However....there is certainly no shortage of figure girls. We had 30 last year alone...and in a small state like CT!

I think fitness has decreased everywhere, though. At all levels.

here's a funny one: a few years ago...I asked Ken Cassel how to attract more figure girls.

"Go to the strip clubs, Doc, " he said..."That's what we do... ;D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »
Women's bbing is doing great! Haters!
HAHA, RON.....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 05:43:08 AM »

Yes...I agree.

However....there is certainly no shortage of figure girls. We had 30 last year alone...and in a small state like CT!

I think fitness has decreased everywhere, though. At all levels.

here's a funny one: a few years ago...I asked Ken Cassel how to attract more figure girls.

"Go to the strip clubs, Doc, " he said..."That's what we do... ;D

To me, figure shows are gaining grounds, because the ladies want the look, without having to tie themselves in knots or lauch themselves into orbit. The ones winning the fitness have heavy gymnastic backgrounds.

In the 90s, a lot of the shows had three rounds, with either the fitness round or figure rounds making up 50% of the score. The girls who won shows where the figure round made up half the score got killed in the shows where the fitness round did such. Two old-school examples were Sherilyn Godreau and Mia Finnegan. If the figure round was 50%, Godreau wins convincingly. If the fitness round was 50%, Finnegan wins easily.

And who can forget Carol Semple-Marzetta and those push-ups, with her legs on her shoulders and her feet near her ears?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 09:46:28 AM »
Hey Bob.

While I know they work hard and should be afforded respect, I, too, frown upon the female contingent of the bb world.

Just a matter of time until it is gone

I'm sorry to hear you say this, Mike.  :(

There were a couple of pretty decent FBBs at your CT show in the last couple of years.  I'd personally like to see things turn around with FBB, and I think that more encouragement from State and Regional promoters like yourself would be beneficial.
I also think you should re-consider putting fitness back into your show.  We've been getting about 4-8 fitness competitors per show up here in the rest of New England, and I do know a couple of girls who would have done your show last year if you had fitness.  :)

:)

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 10:04:57 AM »
AGREED - women have got to look like women

JosephineD

• Getbig II
  • Josephine cPT, Sports/Fitness Model, Competitor
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »
In defense of women's bodybuilding (at the pro level), I have to disagree with alot of you.  Athletics and sports are about performance & outcome/winning. Speed isn't masculine or feminine.  A point scored in soccor isn't either.  A perfect round-off back handspring in gymnastics knows no gender either.  The sport of bodybuilding revolves around muscular hypertrophy to it's genetic potential and beyond... without sacrificing symmetry and other non-gender related qualities, not by how masculine or feminine the muscles looks or how "pleasing to the eye" it may be. And if increasing its size makes the athlete more masculine; so be it. You don't see people bashing male long distance runners for having near runway model size bodies.

I don't think female bodybuilders are apologetic to the majority of people for feeling threatened by their willingness to deviate from stereotypical femininity. They're hated as much as dyke-type lesbians... because they're not feminine.  That's enough unrightful punishment already.  If we can respect male bodybuilders for looking like freaks, then we should show that same respect for the women even if they look like men; not try or agree to eradicate their share of the sport

I thought the answer to this dilemma was the creation of women's figure category, but yet so many still bash women's bodybuilding for just existing.  So what if it's not pleasing to your eyes? If you don't like the way they look, don't look at their pictures or buy a ticket to their shows. Ultimately, what could honestly end the sport for women is if NOBODY shows up for the shows and companies find it a waste of money to be associated with them.  But guess what... that is not the case.

I'm sure many will profoundly disagree with me. Not that I'd ever consider to become a full out pro bodybuilder (I'm way too lazy to eat that much protein for 8 months, then eat next to nothing for 2)
But I do respect female bodybuilders for their hard work and take no BS from the world mentality. I don't feel it's a womans obligation to please the eyes of every man who looks her way.
J

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 11:02:14 AM »
In defense of women's bodybuilding (at the pro level), I have to disagree with alot of you.  Athletics and sports are about performance & outcome/winning. Speed isn't masculine or feminine.  A point scored in soccor isn't either.  A perfect round-off back handspring in gymnastics knows no gender either.  The sport of bodybuilding revolves around muscular hypertrophy to it's genetic potential and beyond... without sacrificing symmetry and other non-gender related qualities, not by how masculine or feminine the muscles looks or how "pleasing to the eye" it may be. And if increasing its size makes the athlete more masculine; so be it. You don't see people bashing male long distance runners for having near runway model size bodies.

I don't think female bodybuilders are apologetic to the majority of people for feeling threatened by their willingness to deviate from stereotypical femininity. They're hated as much as dyke-type lesbians... because they're not feminine.  That's enough unrightful punishment already.  If we can respect male bodybuilders for looking like freaks, then we should show that same respect for the women even if they look like men; not try or agree to eradicate their share of the sport

I thought the answer to this dilemma was the creation of women's figure category, but yet so many still bash women's bodybuilding for just existing.  So what if it's not pleasing to your eyes? If you don't like the way they look, don't look at their pictures or buy a ticket to their shows. Ultimately, what could honestly end the sport for women is if NOBODY shows up for the shows and companies find it a waste of money to be associated with them.  But guess what... that is not the case.

I'm sure many will profoundly disagree with me. Not that I'd ever consider to become a full out pro bodybuilder (I'm way too lazy to eat that much protein for 8 months, then eat next to nothing for 2)
But I do respect female bodybuilders for their hard work and take no BS from the world mentality. I don't feel it's a womans obligation to please the eyes of every man who looks her way.

But do you think women should abuse male hormones to the point where they have a widened jaw-line, receding hairline, deepened masculine voice, facial hairgrowth, enlarged freakish genitalia? Is that really worth the trophy? Isn't that pretty much the same as a transexual who takes male hormones for gender-reassignment surgery.  Nothing wrong with natural women's bodybuilding.