Author Topic: RIP JUNIOR SEAU---NFL FOOTBALL  (Read 15947 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: RIP JUNIOR SEAU---NFL FOOTBALL
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 05:34:37 PM »
THIS IS A MUST WATCH

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »
RIP Junior! One of the best linebackers ever, and a great guy off the field!

What? no he wasn't.. he was an arrogant dick 100%.

Great player, though... so it didn't really matter how he was off field, he got paid to play football, and he did it well.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »
Well, there is now no debate, Ray Lewis is the greatest living middle linebacker.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »
I remember Romanowski said playing football was like being in 10-20 car crashes every Sunday, all the head on impacts. Truly sad about Seau

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 07:05:43 PM »
You're a tool.

And a pussy. Hope this helps.

Up in them butts!!!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 07:10:17 PM »
Selfishness has many faces...
I have never bought into the "selfishness" angle regarding suicide.
!

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2012, 07:12:54 PM »
THIS IS A MUST WATCH

I don't think a writer could ever commit suicide, do you?!

BRILLIANT
all drugs - TPPIIP

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
Selfishness has many faces...

The brain is held in the skull by a jelly like substance. Having the brain smash into the side of the skull hundreds of times in a lifetime is going to cause some problems and cause sever mental illness. I think its safe to say anyone who's had a boat load of concussions in their lifetime, just might get a pass on being called selfish if they do something that doesn't jive with societies representation of evolution...Come on Parker, if we were to drop someone on their head hundreds of times between the ages of 8 to 40, don't you think the person would have a significant amount of brain damage?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2012, 07:37:11 PM »
The concussion excuse is just pure bullshit.  He was a nutcase most likely his entire life and warning signs were surely present.  Boxers have been taking worse hits to the head for years with no protection, yet their suicide rate is not excessively high.

LOL at anyone who thinks football tackles created this.

He has easily had his brain hit the side of his skull over 100 times in his lifetime. TA, you're a man of science for sure, regardless of what you think of football, certainly you must come to a conclusion that having the brain hit the side of the skull too many times in a lifetime is going to cause serious brain damage? I'm not saying its the end all be all of suicide, but then again, I'm a person who doesn't believe we are all equal so called humans.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »
if it wasn't for the rassler christopher nowinski no one would give a shit about concussions. there is a link between concussions and als lou gehrigs disease too. when i played hs football some guy got a concussion didn't remember what day it was, and the coaches told him to go home and come back when he wanted to play, pussy.

They've known about concussions well before Nowinski. They've just been hiding it. Brain injuries have been discussed for thousands of years. Hell, even a monkey knows it needs a rock to hit the nut hard enough to crack the skull and get the peanut from the middle. ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
I have never bought into the "selfishness" angle regarding suicide.

Especially with people who's brain has smashed into the sides of their skull over and over. Not all suicides are equal. And not all "humans" are equal ;)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2012, 07:54:09 PM »
Especially with people who's brain has smashed into the sides of their skull over and over. Not all suicides are equal.

What about baseball , soccer ,cricket   players .....etc.
Trust me depression after retirement is a bitch.

check this out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-41051/Cricket-Why-life-retirement-just-life-all.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hull-city/9015958/Dean-Windass-reveals-he-attempted-suicide-after-becoming-depressed-following-retirement.html

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2012, 07:58:48 PM »
Especially with people who's brain has smashed into the sides of their skull over and over. Not all suicides are equal.

Hall of Fame DB Lem Barney says he wished he never played the game...he figures he had about 7 or 8 concussions over the course of his career.  Dr's didn't call them that...they used euphemisms like "dingers" and "stingers".   That's a travesty...for a MD to give what amounts to a brain injury a cute little nickname to keep the player in the dark....shameful.

Knowing what guys in my age group are putting up with physically and mentally because of the beating they took playing football....I'm beginning to lose interest in following the sport.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »

check this out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-41051/Cricket-Why-life-retirement-just-life-all.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hull-city/9015958/Dean-Windass-reveals-he-attempted-suicide-after-becoming-depressed-following-retirement.html

I agree 100%. What i'm talking about is brain damage. Concussions cause brain damage. Damage it enough, and all bets are off.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »
Hall of Fame DB Lem Barney says he wished he never played the game...he figures he had about 7 or 8 concussions over the course of his career.  Dr's didn't call them that...they used euphemisms like "dingers" and "stingers".   That's a travesty...for a MD to give what amounts to a brain injury a cute little nickname to keep the player in the dark....shameful.

Knowing what guys in my age group are putting up with physically and mentally because of the beating they took playing football....I'm beginning to lose interest in following the sport.

Doctors are all under the control of the Hierarchy whether they know it or not. Capitalism is KING and its here to stay. Junior Seau might have grown up to be a mental case if he never played football in his lifetime. But anyone saying the brain crashing against the skull numerous times in a lifetime isn't a problem is either working for the Hierarchy(COINTEL) or unrealistic.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2012, 08:11:48 PM »

check this out

Also, those soccer players head how many balls in a lifetime between practice and games?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2012, 08:12:13 PM »
I agree 100%. What i'm talking about is brain damage. Concussions cause brain damage. Damage it enough, and all bets are off.
I have real  brain damage from a motorcycle accident and maybe boxing  ,the idea of committing suicide never crossed my mind once  but  I got very  depressed  when the doctor told me my boxing career was over
I thought my life was over and I was only 18 years old.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »
I have real  brain damage

That explains a lot.  ;D

j/k  it would suck to be told you can't do something you love, especially at such a young age.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »
I have real  brain damage from a motorcycle accident and maybe boxing  ,the idea of committing suicide never crossed my mind once  but  I got very  depressed  when the doctor told me my boxing career was over
I thought my life was over and I was only 18 years old.

How old are you?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2012, 08:18:14 PM »
That explains a lot.  ;D

Haha , no doubt

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
Anyone who doesn't think concussions cause mental illness, have never been concussed and/or played a sport where you can get a concussions. This shit is like mental illness 101 in the sports world.

Hits like this were the norm for decades in football.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2012, 08:44:53 PM »
wow, that sports science video is scary.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »
Anyone who doesn't think concussions cause mental illness, have never been concussed and/or played a sport where you can get a concussions. This shit is like mental illness 101 in the sports world.

Are you sure this is concussion related?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
I thoroughly agree with Che ( and Nails also) but possibly on a much larger scale that exceeds sports personality depression  by a large degree.

My own experience is with military people who love the regimented lifestyle and go completely ape-shit when they are released from active duty.

I don't claim this to be the case with Jr. SEAU but a sudden change in a lifrstyle that one really loves ... can have drastic effects on an individual's mental and physical welfare.

I have knowm three individuals who took their own life and in each case those suicides took place upon the sudden absence of someone or something that was  very well loved.

CHE, Can you provide more info on your head injury and recovery process and any recent problems?

Sorry to ask this if you feel that it's personal info, but I regard you as one of the more saner GetBiggers on this GetBig Board anf figure that your injury was somewhat minor as far as brain injuries are concerned.

I have blacked out on a few fighting occasions but I don't think I'm any dumber now than those days wen I was a more peaceful critter.

Thanks

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
Travis Pastrana, motocross and freestyle legend, estimated he's had a crazy amount of concussions. Something like 20 of them! I shudder to think of his condition when he gets older. Motocross, racing not that bs where they do all the tricks, is the most badass sport in the world by the way