Author Topic: Don't get married  (Read 6804 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Don't get married
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2016, 04:09:44 AM »
Do you have any thoughts about why divorce is so high? It seems to have been on an upward spiral since WWII. Do you think women being able to earn as much as men and thus able to support themselves is a contributor to the high divorce rate?  

Woman's lib?... the collapse of morals and values?... feminization of men?... social media?  Whatever the reasons are, it's not important to me.  All I know is that I need not take part in it.

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2016, 05:45:19 AM »
My wife and I were on our honeymoon a few yrs back and having a great time.
I smiled at her and said;
" You know, we're spending some our kids college fund on this trip don't you?"
She gave me a puzzled look  so I quickly said ;
" Oh wait a minute, we don't have any kids and we've already been to college. Party on ! "

You should become a Dad.

You already have the Dad jokes down pat.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2016, 05:52:36 AM »

You should become a Dad.

You already have the Dad jokes down pat.

...and the dad bod  ;)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2016, 06:09:37 AM »
Married 10 years and have two kids... couldn't be happier in my life right now.

It's all about the mate you choose... yes if you choose someone who is an absolute fuck up you can't expect to have it end on a positive note.  Choose a woman who brings just as much to the table as you do, and I'm not talking financially. I'm talking everything.... emotionally, intelligence, care, fun.

Yeah it's not always a cake walk, yes there are ups and downs, yes many times you'll want to kill each other, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

It's not for everyone, I've said that a million times, and if you want to stay single then good for you, enjoy it... nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to get married.

I proposed to my wife the very next day after I graduated college and I never looked back.  She has been by my side countless times.... moved across  the world for me to a county she didn't want to live in because I wanted to pursue my career.  Then when I spent three and a half years doing my PhD, she was the primary bread winner in the house... but that never once changed the dynamics of things... overall financial management was still handled by me as it always has been, then when I finished she gave up her successful career because she wanted me to follow my dreams and again she  moved with me to Silicon Valley because we had a good opportunity out here.  When I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer she researched the shit out of it... and found me the best doctor in the country , and when we met with him and he was telling me about my surgery , I had only one question, she had like 25 and wanted to know every single detail because the man she loves was going through something tough, (my question was, how soon after the surgery can I lift?)

I haven't even talked about her family which treat me as their son and have truly been incredible to me.

I know on getbig it's not cool to talk about how much you love marriage... but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I often tell my wife jokingly, that if I didn't have her and the kids, i would be rolling around in a brand new Corvette.  But honestly, I'll take my kids sitting on my lap and telling me they love me while they poop their diapers and their pee seeping through onto my clothes any day over the Corvette... which I'm certain I will still get one day ;)

Whatever your choices are... I hope they make you happy!

Sounds like you're a great example of someone living a happy married life with children.
It's obvious, that you're a mature, functional man that married a wonderful woman.

I have no  negative comments to make about your lifestyle.
My one main issue is that too many folks tirelessly promote the following myths:

1. To be truly happy and have a meaningful life, one must get married and have children.

* Obviously, those like you and your wife are happy with this. But I don't think it's an absolute requirement for a happy life.

2. The main reason to be married is to raise children.

* My wife and I think the exact opposite and are quite happy and functional.

3. Every man and woman should get married. It's just a matter of finding the right one.

* I love being married and prefer being in a monogamous relationship.
BUT, I know plenty of men and woman that were meant to be single.

The dumbest thing a lot of people do is ; " just do what everyone else does" .

Purge_WTF

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2016, 06:49:58 AM »
Has anyone else noticed the majority of guys who hate on marriage/relationships are ugly, deadbeats who struggle to talk to women, let alone date.

Feminist Talking Point. And a lot of men who hate on marriage are themselves married to women and don't want to be anymore.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2016, 06:59:43 AM »
Feminist Talking Point. And a lot of men who hate on marriage are themselves married to women and don't want to be anymore.

Bingo!  There are plenty of delusional crazy women AND douchebag men. Neither gender has a monopoly on dysfunctional people .

One new myth (mostly) females now promote is the smart choice of dating single moms.
Sweet Sassy Molassy, the girl gets knocked up by some goober. Now she's lugging around some snot nosed bastard kid. She failed to use birth control effectively and we're supposed to think she's a good catch? WTF.
If she had any sense, she'd have hooked up with BMC and gone raw anal . Just sayin'.

That's like some getbigger living in his mom's basement being promoted as a "life success coach".

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2016, 11:44:33 AM »
I've never understood why people with a revolting appearance desire to produce offspring…. It's like giving your kid a mental 'kick in the balls' every day of its miserable, tormented existence.

Gee….. thanks, dad.

Is your wife super hot, or something?

Very attractive offspring can have homely parents and the other way around. Genetics is funny that way.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2016, 01:00:04 PM »
Very attractive offspring can have homely parents and the other way around. Genetics is funny that way.

THAT, or the milkman came early?! :D

I've seen fairly reliable data suggesting that a woman "secretly" having another dude's kid is more common then most know. Ya know that hardly anyone knew that Arnold was the biological father of his maid's kid.
Then the truth came out in the media.
Plus, we know the DNA proof that Thomas Jefferson was having kids with slave Sally Hemmings.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2016, 01:02:51 PM »
Getting married was the best decision that i've made in my life.
And deliberately waiting until i'd maxed out my prime single years was another great decision.

Care to elaborate with some more details?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2016, 01:27:24 PM »
This is probably true.

I'll stay with a woman now, but I won't get married again. No real purpose in it. If you live in a common law state, you may want to figure out how to get around it, but otherwise, if the chick is cool and you like being around her. Just keep doin that.

Marriage is pointless.

Obviously, you sincerely believe this, and I see nothing wrong with it.
The main issue that bugs me, is when someone declares as absolute for everyone to strive for.

I don't think ANYONE should get married, just because "it's what you do "

On old gym bud loved being single and playing in his band that got a few actual bar gigs.
He enjoyed watching college football , worked out and had a pussy pullin' look.
For whatever reason after age 30, he started feeling guilty about staying single.

He was reluctant to move towards a typical married life with kids, but kept feeling "guilty".
Eventually he married a pretty, smart woman who also had a solid career.
They bought a home near his job and close to family.
She had fertility problems, and endured a lot of infertility procedures to have their own child.

I ran into him recently and we enjoyed catching up. He looked like he had aged a lot and confessed he was stressed from many sleepless nights, raising a new baby. He showed me baby pics on his phone and I  pretended to be interested. He was enjoying some aspects of his married with kid lifestyle, but didn't seem at peace.
It was a casual meet/greet deal , so I didn't want to fuk with him or be critical .

BUT, he had this attitude and air about him, that "settling down" was just something every guy had to do.
I suspect he missed his old , single lifestyle BUT allowed himself to yield to some self imposed requirement.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2016, 11:30:27 PM »
THAT, or the milkman came early?! :D

I've seen fairly reliable data suggesting that a woman "secretly" having another dude's kid is more common then most know. Ya know that hardly anyone knew that Arnold was the biological father of his maid's kid.
Then the truth came out in the media.
Plus, we know the DNA proof that Thomas Jefferson was having kids with slave Sally Hemmings.

You seem to lean to the dark side (pun intended). Seriously, genetics are not that simple. I'm a somewhat homely result of two very attractive people. The likelihood that my mom got it on with a unattractive dude is next to impossible because she was picky that way. On the other hand, her longtime lover was much more handsome than my father and I have his coloring...blond, green eyed, etc. So you see, anything is possible. Oh, and by the way, my mother, like her father, were biggots. There is no chance in hell I got Coleman like genetics...darn, LOL.

Although I've not yet submitted to genetic testing, I am fairly confident the father who I am named after is my biological father. If I submit to the test and it turns out he was not my father, than he was the end of the paternal line and the excuse I used for not participating in the Vietnam War was bogus.