Author Topic: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A  (Read 339572 times)

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A
« Reply #575 on: March 24, 2010, 09:24:41 PM »
I'm a new member,  whilst I was waiting for my new members login link to arrive I read this entire thread and I want to thank JRod. The help and advice that he has given has been so interesting to read.  I have bought many books and payed for website 'secret tips inside tips' (lol) etc over the years but none of them have been as useful as the info JRod had been kind enough to share on here!  I noticed he doesnt even complain about answering the same questions over and over a few times..lol..  I hope my question below hasnt already been asked.

I'm really amazed at how you dont just give the simple answer but you go into great detail with your response to some really tricky questions.

One question I have..  I need to increase my protein intake.  I have a good few solid meats but would prefer to include a few extra whey/oat shakes in there as it wouldnt be easy for me as it would be far more convenient.  The only problem is cost!  I live in the UK and to buy 1 (2kg) tub of whey is around £30.  I am wondering how many tubs of whey you get through every month?  I usually get through around 1 and a half tubs. Which is around £45 a month.   Would I be right that is you consume around 300g of protein from whey alone per day you must get through around £300 a month of whey alone?  (sorry I couldnt remember how much whey you consume per day so this was just a lucky guess from my poor memory! as I couldnt find the page you said about the amount of whey you use per day).

My ques is...  (before you got a sponsor) whats the most affordable way to consume this much whey of around 300g a day?  It sounds a lot of money..  over a year it would be like eating the £value of a decent car lol.

Last question...  what time of day would you take your last whey/oat drink?  is this not a good idea too late in the day?

Thank u.

As for affordable whey, I would do research online and try to find a whey that has a good ratio of scoop size to amount of protein (the higher the better). Divide the #grams of protein by the scoop size in grams.

For example, isolyze would look like this: http://speciesnutrition.com/images/Isolyze%20Facts.jpg

27grams of protein / 29 gram scoop = 0.93 or 93%protein per scoop.

For what you are asking for you'll probably find something in the 80's, percentage wise.

bodybuilding.com might be an easy site for you to search through.

One thing to think about is that, gram for gram, whey protein is actually pretty cheap compared to chicken, beef, fish, and other sources.

The amount of tubs i go through varies, depending on how many shakes VS solid food meals i have, but i would say 3-4 (4 pound tubs) would be a rough estimate.

As for time of day for my last shake, it doesn't matter. I usually eat my last meal anywhere from right before to an hour or so before bedtime. Usually this last meal will be a shake, but once in a while it will be a solid meal.

Thanks very much for the nice words!

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #576 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:49 PM »
OK, Fuck you jrod you lean mother fucker.

Ignore me all you want

Haha... Ok, ok I'm here now.

I had no idea what it was, but I clicked on the link and took a quick glance.  I think this part will work for sure "Eat 500-1000 cals less than your maintenance every day" although it might be a bit much to just jump into it.  In the end, if you like it and it works for you then great.  Who knows, I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure; maybe I'll try it for my next show  ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #577 on: March 24, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »
Haha... Ok, ok I'm here now.

I had no idea what it was, but I clicked on the link and took a quick glance.  I think this part will work for sure "Eat 500-1000 cals less than your maintenance every day" although it might be a bit much to just jump into it.  In the end, if you like it and it works for you then great.  Who knows, I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure; maybe I'll try it for my next show  ;D

Thank you jrod, I was just joking by the way!  ;D
S

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #578 on: March 25, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »
Thank you jrod, I was just joking by the way!  ;D

Oh I know, its all good.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #579 on: March 25, 2010, 07:33:02 PM »

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #580 on: March 26, 2010, 07:15:25 AM »
bodybuilding.com interview: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jeff-rodriguez-interview.htm

Cool!

You're my ideal of what bodybuilding should be all about!  Thank you!
S

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #581 on: March 26, 2010, 12:56:28 PM »
Hey Jeff, great to have you on the board. Your work ethic is second to none and your physique certainly shows for it. Could you give us a brief overview of your experience at your last contest? Hows training coming along in the offseason? Any vids coming up? Thanks!  :)
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #582 on: April 02, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »
thanks for the answer. keep it up!  8)
follow the arrows

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #583 on: July 21, 2010, 10:48:51 AM »
"TRAINING CYCLE, HOMEMADE DIP BELT, OFFSEASON PICS"

Updated my blog with some pictures, below is one of them:

www.jrod123.blogspot.com

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #584 on: April 28, 2011, 10:21:59 PM »
you look great, calves are lagging but that's genetics and I'm sure you brutalize them to counteract that.  I don't believe that you are natural based on your look, so if you are take my skepticism as the highest compliment.  I'm a natural and I don't think anybody would distrust me :'( LOL.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #585 on: April 29, 2011, 12:14:35 AM »
you look great, calves are lagging but that's genetics and I'm sure you brutalize them to counteract that.  I don't believe that you are natural based on your look, so if you are take my skepticism as the highest compliment.  I'm a natural and I don't think anybody would distrust me :'( LOL.

About the calves, yeah, I know, thats never gonna change.  I'm sure that no matter what I do they will always be weak.  Also, whatever is I have that is weak is probably always going to be relatively weak to whatever my strengths are.   

About being natural, thats fine too.  Maybe I'm not natural, maybe I am, who really knows but me.  If I'm lying I'm gonna keep lying anyways; if I'm telling the truth, then I'll keep telling the truth.  Either way, in the grand scheme of things, none of this shit really matters anyways, as long as I enjoy what I'm doing (lying or not).  I'm just here passing through, doing my bodybuilding thing, trying to get ready for a show.  Just assume in not natural; no offense taken. 

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #586 on: April 29, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »
looks great! good luck with the show!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #587 on: April 30, 2011, 01:15:14 AM »
About the calves, yeah, I know, thats never gonna change.  I'm sure that no matter what I do they will always be weak.  Also, whatever is I have that is weak is probably always going to be relatively weak to whatever my strengths are.   

About being natural, thats fine too.  Maybe I'm not natural, maybe I am, who really knows but me.  If I'm lying I'm gonna keep lying anyways; if I'm telling the truth, then I'll keep telling the truth.  Either way, in the grand scheme of things, none of this shit really matters anyways, as long as I enjoy what I'm doing (lying or not).  I'm just here passing through, doing my bodybuilding thing, trying to get ready for a show.  Just assume in not natural; no offense taken. 

good answer.

and why would you admit to doing something illegal in the first place??

i dont really understand why people get all butthurt when you dont give them your cycles....

just dont say that your natural or not......thats the best option imo....

good luck at the team u

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #588 on: April 30, 2011, 11:58:59 AM »
good answer.

and why would you admit to doing something illegal in the first place??

i dont really understand why people get all butthurt when you dont give them your cycles....

just dont say that your natural or not......thats the best option imo....

good luck at the team u

I considered responding to the above (italicized), but I realized its going to take too long and in the end, its pointless.

Thanks for the good luck. 

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #589 on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:15 AM »
JRod - you still around -  I see this hasn't been updated in like 6 months or so.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Re: Hey Adonis, Is This Guy On Drugs? MONSTER TRICEPS!
« Reply #590 on: July 16, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »
VERY GOOD POINT!

I cannot wait to show you guys my next level of leanness. 

These photos are perfection in my mind.  I think everyone needs to realize that ANY LEVEL of CONDITIONING IS POSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO ATTAIN, as long as they know how.

And,indeed. I have the how figured out.  At this point it is a waiting game of my choosing.

There is no difficulty anymore.  And I will show you that.

And yes, I will still eat Ice Cream and Cookies and Doughnuts whilst doing so!

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #591 on: October 06, 2012, 10:58:37 AM »
ALL NATURAl...yeah,ok!

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #592 on: April 22, 2019, 01:38:27 PM »
This joker's shredded.  Look where the tip of the teardrop originates.  That's how you know.  It's interesting how alot of IFBB pros can get striations and many more of the hallmark signs of being ripped, but you know this guy got close to the end because of the depth you see there in the quad insertions and stuff.  See that guy could play with his carbs over the next couple of weeks and look a million different variations of awesome.  Even natural.  I've seen it done a few times and it's really impressive the dramatic physiological changes that take place in a physique this conditioned.  You need a physique that is conditioned to a very finite and consistent diet to reach a level like this, IMO.  When you are here you are able to stimulate visibly dramatic changes in your look by not-so-dramatic dietary changes, if you consider food intake changes inside of 150-300 calories a day relatively insignificant.     

I think he's a natural liar...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #593 on: December 26, 2023, 06:28:21 PM »

I think he's a natural liar...

Is his last post on this thread a confession?  Sure seems that way to me.