Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 only - the lean dry champ  (Read 598611 times)

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 only - the lean dry champ
« Reply #1525 on: April 10, 2020, 10:25:41 PM »
First off as much as I'm amazed and follow steroid bodybuilding should we take training advice from a guy that looks like shit off of drugs?  Where did the work ethic and training knowledge go?  Should a guy brag about his physique with pictures here when it's a drug picture?

Chris cormier has cancer or what happened to him?

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #1526 on: April 11, 2020, 01:49:30 AM »
Chris cormier has cancer or what happened to him?

That was when he came out of the hospital - he had been using crack day and night for months. Chris commented on his situation on an Generation Iron Video.

J

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1527 on: April 11, 2020, 01:56:51 AM »
That was when he came out of the hospital - he had been using crack day and night for months. Chris commented on his situation on an Generation Iron Video.

J

Ah fuck I wish i didnt know that. How much more of my youth is going to be stolen from me? Ronnie is a thin midget Dorian is a skinny hippy Cormier is a crackhead oh fuck me

I remember getting an autographed photo of ronnie in 2003.

Oh my God is this really happening?

I keep silently hearing those words in my mind...i just want it all to stop...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1528 on: April 11, 2020, 05:43:30 AM »
Ah fuck I wish i didnt know that. How much more of my youth is going to be stolen from me? Ronnie is a thin midget Dorian is a skinny hippy Cormier is a crackhead oh fuck me

No worries at all. Now you might be bigger than those heroes!

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #1529 on: April 11, 2020, 08:28:53 AM »

I know what you mean - sort of a loss of innocence. I recall how badly I wanted to go to the original Golds, take a real shot at this. When I found out about the underbelly, fake weights in magazines, I just felt . . . Lied to!I guess.

J

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #1530 on: April 11, 2020, 10:53:49 AM »
I know what you mean - sort of a loss of innocence. I recall how badly I wanted to go to the original Golds, take a real shot at this. When I found out about the underbelly, fake weights in magazines, I just felt . . . Lied to!I guess.

J

That's one reason why competitive bodybuilder lie about their drug use.

If people knew the truth they wouldn't idolize these fools.

Well, most people wouldn't.  Fools on Getbig still would.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1531 on: April 11, 2020, 12:05:33 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me how many seemingly Naive & Easily Hurt Posters there are
On Getbig - with hardly ever a Good word to say about bodybuilders more so when they
Are posting on a Bodybuilding forum - Perhaps Ron should change the Name to
Hate Big Muscles.

If you don’t like / don’t take Steroids great good for you accept that you’re not going to
Grow anywhere near as big as an Arnold or any other top pro or amateur Bodybuilder
Quit whining & be Happy with your own Physique.

Can we all now stop the Non Arnold posts.
It is a 1980Arnold thread.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #1532 on: April 11, 2020, 02:32:40 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me how many seemingly Naive & Easily Hurt Posters there are
On Getbig - with hardly ever a Good word to say about bodybuilders more so when they
Are posting on a Bodybuilding forum - Perhaps Ron should change the Name to
Hate Big Muscles.

If you don’t like / don’t take Steroids great good for you accept that you’re not going to
Grow anywhere near as big as an Arnold or any other top pro or amateur Bodybuilder
Quit winning & be Happy with your own Physique.

Can we all now stop the Non Arnold posts.
It is a 1980Arnold thread.

Truth.

Forget about competing if you are a natty unless you don't mind looking like a emaciated concentration camp inmate.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1533 on: April 11, 2020, 02:35:53 PM »
Truth.

Forget about competing if you are a natty unless you don't mind looking like a emaciated concentration camp inmate.

That physique will get more pussy than any Mr.Olympia since 1981 !.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1534 on: April 12, 2020, 12:41:51 AM »

True.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #1535 on: April 12, 2020, 06:02:19 AM »
back to talk about Arnold.  He had the perfect body in the early 70s. Everything was balanced. Huge but balanced. When he won on 1980 i was shocked at how he looked. He didn't look like i thought he should of to win. But then i realized i was expecting him to look like he used to. I was comparing the 1980 arnold to the previous version. That's why people are having issues with him winning. Comparing him to the old  arnold. His thighs from the front was down for sure but in every other pose they were good. So then i started comparing him to the others. And yep he wins when he is compared to them in a line up.  People like zane and mentzer etc look good all by themselves. BUT when next to arnold they vanish. He was just to much for them. In fact standing sideways those 2 didnt even look like they worked out!!  Roger walker in my opinion got robbed. He should of been higher. Rugged and huge. Padilla of course was awesome and should of been higher. Dickerson should of been farther down the list.
                                                 I remember joe weider said something along the lines of "you all should be glad Arnold won because if he had lost he wouldof  came back with a vengeance and won for 10 more years"  (or something like that).  And i believe he would of. Arnolds best body part was and is his mind. He had awesome mind power. He was determined to become a success. Now we were talking about genetics and being able to tell etc. Looking at Arnold as a youngster he looked like he would never have genetics for anything. But once he started training he grew. Plus he used his mind to develop the ultimate body. No one came close really and certainly these pos guys nowdays. I believe it was casey viator who once said "Arnolds pre contest training would kill most humans".  The man left nothing to chance. And for training advice if you ask Arnold what exercises he did he will reply "all of them".

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1536 on: April 12, 2020, 09:38:52 AM »
back to talk about Arnold.  He had the perfect body in the early 70s. Everything was balanced. Huge but balanced. When he won on 1980 i was shocked at how he looked. He didn't look like i thought he should of to win. But then i realized i was expecting him to look like he used to. I was comparing the 1980 arnold to the previous version. That's why people are having issues with him winning. Comparing him to the old  arnold. His thighs from the front was down for sure but in every other pose they were good. So then i started comparing him to the others. And yep he wins when he is compared to them in a line up.  People like zane and mentzer etc look good all by themselves. BUT when next to arnold they vanish. He was just to much for them. In fact standing sideways those 2 didnt even look like they worked out!! &guy walker in my opinion got robbed. He should of been higher. Rugged and huge. Padilla of course was awesome and should of been higher. Dickerson should of been farther down the list.
                                                 I remember joe weider said something along the lines of "you all should be glad Arnold won because if he had lost he wouldof  came back with a vengeance and won for 10 more years"  (or something like that).  And i believe he would of. Arnolds best body part was and is his mind. He had awesome mind power. He was determined to become a success. Now we were talking about genetics and being able to tell etc. Looking at Arnold as a youngster he looked like he would never have genetics for anything. But once he started training he grew. Plus he used his mind to develop the ultimate body. No one came close really and certainly these pos guys nowdays. I believe it was casey viator who once said "Arnolds pre contest training would kill most humans".  The man left nothing to chance. And for training advice if you ask Arnold what exercises he did he will reply "all of them".

Arnold was so great because he developed genuine passion for the sport at a very young age. We speak of the man with such reverence because most of us (i think) have similar stories. What I mean is starting out young and skinny and falling love with being sore and getting bigger and stronger.

He was also so great because early on he built his foundation and then bodybuilded what he had created into a masterpiece. As you poimted out he was super thick from the side which set him apart from the other guys. It was his years of heavy deadlifting pressing rowing squating etc that got him there.

That he did every exercise conceivable was probably not the huge advantage you think it ought to have been. Speaking from personal experience my body made almost unbelievable progress when I started keeping a log like Dorian talked about. Every workout I could check to see what i did the week before and simply add more weight reps or both.

This would not be practical if every week you are doing totally different movements. Training in such fashion you're never really able to give a set 110% because its hit or miss with the amount of weight you're putting on the bar. Sometimes you nail it most of the time you cant get a real set in because you guess too high or low and the only way to compensate is by adding more sets. This is very inneficient and outdated.

Anyway somebody should get a thread going on Padilla at the 80 Mr O. His arms were out of this world! I dont know much about him

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1537 on: April 12, 2020, 09:47:06 AM »

Get real with your maturity we arent 14 and believing protein ads in bbing magazines anymore. At least I dont, you on the other hand I am not sure about.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #1538 on: April 12, 2020, 10:53:43 AM »
Arnold didn't mean he switched exercises every workout when he said "all of them".  What he meant was when 1 stopped working he would change it. He wouldn't feel like this exercise did much so he didn't use it no more. So he experimented. Found what worked for him and used those. I agree with keeping journals but re,ember just because you got 1 more rep today doesn't always  mean you improved. Yes its 1 more rep but there is alot more to do with it. Energy that day, technique, same bar same weights, time of day etc. Its a nice guide and helps with motivation for sure.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1539 on: April 14, 2020, 08:10:41 PM »
Truth.

Sorry about your poor genetics.  Switch to long distance running.  Or cock sucking.  :)

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1540 on: April 15, 2020, 01:15:01 AM »
Get real with your maturity we arent 14 and believing protein ads in bbing magazines anymore. At least I dont, you on the other hand I am not sure about.

Wow, body b. mags still exist  :o .

Slim & sporty guys get the best pussy , old & stocky body bears NOT.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #1541 on: April 15, 2020, 02:56:39 AM »
Sorry about your poor genetics.  Switch to long distance running.  Or cock sucking.  :)
lets see your pics without steroids.

all your hero's are needle and substance addicts

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #1542 on: April 15, 2020, 08:40:12 AM »

Oh yes.  And if they are a professional athlete being paid money to play a sport... They are using drugs. All of them. Every single one. And that's the way we want it. M
a

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #1543 on: April 15, 2020, 09:09:37 AM »
Sorry about your poor genetics.  Switch to long distance running.  Or cock sucking.  :)

Long distance c0ck sucking..?   ???
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #1544 on: April 15, 2020, 09:10:10 AM »
Oh yes.  And if they are a professional athlete being paid money to play a sport... They are using drugs. All of them. Every single one. And that's the way we want it. M

Quoted for truth
T

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1545 on: April 15, 2020, 05:11:18 PM »

Long distance c0ck sucking..?   ???

That implies that he not only sucks the cock but long cocks at that.  Lets go with this theory.  :)

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
  • youtube.com/channel/UCM3b-ovhSj2GjARYWYWwODQ
« Reply #1546 on: April 30, 2020, 10:46:52 PM »
1980 BACKSTAGE ;D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1547 on: May 03, 2020, 01:07:03 AM »

Why are so many so worked up about Bodybuilders using PEDs - if you don’t want to use Great good for you. You don’t see many PED Users Slagging you off.
I’d bet a lot of money your quick to use any drugs given by doctor/ hospital/ dentist & OTC Drugs
If you’re not feeling well. So Much for Naturals. 🙄

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
  • youtube.com/channel/UCM3b-ovhSj2GjARYWYWwODQ
« Reply #1548 on: June 02, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »
 ;D

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1549 on: June 02, 2020, 09:22:52 PM »