Author Topic: question about my legs  (Read 1405 times)

Big-C

• Getbig II
question about my legs
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »
So I was workin out the other day and a personal trainer noticed my horrible form on squats... what happens is the heel of my foot always shoots up?? anyways he told me i really need to stretch that stuff out.. u think hes right? of course he tried to sell me sessions but i must admit the next day i was quite sore.. help would be appreciated

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: question about my legs
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »
Try pointing your toes out a little more, than worked for me.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:07:31 AM »
Try pointing your toes out a little more, than worked for me.

this is the correct solution in my books. You can also put 10lb plates under your heals.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 08:29:17 AM »
Working out is just as much a mind game as a physical one. Your ankle/calf stretch will become more natural if focusing on keeping the heels flat on the floor.During warm-up, using light or bwt squats, that ankle/calf area will become more flexible. Actually when working into heavier weight on the squats, the heel tend to be planted strongly on the floor. Athletes are helped from getting a better stretch from flatfooted squatting. Among the other full benefits of serious squatting.

If putting a BB plate or 2X4 (preferred) under the heels , than more focus will be on the quads and somewhat away from the glutes. Even can relieve back stress and balance for some.  Will see the difference in shape and size. Good Luck.
F

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »
With no weight on the bar my heels come up also, but when I start adding more and more weight they stay planted.

And try the toes outward thing and maybe a bit wider stance, I've seen guys that thought they were taking a shoulder width stance but actually they were several inches in from their shoulder width.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 11:22:58 AM »
Try box squatting witha  wider stance it will force you to focus on breaking at the hips more and that should remedy the problem

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 06:32:00 PM »
If you're not squatting ass to heels then you should just do hack squats.

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 09:27:18 AM »
I have this same problem, and I feel its mainly a balance issue.  What I was told, and what has worked for me is to lean back into the downward motion, almost like you are falling into the lowered position.  This will keep you on your heels for the negative part of the motion and get you used to the feeling so it will eventually translate to the positive part of the movement.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »
Most all related to reduced flexibility in the ankle/calf area. Try doing full stretch warmup calf raises before squatting. And focus on the heels when squatting. Seems people are making a big issue of a very little problem Good Luck.
F