Author Topic: Marianne Gingrich Interview  (Read 2286 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Marianne Gingrich Interview
« on: January 20, 2012, 11:40:59 AM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Marianne Gingrich Interview
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 04:42:04 PM »
His daughters actually admit it did happen but excuse it because it happened a long time ago. The fact that he went after Clinton the way he did however, makes him a hypocrit, slimbag of  the highest order.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »
hey, a guy makes mistakes when he's 57.  Shit happens when youre young.

he's 68 now.  he is mature now.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »
hey, a guy makes mistakes when he's 57.  Shit happens when youre young.

he's 68 now.  he is mature now.
Look at it this way 240, the age at which you make mistakes doesnt matter, its how you learn and move on.
There is a real chance the man hates what he did. However, there is just as real a chance he doesnt and is just saying he does because he has to.

Either way - to condemn someone for making a mistake in his life is stupid, if youre trying to find a candidate that has never been hypocritical youll fail. Miserably.
And like I said, we have no idea what the circumstances were - what the rules of their relationship were, etc.

IMHO, someone that has fucked up bad and learned from it, has much more reason to speak on it than someone who has never experienced it.
I know if some rich middle class white guy who has never done crack tried to lecture me on how itll ruin my life, Id lol @ him.
If some haggard bastard that went from the rich middle class to the bottom of the barrel tried to tell me how crack destroyed his life, Id listen. Earnestly.

I think youre way off trying to say Gengrich has no right to talk about marriage when he's lived its ugly side.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
no, he made a mistake with wife #1.

with wife #2, he went further and wanted open marriage.

IMO, at that point, just do what arnold did and say "i'm sitting out legislating any morality".

Sorry, but you fucked the duck on 2 marriages and tried to have an open marriage - you lost lifetime pass to shit on others for their beliefs.

at this point, newt has ditched 2 wives when they got cancer and MS.  No way, not cool at all - no statute of limiations the second time.

he fcked up at age 56 or 57 on it - sorry, no, he can't come out at 68 and tell me how to live, and I dont even like dick.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 05:39:15 PM »
If he didnt go after Clinton the way he did, I wouldnt care but its becasue he did that I dislike him. Hes a turd.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 05:41:55 PM »
hey, a guy makes mistakes when he's 57.  Shit happens when youre young.

he's 68 now.  he is mature now.

Newt actually denied it.  Does anyone believe him?  Anyone?  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »
Newt actually denied it.  Does anyone believe him?  Anyone?  ???

probably the same folks that believes cain when he said he did nothing inappropriate for 43 years.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
Newt actually denied it.  Does anyone believe him?  Anyone?  ???
It's the most absurd denial in this race yet.  I can't fathom why he's being given a pass on this by some.  The only thing I can imagine is that Newt, or rather his manager, very successfully put this whole thing on the media.  The public hate politicians and the only thing they hate as much, if not more, is the media.  So well played by Newt to turn this on the media, knowing full well the distain the public has for the them.

Should we be talking about this?  Yes absolutely.  Did the media drop the ball on this because of their reputation of total douchebaggery?  Yup....

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 06:43:04 PM »
The point here isnt that Newt is not a dick, he is.
The point im trying to make is that people DO learn, even if they make mistakes late in life, and just because they fuck up does not mean theyre not allowed to speak on a subject.

Of course Newt is a piece of shit. BUT - I dont feel like he shouldnt be allowed to speak on the matter. Its up to the person listening to decide if its worth a damn or not.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 07:30:13 PM »
The point here isnt that Newt is not a dick, he is.
The point im trying to make is that people DO learn, even if they make mistakes late in life, and just because they fuck up does not mean theyre not allowed to speak on a subject.

Of course Newt is a piece of shit. BUT - I dont feel like he shouldnt be allowed to speak on the matter. Its up to the person listening to decide if its worth a damn or not.

You disappoint me yet again.  Reconsider your argument and rationale. :-X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 07:38:14 PM »
You disappoint me yet again.  Reconsider your argument and rationale. :-X
You dont think that after people have experience hell they are somehow unqualified to speak on it?
As a recovering addict, I personally feel capable of discussing how terrible dope is for people, especially moreso than the people who had never used trying to convince me how bad it was.

Maybe Im just looking at it differently, but my experiences make me feel qualified talking about the subject and how bad it is; I know its a "do as I say not as I did" type deal, but if even 1 person learns from my mistakes......

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
Hahaha you dont think that after people have experience hell they are somehow unqualified to speak on it?
As a recovering addict, I personally feel capable of discussing how terrible dope is for people, especially moreso than the people who had never used trying to convince me how bad it was.

Maybe Im just looking at it differently, but my experiences make me feel qualified talking about the subject and how bad it is; I know its a "do as I say not as I did" type deal, but if even 1 person learns from my mistakes......

This isn’t about you.

It’s about a very shrewd and politically astute individual jockeying to become president by positioning himself in a such a way as to appeal to (at first) very conservative voters who prize things like traditional marriage, fidelity, family values, etc.  He has spoken out aggressively against gay marriage and routinely moralizes at length.  Notice that in these debates Newt keeps referring to himself as a “grandfather” (as if he were the only one who has a family).  Most people have warm and loving memories of their grandparents.  So, presumably we should begin to think in Newt in those terms… rather than as the polemicist that he is.

To be sure, all young people make mistakes and learn from them, but 57 is not young.  Indeed it is way past adulthood.  I am reminded here of Henry Hyde who gained national attention for his leadership role in managing the impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton.  He slammed Clinton when he was in a position to do so on the national stage.  When the media outted Hyde for having his own affair he quietly admitted that it was true, but waved it off as a “youthful indiscretion.”  Only later we learned that his affair occurred when Hyde was in his 40s.  Yeah, that’s “youthful” . . . if you are in your 70s. ::)

Typically when people talk of youthful indiscretions they are talking about the behavior of tweens!

Contrary to what you write above the point here IS that Newt is a dick.  That is precisely the point.  One must not lose sight of that, but you appear to have readily done so.  We have a choice here; we can choose to believe that

a) people can learn from their mistakes, and become much better individuals and that this the dynamic that Newt is exhibiting.  Isn’t it wonderful?!

or

b) Newt is the same slimey figure he was just a few years ago and all this talk about going to god to seek forgiveness for his mistakes is merely cover for someone who badly wants the power of the presidency, to get an appointment in an administration, or otherwise boost his profile to increase his speaking/consulting fees (Freddie Mac anyone?) and audiences for his books.

He is a good rhetorician and “performs” well in debates--emphasis on the word performs—nevertheless I choose b.

You appear to have taken a defensive posture in this thread because you see some version of yourself in it.  That is your prerogative, but as I said, this is not about you.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 08:57:11 PM »
IDK Bay, I wouldn't automatically dismiss Newt's claim that his ex-wife's story is false. Or Newt's claim that he feels genuine regret. The way I see it though, someone who has cheated on their spouse goes down a notch in my book. Not because I value this mythical Christian construct of marriage but because it shows something about their character and trustworthiness.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »

This isn’t about you.

It’s about a very shrewd and politically astute individual jockeying to become president by positioning himself in a such a way as to appeal to (at first) very conservative voters who prize things like traditional marriage, fidelity, family values, etc.  He has spoken out aggressively against gay marriage and routinely moralizes at length.  Notice that in these debates Newt keeps referring to himself as a “grandfather” (as if he were the only one who has a family).  Most people have warm and loving memories of their grandparents.  So, presumably we should begin to think in Newt in those terms… rather than as the polemicist that he is.

To be sure, all young people make mistakes and learn from them, but 57 is not young.  Indeed it is way past adulthood.  I am reminded here of Henry Hyde who gained national attention for his leadership role in managing the impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton.  He slammed Clinton when he was in a position to do so on the national stage.  When the media outted Hyde for having his own affair he quietly admitted that it was true, but waved it off as a “youthful indiscretion.”  Only later we learned that his affair occurred when Hyde was in his 40s.  Yeah, that’s “youthful” . . . if you are in your 70s. ::)

Typically when people talk of youthful indiscretions they are talking about the behavior of tweens!

Contrary to what you write above the point here IS that Newt is a dick.  That is precisely the point.  One must not lose sight of that, but you appear to have readily done so.  We have a choice here; we can choose to believe that

a) people can learn from their mistakes, and become much better individuals and that this the dynamic that Newt is exhibiting.  Isn’t it wonderful?!

or

b) Newt is the same slimey figure he was just a few years ago and all this talk about going to god to seek forgiveness for his mistakes is merely cover for someone who badly wants the power of the presidency, to get an appointment in an administration, or otherwise boost his profile to increase his speaking/consulting fees (Freddie Mac anyone?) and audiences for his books.

He is a good rhetorician and “performs” well in debates--emphasis on the word performs—nevertheless I choose b.

You appear to have taken a defensive posture in this thread because you see some version of yourself in it.  That is your prerogative, but as I said, this is not about you.

Sorry the "hahaha" wasnt meant at you, that was supposed to go in another thread. Lol.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »

This isn’t about you.

or

Yeah, I do that quite a bit. I tend to see shadows of myself in a lot of other people. However - like I said in a post above - I dont believe Newt should not be allowed to speak on the subject as 240 said - I believe its up to the listener to determine if said source is being honest and credible or not.

I know Newt hasnt changed, and I know he's a scumbag. However I dont feel like he should never be able to speak on a subject that he may have good info on because of his own indiscretions, I feel that it is up to us as listeners to figure out if he's full of shit or not.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 11:08:24 PM »
Yeah, I do that quite a bit. I tend to see shadows of myself in a lot of other people. However - like I said in a post above - I dont believe Newt should not be allowed to speak on the subject as 240 said - I believe its up to the listener to determine if said source is being honest and credible or not.

I know Newt hasnt changed, and I know he's a scumbag. However I dont feel like he should never be able to speak on a subject that he may have good info on because of his own indiscretions, I feel that it is up to us as listeners to figure out if he's full of shit or not.

And we have done so.  At least I and many others have. Certainly, Newt can speak on any subject he likes.  But he cannot do so with credibility while also running for president.  It is too convenient to have a "come to Jesus" moment about marriage and fidelity (after dumping two previous wives when they were sick... cheating on the last one... and asking her for an open marriage) at the very moment you are chasing votes so that you can become President.  We shouldn't even be having this debate; I thought you were smarter than this.

Something Newt said has thus far gone unmined by the media.  According to his second wife Newt said, "you want me all to yourself.  Calista doesn't care what I do."  I believe that quote too.  In other words, his current wife doesn't mind if he cheats on her.  That posture would not sit well with the conservatives Newt is trying to court.  ::)

Would you want that in a first lady?