Author Topic: Newt Gingrich Rips John King And CNN For Opening Debate Question  (Read 3477 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Republican hopeful Newt Gingrich excoriated CNN’s John King at Thursday’s South Carolina debate for asking if the former Speaker of the House wanted to respond to the allegations by Gingrich’s ex-wife that he had asked her for an “open marriage.”

“No, but I will,” a visibly angered Gingrich fumed. “I think the destructive vicious negative nature of much of the news media makes it harder to govern this country, harder to attract decent people to run for public office. I’m appalled you would begin a presidential debate on a topic like that.”

RELATED: Newt Gingrich Brawls With Fox News’ Chris Wallace Over Debate ‘Gotcha’ Question

“Is that all you want to say, sir?” King responded.

“Let me finish,” Gingrich replied. “Every person in here knows personal pain. Every person in here has had someone close to them go through painful things. To take an ex-wife and make it two days before the primary, a significant question in a presidential campaign, is as close to despicable as anything I can imagine. My two daughters, my two daughters wrote the head of ABC and made the point that it was wrong, that they should pull it, and I am, frankly, astounded that CNN would take trash like that and use it to open a presidential debate.”

“This story did not come from our network,” King contended. “As you also know, it is the subject of conversation on the campaign. I get your point, I take –”

“John, it was repeated by your network,” Gingrich interjected. “You chose to start the debate with it. Don’t blame it on somebody else. You and your staff chose to start the debate with it.”
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/newt-gingrich-rips-john-kingcnn-for-opening-debate-with-%E2%80%98open-marriage%E2%80%99-question/

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Newt Gingrich Rips John King And CNN For Opening Debate Question
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »
Good job Newt. Fuck the media, they deserve respect from no one.
Journalistic integrity is gone, all they are now is a glorified TMZ.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 10:15:37 AM »
well.............

where do you draw the line?

if candidate X had be caught giving a male staffer a blowjob and it was all over the news...

would it have been something to bring up then?

if news had just broken that mitt had 7 wives we didn't know about - should it be in the debate?

Should a CNN moderator have asked clinton about the BJ?  of course!

I guess it's judgment - yall deem a ten year open marriage thing as not mattering, and that's fair.  But where do you draw the line? newsletter matter when RPaul has no history of racism, but this claim doesn't matter when newt has 3 marriages and is telling people "marriage is between ONE man and ONE woman'? 

IT COMPLETELY UNDERMINES HIS POSITION ON A HUGE WEDGE ISSUE.   So it kinds does matter, guys.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »
well.............

if candidate X had be caught giving a male staffer a blowjob and it was all over the news...

if news had just broken that mitt had 7 wives we didn't know about - should it be in the debate?

I guess it's judgment - yall deem a ten year open marriage thing as not mattering, and that's fair.  But where do you draw the line? newsletter matter when RPaul has no history of racism, but this claim doesn't matter when newt has 3 marriages and is telling people "marriage is between ONE man and ONE woman'? 

IT COMPLETELY UNDERMINES HIS POSITION ON A HUGE WEDGE ISSUE.   So it kinds does matter, guys.
Newsletters didnt matter.
But people are stupid.
I think the mans home life, is his home life.
Not like ex's can be trusted anyway, they always look for an excuse to lie and bullshit about "personal things" cause they know it can never be proven one way or the other, and people like to believe the bad shit they hear.

IMHO - home life should be off limits unless its something like rape or abuse. What happens between a man and a woman, their rules, the way they live their lives, is none of my concern.
The decisions they make in office, however is something else.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
well.............

Whatever tool.  

I would take a sleazebag newt over obama any day.  

At least Newt actually worked for a balanced budget as speaker of the house.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 10:26:56 AM »
I think the mans home life, is his home life.

Yes - UNLESS - you are giving a man power over your wallet, nation and life, you know?

If candidate X had spent 20 years beating his wife, living open marriage, choking out sluts in bondage, plugging sheep with dildos, and shoving hamsters up his ass...

Would you TRUST the JUDGMENT of that candidate X to control the nuclear football?  Or would you say "ya know, something tells me this dude is kinda fcked up" and move to someone else.

I'm all for leaving personal shit out of the public light, unless 1) the candidate is lecturing others on how to behave on those matters, or 2) we're giving that person nukes lol.

Palin had live-in kids' boyfriends and kid quitting school to have babies - then she had the fcking audacity to lecture us on abstinence.  Yeah, nice try.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:29:14 AM »
Yes - UNLESS - you are giving a man power over your wallet, nation and life, you know?

If candidate X had spent 20 years beating his wife, living open marriage, choking out sluts in bondage, plugging sheep with dildos, and shoving hamsters up his ass...

Would you TRUST the JUDGMENT of that candidate X to control the nuclear football?  Or would you say "ya know, something tells me this dude is kinda fcked up" and move to someone else.

I'm all for leaving personal shit out of the public light, unless 1) the candidate is lecturing others on how to behave on those matters, or 2) we're giving that person nukes lol.

Palin had live-in kids' boyfriends and kid quitting school to have babies - then she had the fcking audacity to lecture us on abstinence.  Yeah, nice try.
I know several people whos sexual tastes border on the horrendous, yet they run their lives far better than others I know.

As I said above - if it involves some sort of heinous crime, then obviously that should be disclosed. However, if Newt just likes to take a buttplug from his wife from time to time; none of my goddamn business and in no way does that reflect on his ability to make decisions IMHO.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »
I know several people whos sexual tastes border on the horrendous, yet they run their lives far better than others I know.

As I said above - if it involves some sort of heinous crime, then obviously that should be disclosed. However, if Newt just likes to take a buttplug from his wife from time to time; none of my goddamn business and in no way does that reflect on his ability to make decisions IMHO.

180 is trying to find any reason at all to vote for obama 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
no i'm not, you fudgepacking liberal NYer romney voter.  :)

i'll vote paul, santorum, newt, romney, then i'll just write in 333386 on the ballot.  in that order.

it's a relavant issue because newt tries to legislate "marriage is between one man and one woman" then tried to arrange a situation which as not that.

Hy-po-crite.  it's that simple.  Arnold gets a pass on the ass grabbing and maids because he owns it and doesn't try to legislate morality.  not newt. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 10:38:47 AM »
no i'm not, you fudgepacking liberal NYer romney voter.  :)

i'll vote paul, santorum, newt, romney, then i'll just write in 333386 on the ballot.  in that order.

it's a relavant issue because newt tries to legislate "marriage is between one man and one woman" then tried to arrange a situation which as not that.

Hy-po-crite.  it's that simple.  Arnold gets a pass on the ass grabbing and maids because he owns it and doesn't try to legislate morality.  not newt. 

He says it never happened as do the daughters.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 10:39:34 AM »
well.............

Should a CNN moderator have asked clinton about the BJ?  of course!

I guess it's judgment - yall deem a ten year open marriage thing as not mattering, and that's fair.  But where do you draw the line? newsletter matter when RPaul has no history of racism, but this claim doesn't matter when newt has 3 marriages and is telling people "marriage is between ONE man and ONE woman'?  

IT COMPLETELY UNDERMINES HIS POSITION ON A HUGE WEDGE ISSUE.   So it kinds does matter, guys.

PLEASE!!!

Newt's affair ain't news. We already knew that Newt screwed around on his wife. All his ex-wife is doing is dishing dirt (which may or may not be true, for the sole purpose of destroying him and his campaign). We don't need to know the minutia. What's next, are they going to ask Newt if Clarista liked it doggy-style? Or if there was whipped cream involved, at the no-tell motel?

If this were so important, why did Marianne wait nearly a YEAR (conveniently after Newt became a front-runner) to air all this mess?

Newt claims that he's saved, turned his life around, and has a new reformed life. I thought you weren't supposed to justify bad behavior with more bad behavior. So, because Newt committed adultery, he's somehow banned from getting involved in the issue of defining marriage in this country? He's supposed to sit by and let gay activists (and their political allies) re-define the institution entirely?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
He says it never happened as do the daughters.  

and the wife says it did.   Make them all take polygraphs.  Newt has a history of lying, the wife, does she?  who was kicked outt congress, newt or his ex wife?

oh, which one of them lied about the $ they got from freddie mac?  was that the ex wife?  oh wait.

Sorry, when it's a he said/she said, you have to look at the source's integrity.

Newt has motive (see, cause he married calista) and a history of cheating, and a history of lying.

And we all know, if you had to bet your gun collection on who was lying, you'd bet newt, 33, admit it :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »
"i'm saved'?

LOL... so he was 55 when he cheated, but he learned his lesson by now? 

hahahaha we're not talking aobut getting his dick wet when he's 20.  We're talking about a guy on his 2nd wife, who gets sick, so he starts hitting chick #3.

and it wouldn't matter - if his ass wasn't trying to lecture everyone else on how to define marraige.  Don't get me wrong, i still vote newt over mitt and obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 10:45:04 AM »

and the wife says it did.   Make them all take polygraphs.  Newt has a history of lying, the wife, does she?  who was kicked outt congress, newt or his ex wife?

oh, which one of them lied about the $ they got from freddie mac?  was that the ex wife?  oh wait.

Sorry, when it's a he said/she said, you have to look at the source's integrity.

Newt has motive (see, cause he married calista) and a history of cheating, and a history of lying.

And we all know, if you had to bet your gun collection on who was lying, you'd bet newt, 33, admit it :)

I already said i am prepared to do previously never though of things to get obama out of office.   do you understand what that means? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 10:46:44 AM »
"i'm saved'?

LOL... so he was 55 when he cheated, but he learned his lesson by now? 

hahahaha we're not talking aobut getting his dick wet when he's 20.  We're talking about a guy on his 2nd wife, who gets sick, so he starts hitting chick #3.

and it wouldn't matter - if his ass wasn't trying to lecture everyone else on how to define marraige.  Don't get me wrong, i still vote newt over mitt and obama.

I must have missed the memo that put an age limit on when someone can repent from his transgressions.

People who were once strung out on crack go to rehab and later try to warn others of the dangers of narcotics. Are they "hypocrites"? NO!

Neither is Newt. A hypocrite is someone who CURRENTLY engages in the activity for which he chastises others for doing. As far as we know, Newt ain't creeping on his current wife and hasn't since they've been married.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 10:48:31 AM »
240 - newt is a sleazebag, but he is agressive and competitive and does not have a glass jaw like mittens.

As of today -

RP 1
NG 2
RS 3
MR 4 

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 10:50:56 AM »
Newt Gingrich made a big deal about Bill Clinton while at the same time wanting an open marriage...(a closet hippie By God)

As far as being banned for all time of passing judgement...Yes...decidely so...

As far as Marianne goes...Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...Newt should have treated her better.

There is no "King's X"...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 10:51:34 AM »
I must have missed the memo that put an age limit on when someone can repent from his transgressions.

no problem.  The memo said 54 was the age.  if youre 55 and putting your jimmy in new booty, you're a dirtbag for life.  It's official.

Neither is Newt. A hypocrite is someone who CURRENTLY engages in the activity for which he chastises others for doing. As far as we know, Newt ain't creeping on his current wife and hasn't since they've been married.

no, but if you were creeping yesterday and today you try telling others they're going to hell fo creeping, ya sohuld STFU.

so we can look for 'how many years til a person can lecture others'.... NEVER.  You can't. ever.  If you cheat, you can't call otehrs cheaters because time has passed.  that's you.  Own it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »
no problem.  The memo said 54 was the age.  if youre 55 and putting your jimmy in new booty, you're a dirtbag for life.  It's official.
LOL

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »
Newt Gingrich made a big deal about Bill Clinton while at the same time wanting an open marriage...(a closet hippie By God)

As far as being banned for all time of passing judgement...Yes...decidely so...

As far as Marianne goes...Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...Newt should have treated her better.

And ghettothugbama called GWB unpatriotic for the debt in 2008 despite that traitorbama has incurred ridiculous debt in 3 years.    Its politics.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 11:07:21 AM »

no, but if you were creeping yesterday and today you try telling others they're going to hell fo creeping, ya sohuld STFU.

so we can look for 'how many years til a person can lecture others'.... NEVER.  You can't. ever.  If you cheat, you can't call otehrs cheaters because time has passed.  that's you.  Own it.

Yes, you can. What you claim is like an ex-crackhead being banned from talking to others about the dangers of crack cocaine.

And, Newt isn't lecturing anyone about going to hell for anything.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 11:13:52 AM »
Yes, you can. What you claim is like an ex-crackhead being banned from talking to others about the dangers of crack cocaine.

And, Newt isn't lecturing anyone about going to hell for anything.

yes, IMO, if a former crackhead wants to lock up people for smoking crack, they should voluntarily go do a 3-year bid to show they're really sincere.

Newt is telling people how to define marriage.  After he cheated his way out of 2 and tried to have an open marriage.

So while I don't care what he does, it does piss me off when he says Joe & jack can't get married... but he and chick2 and chick3 can have a nice little fake marriage.

it's insulting - that's what it is.  When you fck up, over and over, you lsoe your right to lecture others for fcking up.  Notice Rush doesn't lecture people on drug laws anymore.  He gets it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »
yes, IMO, if a former crackhead wants to lock up people for smoking crack, they should voluntarily go do a 3-year bid to show they're really sincere.

Newt is telling people how to define marriage.  After he cheated his way out of 2 and tried to have an open marriage.

So while I don't care what he does, it does piss me off when he says Joe & jack can't get married... but he and chick2 and chick3 can have a nice little fake marriage.

it's insulting - that's what it is.  When you fck up, over and over, you lsoe your right to lecture others for fcking up.  Notice Rush doesn't lecture people on drug laws anymore.  He gets it.

yet you never hold ghettobama to the same standard on the debt.  go figure 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »
Newt Gingrich made a big deal about Bill Clinton while at the same time wanting an open marriage...(a closet hippie By God)As far as being banned for all time of passing judgement...Yes...decidely so...

that makes him a hypocrite

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »