Author Topic: Back Pain  (Read 10215 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Back Pain
« on: June 04, 2010, 01:53:56 AM »
I squatted too heavy about 2 weeks ago.  Got 2 reps and hung it up.  Nothing went pop, no pain during the squat.

The next couple days my lower back was aching, then it went away.  Squatted light and again had serious pain in the lower back the next couple days.  Pain went away.

Now I haven't squatted or deadlifted but the pain is there again, came back on its own a week later.  Wtf.  Feels like I'm a little hunched forward.  Can't arch my back without shooting pain (just tried to lie down to bench and gave up).  Going through a squatting movement is wicked painful.  Can't walk without occasional shooting pain.  Doesn't feel like the spine tho, more like I've just got really tight muscles.  Stretching seems to help for about 30 seconds before everything tightens up again.  Strain or pull maybe?

Yes, I'll go to the doctor if it persists.  What say the doctors of Getbig?

(epic 10,000th post)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: Back Pain
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 01:57:31 AM »
You won't recover. ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:00:12 AM »
You won't recover. ;D

I better.  Fucking walking around grunting loud every 4th step at the moment. 

On the upside, people are keeping their distance.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 02:01:21 AM »
Haha! Next stop "The Melbourne Sunnyside Retirement Home", sat in a comfy chair next to Vince B, pissing your pants and muttering about "the flotsam and jetsam".

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 02:03:51 AM »
Haha! Next stop "The Melbourne Sunnyside Retirement Home", sat in a comfy chair next to Vince B, pissing your pants and muttering about "the flotsam and jetsam".

Lol, you dick whippersnapper.  At least the computer chair is still comfy or I'd be really screwed.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 04:52:38 AM »
I'm the only one who ever had a lower back strain.  My God!  You're all beasts!

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 04:54:44 AM »
I'm the only one who ever had a lower back strain.  My God!  You're all beasts!
You sound like the only one here who cannot afford 3 Thai masseuses and your own chiro.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 04:58:29 AM »
Trapped sciatic nerve,i had one for years,couldn`t bear to have 1 plate on my shoulders for squats,then 3 years ago i bought some inversion boots,hung upside down from a chinning bar for a minute and by the 3 rd day of trying this my back was fine.Never had a problem since and i make sure i hang upside down for 1 minute a couple of times a week.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 05:00:44 AM »
You sound like the only one here who cannot afford 3 Thai masseuses and your own chiro.

A quack and 3 slanty eyed prostitutes with narrow hips and mysterious bulges in their bikinis?  

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 05:03:34 AM »
Trapped sciatic nerve,i had one for years,couldn`t bear to have 1 plate on my shoulders for squats,then 3 years ago i bought some inversion boots,hung upside down from a chinning bar for a minute and by the 3 rd day of trying this my back was fine.Never had a problem since and i make sure i hang upside down for 1 minute a couple of times a week.

Did it hurt while hanging?  I've tried hanging rightside up and it's not too pleasant.  Might give it another shot tho.

Or might rig something up tonight.  Ropes & carabiners, etc, if I think I can get into position.  Cheers, crown.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 05:05:21 AM »
A quack and 3 slanty eyed prostitutes with narrow hips and mysterious bulges in their bikinis?  
Exactly! ;D

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 05:07:51 AM »
Did it hurt while hanging?  I've tried hanging rightside up and it's not too pleasant.  Might give it another shot tho.

Or might rig something up tonight.  Ropes & carabiners, etc, if I think I can get into position.  Cheers, crown.
Don't go all Chris Benoit on us. It's just back pain!

But seriously: it would help to know exactly where the pain is located, is it unilateral or not, does it shoot outwards, and if so: to where? Etc. Those are what my physio kept asking me, not that you get the impression I know WTF I'm talking about.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 05:10:36 AM »
Yes with a back injury the slightest things will cause pain like tieing your shoes. I injured my back years ago doing deadlifts, it still flairs up now and then. The only relief I got was from a chiropractor aligining the spine. Now when it flairs up I can "pop" my back on my own much like a chiropractor does. Ibuprofen works for pain.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 05:22:17 AM »
Don't go all Chris Benoit on us. It's just back pain!

But seriously: it would help to know exactly where the pain is located, is it unilateral or not, does it shoot outwards, and if so: to where? Etc. Those are what my physio kept asking me, not that you get the impression I know WTF I'm talking about.

If I just arch my back it shoots pain dead center, but when I'm out walking around it will shoot on the left or right, particularly on the side if I step down with, like off a curb or something.

When I performed a squat movement yesterday, it hurt like hell all over the lower back.  The neighbors must have thought I was slaughtering a donkey in here.

Yes with a back injury the slightest things will cause pain like tieing your shoes. I injured my back years ago doing deadlifts, it still flairs up now and then. The only relief I got was from a chiropractor aligining the spine. Now when it flairs up I can "pop" my back on my own much like a chiropractor does. Ibuprofen works for pain.

I get a pinched nerve or something a couple times a year under either shoulder blade, and ya it gets brought on by the damnedest things, like moving a ladder or something lame.  I can still lift things ok it seems right now, like the dog because he's too old to jump into the van, although I haven't tried anything heavy.  Seems like more of a posture problem.

I'll consider a chiro too if it doesn't start healing up.  And ya I went to the pharmacy and loaded up with drugs.  Currently running a 2 painkiller w/opiates + Jim Beam stack.  ;D  

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 05:31:06 AM »
If I just arch my back it shoots pain dead center, but when I'm out walking around it will shoot on the left or right, particularly on the side if I step down with, like off a curb or something.

I get a pinched nerve or something a couple times a year under either shoulder blade, and ya it gets brought on by the damnedest things, like moving a ladder or something lame.

I'll consider a chiro too if it doesn't start healing up.  And ya I went to the pharmacy and loaded up with drugs.  Currently running a 2 painkiller w/opiates + Jim Beam stack.  ;D  
Nice job on the drugs and alcohol. Yes mine flaired up the other day sometimes the slightest thing will set it off, once I went to take a shit and just twisted around for toliet paper I could hardly stand up afterwards. I couldnt remember what set mine off last time than riding my motorcycle the fucker is heavy so maybe just turning and stuff set it off.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 05:39:15 AM »
Nice job on the drugs and alcohol. Yes mine flaired up the other day sometimes the slightest thing will set it off, once I went to take a shit and just twisted around for toliet paper I could hardly stand up afterwards. I couldnt remember what set mine off last time than riding my motorcycle the fucker is heavy so maybe just turning and stuff set it off.

Hahaha frozen to the shitter!

Couple years ago I was going to be THE BIG MAN and help a 'lil lady move a small cabinet.  Halfway to my van POW my back goes.  She's carrying the other side of the thing and asking me if I'm alright and I'm squeeking set it down! set it down!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 05:42:10 AM »
Hahaha frozen to the shitter!

Couple years ago I was going to be THE BIG MAN and help a 'lil lady move a small cabinet.  Halfway to my van POW my back goes.  She's carrying the other side of the thing and asking me if I'm alright and I'm squeeking set it down! set it down!
Good that you are helping the elderly. Yes back pain will come out of nowhere when you least expect it. So then I guess the lady had to move it herself? ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 05:50:24 AM »
Good that you are helping the elderly. Yes back pain will come out of nowhere when you least expect it. So then I guess the lady had to move it herself? ;D

She wasn't a little OLD lady - just a little lady.  You know, the kind you want to impress with your manliness and John Wayne take charge attitude.  Haha, so much for that plan.

Nah, pride over pain.  She said she could lift it into the van herself but I wasn't about to stand back and let that happen!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 05:53:44 AM »
Backpain sucks.  i've talked about this with Nobody....I had a back injury a few years ago and instead of going to a chiro I grunted thru it for about 3 years.....finally met a good guy thru family that is a chiro and went to him.....he had me fixed in less than 2 months.  Haven't had a flare up in a year now....they were happening about once a month before I went.

I used to sell the inversion boots and tables and they are great, BUT I would suggest getting checked by a doc first.  Just make sure you aren't going to make the problem worse.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 05:54:30 AM »
She wasn't a little OLD lady - just a little lady.  You know, the kind you want to impress with your manliness and John Wayne take charge attitude.  Haha, so much for that plan.

Nah, pride over pain.  She said she could lift it into the van herself but I wasn't about to stand back and let that happen!
Damn tape you are a tough mofo I would have just laid down in the parking lot and called 911.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 06:09:07 AM »
Backpain sucks.  i've talked about this with Nobody....I had a back injury a few years ago and instead of going to a chiro I grunted thru it for about 3 years.....finally met a good guy thru family that is a chiro and went to him.....he had me fixed in less than 2 months.  Haven't had a flare up in a year now....they were happening about once a month before I went.

I used to sell the inversion boots and tables and they are great, BUT I would suggest getting checked by a doc first.  Just make sure you aren't going to make the problem worse.

You hear a lot of mixed reviews of chiros.  Some hate 'em, some swear by them it seems.  

Ya, I stayed home from work today and probably should have got it looked at.  I'll stop in at a local physiotherapist tomorrow tho.  Maybe he'll have a table I could try out or some stretching to recommend.   I'll go to a doc on monday if there's no good news by then.  Probably leave the chiro until last but you won't find me waiting 3 years.  Three days and I'm whinning on Getbig about it.  Can't imagine going 3 years like this, Show!  You must have been half crazy by then!

Damn tape you are a tough mofo I would have just laid down in the parking lot and called 911.

Nah.  Just acted like having trouble breathing because of pain was all in a day's work.  She kept asking me "Are you sure you're alright?"  Guess I'm not much of an actor.  But if you can't play the manly man card at least get 'em with the sympathy card!

Doesn't happen that bad every time tho, and this lower back is nothing by comparison.  It's just pissing me off because I want a workout but don't want to make it any worse.  Doesn't sound anything near to yours tho.  Were you pulling a lot when you hurt it or was it just a freaky bad luck kind of thing?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 06:15:48 AM »
You hear a lot of mixed reviews of chiros.  Some hate 'em, some swear by them it seems.  

Ya, I stayed home from work today and probably should have got it looked at.  I'll stop in at a local physiotherapist tomorrow tho.  Maybe he'll have a table I could try out or some stretching to recommend.   I'll go to a doc on monday if there's no good news by then.  Probably leave the chiro until last but you won't find me waiting 3 years.  Three days and I'm whinning on Getbig about it.  Can't imagine going 3 years like this, Show!  You must have been half crazy by then!

haha, it did suck....the episodes got closer and closer together and I grew up NEVER going to the doctor unless it was the emergency room...the last straw was when I bent over to pick up some leaves and the next thing I knew my knees had buckled and I was looking straight up at the sky.    And I was leary of chiro's too.  You hear so many mixed opinons, but i think the thing is that they can't fix everybody, but man if you are one they can fix it's a great thing!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 06:17:31 AM »

Nah.  Just acted like having trouble breathing because of pain was all in a day's work.  She kept asking me "Are you sure you're alright?"  Guess I'm not much of an actor.  But if you can't play the manly man card at least get 'em with the sympathy card!

Doesn't happen that bad every time tho, and this lower back is nothing by comparison.  It's just pissing me off because I want a workout but don't want to make it any worse.  Doesn't sound anything near to yours tho.  Were you pulling a lot when you hurt it or was it just a freaky bad luck kind of thing?
Well when I hurt mine I was doing 585 lbs on my 5th rep I got a pain in my back had to lay on the floor awhile, then shit hit the fan the next day I couldnt move for a week. Serious man Chiro is the best Show vouches for them as well, I found some yoga movements that help me now when a flair up occurs so I dont go to the Chiro anymore just work on it myself.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 06:26:53 AM »
Damn you guys are making me feel small.  I never buckled or collapsed.  I just freeze and make an involuntary hungnhghnn sound.  And 585?  I consider deads one of my better lifts (although I might be backing off for awhile) but that is not a number which I come anywhere near for 1, nevermind 5!

Tried a little yoga-like stuff at home today.  Couldn't do much but the stretching seemed to help for a short time afterwards.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 06:29:43 AM »
Damn you guys are making me feel small.  I never buckled or collapsed.  I just freeze and make an involuntary hungnhghnn sound.  And 585?  I consider deads one of my better lifts (although I might be backing off for awhile) but that is not a number which I come anywhere near for 1, nevermind 5!

Tried a little yoga-like stuff at home today.  Couldn't do much but the stretching seemed to help for a short time afterwards.

Something else to try that is cheap, are the foam rollers.  Get a fairly firm one.  A few years ago a bunch of the Carolina Hurricanes started stopping in and ordering them, so I gave one a shot.....they can bring some good relief too.