Author Topic: B&A Show has been cancelled!  (Read 34668 times)

ben 1

• Getbig II
  • real men !
B&A Show has been cancelled!
« on: July 03, 2008, 11:41:37 AM »
Dear Athletes and Officials,

After receiving several death threads within the last month and other series of negative things that have
what happened to us,we decided after carefully deliberating,to cancel the show. We do not take this lightly because we care about the Athletes but our personal safety is more important. Not only our personal safety, but as well of the participants. We consultat several people about our problem and finaly came to this dicision. I know I will loose our face over this and we put already $40000 in this show, which we will never get back but we still have our lives. No Bodybuilding show is worth to put your family or Athletes in danger.

All entry fees and ticket fees will be returned within 10 days.

Sincerely

B&A Production

spinnis

Re: B&A SHOW CANCELED!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:56:01 AM »

Death threats? NO ONE is ever going to be killed over a BB show.

After all this promoting at least put on a show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »
Did you contact the police wrt the death threats?

Yes this does look bad for you.

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:11:15 PM »
why would someone threaten you over a bb show?

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »
good excuse to cancel... top points for originality!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »
what B&A show?  ???

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »
my friend, I understand you, I have received for years phone-mail threats

I understand that your children and your wife are terrorized

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 01:46:14 PM »

After receiving several death threads within the last month and other series of negative things that have
what happened to us,we decided after carefully deliberating,to cancel the show. We do not take this lightly because we care about the Athletes but our personal safety is more important. Not only our personal safety, but as well of the participants. We consultat several people about our problem and finaly came to this dicision. I know I will loose our face over this and we put already $40000 in this show, which we will never get back but we still have our lives. No Bodybuilding show is worth to put your family or Athletes in danger.

Sincerely

B&A Production

Did the death threats come from Flex Wheeler's ninjas?

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 01:48:13 PM »
If it was a T&A show, then I would be pissed!

Stormcloud

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 01:48:21 PM »
Death threats? Over a show? Come on now... that seems pretty intense. The truth may be that three weeks before the show, the bills start pouring in, and with $80K in prize money, 3 new cars, costs for the venue and more, the amount you needed to put out could be close to $150K or more.  With very little sponsorship, and other hidden costs, you could of lost over $120K or more.

So you decided to cut your losses. That is understandable. Deposits of the theater, and other expenses that was put it will be forfeited, as your time. Sorry to hear that.

Putting a show on without sponsors and a lot of pressure from rival organizations is very hard. You tried. It didnt work out.

Problem is, a lot of people and competitors made arrangements for flight tickets, hotels, time off work, and because of a cancellation so close to the show, many others will lose a lot of money and time too.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »
Did you contact the police wrt the death threats?

Yes this does look bad for you.
x2
just not good enough

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 01:54:31 PM »

Sincerely

B&A Production

100% bullshit.

You are a fucking liar Ben.

If you received "death threats" post a scan of the police report/s........I'm calling you on your BS.

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 01:57:52 PM »
He mentioned the death threats before this also. You don't fuck around with another company's stranglehold on oiled men in thongs!

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 02:05:42 PM »

the solution

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »
Death threats? Over a show? Come on now... that seems pretty intense. The truth may be that three weeks before the show, the bills start pouring in, and with $80K in prize money, 3 new cars, costs for the venue and more, the amount you needed to put out could be close to $150K or more.  With very little sponsorship, and other hidden costs, you could of lost over $120K or more.

So you decided to cut your losses. That is understandable. Deposits of the theater, and other expenses that was put it will be forfeited, as your time. Sorry to hear that.

Putting a show on without sponsors and a lot of pressure from rival organizations is very hard. You tried. It didnt work out.

Problem is, a lot of people and competitors made arrangements for flight tickets, hotels, time off work, and because of a cancellation so close to the show, many others will lose a lot of money and time too.

Quoted for truth.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 02:20:09 PM »
where is muscle phone when you need it ::)

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 02:21:10 PM »

Sincerely

B&A Production

death threads ? lol

Stark

• Getbig V
You guys thnk this beats even the Ninja Story?
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 02:22:44 PM »

Sincerely

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 02:24:50 PM »
please a little respect

I hope in better solution for the european athletes that work very hard for this contest

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »
Buy or sell?

Well, I'll take 'Not buying' for $1000, Alex. 

---

There are still some shady characters in Vegas.

If Ben took or planned to take a loan from someone to stage this production and later realized that the entry fees and gate would not allow him to repay, then maybe he's cutting his losses now.

But as for "Do this show and you will die"...I'm not buying it at all. 

Up until now, Ben, you've seemed like a solid, reliable character.  I was never fully sold on the tremendous prizes you were offering, but your honesty - prior to today - made you seem somewhat legit and I was willing to take a 'wait and see' attitude.

At this point, though...I don't know what to say. 

So, since you've already got a deposit in on the venue for that day, I might be willing to take it off your hands.  How much do you want? 

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 02:26:53 PM »
To all competitors - don't worry.  The 2008 NPC USA will be on the same weekend, for don't cancel your flights, just enter the show.  Of course, you need to compete first in a qualifying NPC contest. Fortunately, there is one in Los Angeles a week earlier.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 02:28:56 PM »
please a little respect

I hope in better solution for the european athletes that work very hard for this contest

Here's an idea: 

Since most of your flights are non-refundable, come over anyway and join the rest of us at the NPC USAs. 

Our crew of gorgeous, fit women will be scoping the crowd for a few good men to invite out to Muscle Mansion, so maybe some of the Europeans will get to enjoy an extra special treat while in town. 

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: You guys thnk this beats even the Ninja Story?
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »
lol who gets so serious to death threaten someone over a stupid show
TEAM Nasser

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 02:50:39 PM »
To all competitors - don't worry.  The 2008 NPC USA will be on the same weekend, for don't cancel your flights, just enter the show.  Of course, you need to compete first in a qualifying NPC contest. Fortunately, there is one in Los Angeles a week earlier.

european competitors can't change their airtiket one week before to los angeles

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 03:36:13 PM »

Sincerely

B&A Production

You should have called Crimestoppers
A