Author Topic: B&A Show has been cancelled!  (Read 34675 times)

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
Re: There is only one man to blame for all the $ you B&A athletes have lost
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »
why do we no longer hear at all from "Ben1"?
PIP, "Ben1"

Moosejay

« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2008, 07:00:04 PM »
man...i have run a few shows and took a bath...but could not just close up and deny all of what they worked for...

maybe ben1 never competed so he does not know what its like?

where is ben1 based out of? America? Can he be located and or contacted? Not from website, as I can see....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: B&A SHOW CANCELED!!!
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2008, 07:25:27 PM »
Those of us who have been around for decades wondered if Ben could pull off this contest. The odds were slim that he would be successful. Early on it was clear that the IFBB boys were not going to sit around and let someone else snare their competitors. Ah, how noble. These boys have been in the trenches for years and years battling rival organizations so they know how to deal with them.

Along comes the maverick known as Vince G CSN MFT to foil Ben's show! How ironic. How could that hapless stooge sabotage anyone or anything at all? This is why Melvin is an internet legend. Mess with him and you will be sorry. His power is vast and his opinion important! Let this be a lesson to everyone out there. Pay attention to Goodrum because he knows his shit!

Moosejay

« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2008, 09:15:37 PM »
Those of us who have been around for decades wondered if Ben could pull off this contest. The odds were slim that he would be successful. Early on it was clear that the IFBB boys were not going to sit around and let someone else snare their competitors. Ah, how noble. These boys have been in the trenches for years and years battling rival organizations so they know how to deal with them.

Along comes the maverick known as Vince G CSN MFT to foil Ben's show! How ironic. How could that hapless stooge sabotage anyone or anything at all? This is why Melvin is an internet legend. Mess with him and you will be sorry. His power is vast and his opinion important! Let this be a lesson to everyone out there. Pay attention to Goodrum because he knows his shit!

it would be interesting to see what an entry form/contract looked like for this show....

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2008, 04:06:45 AM »
N I G G A  Please....... ::)

racist post reported!

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2008, 04:41:37 AM »
Sounds like you guys are gonna have to hunt Vince down and kill him. Good luck.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2008, 04:48:16 AM »

Yeah...

Hate to defend Vince here, but all he did was post his opinions on a forum, something we all do.

Moosejay

« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2008, 07:48:09 AM »
Yeah...

Hate to defend Vince here, but all he did was post his opinions on a forum, something we all do.

maybe it has to be considered if ben1 'took the money and ran...'

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2008, 07:54:09 AM »
maybe it has to be considered if ben1 'took the money and ran...'

if he did, it was only a courageuos act of protecting all athletes from the death threats.

he took all the money and thus draw the attention solely on himself. A true hero.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2008, 08:40:58 AM »
Since when was the prize money in the events large enough to offset these "major" costs anyway.  1 person wins and the rest walk away with peanuts.  So with that said, would it have made a real financial difference if the show had been put on?

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2008, 10:39:57 AM »
I guess its safe to say that the Jackie Robertson bloodline doesn't travel anywhere near your veins... :-\

Being a complete pussy is no way to go through life Sir...

umm, who is Jackie Robertson?

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2008, 10:41:19 AM »

B/c Vince and Ben1 are the same person, just Vince up to new tricks as a goof.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »
Death threats? NO ONE is ever going to be killed over a BB show.

After all this promoting at least put on a show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They got this guy on a temp release to do the hit :-X
I am a tad disturbed to learn this , if it is true, death threats over a BB meet is pretty sick.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2008, 01:08:13 PM »
Since when was the prize money in the events large enough to offset these "major" costs anyway.  1 person wins and the rest walk away with peanuts.  So with that said, would it have made a real financial difference if the show had been put on?

True, true...some are focused on the lost investment of individuals who planned to compete, but some of us are talking about the $40,000 cash that was promised to the group as a whole. 

$40K is still a lot of cash to some of us, Mike.  ;) 

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »
Nobody messes with Melvin Goodrum! The question everyone wants to know is what do you carry in your pocket that Special Ed ought to fear if you catch up with him?

Vince carries a very powerful weapon, his gay penis.  ::)

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2008, 01:17:39 PM »
man...i have run a few shows and took a bath...but could not just close up and deny all of what they worked for...

maybe ben1 never competed so he does not know what its like?

Been is a high level competitor (mostly 80's), out of Europe, very impressive........

Yes, Vince taught Derek anthony a HUGE lesson when DA laid a loogie on his face....Oh wait, Vince didn't do shit....my bad.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: B&A Show has been cancelled!
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »
http://musclemayhem.com/forums/showpost.php?p=965412&postcount=36

:o

From Ben...

There is a lot of stuff we can not make public at this time,just regarding Mr.John Linday not carrying about the show,here is his official email send to one of our sponsors, (I left the name out)

I saw a non-NPC poster in Gold's today for a show in Las Vegas the day after the USA's in July which listed you and your company as a sponsor. So I guess you're finished being a judge with the NPC. Thank you for your support in the past. You willl not be judging any more contests in California with the NPC. We're done!

Jon Lindsay
Southern California Chairman

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2008, 03:20:36 PM »
http://musclemayhem.com/forums/showpost.php?p=965412&postcount=36

:o

funny thing is that two weeks ago I was talking to someone at a bar who is a backstage handler at all of Lindsey's contests.  He told me he would be working the USA on Saturday, then working the B&A on Sunday.  He didn't think Jon would have any problem with that.

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2008, 08:45:44 PM »
Melvin Goodrum cost a lot of us a lot of money.
I

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2008, 09:21:17 PM »
Melvin Goodrum cost a lot of us a lot of money.

What are you doing about it?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2008, 10:52:25 PM »
Hell hath no fury like a woman Vince G scorned! The dude phones sponsors, government offices, everywhere he can to warn people and inform them. Stool pigeon and resident dork all in one. I guess he is paying Getbig back for all the abuse he has taken over the years. The guy has pride but has been tarred and feathered here.

Not by me, of course, because I am on Team Goodrum!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »
umm, who is Jackie Robertson?

Thanks for clearing that up...Jackie Robinson was the first white dude to ever play in the major leagues...Took a lot of shit and even had death threats from the racist black community...

Moosejay

« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2008, 08:05:14 PM »
funny thing is that two weeks ago I was talking to someone at a bar who is a backstage handler at all of Lindsey's contests.  He told me he would be working the USA on Saturday, then working the B&A on Sunday.  He didn't think Jon would have any problem with that.

I don't think Lindsay would give a hoot. He makes $$ either way

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2008, 08:09:27 PM »
No one from Jon's team was working the B and A show...

The bottom line is...there wasn't enough athletes entered in the show to justify the expense and promises made....end of story.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2008, 08:13:28 PM »
No one from Jon's team was working the B and A show...

How can you possibly know this?

How do you define 'team'?  Anyone working the Sat event wasn't planning to work the Sun event?

Come on bob, you cannot possibly know this, unless you define his team narrowly and have spoken to each of them.