Author Topic: Dear Mods  (Read 3066 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Dear Mods
« on: October 13, 2007, 01:20:34 PM »
If you're going to move a topic, ...please show us the courtesy of at least including a link to where you moved it.

Thank You
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Dear Mods
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 01:24:14 PM »

dear coug, if you're going to start a thread . . . don't.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 01:24:29 PM »
Which thread of yours did they move?

I made the same comment about the link when 240 was having issues with being bullied. One of my threads was moved today but a link was provided.

dear coug, if you're going to start a thread . . . don't.

LOL

Some of her threads are good, we all start bad threads sometimes. I can remember opening the General board and seeing 6 or 7 threads of yours in a row. It was like you went on a thread starting bender.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »
Which thread of yours did they move?

I made the same comment about the link when 240 was having issues with being bullied. One of my threads was moved today but a link was provided.

Actually effincardio, I was referring to your thread that he moved.
I wanted to see what others might have said, ...but it was moved and there was no link.
How difficult is it to put a link? The option is there automatically. It's just plain lazy & inconsiderate imo.
...either that, ...or he's holding a grudge that you got to the wierd sex story before him.  :P
w

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 01:45:23 PM »
Hmmm, I could have sworn there was a link. You're right, there isn't one.

He didn't do it for the 240 threads he moved either. I don't think the thread should have been moved but it's really not a big deal. If he wants to play nazi mod then feel free. It's interesting that none of the other mods have this issue though, that psycho jimmy idiot's threads notwithstanding.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 01:48:26 PM »
what thread?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 01:49:11 PM »
Hmmm, I could have sworn there was a link. You're right, there isn't one.

He didn't do it for the 240 threads he moved either. I don't think the thread should have been moved but it's really not a big deal. If he wants to play nazi mod then feel free. It's interesting that none of the other mods have this issue though, that psycho jimmy idiot's threads notwithstanding.

I think he's just on a power trip.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 01:52:27 PM »
what thread?

The one where that Reverend strangled himself in a wet suit with a big rubber dildo up his butt.  ;D

The general thrust of the post (pun intended) was about hypocrisy of authority figures, ...not religion,
so imo, it belonged on Political more so than Religion, ...but hey ...could've left a link.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 01:54:07 PM »
Is this a pattern of abusive behavior with that 'move' option?

what thread, subject, etc?

BB, what rule did she break that warranted the major move of deleting/moving a thread?  We have a small number of members here.  Removing a thread by one of them is a pretty big move.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 01:59:27 PM »
Are you freakin kidding me??  Look, I merge threads every week on this board and move threads on occasion when they have absolutely nothing to do with politics. 

For example, I merged two last night, both of them duplicate threads, one involving a general criticizing Iraq and another involving Gore winning the Nobel prize.  I consider it a general clean up.  Do it all the time. 

Regarding the story about the pastor dying with the dildo up his butt, I couldn't give a rat's butt (so to speak) whether you want to keep on the Politics board.  The story has nothing to do with politics.  But if it's that important to you, either ask Stella to move it back from the Religion board or post it again, assuming Berserker or Ozmo believe it has some political angle (I don't).

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 02:02:13 PM »
The one where that Reverend strangled himself in a wet suit with a big rubber dildo up his butt.  ;D

The general thrust of the post (pun intended) was about hypocrisy of authority figures, ...not religion,
so imo, it belonged on Political more so than Religion, ...but hey ...could've left a link.
He left a link to it.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 02:03:45 PM »
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 02:04:20 PM »

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 02:05:17 PM »
Well what the fuck is this then:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=174968.0

That is a moved thread with no link. Are you having trouble distinguishing what a link is?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »
Well what the fuck is this then:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=174968.0

There is no link there.

...and there is no need to use profanity.  :'(
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 02:06:38 PM »
There is no link there.
Oh you mean you can't click it?  good god you're right, It'll be so hard to find by entering the religious forum ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 02:07:19 PM »
Oh you mean you can't click it?  good god you're right, It'll be so hard to find by entering the religious forum ::)

That's not the point Berserker, and you know it.

...and as a matter of fact, ...it WAS difficult to find. It's only at the top of the board right now because my comment bumped it, but there has been a lot of discussion on the Religion board. All we're asking is the courtesy of a link when a topic is moved. It's not a federal case, no need to make it one, ...just a little moderator courtesy that every other mod on GetBig is able to muster.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 02:13:41 PM »
I don't really care, it's posted where it was moved to.  A link is nice but hardly enough to spaz about if not present.  The story could have easily been kept here had you put the right angle on it so it's your fault it got moved.  It's a valid move.  Had you pointed out something of the reverend's political stance and hypocrisy of his autoerotic secrets I doubt it would have been moved.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

It's common practice to leave a link when a thread is moved. You can dismiss it all you want but you only look like you're making excuses when you do. This is a board full of adults, we don't spam (except for Jag) and we don't overly flame. If you're going to move a thread at least leave a link, I said the same thing when 240 was getting bullied.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=174614.0

Notice the link.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »
I don't really care, it's posted where it was moved to.  A link is nice but hardly enough to spaz about if not present.  The story could have easily been kept here had you put the right angle on it so it's your fault it got moved.  It's a valid move.  Had you pointed out something of the reverend's political stance and hypocrisy of his autoerotic secrets I doubt it would have been moved.

Completely agree.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »

Then why didn't you move the thread? You posted in it before it was moved.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 02:19:37 PM »
It's common practice to leave a link when a thread is moved. You can dismiss it all you want but you only look like you're making excuses when you do. This is a board full of adults, we don't spam (except for Jag) and we don't overly flame. If you're going to move a thread at least leave a link, I said the same thing when 240 was getting bullied.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=174614.0

Notice the link.
I know, and I'm not sure why he didn't leave the link.  I do know it's not worth getting bent out of shape over.  I would be more upset over no record of its move because then you might just think it got deleted.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »

No one is "spazzing out". A simple request was made to include a link in the future when items are moved.
YOU Berserker, are the ONLY one who appears to be spazzing out over this.

I don't know if it's just that you're having a bad day, ...or what, ...and quite frankly I don't care.
Just try to be a little more objective, and not so damned rude & defensive over what is clearly someone else fault.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 02:20:56 PM »
No one is "spazzing out". A simple request was made to include a link in the future when items are moved.
YOU Berserker, are the ONLY one who appears to be spazzing out over this.

I don't know if it's just that you're having a bad day, ...or what, ...and quite frankly I don't care.
Just try not to be a little more objective, and not so damned rude & defensive over what is clearly someone else fault.
that's because you draw the spaz-out in 98% of the board :D  OH SNAP!!! :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
that's because you draw the spaz-out in 98% of the board :D

nice
w