Author Topic: BREAKING: Barr-Durham Investigation Is Now Officially A Criminal Investigation  (Read 8553 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Not holding my breath for criminal charges.  I'll believe it when I see it.

BREAKING: Barr-Durham Investigation Is Now Officially A Criminal Investigation
October 24, 2019 by Bonchie

U.S. Attorney General William Barr listens to concerns raised about public safety in rural Alaska during at a roundtable discussion at the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium on Wednesday, May 29, 2019, in Anchorage, Alaska. Barr did not take questions from reporters in his first public appearance after former special prosecutor Robert Mueller spoke to reporters after resigning at the completion of his report into Russian interference into the 2016 election. (AP Photo/Mark Thiessen)

This is coming in the form of some hilarious spin from The New York Times, but the big news here is that my previous speculation was correct. The Barr-Durham probe into the origins of the Trump-Russia fiasco is now officially a criminal investigation.

Ryan Saavedra

@RealSaavedra
BREAKING: DOJ has shifted its administrative review of the origins of the Russia probe into a criminal investigation

The move gives John Durham the power to subpoena for witness testimony and documents, to impanel a grand jury and to file criminal charges https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/us/politics/john-durham-criminal-investigation.html

President Trump has long sought to undermine the Russia investigation, attacking it as a hoax.
Justice Dept. Is Said to Shift to Criminal Inquiry of Russia Investigation’s Origins
The move is likely to open the attorney general to accusations that he is trying to deliver a political victory for President Trump.

nytimes.com
2:09 PM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
2,364 people are talking about this

TRENDING
Matt Gaetz: 'We Gotta Stop Thinking We Can Use Marquis of Queensbury Rules Against Angry Pack of Rabid Hyenas'
Elizabeth Vaughn

From the link above.

WASHINGTON — For more than two years, President Trump has repeatedly attacked the Russia investigation, portraying it as a hoax and illegal even months after the special counsel closed it. Now, Mr. Trump’s own Justice Department has opened a criminal investigation into how it all began.

Justice Department officials have shifted an administrative review of the Russia investigation closely overseen by Attorney General William P. Barr to a criminal inquiry, according to two people familiar with the matter. The move gives the prosecutor running it, John H. Durham, the power to subpoena for witness testimony and documents, to impanel a grand jury and to file criminal charges.

You can just imagine the spittle flying as they typed this. They really, really don’t want this to be looked into and by shifting it to a criminal investigation, the DOJ now has full power to compel witness testimony. That’s bad news for a lot of people who have been flailing about, insisting there’s no reason they should be investigated.

Of course, instead of just sticking to the facts, the unbiased reporters at the Times described the shift in this manner.

The opening of a criminal investigation is likely to raise alarms that Mr. Trump is using the Justice Department to go after his perceived enemies.

Yes, that’s the problem here. Not that the DOJ has enough evidence to start criminally investigating people, but that it’s happening at all and some might be “alarmed.” Isn’t it weird how they had none of these reservations with the Obama administrations investigation into Trump, nor the Mueller investigation.

There’s not many more details in the article so we’ll have to wait to see what the next moves our, but a lot of people are going to be sweating a little more profusely tonight.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/10/24/breaking-barr-durham-investigation-now-officially-criminal-investigation/?fbclid=IwAR2G_JccF7JXAl7IxlsIjzBkMrTcfn4gRm_ngbwj8I4uobABmxYNQqrlXI0

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL

Going to be fun watching this blow up in their face

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Not holding my breath for criminal charges.

Yes.
“All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others”.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Yes.
“All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others”.

Sad but true.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Not holding my breath for criminal charges.  I'll believe it when I see it.

BREAKING: Barr-Durham Investigation Is Now Officially A Criminal Investigation
October 24, 2019 by Bonchie

U.S. Attorney General William Barr listens to concerns raised about public safety in rural Alaska during at a roundtable discussion at the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium on Wednesday, May 29, 2019, in Anchorage, Alaska. Barr did not take questions from reporters in his first public appearance after former special prosecutor Robert Mueller spoke to reporters after resigning at the completion of his report into Russian interference into the 2016 election. (AP Photo/Mark Thiessen)

This is coming in the form of some hilarious spin from The New York Times, but the big news here is that my previous speculation was correct. The Barr-Durham probe into the origins of the Trump-Russia fiasco is now officially a criminal investigation.

Ryan Saavedra

@RealSaavedra
BREAKING: DOJ has shifted its administrative review of the origins of the Russia probe into a criminal investigation

The move gives John Durham the power to subpoena for witness testimony and documents, to impanel a grand jury and to file criminal charges https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/us/politics/john-durham-criminal-investigation.html

President Trump has long sought to undermine the Russia investigation, attacking it as a hoax.
Justice Dept. Is Said to Shift to Criminal Inquiry of Russia Investigation’s Origins
The move is likely to open the attorney general to accusations that he is trying to deliver a political victory for President Trump.

nytimes.com
2:09 PM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
2,364 people are talking about this

TRENDING
Matt Gaetz: 'We Gotta Stop Thinking We Can Use Marquis of Queensbury Rules Against Angry Pack of Rabid Hyenas'
Elizabeth Vaughn

From the link above.

WASHINGTON — For more than two years, President Trump has repeatedly attacked the Russia investigation, portraying it as a hoax and illegal even months after the special counsel closed it. Now, Mr. Trump’s own Justice Department has opened a criminal investigation into how it all began.

Justice Department officials have shifted an administrative review of the Russia investigation closely overseen by Attorney General William P. Barr to a criminal inquiry, according to two people familiar with the matter. The move gives the prosecutor running it, John H. Durham, the power to subpoena for witness testimony and documents, to impanel a grand jury and to file criminal charges.

You can just imagine the spittle flying as they typed this. They really, really don’t want this to be looked into and by shifting it to a criminal investigation, the DOJ now has full power to compel witness testimony. That’s bad news for a lot of people who have been flailing about, insisting there’s no reason they should be investigated.

Of course, instead of just sticking to the facts, the unbiased reporters at the Times described the shift in this manner.

The opening of a criminal investigation is likely to raise alarms that Mr. Trump is using the Justice Department to go after his perceived enemies.

Yes, that’s the problem here. Not that the DOJ has enough evidence to start criminally investigating people, but that it’s happening at all and some might be “alarmed.” Isn’t it weird how they had none of these reservations with the Obama administrations investigation into Trump, nor the Mueller investigation.

There’s not many more details in the article so we’ll have to wait to see what the next moves our, but a lot of people are going to be sweating a little more profusely tonight.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/10/24/breaking-barr-durham-investigation-now-officially-criminal-investigation/?fbclid=IwAR2G_JccF7JXAl7IxlsIjzBkMrTcfn4gRm_ngbwj8I4uobABmxYNQqrlXI0

Beat me to it

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
LOL

Going to be fun watching this blow up in their face

You mean like the three year investigation into "Russian collusion" Hahahahahaha

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
Rachel Madcow in total meltdown mode.

I see Safe Spaces in the near future for her and Strawboy again.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

Straw, remember this face.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Straw, remember this face.

no thanks

I'll depend on you to remind me when it ever actually matters

good luck on this folly

how many Benghazi investigations were there again?

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
U.S. Attorney John Durham's ongoing probe into potential FBI and Justice Department misconduct in the run-up to the 2016 election through the spring of 2017 has transitioned into a full-fledged criminal investigation.

Brennan
Clapper
McCabe
Comey
Clinton
Obama
Strzok
Page
Rice
Lynch
Holder
Biden
Schiff
Ohr
Ohr

All better get used to wearing orange jumpsuits

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
no thanks

I'll depend on you to remind me when it ever actually matters

good luck on this folly

how many Benghazi investigations were there again?

Those were congressional investigations. Congress can’t press charges. The Justice Department can.

That said, I’m going to go with Dos Equis on this one. I’ll believe it when I see criminal charges.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Exactly. I saw this and thought WTF?
 I thought Trump and his supporters said the Mueller Russia collusion investigation produced no clear proof.
You'd think that Team Trump would want that finding  to stand.
Now, they want to open it back up and question the legitimacy of those involved with THAT conclusion.
Makes no sense to me . Wasn't the Mueller probe into Russian collusion done properly?
Did they get the wrong result? I'm confused? ???

They’re not questioning the conclusions of the report. The issue is whether or not there was spying on the Trump campaign during the election and the legitimacy of the investigation in the first place.

Funny how Democrats or for any type of investigation except for one that might put you in a bad light.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
Ok, so they're NOT questioning the conclusions right?
BUT, they are questioning the legitimacy of those involved in obtaining that conclusion? ???
Ok?

It's like saying a fart stinks BUT the farter's ass smells like roses. WTF? ;D

Makes no sense to me , but if they want to go that direction...have at it.

How does that not make sense? If you are falsely accused of rape by a woman only out to smear your good name and you are acquitted, wouldn’t you want her investigated and punished? So she doesn’t do it again? Accountability.........

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
I agree with your "wrongly charged of rape" analogy.

BUT, using that logic :
1.Trump was NOT found guilty of Russian collusion , right?
2.BUT, your side wants to reverse  that and prove they were  incompetent.
3. Soooooo, investigating these people will  prove THEY did the wrong thing and  Trump WAS colluding?

OK? This is like a  Mr O winner, going back and questioning the competency of the judges who picked him to win. ::)

It’s not about incompetence. It’s about corruption. The FBI and the CIA being Weaponized to overthrow an election.

Everyone knows this whole deal was shady except liberals like you who can’t accept  it.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
Howard, you can act like a retard and pretend you don’t understand the definition of illegal, but....a whole lot of Democrats are headed to prison and President Trump will win again.

The Democrat Party has become the Party of liars, crooks, pedos, retards, and snowflakes.

mazrim

• Getbig V
My guess, it'll be obvious what happened (it is already) but no one will be held accountable except maybe a few small fish that nobody has heard of. Or just light slaps on the wrist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
FBI agents manipulated Flynn file, as Clapper allegedly urged 'kill shot': court filing
FoxNews Online ^ | October 25, 2019 | Brooke Singman
Posted on 10/25/2019, 11:44:47 AM by Cboldt

An explosive new court filing from Michael Flynn's legal team alleges that FBI agents manipulated official records of the former national security adviser's 2017 interview that led to him being charged with lying to investigators. It's Flynn's lawyers latest attempt to get the case thrown out. ...

Whether the combative filings will persuade the court in a case where Flynn has already pleaded guilty remains to be seen.

Prosecutors have strongly rejected claims they're hiding evidence, saying "the government has exceeded its discovery and disclosure obligations in this matter," including by providing Flynn with thousands of pages of documents.

Federal prosecutors earlier this month called the defense's filings a "fishing expedition."

"Since the beginning of their involvement, the defendant's new counsel, have sought to get the charges dropped, professed their client's actual innocence, and perpetuated conspiracy theories, all while stating that the defendant does not intend to withdraw his guilty plea," they wrote.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
I didn't vote for Trump, but  he won fair and square. I fully accept that
I understand there are conspiracy theories about the election being fixed.

I'm surprised you and other Trump voters won't accept the 2016 election result as valid.

Are you losing your mind? Why would I not accept it? My guy won. It was your people that launched an investigation into the election. The deep state, the democratic party and its water carriers in the media have been trying to stage a coup from the minute Trump got into office.

Finally, the Justice Department is doing something. As others have said, I’ll believe it when I actually see some indictments.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
I'll bet this guy drives the ladies wild with his handsome looks and youthful energy.

Translation - "he scares me and my party"

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
My guess, it'll be obvious what happened (it is already) but no one will be held accountable except maybe a few small fish that nobody has heard of. Or just light slaps on the wrist.

My go to guy on this has been Dan Bongino. From listening to him, I gather that the head of the snake is Brennan. We’ll see if he’s held accountable.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
My go to guy on this has been Dan Bongino. From listening to him, I gather that the head of the snake is Brennan. We’ll see if he’s held accountable.

Colluding with a foreign govt to alter a USA election is treason. People are already starting to flip.

How many do you think would take the fall for Brennan, Clapper, Comey, McCabe on this? None. Zero.

Who was in charge of all these people?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

Colluding with a foreign govt to alter a USA election is treason. People are already starting to flip.

How many do you think would take the fall for Brennan, Clapper, Comey, McCabe on this? None. Zero.

Who was in charge of all these people?

Also, out of all of these people, Brennan has been the most hostile on talk shows and on Twitter.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
Also, out of all of these people, Brennan has been the most hostile on talk shows and on Twitter.

Watch the Anderson Cooper interview with James Clapper.

Clapper is literally shitting his pants on national television

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Watch the Anderson Cooper interview with James Clapper.

Clapper is literally shitting his pants on national television

National television? He lied to the Senate, under oath, but of course laws don't apply to people like him.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Exactly. I saw this and thought WTF?
 I thought Trump and his supporters said the Mueller Russia collusion investigation produced no clear proof.
You'd think that Team Trump would want that finding  to stand.
Now, they want to open it back up and question the legitimacy of those involved with THAT conclusion.
Makes no sense to me . Wasn't the Mueller probe into Russian collusion done properly?
Did they get the wrong result? I'm confused? ???

you really scare me  :-\
K