Author Topic: workinhg on the inner chest  (Read 9256 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
workinhg on the inner chest
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:37:23 PM »
I was curious, what is the best flye movement to do to improve the inner chest?? I've heard that pec deck or crossovers works  works.but does the dumbbell flyes work as well or I have to do pec deck or crossovers to fill in the inner pec more?? 

I freaked up myself but doing all pressing movement instead of including flyes in my chest workout. now i know that flyes works across the chest and presses work up and down the chest.

I got a huge outer chest but I have to work on inner chest..

2big4u

• Getbig II
Re: workinhg on the inner chest
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 03:49:06 PM »
i hear you there bro,my chest is around 54" but lacked in the middle,because all i did was flat,incline and decline bench,so i started cable crossovers and it really thickened up after a few months.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 04:10:15 PM »
i hear you there bro,my chest is around 54" but lacked in the middle,because all i did was flat,incline and decline bench,so i started cable crossovers and it really thickened up after a few months.

my favorite option is a pec deck / machine fly machine where you can grip the handle (with your arms straight)... forget about the amount of weight and focus on the contraction

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 04:45:40 PM »
thank god I moved to a new gym that has like three different kinds pec decks. the one at my old gym was the bent arm kind.. I really didn't  like it. i felt more in the delts then my chest

I'm  going to try the  hammer style pec decks that can also be used for rear delts

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 05:01:40 PM »
thank god I moved to a new gym that has like three different kinds pec decks. the one at my old gym was the bent arm kind.. I really didn't  like it. i felt more in the delts then my chest

I'm  going to try the  hammer style pec decks that can also be used for rear delts

that's the one i am talking about

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 03:48:34 PM »

I call bullshit.  You had a complete chest routine and I HIGHTLY doubt that adding cable crossovers had ANYTHING to do with "thickening" up your chest.  Did you change your whole routine?  Maybe it was your diet?  Supplementation? 

2big4u

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »
my inner chest got a lot thicker from doing cable crossovers,no diet change whatsoever.not that big of a deal.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
my inner chest got a lot thicker from doing cable crossovers,no diet change whatsoever.not that big of a deal.

sometimes it has more to do with your mental focus... if cable cross-overs or pec deck or whatever helps build your inner chest keep doing it

i know that when i do these movements i am much more aware of my innner chest contraction compared to when i am pressing.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »
Lee haney responded to the same question in flex:

he said use bumbell presses, but squeeze like crazy at the apex (top) of the exercise.  you may need to use lighter weight, but i feel really sore in the inner chest the next day.
you are gay.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 10:59:08 AM »
dont listen to these douchebags. you CN build up your chest from ANY resistance movement that puts stress on the pectorial muscles.   a muscle contraction is a muscle contraction. PERIOD. if you put enough weight on the cable stacks, you can build just as much muscle; but in a  different area of the chest; as you can with bench press.    because....a MUSCLE CONTRACTION IS A MUSCLE CONTRACTION.   cable flys put more stress on the inside of the pectorial muscle, but still make the whole muscle fire; where as bench press puts more stress on the outer portion of the chest, but still makes the muscle fire.  ..

start out with cable crossovers and go HEAVY. if you need to you can pin extra 45 pound plates into the pulley weight stacks.  just be careful not to injure your rotator cuff, and to make sure that the chets is doign the work, not your front delts.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 11:13:23 AM »
douch, you are saying the same thing we just said.

yes, a contraction is a contraction, but its pretty accepted that wide grip BP works outer chest MORE, and close grip works inner MORE.  yes the whole chest is working, but the concentration is on different parts.  Thats just like saying one back exercise works the WHOLE back equally.
you are gay.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 11:41:21 AM »

yes, a contraction is a contraction, but its pretty accepted that wide grip BP works outer chest MORE, and close grip works inner MORE.  yes the whole chest is working, but the concentration is on different parts.  Thats just like saying one back exercise works the WHOLE back equally.
close grip bench press works the triceps more, and makes it harder to really get a good chest workout.

goign extremely heavy with intense concentration on working your mind-muscle connection using all of your pecs to do the movement.....and letting your arms fully extend at the elbow, while using your hands as hooks; contracting your chest to pull the upper arm down on the elbow joint wich is locked out so transfers to force from the contraction to the hand which is gripped onto a handle, where the forces of the chest contraction slides up the pulley rope and down to the weight stack.

do that shit.

"douche"..    yeah, lol. bro; i am 18 years old and my level of intellect is at least triple yours. i dont give a fuck how you measure it...mine will be triple what yours is. its science. 

now go kill yourself for trying to respond to something i have said.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 11:48:50 AM »

I hate to say it but I agree with Candidate but it's only 1 Muscle, Pectoralis Major where the back is a few different muslces that can be worked with different grips and angles.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 11:50:34 AM »
I hate to say it but I agree with Candidate but it's only 1 Muscle, Pectoralis Major where the back is a few different muslces that can be worked with different grips and angles.

mike, dont worry about it; to agree with me is to accept a truth.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »
lol at th douche.  your level of intellect?  hahaha.    u are 18!!!  i am 28 with not only a master degree but a MD degree as well.  but no you are correct, your intellect is far superior!   Did you even graduate high school yet?

as for the other douche, lol, the pec is 2 muscles!  there is also a pectoralis minor, located more in the upper chest.  but thats a different story.

whats funny here is that we all say different excerises HIT different areas of a muscle.  then canditit tit comes on and says it hits the whole muscle, but more so on one area.  SAME DAMN THING RETARD.  we say 1+1= 2 and canditit comes on and says no, 3-1=2.  hope you gaduate.  you are most likely a democrat.  hahahaha.
you are gay.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 01:05:58 PM »
I have to agree with Lee Haney over some 18 yr old douche who enjoys "science."  Flat bench dumbell and squeeze like hell at the top.  I feel much more sore on the inner pecs when I do that.  Flys are good too, but you must contract fully at the downswing.

you are gay.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 02:12:57 PM »
lol at th douche.  your level of intellect?  hahaha.    u are 18!!!  i am 28 with not only a master degree but a MD degree as well.  but no you are correct, your intellect is far superior!   Did you even graduate high school yet?

as for the other douche, lol, the pec is 2 muscles!  there is also a pectoralis minor, located more in the upper chest.  but thats a different story.

whats funny here is that we all say different excerises HIT different areas of a muscle.  then canditit tit comes on and says it hits the whole muscle, but more so on one area.  SAME DAMN THING RETARD.  we say 1+1= 2 and canditit comes on and says no, 3-1=2.  hope you gaduate.  you are most likely a democrat.  hahahaha.
i didnt ontradict anything any one said, mother fucker. i didnt even read the whole thread. i just saw the main subject and hit reply....to give my two cents.   a masters degree, huh? lol; yeah like that is a big accomplishemnt. congrats bro!! you paid your tuition and attended classes! you are so fucking awesome! lol.   and i highly doubt you have a doctorate. but if you do.....same shit, just different length of stay.

lee haney can suck my dick.

so if you have a doctorate; then you should be highly knowledgeable in a specific field....     and since i have never attended colege; and never recieved any instruction in your field; you should be able to easily defeat me in some sort of debate on whatever subject it is that you specialize in.

GO.

ill reply.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »
hahahhaa my Lord!!! look at the chest on this beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
AS OPPOSED TO YOUR CHEST; YOU no-muscled FAT FUCK?

d[-_-]b actin all cool

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »
oh shit!  epic self-owning!   hahaha.

lets take advice from this beast!! hahaha. 

as for my degree, I have NOTHING to prove to you.  but if you wanna play, name 3 disease related to mutations in connexins?  i'll give u a hint, these form gap junctions b/w cells... 
you are gay.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 04:03:21 PM »

In terms of develping the chest, there is only one muscle involved, the Pectoralis Major:

The Pectoralis minor depresses the point of the shoulder, drawing the scapula downward and medialward toward the thorax, and throwing the inferior angle backward.

Please, Doc, let me know if I'm right or not?

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 05:43:59 PM »
Try bench press with a reverse grip. this will work the inner chest also triceps.  make sure you do a different variety of chest exercises.  If you want to see your chest develop you cant do the same exercises every week. Adding pushups to a chest workout helps.  I do decline and weighted pushups along with bench press then switch off and sometimes do flat flys or incline.  Always switch up your routine.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 06:10:20 PM »
Focus on the end contraction of every rep.

I read an article once by Arnold that another lifter in his time told him to focus on the contraction portion of cable crossovers, after Arnold noticed his lack of ROM, and upon trying the new version found an appreciation for it and noticed more chest striations. 

I notice a similar feeling on the lockout squeeze and hold on Hammer Strength Machines.
Squishy face retard

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 07:23:34 PM »

In terms of develping the chest, there is only one muscle involved, the Pectoralis Major:

The Pectoralis minor depresses the point of the shoulder, drawing the scapula downward and medialward toward the thorax, and throwing the inferior angle backward.

Please, Doc, let me know if I'm right or not?

lol, you people amaze me.  You said the chest had one mucle.  now you site an article that says there are 2 like i said.  epic self owning.  I never said the pec minor played a role in mass, I simply stated there were 2 muscles of the pecs.  so may son, you proved yourself wrong.  back to school kids..
you are gay.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 10:01:25 PM »

as for my degree, I have NOTHING to prove to you.  but if you wanna play, name 3 disease related to mutations in connexins?  i'll give u a hint, these form gap junctions b/w cells... 
keratoderma, oculodentodigital dysplasia, autosomal recessive deafness.

while the nomenclature of the connexins is somewhat confusing...The connexins have been designated by their molecular mass. Another system of nomenclature divides gap junction proteins into 2 categories, alpha and beta, according to sequence similarities.

::) ::)
anything else..
d[-_-]b actin all cool